|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 64 - 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lena feel about the idea of the Happiness Machine?
2. What does Helen do with most of her possessions after deciding to live only in the present?
(a) Puts them on the porch
(b) Sells them at a sale
(c) Burns them
(d) Throws them in the trash
3. What does Douglas question about his friends?
(a) How they will spend the summer
(b) Why they do not want to spend time with him
(c) Why they seem more alive
(d) When they will come to a new sense of being
4. What does Douglas offer to do to make up for the money he is short so that he will still be able to get the shoes?
(a) Collects dandelions
(b) Cleans the store
(c) Advertises with his friends about the shoes
(d) Runs errands
5. What is it about Helen Bentley that the children do not believe?
(a) That she is rich
(b) That she dislikes summer
(c) That she can be mean
(d) That she was once young
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill Forrester plan on doing that bothers Grandfather greatly?
2. Where do Douglas, his grandfather and brother meet Leo?
3. What does Helen Bentley purchase for a group of children?
4. How does Tom feel as he and his mother approach the ravine?
5. Why can't any of the children or towsnpeople remember a young Mrs. Bentley?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)