|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 64 - 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leo have a difficult time resolving the dynamics between?
(a) Nature and Man
(b) Man and machine
(c) Man and Woman
(d) Night and day
2. How much does Grandfather pay the boys for the dandelions they collect?
(a) 25 cents per bag
(b) 1 cent per dandelion
(c) 10 cents per bag
(d) 5 cents per bag
3. What is considered Douglas and Tom's first rite of the summer?
(a) Collecting dandelions
(b) Picking fox grapes
(c) Eating wild strawberries
(d) Going on a picnic in the forest
4. What does Bill Forrester plan on doing that bothers Grandfather greatly?
(a) Replace his grass with some that does not need to be mowed
(b) Move out of the town
(c) Hire Douglas to cut his grass
(d) Plant trees blocking Grandfather's view of the property
5. What makes Lena furious about the time Leo spent working on the Happiness Machine?
(a) The emotional turmoil it caused the family
(b) That he missed his child's special events
(c) That he wasted so many days
(d) That he ignored her complaints
Short Answer Questions
1. What summer first does Grandfather look forward to and relish?
2. What is it about Helen Bentley that the children do not believe?
3. How does Tom feel as he and his mother approach the ravine?
4. How does the children's disbelief make Helen feel?
5. What happens when Leo tries the machine himself?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)