|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Michael painted on the kites?
(a) Cruel, garish faces.
(b) White roosters.
(c) Forest animals.
(d) Sunny, happy faces.
2. What does Kate say the radio has done to the country?
(a) Killed Christian conversation.
(b) Helped people have fun.
(c) Destroyed family togetherness.
(d) Encouraged rowdiness.
3. What does Gerry Evans think Agnes should do for a living?
(a) Knit gloves.
(c) Teach dance.
(d) Be a dressmaker.
4. What does Maggie forget at the end of the play?
(a) The recipe for Eggs Ballybeg.
(b) The steps to a dance.
(c) The words to a song.
(d) The answer to a riddle.
5. When does Uncle Jack return to celebrating Mass?
(a) On Christmas Eve.
(c) The following Monday, as he promised.
(d) The following Sunday, as he promised.
6. Who does Uncle Jack say brought a woman back from the dead?
(a) God, the Father.
(b) A medicine man.
(c) The Holy Ghost.
(d) The parish priest.
7. What does Michael say haunts his memory of the thirties?
(a) The music.
(b) The personalities of his aunts.
(c) The country atmosphere.
(d) The love of his mother.
8. When does Gerry Evans stop visiting the Mundys?
(a) Before 1939.
(b) In 1936.
(c) During World War II.
(d) After 1950.
9. Why does Rose laugh at Agnes while they are picking berries?
(a) Agnes makes faces at her.
(b) Agnes falls into the bushes.
(c) Agnes gets wet in the stream.
(d) Agnes tells her a joke.
10. What role does Gerry Evans love to play?
(a) Fast-talking salesman.
(b) Returning hero.
(d) Disabled war veteran.
11. What does Chris want Gerry Evans to do for the family?
(a) Fix the radio.
(b) Write to them from Spain.
(c) Dance with the sisters.
(d) Move in with them.
12. To whom does Maggie compare herself when she dances?
(a) Ann Miller.
(b) Shirley Temple.
(c) Mae West.
(d) Cyd Charisse.
13. How long has Rose been gone when the sisters realize she is missing?
(a) Three hours.
(b) All day.
(c) All week.
(d) Three days.
14. What phrase comforts Kate when she thinks of Uncle Jack's pagan worship?
(a) "His own distinctive spiritual search."
(b) "His own ecumenical understanding."
(c) "His own way of looking at the world."
(d) "His way of bringing the world together."
15. Which of the sisters would care that Austin Morgan is getting married?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Uncle Jack worship during Mass in Uganda?
2. What does Uncle Jack remember the children had with scones but never with soda bread?
3. Why does Kate object to Gerry Evans going to Spain?
4. What bad news does Chris have from Vera McLaughlin?
5. What does Gerry Evans offer Chris during each annual visit?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)