|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Michael when he receives the letter from the other Michael Evans?
2. What does Gerry Evans think Agnes should do for a living?
(b) Be a dressmaker.
(c) Knit gloves.
(d) Teach dance.
3. What language does the recruiter for the Spanish army speak?
(a) Spanish, from Spain.
(b) Gaelic, from Ireland.
(c) English, from Armagh.
(d) Italian, from Europe.
4. Which of the sisters would care that Austin Morgan is getting married?
5. What does Kate say the radio has done to the country?
(a) Killed Christian conversation.
(b) Destroyed family togetherness.
(c) Encouraged rowdiness.
(d) Helped people have fun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie think Michael should do instead of write?
2. Which sister is dead when Michael finds them?
3. When does Michael get a letter from another Michael Evans?
4. How does Chris earn her living after Uncle Jack dies?
5. Why does Michael say the characters dance with their eyes half closed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Ryangan harvest festival described by Uncle Jack similar to the festival of Lughansa?
2. How does the Industrial Revolution affect the lives of the Mundy sisters?
3. What is it that Kate asks Uncle Jack to promise?
4. How does Maggie make a joke of the small amount of food they have?
5. The recruiter tells Gerry Evans that he is invaluable to the brigade because he is a master at disguising himself. How does this revelation relate to the false impression he has given to Gerry Evans?
6. What has changed about Rose's appearance when she comes home from her meeting with Danny Bradley?
7. What is Michael writing to ask Santa Claus to bring, and why is the gift he wants significant?
8. Where did Gerry Evans sign up for military service, and why is that location significant?
9. Who does Maggie forget to count when she is calculating people they must feed for dinner?
10. What significance can we attach to Uncle Jack's declaration that he is cold all the time?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)