|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dance do Bernie O'Donnell and Maggie compete in?
(a) The polka.
(b) The waltz.
(c) The Military Two-step.
(d) The jitterbug.
2. How does Jack feel about the Ballybeg climate?
(a) It's cold.
(b) It's hot.
(c) It's a relief.
(d) It's perfect.
3. Which of the sisters dances alone?
4. Why does Maggie worry when Michael can't be seen?
(a) He could go into town.
(b) He could go to the old well.
(c) He could go to the back hills.
(d) He could go to the woods.
5. What animals does Maggie feed?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what disease does Uncle Jack suffer?
2. In what year does Dancing at Lughnasa take place?
3. Why do Maggie and Chris object to Rose seeing Danny Bradley?
4. What does Kate say is the only thing Gerry Evans does well?
5. Why does Chris refuse Gerry Evans' offer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Chris call Danny Bradley a bastard?
2. What is Maggie's reaction to hearing that her old friend Bernie O'Donnell is in town, and why does she react this way?
3. What does Maggie release for Michael to see?
4. How does Kate feel about Michael, and how can you tell?
5. How has Chris brought shame upon the Mundy family?
6. What does Maggie notice about the pack of cigarettes Kate brought her, and why is it significant?
7. What does Chris wear during the sisters' dancing that upsets Kate?
8. How does Kate explain Uncle Jack's strange behavior?
9. From what does Kate struggle to protect her home when they joke about naming the radio?
10. What is significant about the names Nora and Nina that Bernie O'Donnell gave to her twin daughters?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)