|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 64 - 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leo believe the Happiness Machine will quell?
(b) Demons of human existence
2. What habit of Tom's gives Douglas an idea?
(a) Running through the meadow
(b) Collecting rainwater
(c) Keeping statistics
(d) Gathering dandelions
3. Which of the following words would Douglas use to describe Green Town?
4. What does Douglas suggest they should build?
(a) New wine press
(b) Cigar cutter
(c) Grape and wine picking machine
(d) Happiness machine
5. What does Douglas use to begin to appreciate his surroundings?
(a) Tom's adventure
(c) Father's words
(d) Flavors of mint and pinesap
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following are the major themes of this section?
2. What does Douglas offer to do to make up for the money he is short so that he will still be able to get the shoes?
3. How often does Douglas spend the night with his grandparents?
4. What is it about Helen Bentley that the children do not believe?
5. How does Tom feel as he and his mother approach the ravine?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)