|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What household task does Maggie take from Agnes during Lughnasa?
(d) Feeding the chickens.
2. What does Rose wear that is unusual for berry picking?
(a) Her wellingtons.
(b) Her house apron.
(c) Her wraparound dress.
(d) Her Sunday shoes.
3. Why does Rose laugh at Agnes while they are picking berries?
(a) Agnes makes faces at her.
(b) Agnes falls into the bushes.
(c) Agnes tells her a joke.
(d) Agnes gets wet in the stream.
4. What does Chris want Gerry Evans to do for the family?
(a) Write to them from Spain.
(b) Dance with the sisters.
(c) Move in with them.
(d) Fix the radio.
5. Who does Uncle Jack worship during Mass in Uganda?
(a) The god of casava.
(b) The god of yams and wine.
(c) Obi, the goddess of the earth.
(d) The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
6. Why does Rose say she has to leave the berry picking early?
(a) She says she has an appointment.
(b) She says she is sleepy.
(c) She says she has to go to town.
(d) She says she is sick.
7. Why does Michael say his kites haven't flown?
(a) The kites need tails.
(b) The kites aren't finished.
(c) The area is too crowded with trees.
(d) Not enough wind.
8. What does Maggie say she would choose if she had to select either a plump old widower or one Wild Woodbine?
(b) The Wild Woodbine.
(d) The plump old widower.
9. What is unusual about the recruiter of which Gerry Evans learns as he writes his name?
(a) The recruiter is a midget.
(b) The recruiter has only one leg.
(c) The recruiter is crippled.
(d) The recruiter is blind.
10. Which sister is dead when Michael finds them?
(a) Both were dead when Michael found them.
(c) Neither was dead when Michael found them.
11. How is Gerry Evans wounded in Spain?
(a) He falls off his motorbike.
(b) He is injured by a grenade.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is disabled by mustard gas.
12. What has Michael painted on the kites?
(a) Cruel, garish faces.
(b) Sunny, happy faces.
(c) Forest animals.
(d) White roosters.
13. Who does Uncle Jack say brought a woman back from the dead?
(a) A medicine man.
(b) The Holy Ghost.
(c) The parish priest.
(d) God, the Father.
14. What does Kate say the radio has done to the country?
(a) Killed Christian conversation.
(b) Destroyed family togetherness.
(c) Encouraged rowdiness.
(d) Helped people have fun.
15. What does Michael say is found in dancing?
(a) The heart of life and all its hopes.
(b) Strong and unrecognized feelings.
(c) Untapped emotions.
(d) Unity and community.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Gerry Evans' war injury?
2. When does Michael get a letter from another Michael Evans?
3. What does Maggie forget at the end of the play?
4. What does Gerry Evans promise Michael during each annual visit?
5. What work do Rose and Agnes do after they leave Ballybeg?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)