|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 113 - 128.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes the relationship between Elmira Brown and Clara Goodwater?
2. What is mother doing while Tom sits by the front door screen?
3. What does Douglas like to think of John as?
4. How much more money does Douglas need to buy the new sneakers himself?
(a) Twenty-five cents
(b) One dollar and ten cents
(c) Fifty cents
(d) One dollar
5. What is it about Helen Bentley that the children do not believe?
(a) That she was once young
(b) That she can be mean
(c) That she dislikes summer
(d) That she is rich
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the special brew make Elmira feel?
2. What does Leo believe the Happiness Machine will quell?
3. What color is associated with the trolley?
4. What does Tom represent according to Elmira as she takes him with her to the lodge?
5. How much does Grandfather pay the boys for the dandelions they collect?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)