|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Rose's pet rooster?
(a) It died mysteriously.
(b) Maggie killed it.
(c) Rose killed it.
(d) The fox killed it.
2. What does Michael say language surrenders to in music?
3. What does Chris think is wrong with the radio?
(a) It's improperly wired.
(b) It's broken.
(c) It's possessed.
(d) It's old.
4. What are the hand knitters in Ballybeg going to do?
(a) Go on public assistance.
(b) March to protest the new factory.
(c) Train for different work.
(d) Ride the bus to work in the factory in Donegal.
5. What does Gerry Evans think Agnes should do for a living?
(a) Knit gloves.
(b) Teach dance.
(c) Be a dressmaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael think Agnes and Rose did not apply to work in the knitting factory?
2. What does Maggie say she would choose if she had to select either a plump old widower or one Wild Woodbine?
3. Who does Uncle Jack worship during Mass in Uganda?
4. When Uncle Jack speaks of Uganda, what does he call it?
5. Why does Michael say the characters dance with their eyes half closed?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)