|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Uncle Jack been gone?
(a) Twenty-five years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two years.
2. How does Jack feel about the Ballybeg climate?
(a) It's a relief.
(b) It's hot.
(c) It's cold.
(d) It's perfect.
3. How long does Gerry Evans think he's been away?
(a) A year.
(b) Thirteen months.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) Six months.
4. What does Maggie call Michael?
5. What does Gerry Evans want Chris to do?
(a) Tell Michael about him.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Run away with him.
(d) Go to the harvest dance with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kate object to going to the harvest dance?
2. How many pairs of gloves must the sisters produce this week?
3. Why do Maggie and Chris object to Rose seeing Danny Bradley?
4. What animals does Maggie feed?
5. Where has Uncle Jack been when the story opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maggie release for Michael to see?
2. How does Kate explain Uncle Jack's strange behavior?
3. When Irish music comes from the radio, which of the sisters begins to dance first, and in what mood does she dance?
4. Why do you think the opening tableau shows Uncle Jack in his "resplendent" uniform, which is out of place in the play's action?
5. How has Chris brought shame upon the Mundy family?
6. What reasons does Kate use for refusing to go to the harvest dance?
7. What does Maggie mean when she tells Michael that someday he's going to fill some woman's life with happiness?
8. What does Maggie notice about the pack of cigarettes Kate brought her, and why is it significant?
9. What is the difference between the way Kate dances and the dance of the other sisters?
10. For what is the fox in the hen house a metaphor?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)