|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Agnes and Rose agree to do next Sunday?
(a) Go to church.
(b) Fix Sunday dinner.
(c) Pick berries.
(d) Invite Gerry Evans for a dance.
2. What does Michael say is found in dancing?
(a) Strong and unrecognized feelings.
(b) Unity and community.
(c) Untapped emotions.
(d) The heart of life and all its hopes.
3. Why does Gerry Evans say he is going to Spain?
(a) It's somewhere to go.
(b) To fight for democracy.
(c) To earn a living for his family.
(d) To fight to preserve the union.
4. When does Uncle Jack die?
(a) On the eve of La Lughansa the year after his return.
(b) Within a month of his homecoming.
(c) On the eve of La Lughansa the month he returned.
(d) On the evening of his return home.
5. What does Michael say language surrenders to in music?
Short Answer Questions
1. What bad news does Chris have from Vera McLaughlin?
2. How does Chris feel about her job?
3. What does Chris do when Gerry Evans dances with Agnes and Maggie?
4. What has Michael painted on the kites?
5. What does Uncle Jack think is good about the multiple-wife system?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gerry Evans decide to go to war in a foreign country?
2. How does the Industrial Revolution affect the lives of the Mundy sisters?
3. How does Rose describe her encounter with Danny Bradley?
4. Which of the sisters understands the politics of the Spanish Civil War?
5. The recruiter tells Gerry Evans that he is invaluable to the brigade because he is a master at disguising himself. How does this revelation relate to the false impression he has given to Gerry Evans?
6. What does Uncle Jack reveal about his ministry in Ryanga when Kate asks if the people gather together for Mass?
7. Why might Agnes have believed Rose could not get work in the factory?
8. What has Rose forgotten when she comes home from her meeting with Danny Bradley?
9. What is it that Kate asks Uncle Jack to promise?
10. How does Rose trick Agnes and get away from her?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)