|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 48 - 63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Leo tries the machine himself?
(a) It reduces him to tears
(b) It catches on fire
(c) It explodes
(d) It works perfectly
2. Why does Douglas' sense of excitement become lackluster when he is with his friends?
(a) They make fun of his shoes
(b) No one tlaks to him
(c) He likes their shoes more than his own
(d) He cannot keep up with them
3. Which of the following are the major themes of this section?
(a) Perseverence and friendship
(b) Relief and happiness
(c) Life and death
(d) Death and fear
4. What happens to Leo after he enters the kitchen and announces he finished the plans for the Happiness Machine?
(b) Storms out of the house
5. What rite does Douglas perform on the third day of summer?
(a) Going for a nightly stroll
(b) Building a happiness machine
(c) Buying a cigar at the cigar shop
(d) Remounting the porch swing
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Douglas, his grandfather and brother meet Leo?
2. Where do the men and boys gather on many of the summer nights?
3. How does Lena feel about the idea of the Happiness Machine?
4. How much does Grandfather pay the boys for the dandelions they collect?
5. What do Leo and Lena argue about?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)