Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about the recruiter of which Gerry Evans learns as he writes his name?
(a) The recruiter is blind.
(b) The recruiter is a midget.
(c) The recruiter is crippled.
(d) The recruiter has only one leg.
2. What does Maggie forget at the end of the play?
(a) The recipe for Eggs Ballybeg.
(b) The answer to a riddle.
(c) The steps to a dance.
(d) The words to a song.
3. Which of the sisters would care that Austin Morgan is getting married?
4. When does Uncle Jack return to celebrating Mass?
(a) The following Monday, as he promised.
(b) On Christmas Eve.
(d) The following Sunday, as he promised.
5. What does Uncle Jack think is good about the multiple-wife system?
(a) There are more children.
(b) There are no spinsters.
(c) It prevents jealousy and spite.
(d) Everybody helps everybody else.
6. What does Rose wear that is unusual for berry picking?
(a) Her wraparound dress.
(b) Her house apron.
(c) Her Sunday shoes.
(d) Her wellingtons.
7. When does Uncle Jack die?
(a) On the eve of La Lughansa the year after his return.
(b) On the evening of his return home.
(c) On the eve of La Lughansa the month he returned.
(d) Within a month of his homecoming.
8. How does Uncle Jack feel about multiple wives for one husband?
(a) "I'm not sure that I'm against it."
(b) "I'm getting used to it."
(c) "I'm completely in favor of it."
(d) "I'm completely against it."
9. When Uncle Jack says "we," to whom does he refer?
(a) The Irish.
(b) The British.
(c) The family.
(d) The people in the leper colony.
10. Which of the sisters takes over to organize the search for Rose?
11. What does Chris do when Gerry Evans dances with Agnes and Maggie?
(a) Makes up her own dance.
(b) Sings along with the radio.
(c) Joins in the dance.
(d) Turns the radio off.
12. When does Chris say Michael always vanishes?
(a) When it's time to feed the chickens.
(b) When it's bedtime.
(c) When it's dinnertime.
(d) When there's work to be done.
13. How long does it take Michael to find Agnes and Rose?
(a) Two months.
(b) All week.
(c) A year.
(d) Twenty-five years.
14. What does Gerry Evans think Agnes should do for a living?
(b) Teach dance.
(c) Knit gloves.
(d) Be a dressmaker.
15. What does Michael say the characters in the play respond to more than the beat of the music?
(a) The enchantment of the music.
(b) The sweetness of the music.
(c) The mood of the music.
(d) The lyrics of the music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sister does Gerry Evans dance with first?
2. What does Gerry Evans have that Chris and Rose doesn't know about?
3. What language does the recruiter for the Spanish army speak?
4. Why is Gerry Evans in the tree in Act 2?
5. Which sister is dead when Michael finds them?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)