|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 37 - 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglas use to begin to appreciate his surroundings?
(a) Tom's adventure
(b) Father's words
(d) Flavors of mint and pinesap
2. What does Douglas offer to do to make up for the money he is short so that he will still be able to get the shoes?
(a) Runs errands
(b) Cleans the store
(c) Advertises with his friends about the shoes
(d) Collects dandelions
3. Which of the following characters believes that a sandwich outdoors tastes different from indoors?
4. What did Douglas want his father to buy him after they went to a movie?
(a) Ice cream cone
5. How much does Grandfather pay the boys for the dandelions they collect?
(a) 5 cents per bag
(b) 25 cents per bag
(c) 10 cents per bag
(d) 1 cent per dandelion
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Father after Tom returns home with Grandfather?
2. What does mother call the specter of death?
3. What does Leo believe the Happiness Machine will quell?
4. Which of the following words means about the same thing as the word distilled as it is used in the following sentence? The distilled brew will serve the family well.
5. What does Tom say would not belong in a Happiness Machine?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)