|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 80 - 96.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters did the Green Machine run over?
2. What does Douglas suggest they should build?
(a) Grape and wine picking machine
(b) Cigar cutter
(c) Happiness machine
(d) New wine press
3. What does Douglas believe will happen if he gets new sneakers?
(a) They will keep his senses alive
(b) They will make him faster
(c) They will make him popular
(d) They will help him get more dandelions
4. What happens to Leo after he enters the kitchen and announces he finished the plans for the Happiness Machine?
(a) Storms out of the house
5. Which of the following words means about the same thing as the word distilled as it is used in the following sentence?
The distilled brew will serve the family well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is considered Douglas and Tom's first rite of the summer?
2. What season is it as the novel opens?
3. Which of the following characters first tried the machine after Leo announced it was finished?
4. What is mother doing while Tom sits by the front door screen?
5. How old was Helen in the picture that she shows to the children?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)