|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What popular song does Gerry Evans dance to with the sisters in Act 2?
(a) String of Pearls.
(b) Pennsylvania 6-5000.
(c) Dancing in the Dark.
(d) Anything Goes.
2. Where does Gerry Evans sign up to join the Spanish army?
(a) In a park.
(b) In a department store.
(c) In a Catholic church.
(d) In a home.
3. How many eggs does Maggie have to feed the people over for dinner in Act 2?
4. Why does Kate think Agnes and Rose did not apply to work in the knitting factory?
(a) Agnes was too notionate to work in a factory.
(b) The sisters had no transportation to the factory.
(c) The sisters could not read the instructions.
(d) The sisters were not in robust health.
5. What is the first step in swapping possessions in Uncle Jack's village in Uganda?
(a) Hand your possession to the recipient.
(b) Present your possession to a third party.
(c) Put your possession on the ground and step away from it.
(d) Fling your possession in the air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie think Michael should do instead of write?
2. Who does Uncle Jack say brought a woman back from the dead?
3. What word does Kate use to describe Michael?
4. Where are Agnes and Rose when Michael finds them?
5. How old is Michael when he receives the letter from the other Michael Evans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Uncle Jack reveal about his relationship to Okawa when he speaks about his time in Uganda?
2. How does Uncle Jack reveal that the Ryangans have not been converted to Christianity by his efforts?
3. What is it that Kate asks Uncle Jack to promise?
4. Who does Maggie forget to count when she is calculating people they must feed for dinner?
5. How does Maggie make a joke of the small amount of food they have?
6. The recruiter tells Gerry Evans that he is invaluable to the brigade because he is a master at disguising himself. How does this revelation relate to the false impression he has given to Gerry Evans?
7. How does the Industrial Revolution affect the lives of the Mundy sisters?
8. What has Rose forgotten when she comes home from her meeting with Danny Bradley?
9. What do you make of the kites as a symbol or metaphor, and of the fact that they wouldn't fly?
10. What phrase did Kate hit upon that comforted her as she tried to understand Uncle Jack's changed attitude toward life since his stay in Ryanda?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)