|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 26 - 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms is an antonym for the term jubilant?
2. Why does Douglas' sense of excitement become lackluster when he is with his friends?
(a) They make fun of his shoes
(b) He cannot keep up with them
(c) He likes their shoes more than his own
(d) No one tlaks to him
3. Which of the following is not something Leo Auffmann is known for?
(b) Movie projectionist
(d) Cigar shop owner
4. Where do the men and boys gather on many of the summer nights?
5. What season is it as the novel opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters believes that a sandwich outdoors tastes different from indoors?
2. In what state does this novel take place?
3. What does Grandfather need to press with the dandelions Douglas and his brother collect?
4. What does Douglas' father speak about the wonders of?
5. What does Douglas use to begin to appreciate his surroundings?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)