|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pairs of gloves must the sisters produce this week?
(a) Two dozen.
(c) One dozen.
2. Which of the sisters is first to stop work and dance to the radio music?
3. What is Kate determined to do this winter?
(a) Take the bus to town.
(b) Save enough money to buy a car.
(c) Start riding the horse to town.
(d) Fix up the old bicycle and learn to ride it.
4. Why don't the Mundys speak of Uncle Jack when he is a chaplain for the British army?
(a) Kate is in the War of Independence against Britain.
(b) They don't know where he was.
(c) They are angry with him.
(d) They are afraid of endangering Uncle Jack.
5. What does Kate bring Chris from town because she is "far too pale?"
(c) Cod-liver oil.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Uncle Jack been gone?
2. From what disease does Uncle Jack suffer?
3. How old Is Uncle Jack?
4. What is the name of the village where the Mundys live?
5. What does the Mundy family use as fuel for the stove?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maggie release for Michael to see?
2. What does Maggie notice about the pack of cigarettes Kate brought her, and why is it significant?
3. From what does Kate struggle to protect her home when they joke about naming the radio?
4. What significance does Austin Morgan have in this story?
5. Why does Chris call Danny Bradley a bastard?
6. What does Maggie recollect about Bernie?
7. Why do you think the parish priest doesn't want to look Kate in the eye since Uncle Jack came home?
8. After Agnes blows Michael a kiss, she says it was the wrong thing to do. Why would it be the wrong thing to do?
9. The song Maggie sings says that if the Irish don't vote for De Valera, they'll be like Gandhi and his goat. What does this mean?
10. How has Chris brought shame upon the Mundy family?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)