|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language has Uncle Jack been speaking for twenty-five years?
2. Why does Kate ask God to forgive her?
(a) For calling Gerry Evans a bastard.
(b) For refusing to dance.
(c) For poisoning the atmosphere in the house.
(d) For judging her sisters.
3. What medication does Uncle Jack take?
4. How does Chris heat the iron for their clothes?
(a) On the radiator.
(b) On the hearth.
(c) In the fireplace.
(d) In the stove.
5. What dance do Bernie O'Donnell and Maggie compete in?
(a) The jitterbug.
(b) The polka.
(c) The Military Two-step.
(d) The waltz.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maggie think Gerry Evans looks?
2. What does the Mundy family use as fuel for the stove?
3. Which of the sisters is the most graceful dancer?
4. What is the first thing the Mundys listen to on the radio?
5. How old is Michael when this story takes place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think Michael means when he talks of a widening breach between what seemed to be and what was?
2. We as readers are told that Rose is "simple." How does the playwright make that clear to the audience?
3. How has Chris brought shame upon the Mundy family?
4. How does Kate explain Uncle Jack's strange behavior?
5. What does Chris wear during the sisters' dancing that upsets Kate?
6. What is Maggie's reaction to hearing that her old friend Bernie O'Donnell is in town, and why does she react this way?
7. From what does Kate struggle to protect her home when they joke about naming the radio?
8. How has Uncle Jack brought status to the Mundy family?
9. What is the difference between the way Kate dances and the dance of the other sisters?
10. For what is the fox in the hen house a metaphor?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)