|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Agnes and Rose tell the family not to do?
(a) "Don't worry about us."
(b) "Don't feel sorry for us."
(c) "Don't wait up for us."
(d) "Don't try to find us."
2. What does Uncle Jack promise he'll do soon?
(a) Say Mass in the house.
(b) Teach a class on Ugandan customs.
(c) Go to the harvest festival.
(d) Walk four times a day.
3. What work do Rose and Agnes do after they leave Ballybeg?
(a) Rose and Agnes never find work.
(b) Rose and Agnes knit for private companies.
(c) Rose and Agnes start a laundry service.
(d) Rose and Agnes work as cleaning women.
4. What does Chris do when Gerry Evans dances with Agnes and Maggie?
(a) Makes up her own dance.
(b) Sings along with the radio.
(c) Turns the radio off.
(d) Joins in the dance.
5. What bad news does Chris have from Vera McLaughlin?
(a) Vera McLaughlin won't be buying more hand-made gloves.
(b) The sisters will have to pay for their own wool.
(c) Vera McLaughlin is dissatisfied with the sisters' knitting.
(d) Vera McLaughlin won't pay as much for hand-made gloves.
6. What word does Kate use to describe Michael?
7. What does Chris want Gerry Evans to do for the family?
(a) Dance with the sisters.
(b) Fix the radio.
(c) Move in with them.
(d) Write to them from Spain.
8. Why does Kate think Agnes and Rose did not apply to work in the knitting factory?
(a) The sisters were not in robust health.
(b) The sisters could not read the instructions.
(c) Agnes was too notionate to work in a factory.
(d) The sisters had no transportation to the factory.
9. Why does Michael say his kites haven't flown?
(a) Not enough wind.
(b) The kites need tails.
(c) The kites aren't finished.
(d) The area is too crowded with trees.
10. When does Uncle Jack die?
(a) On the eve of La Lughansa the year after his return.
(b) On the evening of his return home.
(c) Within a month of his homecoming.
(d) On the eve of La Lughansa the month he returned.
11. Why does Gerry Evans say he is going to Spain?
(a) To earn a living for his family.
(b) To fight to preserve the union.
(c) To fight for democracy.
(d) It's somewhere to go.
12. In Act 2, what does Maggie think Agnes should do to make a living?
(a) Go to work in the glove factory.
(b) Start a dressmaking business.
(c) Gather turf to sell.
(d) Travel to Dublin and look for work.
13. What does Maggie think Michael should do instead of write?
(a) Run around outside.
(b) Fly his kites.
14. How many eggs does Maggie have to feed the people over for dinner in Act 2?
15. What does Gerry Evans think Agnes should do for a living?
(a) Knit gloves.
(c) Teach dance.
(d) Be a dressmaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose say happened to the boy who was burned at the Lughnasa festival?
2. What does Kate say the radio has done to the country?
3. Who does Rose share her picnic with?
4. Where does Gerry Evans sign up to join the Spanish army?
5. Where are Agnes and Rose when Michael finds them?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)