|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kate think Agnes and Rose did not apply to work in the knitting factory?
(a) The sisters could not read the instructions.
(b) The sisters were not in robust health.
(c) Agnes was too notionate to work in a factory.
(d) The sisters had no transportation to the factory.
2. Why does Michael leave the family home when he is old enough?
(a) He gets a job that takes him away.
(b) He is the last one left in the home.
(c) He has to travel for an education.
(d) The spirit and fun is gone.
3. What is the result of Gerry Evans' war injury?
(a) He is paralyzed.
(b) He is unable to dance.
(c) He is unable to work.
(d) He is unable to walk.
4. What does Gerry Evans have that Chris and Rose doesn't know about?
(a) A fortune.
(b) A baronial estate.
(c) A wife and family.
(d) A secret illness.
5. When does Gerry Evans stop visiting the Mundys?
(a) Before 1939.
(b) In 1936.
(c) During World War II.
(d) After 1950.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work does Kate find after leaving her teaching job?
2. What does Chris want Gerry Evans to do for the family?
3. What do Agnes and Rose tell the family not to do?
4. When does Uncle Jack return to celebrating Mass?
5. How does Uncle Jack feel about multiple wives for one husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gerry Evans decide to go to war in a foreign country?
2. What has changed about Rose's appearance when she comes home from her meeting with Danny Bradley?
3. How did Michael behave as his father, Gerry Evans, had done?
4. What do you make of the kites as a symbol or metaphor, and of the fact that they wouldn't fly?
5. How does Rose describe her encounter with Danny Bradley?
6. How does the Industrial Revolution affect the lives of the Mundy sisters?
7. Why might Agnes have believed Rose could not get work in the factory?
8. Where did Gerry Evans sign up for military service, and why is that location significant?
9. What is it that Kate asks Uncle Jack to promise?
10. How does Rose trick Agnes and get away from her?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)