|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 37 - 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many parts does Douglas decide to keep track of his summer in?
2. Which of the following terms is an antonym for the term jubilant?
3. What does Douglas offer to do to make up for the money he is short so that he will still be able to get the shoes?
(a) Cleans the store
(b) Advertises with his friends about the shoes
(c) Runs errands
(d) Collects dandelions
4. What does Leo believe machines end up being used for?
(a) Angry purposes
(d) Destructive purposes
5. What does Douglas suggest they should build?
(a) New wine press
(b) Grape and wine picking machine
(c) Happiness machine
(d) Cigar cutter
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglas find contentment in on Grandfather's porch?
2. Why does Mother grow anxious when Tom returns from the store?
3. Where is Father after Tom returns home with Grandfather?
4. What rite does Douglas perform on the third day of summer?
5. Where do many of the women work and chat on the summer nights?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)