|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 113 - 128.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglas suggest he and Tom own together?
(a) Gold mine
(b) Happiness Machine
(c) Green Machine
(d) Ice cream shop
2. What did Douglas want his father to buy him after they went to a movie?
(b) Ice cream cone
3. How much more money does Douglas need to buy the new sneakers himself?
(a) One dollar
(b) One dollar and ten cents
(c) Twenty-five cents
(d) Fifty cents
4. Why does Douglas' sense of excitement become lackluster when he is with his friends?
(a) They make fun of his shoes
(b) He cannot keep up with them
(c) No one tlaks to him
(d) He likes their shoes more than his own
5. What are jackstones?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words means about the same thing as the word distilled as it is used in the following sentence? The distilled brew will serve the family well.
2. What does Mrs. Bentley feel was stolen away by the children not believing that she was once young and pretty?
3. Which of the following is one of Elmira's major faults?
4. Why does Mother grow anxious when Tom returns from the store?
5. What does Elmira carry with her to the election day at the lodge?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)