|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 113 - 128.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event helps to resolve the differences between Clara and Elmira?
(a) Fall down the stairs
(c) Election to the president
(d) Special brew
2. Where is Father after Tom returns home with Grandfather?
(a) Sitting on the porch
(b) Lodge meeting
(c) In bed
(d) Looking for Douglas
3. What does Leo believe the Happiness Machine will quell?
(d) Demons of human existence
4. What summer ritual do Douglas and Tom take part in?
(a) Eating ice cream
(b) Beating the rugs clean
(c) Going to the movies
(d) Mowing the lawn
5. What does Elmira carry with her to the election day at the lodge?
(a) Wooden stake
(c) Holy water
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom relieved by when they return home?
2. What does Helen do with most of her possessions after deciding to live only in the present?
3. What does Clara pretend she is to annoy Elmira?
4. How old was Helen in the picture that she shows to the children?
5. What does Grandfather need to press with the dandelions Douglas and his brother collect?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)