|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 48 - 63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglas offer to do to make up for the money he is short so that he will still be able to get the shoes?
(a) Runs errands
(b) Advertises with his friends about the shoes
(c) Collects dandelions
(d) Cleans the store
2. What does Leo deduce that he himself has been?
(a) Relieved of a huge burdeon
(c) At his happiest
(d) Great inventor
3. Which of the following characters first tried the machine after Leo announced it was finished?
4. Why does Mother grow anxious when Tom returns from the store?
(a) She believes she forgot to unplug the iron
(b) The Lonely One is around
(c) Father is not home yet
(d) Douglas is not home yet
5. What happens when Leo tries the machine himself?
(a) It catches on fire
(b) It reduces him to tears
(c) It explodes
(d) It works perfectly
Short Answer Questions
1. What rite does Douglas perform on the third day of summer?
2. What divides Green Town into two?
3. Which of the following words would Douglas use to describe Green Town?
4. What does Tom do as Douglas is contemplating his thoughts about the Thing?
5. What makes Lena furious about the time Leo spent working on the Happiness Machine?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)