|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shame does Chris bring on the family years before?
(a) She has married a Briton.
(b) She has Michael out of wedlock.
(c) She has fought for the British.
(d) She has stolen food for the family.
2. How long does Gerry Evans think he's been away?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Thirteen months.
(c) Six months.
(d) A year.
3. Who is Okawa?
(a) Uncle Jack's houseboy in Uganda.
(b) Uncle Jack's pet name for Michael.
(c) Uncle Jack's imaginary friend.
(d) Uncle Jack's name in Uganda.
4. Who is the joker of the Mundy family?
5. From what disease does Uncle Jack suffer?
(b) Dengue fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Michael when this story takes place?
2. What does Danny Bradley call Rose?
3. How many pairs of gloves must the sisters produce this week?
4. What does Chris do that Kate thinks sacrilegious?
5. Why does Kate ask God to forgive her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What significance does Austin Morgan have in this story?
2. The song Maggie sings says that if the Irish don't vote for De Valera, they'll be like Gandhi and his goat. What does this mean?
3. What is significant about the names Nora and Nina that Bernie O'Donnell gave to her twin daughters?
4. What does Maggie mean when she tells Michael that someday he's going to fill some woman's life with happiness?
5. When Irish music comes from the radio, which of the sisters begins to dance first, and in what mood does she dance?
6. What does Maggie notice about the pack of cigarettes Kate brought her, and why is it significant?
7. What does Maggie release for Michael to see?
8. What does Chris wear during the sisters' dancing that upsets Kate?
9. Why do you think young Michael felt unease rather than amusement or joy when his mother and aunts danced?
10. What does Maggie recollect about Bernie?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)