|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 140 - 154.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglas offer to do to make up for the money he is short so that he will still be able to get the shoes?
(a) Collects dandelions
(b) Cleans the store
(c) Runs errands
(d) Advertises with his friends about the shoes
2. What is it about Helen Bentley that the children do not believe?
(a) That she was once young
(b) That she is rich
(c) That she can be mean
(d) That she dislikes summer
3. What does Leo believe the Happiness Machine will quell?
(d) Demons of human existence
4. Who does Douglas join for ice cream at the drugstore?
(a) Helen Loomis
(b) Colonel Freeleigh
(c) Mrs. Bentley
(d) Bill Forrester
5. What does Bill confess to Helen?
(a) He wanted her to come over for dinner
(b) He once was in love with her
(c) He wanted her to be his mother
(d) He always disliked her
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Leo and Lena argue about?
2. What is mother doing while Tom sits by the front door screen?
3. What summer ritual do Douglas and Tom take part in?
4. How old was Helen in the photo Bill found of her in the paper?
5. Why can't any of the children or towsnpeople remember a young Mrs. Bentley?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)