Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 188 - 204.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Black do to try and fix the wax tarot witch machine?
(a) Opens the back with a screwdriver
(b) Thumps on it
(c) Unplugs it and plugs it back in
(d) Puts in a penny
2. What does the time machine turn out to be?
(a) A cardboard box
(b) An elderly person
(c) A library
(d) A movie theater
3. What does Tom say would not belong in a Happiness Machine?
(a) Ravine at night
(d) The lonely one
4. How does the nurse hope to prevent Colonel Freeleigh from making any more phone calls?
(a) Hides his wheelchair
(b) Unplugs the phone
(c) Gives him a sedative
(d) Has long distance calls blocked
5. What summer first does Grandfather look forward to and relish?
(a) Making dandelion wine
(b) Big family breakfasts
(c) The smell of flowers and the sounds of birds
(d) Waking to the sound of a lawn mower
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglas find contentment in on Grandfather's porch?
2. Which of the following terms is an antonym for the term jubilant?
3. Who takes the phone away from Colonel Freeleigh?
4. What do Miss Fern and Miss Roberta hide?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Douglas' mood when Lavina and Francine passed him?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)