|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 37 - 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much more money does Douglas need to buy the new sneakers himself?
(a) Fifty cents
(b) One dollar
(c) Twenty-five cents
(d) One dollar and ten cents
2. How often does Douglas spend the night with his grandparents?
3. Where does Douglas go with his brother Tom and his Father?
(a) Junk yard
4. What habit of Tom's gives Douglas an idea?
(a) Keeping statistics
(b) Running through the meadow
(c) Gathering dandelions
(d) Collecting rainwater
5. Which of the following words means about the same thing as the word distilled as it is used in the following sentence?
The distilled brew will serve the family well.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does this novel take place?
2. Which of the following words would Douglas use to describe Green Town?
3. Where do the men and boys gather on many of the summer nights?
4. Which of the following are the major themes of this section?
5. What does Douglas believe will happen if he gets new sneakers?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)