|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many eggs does Maggie have to feed the people over for dinner in Act 2?
2. When Uncle Jack says "we," to whom does he refer?
(a) The Irish.
(b) The family.
(c) The people in the leper colony.
(d) The British.
3. When Uncle Jack speaks of Uganda, what does he call it?
(c) The colony.
(d) The community.
4. What does Rose wear that is unusual for berry picking?
(a) Her wellingtons.
(b) Her house apron.
(c) Her wraparound dress.
(d) Her Sunday shoes.
5. What work does Kate find after leaving her teaching job?
(a) She works as a dressmaker.
(b) She marries Austin Morgan.
(c) She tutors Austin Morgan's family.
(d) She has to apply at the knitting factory.
6. How does Maggie feel about Michael's kites?
(a) She hates them.
(b) She is amused by them.
(c) She is proud of them.
(d) She loves them.
7. What is the result of Gerry Evans' war injury?
(a) He is unable to work.
(b) He is paralyzed.
(c) He is unable to dance.
(d) He is unable to walk.
8. Why does Maggie claim that Michael owes her money?
(a) She had given him money to buy himself a treat.
(b) She had given him money to buy her a cigarette.
(c) She had loaned him money to make his kites.
(d) She had bet him his kites wouldn't fly.
9. What does Uncle Jack promise he'll do soon?
(a) Teach a class on Ugandan customs.
(b) Walk four times a day.
(c) Say Mass in the house.
(d) Go to the harvest festival.
10. What skill does Gerry Evans have that the army wanted?
(a) He can speak Spanish.
(b) He can ride a motor bike.
(c) He can fire a cannon.
(d) He can make explosives.
11. What do Agnes and Rose tell the family not to do?
(a) "Don't try to find us."
(b) "Don't feel sorry for us."
(c) "Don't wait up for us."
(d) "Don't worry about us."
12. What does Maggie think Michael should do instead of write?
(b) Fly his kites.
(c) Run around outside.
13. Who does Rose share her picnic with?
(a) Gerry Evans.
(b) Austin Morgan.
(c) Brian McGuinness.
(d) Danny Bradley.
14. What does Gerry Evans trade with Uncle Jack?
(d) Walking sticks.
15. What does Rose say happened to the boy who was burned at the Lughnasa festival?
(a) He died.
(b) He will be crippled.
(c) He will be paralyzed.
(d) He's recovering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate say the radio has done to the country?
2. Who is Gerry Evans imitating when he leaves Ballybeg?
3. Why does Rose say she has to leave the berry picking early?
4. How old is Michael when he receives the letter from the other Michael Evans?
5. What is Michael writing to ask from Santa Claus?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)