|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 48 - 63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill Forrester plan on doing that bothers Grandfather greatly?
(a) Replace his grass with some that does not need to be mowed
(b) Plant trees blocking Grandfather's view of the property
(c) Move out of the town
(d) Hire Douglas to cut his grass
2. Which of the following did Lena not see when she was in the Happiness Machine?
(a) Images of Europe
(b) Sounds of music
(c) Smell of perfume
(d) Life without Leo
3. Which of the following characters first tried the machine after Leo announced it was finished?
4. How many parts does Douglas decide to keep track of his summer in?
5. What does Leo have a difficult time resolving the dynamics between?
(a) Man and Woman
(b) Man and machine
(c) Nature and Man
(d) Night and day
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Father after Tom returns home with Grandfather?
2. What does Leo believe machines end up being used for?
3. What is Tom relieved by when they return home?
4. How many days does Leo spend working on the Happiness Machine?
5. In what year does this novel begin?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)