|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gerry Evans imitating when he leaves Ballybeg?
(a) Fred Astaire.
(b) Uncle Jack.
(c) Gene Kelly.
(d) Michael Jackson.
2. How many husbands does Uncle Jack say he could provide the sisters in Ryanga?
(a) More than one husband for each of them.
(b) One husband for four of them.
(c) One husband for all five of them.
(d) One husband for each of them.
3. When does Chris say Michael always vanishes?
(a) When it's time to feed the chickens.
(b) When it's dinnertime.
(c) When it's bedtime.
(d) When there's work to be done.
4. What is the result of Gerry Evans' war injury?
(a) He is unable to walk.
(b) He is paralyzed.
(c) He is unable to dance.
(d) He is unable to work.
5. When does Gerry Evans stop visiting the Mundys?
(a) In 1936.
(b) During World War II.
(c) After 1950.
(d) Before 1939.
6. What does Michael say is found in dancing?
(a) Unity and community.
(b) Strong and unrecognized feelings.
(c) Untapped emotions.
(d) The heart of life and all its hopes.
7. What does Chris want Gerry Evans to do for the family?
(a) Move in with them.
(b) Fix the radio.
(c) Dance with the sisters.
(d) Write to them from Spain.
8. What is Michael writing to ask from Santa Claus?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A kite.
(c) A bell.
(d) A radio.
9. What is unusual about the recruiter of which Gerry Evans learns as he writes his name?
(a) The recruiter has only one leg.
(b) The recruiter is blind.
(c) The recruiter is a midget.
(d) The recruiter is crippled.
10. How does Uncle Jack feel about multiple wives for one husband?
(a) "I'm getting used to it."
(b) "I'm not sure that I'm against it."
(c) "I'm completely in favor of it."
(d) "I'm completely against it."
11. Which sister does Gerry Evans dance with first?
12. What household task does Maggie take from Agnes during Lughnasa?
(c) Feeding the chickens.
13. What does Maggie forget at the end of the play?
(a) The recipe for Eggs Ballybeg.
(b) The answer to a riddle.
(c) The steps to a dance.
(d) The words to a song.
14. How does Chris feel about her job?
(a) She hates every minute of it.
(b) She is bored by every minute of it.
(c) She loves every minute of it.
(d) She is grateful for every minute of it.
15. Which of the sisters takes over to organize the search for Rose?
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase comforts Kate when she thinks of Uncle Jack's pagan worship?
2. Where are Agnes and Rose when Michael finds them?
3. Why does Michael leave the family home when he is old enough?
4. What language does the recruiter for the Spanish army speak?
5. What is the first step in swapping possessions in Uncle Jack's village in Uganda?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)