|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work do Rose and Agnes do after they leave Ballybeg?
(a) Rose and Agnes never find work.
(b) Rose and Agnes work as cleaning women.
(c) Rose and Agnes knit for private companies.
(d) Rose and Agnes start a laundry service.
2. What does Rose wear that is unusual for berry picking?
(a) Her Sunday shoes.
(b) Her house apron.
(c) Her wraparound dress.
(d) Her wellingtons.
3. What does Kate say the radio has done to the country?
(a) Encouraged rowdiness.
(b) Killed Christian conversation.
(c) Helped people have fun.
(d) Destroyed family togetherness.
4. What is the first step in swapping possessions in Uncle Jack's village in Uganda?
(a) Put your possession on the ground and step away from it.
(b) Present your possession to a third party.
(c) Hand your possession to the recipient.
(d) Fling your possession in the air.
5. Where does Gerry Evans sign up to join the Spanish army?
(a) In a park.
(b) In a Catholic church.
(c) In a home.
(d) In a department store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does the recruiter for the Spanish army speak?
2. Where are Agnes and Rose when Michael finds them?
3. When does Uncle Jack die?
4. What does Michael say haunts his memory of the thirties?
5. Why does Rose laugh at Agnes while they are picking berries?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)