|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 37 - 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lena feel about the idea of the Happiness Machine?
2. What does Douglas offer to do to make up for the money he is short so that he will still be able to get the shoes?
(a) Advertises with his friends about the shoes
(b) Runs errands
(c) Cleans the store
(d) Collects dandelions
3. What does Douglas use to begin to appreciate his surroundings?
(a) Father's words
(c) Flavors of mint and pinesap
(d) Tom's adventure
4. Which category of his summer did Douglas decide remounting the porch swing with his grandfather fell into?
(b) New Discoveries
5. Why does Mother grow anxious when Tom returns from the store?
(a) Father is not home yet
(b) Douglas is not home yet
(c) The Lonely One is around
(d) She believes she forgot to unplug the iron
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglas' father speak about the wonders of?
2. What season is it as the novel opens?
3. Where do many of the women work and chat on the summer nights?
4. Why does Douglas' sense of excitement become lackluster when he is with his friends?
5. Where do Douglas, his grandfather and brother meet Leo?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)