|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 37 - 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Leo Auffmann is known for?
(c) Movie projectionist
(d) Cigar shop owner
2. What does Douglas' father speak about the wonders of?
3. Which of the following are the major themes of this section?
(a) Life and death
(b) Death and fear
(c) Perseverence and friendship
(d) Relief and happiness
4. Where do many of the women work and chat on the summer nights?
5. Where do Douglas, his grandfather and brother meet Leo?
(a) On the neighbor's porch
(b) At the movie house
(c) In front of the cigar shop
(d) Next to the ravine
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandfather need to press with the dandelions Douglas and his brother collect?
2. What is the dandelion wine used for during the winter?
3. What does mother call the specter of death?
4. How old is Douglas at the beginning of this novel?
5. In what year does this novel begin?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)