|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people of Ballylbeg plan for Jack?
(a) A fundraiser.
(b) A bonfire.
(c) A public welcome.
(d) A birthday party.
2. In what year does Dancing at Lughnasa take place?
3. What does Gerry's customer take from him the day before yesterday?
(a) Four Bibles.
(b) Four encyclopedias.
(c) Four gramophones.
(d) Four brochures.
4. How long has Uncle Jack been gone?
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Twenty-five years.
(d) Twenty years.
5. What does Maggie admire about Brian McGuinness?
(a) His white hands and long eyelashes.
(b) His military bearing.
(c) His straight nose and muscular shoulders.
(d) His blue eyes and curly hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kate's nickname at school?
2. Which of the sisters dances alone?
3. How do the sisters feel about Uncle Jack while he is in the leper colony?
4. What does Maggie call Michael?
5. Why do Maggie and Chris object to Rose seeing Danny Bradley?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kate explain Uncle Jack's strange behavior?
2. What is the difference between the way Kate dances and the dance of the other sisters?
3. We as readers are told that Rose is "simple." How does the playwright make that clear to the audience?
4. What does Maggie notice about the pack of cigarettes Kate brought her, and why is it significant?
5. What does Chris wear during the sisters' dancing that upsets Kate?
6. When Irish music comes from the radio, which of the sisters begins to dance first, and in what mood does she dance?
7. How far do the Mundys live from the rest of the village, and what significance is there in that distance?
8. What significance does Austin Morgan have in this story?
9. How does Kate feel about Michael, and how can you tell?
10. For what is the fox in the hen house a metaphor?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)