|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 37 - 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Douglas' sense of excitement become lackluster when he is with his friends?
(a) They make fun of his shoes
(b) He likes their shoes more than his own
(c) He cannot keep up with them
(d) No one tlaks to him
2. What does Leo have a difficult time resolving the dynamics between?
(a) Nature and Man
(b) Night and day
(c) Man and Woman
(d) Man and machine
3. What does Douglas question about his friends?
(a) Why they seem more alive
(b) How they will spend the summer
(c) When they will come to a new sense of being
(d) Why they do not want to spend time with him
4. What does Tom say would not belong in a Happiness Machine?
(a) The lonely one
(d) Ravine at night
5. How old is Douglas at the beginning of this novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does this novel take place?
2. How much does Grandfather pay the boys for the dandelions they collect?
3. What rite does Douglas perform on the third day of summer?
4. Where do many of the women work and chat on the summer nights?
5. What did Douglas want his father to buy him after they went to a movie?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)