|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 140 - 154.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words means about the same thing as the word distilled as it is used in the following sentence?
The distilled brew will serve the family well.
2. What did Douglas want his father to buy him after they went to a movie?
(b) Ice cream cone
3. What is it about Helen Bentley that the children do not believe?
(a) That she dislikes summer
(b) That she is rich
(c) That she can be mean
(d) That she was once young
4. What does Tom say would not belong in a Happiness Machine?
(b) The lonely one
(d) Ravine at night
5. What city does Colonel Freeleigh call?
(a) Washington, DC
(c) Mexico City
Short Answer Questions
1. Who witnessed the event where the Green Machine ran over the someone?
2. Who does Bill remind Helen of?
3. What does Bill Forrester plan on doing that bothers Grandfather greatly?
4. How many days does Leo spend working on the Happiness Machine?
5. What rite does Douglas perform on the third day of summer?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)