|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 64 - 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Leo tries the machine himself?
(a) It works perfectly
(b) It catches on fire
(c) It reduces him to tears
(d) It explodes
2. Which of the following terms is an antonym for the term jubilant?
3. What does Grandfather need to press with the dandelions Douglas and his brother collect?
(a) Fresh rainwater
(b) Mint leaves
(c) Wild strawberries
(d) Fox grapes
4. What does Douglas find contentment in on Grandfather's porch?
(a) Brother's love
(b) Catching lightning bugs
(c) Adults' presence and chatter
(d) Sounds of the crickets
5. Which of the following did Lena not see when she was in the Happiness Machine?
(a) Smell of perfume
(b) Images of Europe
(c) Life without Leo
(d) Sounds of music
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words means about the same thing as the word distilled as it is used in the following sentence? The distilled brew will serve the family well.
2. What does Leo believe machines end up being used for?
3. What is it about Helen Bentley that the children do not believe?
4. What does Mrs. Bentley feel was stolen away by the children not believing that she was once young and pretty?
5. In what year does this novel begin?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)