|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 80 - 96.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the children's disbelief make Helen feel?
2. What rite does Douglas perform on the third day of summer?
(a) Remounting the porch swing
(b) Building a happiness machine
(c) Going for a nightly stroll
(d) Buying a cigar at the cigar shop
3. Why can't any of the children or towsnpeople remember a young Mrs. Bentley?
(a) She is new to town
(b) It was too long ago
(c) She is older than everyone else
(d) She was never young
4. Which of the following terms is an antonym for the term jubilant?
5. What does Douglas believe will happen if he gets new sneakers?
(a) They will make him faster
(b) They will make him popular
(c) They will keep his senses alive
(d) They will help him get more dandelions
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bentley feel was stolen away by the children not believing that she was once young and pretty?
2. How often does Douglas spend the night with his grandparents?
3. How much does Grandfather pay the boys for the dandelions they collect?
4. What divides Green Town into two?
5. What is considered Douglas and Tom's first rite of the summer?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)