|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maggie say she would choose if she had to select either a plump old widower or one Wild Woodbine?
(a) The plump old widower.
(c) The Wild Woodbine.
2. What does Gerry Evans say they need to check if the aerial is all right but the radio still won't work?
(a) The ignition.
(b) The dials.
(c) The battery.
(d) The electric cord.
3. What is the first step in swapping possessions in Uncle Jack's village in Uganda?
(a) Fling your possession in the air.
(b) Present your possession to a third party.
(c) Hand your possession to the recipient.
(d) Put your possession on the ground and step away from it.
4. Who does Rose share her picnic with?
(a) Danny Bradley.
(b) Austin Morgan.
(c) Brian McGuinness.
(d) Gerry Evans.
5. When Uncle Jack speaks of Uganda, what does he call it?
(b) The community.
(d) The colony.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chris earn her living after Uncle Jack dies?
2. How many people are at the house for dinner in Act 2?
3. Which sister is dead when Michael finds them?
4. What does Gerry Evans promise Michael during each annual visit?
5. Which of the sisters would care that Austin Morgan is getting married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Uncle Jack reveal about his relationship to Okawa when he speaks about his time in Uganda?
2. How does Maggie make a joke of the small amount of food they have?
3. What is it that Kate asks Uncle Jack to promise?
4. Where did Gerry Evans sign up for military service, and why is that location significant?
5. What news does Rose bring her family about the boy who was burned during the Lughnasa fires?
6. What significance do you make of the fact that the recruiter who enlists Gerry Evans in the war effort is, unnoticed by Gerry Evans until after he is writing his name, a midget?
7. How does Uncle Jack reveal that the Ryangans have not been converted to Christianity by his efforts?
8. What has changed about Rose's appearance when she comes home from her meeting with Danny Bradley?
9. How does the Industrial Revolution affect the lives of the Mundy sisters?
10. What does Uncle Jack reveal about his ministry in Ryanga when Maggie asks if the people there gathered in his church for ceremonies?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)