|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 37 - 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leo believe the Happiness Machine will quell?
(c) Demons of human existence
2. What is Tom relieved by when they return home?
(a) Mother's cooking
(b) The ice cream he purchased
(c) Douglas' sweat
(d) The sound of his father returning
3. How much does Grandfather pay the boys for the dandelions they collect?
(a) 1 cent per dandelion
(b) 5 cents per bag
(c) 10 cents per bag
(d) 25 cents per bag
4. What does Tom say would not belong in a Happiness Machine?
(c) The lonely one
(d) Ravine at night
5. How many parts does Douglas decide to keep track of his summer in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words means about the same thing as the word distilled as it is used in the following sentence? The distilled brew will serve the family well.
2. What does Leo have a difficult time resolving the dynamics between?
3. In what year does this novel begin?
4. What is mother doing while Tom sits by the front door screen?
5. In what state does this novel take place?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)