|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 48 - 63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters first tried the machine after Leo announced it was finished?
2. Where is Father after Tom returns home with Grandfather?
(a) In bed
(b) Looking for Douglas
(c) Lodge meeting
(d) Sitting on the porch
3. What does the Happiness Machine actually result in?
4. Where do many of the women work and chat on the summer nights?
5. What does Bill Forrester plan on doing that bothers Grandfather greatly?
(a) Plant trees blocking Grandfather's view of the property
(b) Hire Douglas to cut his grass
(c) Move out of the town
(d) Replace his grass with some that does not need to be mowed
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words means about the same thing as the word distilled as it is used in the following sentence? The distilled brew will serve the family well.
2. How much does Grandfather pay the boys for the dandelions they collect?
3. How does Lena feel about the idea of the Happiness Machine?
4. Which of the following characters believes that a sandwich outdoors tastes different from indoors?
5. In what state does this novel take place?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)