|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 26 - 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much more money does Douglas need to buy the new sneakers himself?
(a) Twenty-five cents
(b) One dollar and ten cents
(c) Fifty cents
(d) One dollar
2. What does Tom do as Douglas is contemplating his thoughts about the Thing?
(a) Steals his bucket full of fruit
(b) Knocks over his bucket full of fruit
(c) Jumps on him for a fight
(d) Runs away and calls for Douglas to chase him
3. What does Douglas' father speak about the wonders of?
4. What rite does Douglas perform on the third day of summer?
(a) Going for a nightly stroll
(b) Remounting the porch swing
(c) Buying a cigar at the cigar shop
(d) Building a happiness machine
5. In what state does this novel take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Douglas spend the night with his grandparents?
2. What does Leo believe machines end up being used for?
3. Where do the men and boys gather on many of the summer nights?
4. What does Douglas suggest they should build?
5. Where do Douglas, his grandfather and brother meet Leo?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)