|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chris feel about her job?
(a) She hates every minute of it.
(b) She is grateful for every minute of it.
(c) She is bored by every minute of it.
(d) She loves every minute of it.
2. What language does the recruiter for the Spanish army speak?
(a) Spanish, from Spain.
(b) English, from Armagh.
(c) Italian, from Europe.
(d) Gaelic, from Ireland.
3. What phrase comforts Kate when she thinks of Uncle Jack's pagan worship?
(a) "His own ecumenical understanding."
(b) "His own distinctive spiritual search."
(c) "His own way of looking at the world."
(d) "His way of bringing the world together."
4. What does Gerry Evans think Agnes should do for a living?
(a) Be a dressmaker.
(c) Teach dance.
(d) Knit gloves.
5. What is the first step in swapping possessions in Uncle Jack's village in Uganda?
(a) Fling your possession in the air.
(b) Hand your possession to the recipient.
(c) Present your possession to a third party.
(d) Put your possession on the ground and step away from it.
6. How many people are at the house for dinner in Act 2?
7. Where are Agnes and Rose when Michael finds them?
(d) New York.
8. What do Agnes and Rose agree to do next Sunday?
(a) Invite Gerry Evans for a dance.
(b) Go to church.
(c) Pick berries.
(d) Fix Sunday dinner.
9. What household task does Maggie take from Agnes during Lughnasa?
(d) Feeding the chickens.
10. What does Gerry Evans promise Michael during each annual visit?
(a) A bell for his bike.
(b) A new bike.
(c) A trip to the city.
(d) A trip to Spain.
11. What does Kate say the radio has done to the country?
(a) Killed Christian conversation.
(b) Encouraged rowdiness.
(c) Helped people have fun.
(d) Destroyed family togetherness.
12. What does Chris think is wrong with the radio?
(a) It's broken.
(b) It's old.
(c) It's possessed.
(d) It's improperly wired.
13. What does Chris want Gerry Evans to do for the family?
(a) Move in with them.
(b) Fix the radio.
(c) Write to them from Spain.
(d) Dance with the sisters.
14. What skill does Gerry Evans have that the army wanted?
(a) He can ride a motor bike.
(b) He can make explosives.
(c) He can speak Spanish.
(d) He can fire a cannon.
15. What happened to Rose's pet rooster?
(a) The fox killed it.
(b) It died mysteriously.
(c) Rose killed it.
(d) Maggie killed it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Uncle Jack say brought a woman back from the dead?
2. Why does Michael think Agnes and Rose did not apply to work in the knitting factory?
3. When Uncle Jack speaks of Uganda, what does he call it?
4. Which of the sisters takes over to organize the search for Rose?
5. Why does Michael say his kites haven't flown?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)