|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Sweeney boy at Lughnasa?
(a) He was sent home for being too young.
(b) He was burned in effigy.
(c) He caught fire.
(d) He was ridiculed.
2. What does Maggie like to ask Michael?
(a) Plots of stories he's read.
(d) Personal questions.
3. How does Maggie think Gerry Evans looks?
4. What is the population of Balleybeg looking forward to?
(a) The harvest potluck.
(b) The harvest dance.
(c) The harvest picnic.
(d) The harvest parade.
5. How long has Uncle Jack been gone?
(a) Twenty-five years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the sisters is first to stop work and dance to the radio music?
2. Where is Gerry Evans going?
3. What is Kate's nickname at school?
4. How do the sisters feel about Uncle Jack while he is in the leper colony?
5. What does Gerry's customer take from him the day before yesterday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kate become angry when Rose repeats the idea that twins are a double blessing?
2. How far do the Mundys live from the rest of the village, and what significance is there in that distance?
3. Why do you think the playwright chose to have adult Michael speak the lines of child Michael instead of having two actors?
4. What does Maggie recollect about Bernie?
5. What is the difference between the way Kate dances and the dance of the other sisters?
6. How does Kate explain Uncle Jack's strange behavior?
7. What does Maggie mean when she tells Michael that someday he's going to fill some woman's life with happiness?
8. What do you think Michael means when he talks of a widening breach between what seemed to be and what was?
9. What does Agnes mean when she asks Chris, "Do you want to make a pagan of yourself?"
10. How has Uncle Jack brought status to the Mundy family?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)