|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Gerry Evans going?
(a) To Italy.
(b) To France.
(c) To England.
(d) To Spain.
2. What medication does Uncle Jack take?
3. Who is Lugh?
(a) The sister who is cognitively impaired.
(b) The Celtic god of harvest.
(c) The mother of the Mundy family.
(d) The neighbor who helps the Mundy family.
4. Why does Maggie worry when Michael can't be seen?
(a) He could go into town.
(b) He could go to the back hills.
(c) He could go to the woods.
(d) He could go to the old well.
5. Which of the sisters is first to stop work and dance to the radio music?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerry Evans want Chris to do?
2. Why is Michael disappointed in Uncle Jack?
3. Why doesn't Gerry Evans bring Michael a bicycle?
4. What does Gerry Evans see on the way to the Mundy house that he thinks is a good omen?
5. What does Chris want Michael to believe about his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think the opening tableau shows Uncle Jack in his "resplendent" uniform, which is out of place in the play's action?
2. Why do you think the playwright chose to have adult Michael speak the lines of child Michael instead of having two actors?
3. We as readers are told that Rose is "simple." How does the playwright make that clear to the audience?
4. How does Kate explain Uncle Jack's strange behavior?
5. Why do you think the parish priest doesn't want to look Kate in the eye since Uncle Jack came home?
6. What is Maggie's reaction to hearing that her old friend Bernie O'Donnell is in town, and why does she react this way?
7. Why do you think young Michael felt unease rather than amusement or joy when his mother and aunts danced?
8. After Agnes blows Michael a kiss, she says it was the wrong thing to do. Why would it be the wrong thing to do?
9. Why does Chris call Danny Bradley a bastard?
10. What does Chris wear during the sisters' dancing that upsets Kate?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)