|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chris do when Gerry Evans dances with Agnes and Maggie?
(a) Makes up her own dance.
(b) Sings along with the radio.
(c) Turns the radio off.
(d) Joins in the dance.
2. When does Gerry Evans stop visiting the Mundys?
(a) Before 1939.
(b) During World War II.
(c) In 1936.
(d) After 1950.
3. How does Chris feel about her job?
(a) She is grateful for every minute of it.
(b) She loves every minute of it.
(c) She hates every minute of it.
(d) She is bored by every minute of it.
4. How long does it take Michael to find Agnes and Rose?
(a) All week.
(b) Two months.
(c) A year.
(d) Twenty-five years.
5. What does Maggie think Michael should do instead of write?
(a) Run around outside.
(c) Fly his kites.
6. What does Uncle Jack promise he'll do soon?
(a) Go to the harvest festival.
(b) Walk four times a day.
(c) Teach a class on Ugandan customs.
(d) Say Mass in the house.
7. What is Michael writing to ask from Santa Claus?
(a) A kite.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A radio.
(d) A bell.
8. Why does Michael leave the family home when he is old enough?
(a) He has to travel for an education.
(b) The spirit and fun is gone.
(c) He gets a job that takes him away.
(d) He is the last one left in the home.
9. When Uncle Jack speaks of Uganda, what does he call it?
(a) The community.
(d) The colony.
10. Who does Rose share her picnic with?
(a) Gerry Evans.
(b) Austin Morgan.
(c) Brian McGuinness.
(d) Danny Bradley.
11. In Act 2, what does Maggie think Agnes should do to make a living?
(a) Start a dressmaking business.
(b) Travel to Dublin and look for work.
(c) Gather turf to sell.
(d) Go to work in the glove factory.
12. How many children does Gerry Evans have besides Michael?
13. Why does Rose laugh at Agnes while they are picking berries?
(a) Agnes makes faces at her.
(b) Agnes gets wet in the stream.
(c) Agnes tells her a joke.
(d) Agnes falls into the bushes.
14. Why is Kate offended at Uncle Jack's talk of multiple wives?
(a) Their mother would not have approved.
(b) The neighbors would not approve.
(c) The pope would not approve.
(d) The parish priest would not approve.
15. What does Michael say is found in dancing?
(a) Untapped emotions.
(b) Strong and unrecognized feelings.
(c) Unity and community.
(d) The heart of life and all its hopes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maggie claim that Michael owes her money?
2. What word does Kate use to describe Michael?
3. Why can't Vera McLaughlin work in the new factory?
4. Where does Gerry Evans hide when Agnes comes back from picking blackberries?
5. What language does the recruiter for the Spanish army speak?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)