|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 64 - 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandfather need to press with the dandelions Douglas and his brother collect?
(a) Fresh rainwater
(b) Wild strawberries
(c) Mint leaves
(d) Fox grapes
2. What rite does Douglas perform on the third day of summer?
(a) Buying a cigar at the cigar shop
(b) Remounting the porch swing
(c) Building a happiness machine
(d) Going for a nightly stroll
3. Which of the following words means about the same thing as the word distilled as it is used in the following sentence?
The distilled brew will serve the family well.
4. What summer ritual do Douglas and Tom take part in?
(a) Beating the rugs clean
(b) Going to the movies
(c) Eating ice cream
(d) Mowing the lawn
5. Which of the following characters believes that a sandwich outdoors tastes different from indoors?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following are the major themes of this section?
2. Where do Douglas, his grandfather and brother meet Leo?
3. How often does Douglas spend the night with his grandparents?
4. Which of the following characters first tried the machine after Leo announced it was finished?
5. How many parts does Douglas decide to keep track of his summer in?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)