|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 140 - 154.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does Helen tell Bill she will be dead soon?
2. Which of the following did Lena not see when she was in the Happiness Machine?
(a) Smell of perfume
(b) Sounds of music
(c) Life without Leo
(d) Images of Europe
3. Where do Douglas, his grandfather and brother meet Leo?
(a) Next to the ravine
(b) On the neighbor's porch
(c) In front of the cigar shop
(d) At the movie house
4. Why does Helen invite Bill to her house the next day?
(a) Because she owes him money
(b) She wants him to bring Douglas
(c) To continue the conversation
(d) He has a picture of hers to return
5. What is mother doing while Tom sits by the front door screen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Douglas' sense of excitement become lackluster when he is with his friends?
2. In what year does this novel begin?
3. How does Douglas feel about the trolley being retired?
4. What does Helen Bentley purchase for a group of children?
5. What event helps to resolve the differences between Clara and Elmira?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)