|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 37 - 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season is it as the novel opens?
2. Where is Father after Tom returns home with Grandfather?
(a) Sitting on the porch
(b) Lodge meeting
(c) In bed
(d) Looking for Douglas
3. What does Douglas question about his friends?
(a) Why they do not want to spend time with him
(b) How they will spend the summer
(c) When they will come to a new sense of being
(d) Why they seem more alive
4. What does Leo believe the Happiness Machine will quell?
(a) Demons of human existence
5. What does Tom do as Douglas is contemplating his thoughts about the Thing?
(a) Steals his bucket full of fruit
(b) Knocks over his bucket full of fruit
(c) Runs away and calls for Douglas to chase him
(d) Jumps on him for a fight
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandfather need to press with the dandelions Douglas and his brother collect?
2. Where do Douglas, his grandfather and brother meet Leo?
3. Which of the following words means about the same thing as the word distilled as it is used in the following sentence? The distilled brew will serve the family well.
4. What does Leo believe machines end up being used for?
5. How many parts does Douglas decide to keep track of his summer in?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)