|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Gerry Evans stop visiting the Mundys?
(a) During World War II.
(b) Before 1939.
(c) After 1950.
(d) In 1936.
2. What does Gerry Evans seem to be able to do that no one else in the family can?
(a) Fix the radio.
(b) Fix a meal with only three eggs.
(c) Earn a living.
(d) Teach Michael to dance.
3. How does Maggie feel about Michael's kites?
(a) She is amused by them.
(b) She loves them.
(c) She hates them.
(d) She is proud of them.
4. Where does the other Michael Evans live?
5. What do Agnes and Rose tell the family not to do?
(a) "Don't worry about us."
(b) "Don't try to find us."
(c) "Don't wait up for us."
(d) "Don't feel sorry for us."
6. What does Gerry Evans say they need to check if the aerial is all right but the radio still won't work?
(a) The dials.
(b) The ignition.
(c) The battery.
(d) The electric cord.
7. Why does Rose laugh at Agnes while they are picking berries?
(a) Agnes falls into the bushes.
(b) Agnes makes faces at her.
(c) Agnes tells her a joke.
(d) Agnes gets wet in the stream.
8. Why does Michael think Agnes and Rose did not apply to work in the knitting factory?
(a) Agnes would not have been hired at the factory.
(b) Rose would not have been hired at the factory.
(c) Rose and Agnes were tired of knitting gloves.
(d) Neither sister would have been hired at the factory.
9. Why does Michael say his kites haven't flown?
(a) The kites need tails.
(b) The kites aren't finished.
(c) Not enough wind.
(d) The area is too crowded with trees.
10. Why is Kate offended at Uncle Jack's talk of multiple wives?
(a) The neighbors would not approve.
(b) Their mother would not have approved.
(c) The parish priest would not approve.
(d) The pope would not approve.
11. To whom does Maggie compare herself when she dances?
(a) Ann Miller.
(b) Shirley Temple.
(c) Cyd Charisse.
(d) Mae West.
12. How old is Michael when he receives the letter from the other Michael Evans?
13. What does dancing become in Michael's memory?
(a) A lost art.
(b) A daydream.
(c) A wordless ceremony.
(d) A form of exercise.
14. When does Uncle Jack die?
(a) On the eve of La Lughansa the month he returned.
(b) On the evening of his return home.
(c) Within a month of his homecoming.
(d) On the eve of La Lughansa the year after his return.
15. How is Gerry Evans wounded in Spain?
(a) He falls off his motorbike.
(b) He is injured by a grenade.
(c) He is disabled by mustard gas.
(d) He is shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gerry Evans say he is going to Spain?
2. What does Uncle Jack promise he'll do soon?
3. Who does Rose share her picnic with?
4. What does Michael say the characters in the play respond to more than the beat of the music?
5. Why does Michael say the characters dance with their eyes half closed?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)