|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 113 - 128.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglas suggest he and Tom own together?
(a) Green Machine
(b) Happiness Machine
(c) Gold mine
(d) Ice cream shop
2. How does Tom feel as he and his mother approach the ravine?
3. What is mother doing while Tom sits by the front door screen?
4. What is considered Douglas and Tom's first rite of the summer?
(a) Eating wild strawberries
(b) Picking fox grapes
(c) Going on a picnic in the forest
(d) Collecting dandelions
5. Where is Father after Tom returns home with Grandfather?
(a) In bed
(b) Looking for Douglas
(c) Sitting on the porch
(d) Lodge meeting
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the trolley conductor take the boys on the last day the trolley is to run?
2. Why does Douglas' sense of excitement become lackluster when he is with his friends?
3. Which of the following words means about the same thing as the word distilled as it is used in the following sentence? The distilled brew will serve the family well.
4. What does Tom say would not belong in a Happiness Machine?
5. What does Helen Bentley purchase for a group of children?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)