|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 26 - 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which category of his summer did Douglas decide remounting the porch swing with his grandfather fell into?
(c) New Discoveries
2. What divides Green Town into two?
(c) Railroad tracks
3. What does Douglas find contentment in on Grandfather's porch?
(a) Adults' presence and chatter
(b) Sounds of the crickets
(c) Catching lightning bugs
(d) Brother's love
4. What does Leo have a difficult time resolving the dynamics between?
(a) Man and machine
(b) Man and Woman
(c) Night and day
(d) Nature and Man
5. How much more money does Douglas need to buy the new sneakers himself?
(a) One dollar and ten cents
(b) Fifty cents
(c) Twenty-five cents
(d) One dollar
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglas use to begin to appreciate his surroundings?
2. What did Douglas want his father to buy him after they went to a movie?
3. What does Douglas offer to do to make up for the money he is short so that he will still be able to get the shoes?
4. What does Douglas' father speak about the wonders of?
5. Where do Douglas, his grandfather and brother meet Leo?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)