|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 26 - 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is considered Douglas and Tom's first rite of the summer?
(a) Going on a picnic in the forest
(b) Eating wild strawberries
(c) Picking fox grapes
(d) Collecting dandelions
2. Where do Douglas, his grandfather and brother meet Leo?
(a) Next to the ravine
(b) On the neighbor's porch
(c) At the movie house
(d) In front of the cigar shop
3. How much more money does Douglas need to buy the new sneakers himself?
(a) Twenty-five cents
(b) Fifty cents
(c) One dollar
(d) One dollar and ten cents
4. What does Leo believe machines end up being used for?
(a) Angry purposes
(d) Destructive purposes
5. What does Douglas suggest they should build?
(a) Cigar cutter
(b) New wine press
(c) Happiness machine
(d) Grape and wine picking machine
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit of Tom's gives Douglas an idea?
2. What does Douglas question about his friends?
3. What does Douglas use to begin to appreciate his surroundings?
4. How much does Grandfather pay the boys for the dandelions they collect?
5. Which of the following words means about the same thing as the word distilled as it is used in the following sentence? The distilled brew will serve the family well.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)