|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 48 - 63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Grandfather pay the boys for the dandelions they collect?
(a) 1 cent per dandelion
(b) 10 cents per bag
(c) 25 cents per bag
(d) 5 cents per bag
2. What does Leo believe machines end up being used for?
(b) Angry purposes
(d) Destructive purposes
3. How does Tom feel as he and his mother approach the ravine?
4. What does Douglas offer to do to make up for the money he is short so that he will still be able to get the shoes?
(a) Cleans the store
(b) Runs errands
(c) Advertises with his friends about the shoes
(d) Collects dandelions
5. Why does Mother grow anxious when Tom returns from the store?
(a) Father is not home yet
(b) She believes she forgot to unplug the iron
(c) The Lonely One is around
(d) Douglas is not home yet
Short Answer Questions
1. What summer first does Grandfather look forward to and relish?
2. What does Leo have a difficult time resolving the dynamics between?
3. Which of the following characters first tried the machine after Leo announced it was finished?
4. What does Douglas' father speak about the wonders of?
5. Where does Douglas go while Grandfather takes Tom home?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)