|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 80 - 96.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rite does Douglas perform on the third day of summer?
(a) Remounting the porch swing
(b) Building a happiness machine
(c) Buying a cigar at the cigar shop
(d) Going for a nightly stroll
2. Where is Father after Tom returns home with Grandfather?
(a) Lodge meeting
(b) In bed
(c) Looking for Douglas
(d) Sitting on the porch
3. What does Bill Forrester plan on doing that bothers Grandfather greatly?
(a) Plant trees blocking Grandfather's view of the property
(b) Move out of the town
(c) Replace his grass with some that does not need to be mowed
(d) Hire Douglas to cut his grass
4. What does Leo have a difficult time resolving the dynamics between?
(a) Man and machine
(b) Night and day
(c) Man and Woman
(d) Nature and Man
5. What does Douglas suggest they should build?
(a) New wine press
(b) Grape and wine picking machine
(c) Cigar cutter
(d) Happiness machine
Short Answer Questions
1. Which category of his summer did Douglas decide remounting the porch swing with his grandfather fell into?
2. What is the dandelion wine used for during the winter?
3. How many parts does Douglas decide to keep track of his summer in?
4. What makes Lena furious about the time Leo spent working on the Happiness Machine?
5. What does Douglas use to begin to appreciate his surroundings?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)