|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what disease does Uncle Jack suffer?
(a) Dengue fever.
2. How does Kate think children should be named?
(a) With the names of Celtic gods and goddesses.
(b) With the names of grandparents.
(c) With the names of movie stars.
(d) With the names of Catholic saints.
3. What is Kate determined to do this winter?
(a) Start riding the horse to town.
(b) Save enough money to buy a car.
(c) Fix up the old bicycle and learn to ride it.
(d) Take the bus to town.
4. What is the name of the village where the Mundys live?
5. Why does Rose dance in wellingtons?
(a) Her other shoes are for Sunday.
(b) The wellingtons are more comfortable.
(c) She can't get the wellingtons off.
(d) She has no other shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michael scare Maggie?
2. What do the back hills people do to celebrate Lughnasa?
3. What is the "double blessing" Bernie O'Donnell has?
4. Who first proposes that the sisters go to the harvest dance?
5. What language has Uncle Jack been speaking for twenty-five years?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Maggie forget to count when she is calculating people they must feed for dinner?
2. How does Maggie make a joke of the small amount of food they have?
3. How has Chris brought shame upon the Mundy family?
4. How far do the Mundys live from the rest of the village, and what significance is there in that distance?
5. What does Maggie mean when she tells Michael that someday he's going to fill some woman's life with happiness?
6. What does Maggie notice about the pack of cigarettes Kate brought her, and why is it significant?
7. After Agnes blows Michael a kiss, she says it was the wrong thing to do. Why would it be the wrong thing to do?
8. What does Uncle Jack reveal about his ministry in Ryanga when Maggie asks if the people there gathered in his church for ceremonies?
9. What is significant about the names Nora and Nina that Bernie O'Donnell gave to her twin daughters?
10. Where did Gerry Evans sign up for military service, and why is that location significant?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)