|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael say language surrenders to in music?
2. When does Michael get a letter from another Michael Evans?
(a) In the mid-forties.
(b) In 1960.
(c) In the mid-thirties.
(d) In the mid-fifties.
3. When does Chris say Michael always vanishes?
(a) When it's bedtime.
(b) When it's dinnertime.
(c) When there's work to be done.
(d) When it's time to feed the chickens.
4. Why does Maggie claim that Michael owes her money?
(a) She had loaned him money to make his kites.
(b) She had given him money to buy himself a treat.
(c) She had bet him his kites wouldn't fly.
(d) She had given him money to buy her a cigarette.
5. What does Maggie say she would choose if she had to select either a plump old widower or one Wild Woodbine?
(a) The plump old widower.
(d) The Wild Woodbine.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Gerry Evans stop visiting the Mundys?
2. What are the hand knitters in Ballybeg going to do?
3. What does dancing become in Michael's memory?
4. How does Maggie lighten the mood about the lack of food in the house?
5. What language does the recruiter for the Spanish army speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Uncle Jack reveal about his relationship to Okawa when he speaks about his time in Uganda?
2. Maggie asks Michael a riddle about the apples on a tree. What might those apples symbolize?
3. The recruiter tells Gerry Evans that he is invaluable to the brigade because he is a master at disguising himself. How does this revelation relate to the false impression he has given to Gerry Evans?
4. How did Michael behave as his father, Gerry Evans, had done?
5. Why might Agnes have believed Rose could not get work in the factory?
6. What has Rose forgotten when she comes home from her meeting with Danny Bradley?
7. What does Uncle Jack reveal about his ministry in Ryanga when Maggie asks if the people there gathered in his church for ceremonies?
8. How does the Industrial Revolution affect the lives of the Mundy sisters?
9. Where did Gerry Evans sign up for military service, and why is that location significant?
10. Why does Gerry Evans decide to go to war in a foreign country?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)