|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 113 - 128.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does mother call the specter of death?
(b) Grim Reaper
(c) Lonely One
2. How does the children's disbelief make Helen feel?
3. Why can't any of the children or towsnpeople remember a young Mrs. Bentley?
(a) She is older than everyone else
(b) She was never young
(c) It was too long ago
(d) She is new to town
4. What types of books does Sam Brown say that Clara Goodwater ordered?
(a) Ones on witchcraft
(b) Ones on WWI
(c) Ones of a sexual nature
(d) Ones on traveling
5. What event helps to resolve the differences between Clara and Elmira?
(a) Fall down the stairs
(b) Special brew
(d) Election to the president
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of her body did Elmira Brown injure just before her husband returned home?
2. What does Clara pretend she is to annoy Elmira?
3. What does Mrs. Bentley feel was stolen away by the children not believing that she was once young and pretty?
4. Which of the following terms best describes the relationship between Elmira Brown and Clara Goodwater?
5. Which of the following are the major themes of this section?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)