|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 64 - 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What summer first does Grandfather look forward to and relish?
(a) The smell of flowers and the sounds of birds
(b) Waking to the sound of a lawn mower
(c) Making dandelion wine
(d) Big family breakfasts
2. What makes Lena furious about the time Leo spent working on the Happiness Machine?
(a) That he wasted so many days
(b) The emotional turmoil it caused the family
(c) That he ignored her complaints
(d) That he missed his child's special events
3. Which of the following words would Douglas use to describe Green Town?
4. What does Helen Bentley purchase for a group of children?
(c) Ice cream
5. What do Leo and Lena argue about?
(a) Replacement grass that does not need to be mowed
(b) Life in Green Town
(d) Happiness Machine
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglas believe will happen if he gets new sneakers?
2. What happens to Leo after he enters the kitchen and announces he finished the plans for the Happiness Machine?
3. What does Helen do with most of her possessions after deciding to live only in the present?
4. What does Leo believe machines end up being used for?
5. Why does Douglas' sense of excitement become lackluster when he is with his friends?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)