|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Mundy sisters name their radio?
2. What does the storekeeper say the Mundys go through faster than anyone in Ballybeg?
(a) Chicken feed.
(d) Corn meal.
3. How long has Uncle Jack been gone?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Twenty-five years.
(d) Two years.
4. What does Chris want Michael to believe about his father?
(a) That he is handsome.
(b) That he is trustworthy.
(c) That he is honorable.
(d) That he is responsible.
5. How long does Gerry Evans think he's been away?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Thirteen months.
(c) A year.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the parish priest tell Kate she may lose her teaching job?
2. What medication does Uncle Jack take?
3. What does Gerry Evans see at the Mundy house that he says is a bad omen?
4. What does the Mundy family use as fuel for the stove?
5. What is Kate determined to do this winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think Michael means when he talks of a widening breach between what seemed to be and what was?
2. When Irish music comes from the radio, which of the sisters begins to dance first, and in what mood does she dance?
3. Why do you think the parish priest doesn't want to look Kate in the eye since Uncle Jack came home?
4. Why do you think Rose can describe the Festival of Lughnasa to her sisters?
5. From what does Kate struggle to protect her home when they joke about naming the radio?
6. For what is the fox in the hen house a metaphor?
7. After Agnes blows Michael a kiss, she says it was the wrong thing to do. Why would it be the wrong thing to do?
8. What reasons does Kate use for refusing to go to the harvest dance?
9. Why does Chris call Danny Bradley a bastard?
10. How does Kate explain Uncle Jack's strange behavior?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)