|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 140 - 154.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the children's disbelief make Helen feel?
2. Where does Douglas go with his brother Tom and his Father?
(a) Junk yard
3. Which of the following doesn't Helen show to the children?
(b) Wedding picture
(d) Childhood picture
4. Where do Douglas, his grandfather and brother meet Leo?
(a) In front of the cigar shop
(b) At the movie house
(c) On the neighbor's porch
(d) Next to the ravine
5. What season is it as the novel opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event helps to resolve the differences between Clara and Elmira?
2. Where does Tridden tell the boys the trolley used to ride for summer picnics?
3. Where do Miss Fern and Miss Roberta hide?
4. How often does Douglas spend the night with his grandparents?
5. What does Douglas use to begin to appreciate his surroundings?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)