|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kate ask God to forgive her?
(a) For poisoning the atmosphere in the house.
(b) For judging her sisters.
(c) For refusing to dance.
(d) For calling Gerry Evans a bastard.
2. How do the sisters feel about Uncle Jack while he is in the leper colony?
(a) He is a hero and a saint to them.
(b) He is cut off from them.
(c) He is a mystery to them.
(d) He is a shame and a disgrace to them.
3. What is Kate determined to do this winter?
(a) Start riding the horse to town.
(b) Save enough money to buy a car.
(c) Fix up the old bicycle and learn to ride it.
(d) Take the bus to town.
4. What gift does Danny Bradley give Rose for Christmas?
(a) A live rose.
(b) A silver rose.
(c) A live fish.
(d) A silver fish.
5. What does Kate call the people who live in the back hills?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first proposes that the sisters go to the harvest dance?
2. How old Is Uncle Jack?
3. What infuriates Kate about Gerry Evans?
4. How old is Michael when this story takes place?
5. Who is the joker of the Mundy family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chris wear during the sisters' dancing that upsets Kate?
2. What does Agnes mean when she asks Chris, "Do you want to make a pagan of yourself?"
3. How far do the Mundys live from the rest of the village, and what significance is there in that distance?
4. Why do you think the playwright chose to have adult Michael speak the lines of child Michael instead of having two actors?
5. After Agnes blows Michael a kiss, she says it was the wrong thing to do. Why would it be the wrong thing to do?
6. How has Uncle Jack brought status to the Mundy family?
7. What significance does Austin Morgan have in this story?
8. For what is the fox in the hen house a metaphor?
9. How does Kate explain Uncle Jack's strange behavior?
10. What do you think Michael means when he talks of a widening breach between what seemed to be and what was?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)