|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 48 - 63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters first tried the machine after Leo announced it was finished?
2. What rite does Douglas perform on the third day of summer?
(a) Remounting the porch swing
(b) Building a happiness machine
(c) Going for a nightly stroll
(d) Buying a cigar at the cigar shop
3. Which of the following words means about the same thing as the word distilled as it is used in the following sentence?
The distilled brew will serve the family well.
4. Which of the following terms is an antonym for the term jubilant?
5. Where does Douglas go with his brother Tom and his Father?
(a) Junk yard
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lena feel about the idea of the Happiness Machine?
2. What happens to Leo after he enters the kitchen and announces he finished the plans for the Happiness Machine?
3. Which of the following did Lena not see when she was in the Happiness Machine?
4. What does Douglas use to begin to appreciate his surroundings?
5. What does Tom do as Douglas is contemplating his thoughts about the Thing?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)