|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 188 - 204.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Charlie say the Lonely One grew up?
(a) Ice house
(c) Drug store
(d) Railroad tracks
2. Where does the trolley conductor take the boys on the last day the trolley is to run?
(b) Trolley station
(c) Regular stop
3. What does Douglas test John on in the hopes that John will remember Douglas for a long time?
(a) Eye color
(b) Favorite food
(c) Best memory they shared
(d) Type of sneaker
4. What rite does Douglas perform on the third day of summer?
(a) Remounting the porch swing
(b) Building a happiness machine
(c) Buying a cigar at the cigar shop
(d) Going for a nightly stroll
5. What does Leo believe the Happiness Machine will quell?
(a) Demons of human existence
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Colonel Freeleigh call?
2. Who watches Douglas write in his tablet?
3. Where do Douglas, his grandfather and brother meet Leo?
4. What do Leo and Lena argue about?
5. Which of the following characters is the conductor of the trolley?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)