|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 48 - 63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglas use to begin to appreciate his surroundings?
(a) Tom's adventure
(b) Father's words
(c) Flavors of mint and pinesap
2. Why does Mother grow anxious when Tom returns from the store?
(a) Douglas is not home yet
(b) She believes she forgot to unplug the iron
(c) Father is not home yet
(d) The Lonely One is around
3. Why does Douglas' sense of excitement become lackluster when he is with his friends?
(a) He cannot keep up with them
(b) No one tlaks to him
(c) He likes their shoes more than his own
(d) They make fun of his shoes
4. What does Mother send Tom to purchase?
(b) Ice cream
(c) Iced tea
5. In what state does this novel take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Douglas spend the night with his grandparents?
2. What divides Green Town into two?
3. Which of the following did Lena not see when she was in the Happiness Machine?
4. What does Douglas' father speak about the wonders of?
5. What do Leo and Lena argue about?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)