|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 48 - 63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words would Douglas use to describe Green Town?
2. What summer first does Grandfather look forward to and relish?
(a) Making dandelion wine
(b) The smell of flowers and the sounds of birds
(c) Big family breakfasts
(d) Waking to the sound of a lawn mower
3. How does Lena feel about the idea of the Happiness Machine?
4. What does Douglas question about his friends?
(a) How they will spend the summer
(b) When they will come to a new sense of being
(c) Why they seem more alive
(d) Why they do not want to spend time with him
5. In what year does this novel begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit of Tom's gives Douglas an idea?
2. How many parts does Douglas decide to keep track of his summer in?
3. What does Leo deduce that he himself has been?
4. What does Bill Forrester plan on doing that bothers Grandfather greatly?
5. What is the dandelion wine used for during the winter?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)