|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 37 - 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words would Douglas use to describe Green Town?
2. What does Douglas offer to do to make up for the money he is short so that he will still be able to get the shoes?
(a) Collects dandelions
(b) Cleans the store
(c) Advertises with his friends about the shoes
(d) Runs errands
3. What does Leo believe the Happiness Machine will quell?
(c) Demons of human existence
4. What is Tom relieved by when they return home?
(a) The sound of his father returning
(b) Douglas' sweat
(c) The ice cream he purchased
(d) Mother's cooking
5. What is considered Douglas and Tom's first rite of the summer?
(a) Eating wild strawberries
(b) Collecting dandelions
(c) Going on a picnic in the forest
(d) Picking fox grapes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglas use to begin to appreciate his surroundings?
2. Why does Douglas' sense of excitement become lackluster when he is with his friends?
3. In what state does this novel take place?
4. Which of the following words means about the same thing as the word distilled as it is used in the following sentence? The distilled brew will serve the family well.
5. How does Tom feel as he and his mother approach the ravine?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)