|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the sisters would care that Austin Morgan is getting married?
2. Who is Gerry Evans imitating when he leaves Ballybeg?
(a) Gene Kelly.
(b) Fred Astaire.
(c) Uncle Jack.
(d) Michael Jackson.
3. What does dancing become in Michael's memory?
(a) A lost art.
(b) A wordless ceremony.
(c) A form of exercise.
(d) A daydream.
4. Who does Rose share her picnic with?
(a) Austin Morgan.
(b) Brian McGuinness.
(c) Gerry Evans.
(d) Danny Bradley.
5. What word does Kate use to describe Michael?
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Gerry Evans love to play?
2. Who does Uncle Jack say brought a woman back from the dead?
3. Why is Gerry Evans in the tree in Act 2?
4. What household task does Maggie take from Agnes during Lughnasa?
5. What phrase comforts Kate when she thinks of Uncle Jack's pagan worship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has changed about Rose's appearance when she comes home from her meeting with Danny Bradley?
2. What phrase did Kate hit upon that comforted her as she tried to understand Uncle Jack's changed attitude toward life since his stay in Ryanda?
3. Maggie asks Michael a riddle about the apples on a tree. What might those apples symbolize?
4. How does Rose trick Agnes and get away from her?
5. When Uncle Jack hears wedding bells, he asks if it is one of his sisters who is getting married. Who is actually marrying?
6. How does Uncle Jack reveal that the Ryangans have not been converted to Christianity by his efforts?
7. What significance do you make of the fact that the recruiter who enlists Gerry Evans in the war effort is, unnoticed by Gerry Evans until after he is writing his name, a midget?
8. There are important facts about the Spanish Civil War that Gerry Evans does not understand. One is that the Popular Front represents a Fascist, rather than a Republican, government. The other is that the Popular Front is anti-Catholic. How is this ignorance on his part ironic?
9. What is Michael writing to ask Santa Claus to bring, and why is the gift he wants significant?
10. What does Uncle Jack reveal about his relationship to Okawa when he speaks about his time in Uganda?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)