|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 26 - 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglas question about his friends?
(a) When they will come to a new sense of being
(b) How they will spend the summer
(c) Why they seem more alive
(d) Why they do not want to spend time with him
2. What does Leo believe machines end up being used for?
(a) Angry purposes
(d) Destructive purposes
3. What does Douglas' father speak about the wonders of?
4. How many parts does Douglas decide to keep track of his summer in?
5. What rite does Douglas perform on the third day of summer?
(a) Remounting the porch swing
(b) Building a happiness machine
(c) Going for a nightly stroll
(d) Buying a cigar at the cigar shop
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglas use to begin to appreciate his surroundings?
2. What divides Green Town into two?
3. Where does Douglas go with his brother Tom and his Father?
4. What season is it as the novel opens?
5. How often does Douglas spend the night with his grandparents?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)