Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the recruiter of which Gerry Evans learns as he writes his name?
2. What does Maggie forget at the end of the play?
3. Which of the sisters would care that Austin Morgan is getting married?
4. When does Uncle Jack return to celebrating Mass?
5. What does Uncle Jack think is good about the multiple-wife system?
Essay Topic 1
Rose is described as "simple," yet she is the one who informs the family about goings-on in the village and in the world around them. How do you imagine that she gets this information, and what does it tell you about her and the way the family views her? Use examples from the play to explore Rose's character. Do her sisters understand her? Does she understand them? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze what it means to you that young Michael's kites have faces that are cruel and grinning, and that they are not able to fly. Why do you think the playwright put this element into his play? What do these kites tell you about young Michael's feelings toward the women in his family? Toward life in general?
Essay Topic 3
The boy Michael compares his parents' silent dancing together to a ritual ceremony like a wedding, and says that after Gerry Evans leaves, his mother grieves as a bride would grieve. Compare and contrast the relationship between Gerry Evans and Chris with a real marriage.
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)