|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 113 - 128.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words means about the same thing as the word distilled as it is used in the following sentence?
The distilled brew will serve the family well.
2. What does Leo believe the Happiness Machine will quell?
(d) Demons of human existence
3. Why can't any of the children or towsnpeople remember a young Mrs. Bentley?
(a) She was never young
(b) It was too long ago
(c) She is older than everyone else
(d) She is new to town
4. What does Helen do with most of her possessions after deciding to live only in the present?
(a) Sells them at a sale
(b) Puts them on the porch
(c) Burns them
(d) Throws them in the trash
5. What position does Clara Goodwater hold?
(a) Newspaper editor
(c) President of the Ladies Lodge
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the children's disbelief make Helen feel?
2. Where does the trolley conductor take the boys on the last day the trolley is to run?
3. What does Tom represent according to Elmira as she takes him with her to the lodge?
4. How does the special brew make Elmira feel?
5. What does Clara pretend she is to annoy Elmira?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)