|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 64 - 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rite does Douglas perform on the third day of summer?
(a) Building a happiness machine
(b) Buying a cigar at the cigar shop
(c) Remounting the porch swing
(d) Going for a nightly stroll
2. What is mother doing while Tom sits by the front door screen?
3. How old is Mrs. Bentley?
4. How much more money does Douglas need to buy the new sneakers himself?
(a) Twenty-five cents
(b) One dollar and ten cents
(c) Fifty cents
(d) One dollar
5. How old was Helen in the picture that she shows to the children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is considered Douglas and Tom's first rite of the summer?
2. What does mother call the specter of death?
3. What season is it as the novel opens?
4. What does Leo have a difficult time resolving the dynamics between?
5. Why can't any of the children or towsnpeople remember a young Mrs. Bentley?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)