|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 180 - 187.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglas question about his friends?
(a) Why they seem more alive
(b) Why they do not want to spend time with him
(c) When they will come to a new sense of being
(d) How they will spend the summer
2. What are jackstones?
3. What does Bill Forrester plan on doing that bothers Grandfather greatly?
(a) Hire Douglas to cut his grass
(b) Replace his grass with some that does not need to be mowed
(c) Move out of the town
(d) Plant trees blocking Grandfather's view of the property
4. What types of books does Sam Brown say that Clara Goodwater ordered?
(a) Ones on witchcraft
(b) Ones on traveling
(c) Ones of a sexual nature
(d) Ones on WWI
5. What does Helen Bentley purchase for a group of children?
(b) Ice cream
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words means about the same thing as the word distilled as it is used in the following sentence? The distilled brew will serve the family well.
2. What event helps to resolve the differences between Clara and Elmira?
3. Which of the following did Lena not see when she was in the Happiness Machine?
4. Why does Helen make a big scene at the movie?
5. Where do the men and boys gather on many of the summer nights?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)