|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does dancing become in Michael's memory?
(a) A lost art.
(b) A wordless ceremony.
(c) A daydream.
(d) A form of exercise.
2. What word does Kate use to describe Michael?
3. What does Gerry Evans say they need to check if the aerial is all right but the radio still won't work?
(a) The battery.
(b) The ignition.
(c) The dials.
(d) The electric cord.
4. How many children does Gerry Evans have besides Michael?
5. What does Chris do when Gerry Evans dances with Agnes and Maggie?
(a) Makes up her own dance.
(b) Sings along with the radio.
(c) Joins in the dance.
(d) Turns the radio off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Vera McLaughlin work in the new factory?
2. When does Uncle Jack die?
3. In Act 2, what does Maggie think Agnes should do to make a living?
4. Where does the other Michael Evans live?
5. What work does Kate find after leaving her teaching job?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Industrial Revolution affect the lives of the Mundy sisters?
2. How does Rose trick Agnes and get away from her?
3. What does it tell you about Gerry Evans that he says he will check the ignition and sparking plugs of the radio?
4. What news does Rose bring her family about the boy who was burned during the Lughnasa fires?
5. Why did Kate believe Agnes could not work in a factory?
6. The recruiter tells Gerry Evans that he is invaluable to the brigade because he is a master at disguising himself. How does this revelation relate to the false impression he has given to Gerry Evans?
7. What does Uncle Jack reveal about his ministry in Ryanga when Maggie asks if the people there gathered in his church for ceremonies?
8. Who does Maggie forget to count when she is calculating people they must feed for dinner?
9. How does Rose describe her encounter with Danny Bradley?
10. Why might Agnes have believed Rose could not get work in the factory?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)