|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 26 - 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many parts does Douglas decide to keep track of his summer in?
2. What does Leo believe machines end up being used for?
(c) Destructive purposes
(d) Angry purposes
3. How much more money does Douglas need to buy the new sneakers himself?
(a) One dollar and ten cents
(b) Fifty cents
(c) Twenty-five cents
(d) One dollar
4. What does Douglas suggest they should build?
(a) Cigar cutter
(b) New wine press
(c) Happiness machine
(d) Grape and wine picking machine
5. Why does Douglas' sense of excitement become lackluster when he is with his friends?
(a) They make fun of his shoes
(b) He likes their shoes more than his own
(c) No one tlaks to him
(d) He cannot keep up with them
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms is an antonym for the term jubilant?
2. Where do many of the women work and chat on the summer nights?
3. What does Tom do as Douglas is contemplating his thoughts about the Thing?
4. What rite does Douglas perform on the third day of summer?
5. What does Douglas use to begin to appreciate his surroundings?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)