|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerry Evans say they need to check if the aerial is all right but the radio still won't work?
(a) The electric cord.
(b) The dials.
(c) The ignition.
(d) The battery.
2. What does Rose say happened to the boy who was burned at the Lughnasa festival?
(a) He died.
(b) He will be crippled.
(c) He's recovering.
(d) He will be paralyzed.
3. Why can't Vera McLaughlin work in the new factory?
(a) She's too old.
(b) She doesn't see well enough.
(c) She's too slow.
(d) She's too young.
4. How old is Michael when he receives the letter from the other Michael Evans?
5. What work do Rose and Agnes do after they leave Ballybeg?
(a) Rose and Agnes work as cleaning women.
(b) Rose and Agnes knit for private companies.
(c) Rose and Agnes start a laundry service.
(d) Rose and Agnes never find work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie forget at the end of the play?
2. What does Gerry Evans offer Chris during each annual visit?
3. What does dancing become in Michael's memory?
4. What is the result of Gerry Evans' war injury?
5. Who does Uncle Jack say brought a woman back from the dead?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)