|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 26 - 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What divides Green Town into two?
(c) Railroad tracks
2. Which of the following words means about the same thing as the word distilled as it is used in the following sentence?
The distilled brew will serve the family well.
3. What does Douglas question about his friends?
(a) Why they do not want to spend time with him
(b) Why they seem more alive
(c) When they will come to a new sense of being
(d) How they will spend the summer
4. How much does Grandfather pay the boys for the dandelions they collect?
(a) 10 cents per bag
(b) 1 cent per dandelion
(c) 5 cents per bag
(d) 25 cents per bag
5. What is considered Douglas and Tom's first rite of the summer?
(a) Picking fox grapes
(b) Eating wild strawberries
(c) Going on a picnic in the forest
(d) Collecting dandelions
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglas' father speak about the wonders of?
2. What does Douglas believe will happen if he gets new sneakers?
3. In what state does this novel take place?
4. What season is it as the novel opens?
5. Which category of his summer did Douglas decide remounting the porch swing with his grandfather fell into?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)