|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michael say his kites haven't flown?
(a) The kites aren't finished.
(b) The kites need tails.
(c) Not enough wind.
(d) The area is too crowded with trees.
2. What does Maggie say she would choose if she had to select either a plump old widower or one Wild Woodbine?
(c) The Wild Woodbine.
(d) The plump old widower.
3. What happened to Rose's pet rooster?
(a) It died mysteriously.
(b) Maggie killed it.
(c) Rose killed it.
(d) The fox killed it.
4. What does Michael say is found in dancing?
(a) Strong and unrecognized feelings.
(b) The heart of life and all its hopes.
(c) Unity and community.
(d) Untapped emotions.
5. How many children does Gerry Evans have besides Michael?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Gerry Evans in the tree in Act 2?
2. How long does it take Michael to find Agnes and Rose?
3. How does Chris feel about her job?
4. What do Agnes and Rose agree to do next Sunday?
5. What has Michael painted on the kites?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Maggie forget to count when she is calculating people they must feed for dinner?
2. When Uncle Jack hears wedding bells, he asks if it is one of his sisters who is getting married. Who is actually marrying?
3. Why might Agnes have believed Rose could not get work in the factory?
4. What does Uncle Jack reveal about his ministry in Ryanga when Kate asks if the people gather together for Mass?
5. What significance can we attach to Uncle Jack's declaration that he is cold all the time?
6. What significance do you make of the fact that the recruiter who enlists Gerry Evans in the war effort is, unnoticed by Gerry Evans until after he is writing his name, a midget?
7. Maggie asks Michael a riddle about the apples on a tree. What might those apples symbolize?
8. Where did Gerry Evans sign up for military service, and why is that location significant?
9. How did Michael behave as his father, Gerry Evans, had done?
10. What does Uncle Jack reveal about his ministry in Ryanga when Maggie asks if the people there gathered in his church for ceremonies?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)