|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 113 - 128.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglas suggest he and Tom own together?
(a) Green Machine
(b) Gold mine
(c) Happiness Machine
(d) Ice cream shop
2. What event helps to resolve the differences between Clara and Elmira?
(a) Special brew
(b) Fall down the stairs
(d) Election to the president
3. What does Tom represent according to Elmira as she takes him with her to the lodge?
4. What does Clara pretend she is to annoy Elmira?
5. Which of the following words means about the same thing as the word distilled as it is used in the following sentence?
The distilled brew will serve the family well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mother grow anxious when Tom returns from the store?
2. Which of the following characters is the conductor of the trolley?
3. Which of the following terms best describes the relationship between Elmira Brown and Clara Goodwater?
4. How old was Helen in the picture that she shows to the children?
5. Who does Douglas go hiking with?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)