|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 48 - 63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Douglas go with his brother Tom and his Father?
(c) Junk yard
2. What does Tom do as Douglas is contemplating his thoughts about the Thing?
(a) Knocks over his bucket full of fruit
(b) Jumps on him for a fight
(c) Runs away and calls for Douglas to chase him
(d) Steals his bucket full of fruit
3. Why does Douglas' sense of excitement become lackluster when he is with his friends?
(a) They make fun of his shoes
(b) No one tlaks to him
(c) He likes their shoes more than his own
(d) He cannot keep up with them
4. What does Tom say would not belong in a Happiness Machine?
(a) Ravine at night
(d) The lonely one
5. What did Douglas want his father to buy him after they went to a movie?
(a) Ice cream cone
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters believes that a sandwich outdoors tastes different from indoors?
2. Which of the following are the major themes of this section?
3. What summer first does Grandfather look forward to and relish?
4. How often does Douglas spend the night with his grandparents?
5. What rite does Douglas perform on the third day of summer?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)