|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 26 - 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rite does Douglas perform on the third day of summer?
(a) Remounting the porch swing
(b) Building a happiness machine
(c) Buying a cigar at the cigar shop
(d) Going for a nightly stroll
2. Where do Douglas, his grandfather and brother meet Leo?
(a) On the neighbor's porch
(b) At the movie house
(c) In front of the cigar shop
(d) Next to the ravine
3. What divides Green Town into two?
(c) Railroad tracks
4. Which of the following is not something Leo Auffmann is known for?
(c) Cigar shop owner
(d) Movie projectionist
5. What does Grandfather need to press with the dandelions Douglas and his brother collect?
(a) Wild strawberries
(b) Fresh rainwater
(c) Mint leaves
(d) Fox grapes
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms is an antonym for the term jubilant?
2. What does Douglas use to begin to appreciate his surroundings?
3. Where do the men and boys gather on many of the summer nights?
4. In what state does this novel take place?
5. How much does Grandfather pay the boys for the dandelions they collect?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)