|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what disease does Uncle Jack suffer?
(c) Dengue fever.
2. How does Jack feel about the Ballybeg climate?
(a) It's hot.
(b) It's cold.
(c) It's perfect.
(d) It's a relief.
3. What dance do Bernie O'Donnell and Maggie compete in?
(a) The jitterbug.
(b) The waltz.
(c) The polka.
(d) The Military Two-step.
4. How soon does Kate predict Gerry Evans will come back?
(a) In a month.
(c) In a week.
(d) In a year.
5. Whose arrival throws the Mundy household into turmoil?
(b) Uncle Jack.
(c) Gerry Evans.
(d) Bernie O'Donnell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Michael building in the yard?
2. Why does Rose dance in wellingtons?
3. Why do the sisters stop dancing?
4. What does Maggie admire about Brian McGuinness?
5. What does Danny Bradley call Rose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chris wear during the sisters' dancing that upsets Kate?
2. When Irish music comes from the radio, which of the sisters begins to dance first, and in what mood does she dance?
3. What does Maggie recollect about Bernie?
4. What does Agnes mean when she asks Chris, "Do you want to make a pagan of yourself?"
5. Why do you think the playwright chose to have adult Michael speak the lines of child Michael instead of having two actors?
6. How has Chris brought shame upon the Mundy family?
7. What does Maggie release for Michael to see?
8. What significance does Austin Morgan have in this story?
9. From what does Kate struggle to protect her home when they joke about naming the radio?
10. We as readers are told that Rose is "simple." How does the playwright make that clear to the audience?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)