|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 26 - 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Leo Auffmann is known for?
(b) Movie projectionist
(d) Cigar shop owner
2. What does Leo have a difficult time resolving the dynamics between?
(a) Nature and Man
(b) Man and Woman
(c) Night and day
(d) Man and machine
3. Which of the following words means about the same thing as the word distilled as it is used in the following sentence?
The distilled brew will serve the family well.
4. How many parts does Douglas decide to keep track of his summer in?
5. What rite does Douglas perform on the third day of summer?
(a) Remounting the porch swing
(b) Going for a nightly stroll
(c) Building a happiness machine
(d) Buying a cigar at the cigar shop
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Douglas, his grandfather and brother meet Leo?
2. What does Tom do as Douglas is contemplating his thoughts about the Thing?
3. What does Douglas offer to do to make up for the money he is short so that he will still be able to get the shoes?
4. How much does Grandfather pay the boys for the dandelions they collect?
5. What does Douglas find contentment in on Grandfather's porch?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)