|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 64 - 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Douglas, his grandfather and brother meet Leo?
(a) On the neighbor's porch
(b) Next to the ravine
(c) At the movie house
(d) In front of the cigar shop
2. Why does Mother grow anxious when Tom returns from the store?
(a) She believes she forgot to unplug the iron
(b) The Lonely One is around
(c) Father is not home yet
(d) Douglas is not home yet
3. Where is Father after Tom returns home with Grandfather?
(a) Looking for Douglas
(b) Sitting on the porch
(c) Lodge meeting
(d) In bed
4. What does Mother send Tom to purchase?
(a) Ice cream
(d) Iced tea
5. Which of the following words means about the same thing as the word distilled as it is used in the following sentence?
The distilled brew will serve the family well.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lena feel about the idea of the Happiness Machine?
2. What habit of Tom's gives Douglas an idea?
3. How often does Douglas spend the night with his grandparents?
4. What rite does Douglas perform on the third day of summer?
5. What does Tom say would not belong in a Happiness Machine?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)