|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people are at the house for dinner in Act 2?
2. How is Gerry Evans wounded in Spain?
(a) He is disabled by mustard gas.
(b) He is injured by a grenade.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He falls off his motorbike.
3. What does Uncle Jack remember the children had with scones but never with soda bread?
(b) Bilberry jam.
4. Why does Kate object to Gerry Evans going to Spain?
(a) He'll be putting their income at risk.
(b) He'll be fighting for godless Communism.
(c) He'll be fighting allies of Ireland.
(d) He'll be fighting for democracy.
5. What does Gerry Evans think Agnes should do for a living?
(a) Teach dance.
(b) Knit gloves.
(c) Be a dressmaker.
6. What happened to Rose's pet rooster?
(a) It died mysteriously.
(b) The fox killed it.
(c) Maggie killed it.
(d) Rose killed it.
7. How does Chris feel about her job?
(a) She loves every minute of it.
(b) She is bored by every minute of it.
(c) She is grateful for every minute of it.
(d) She hates every minute of it.
8. Why does Rose laugh at Agnes while they are picking berries?
(a) Agnes tells her a joke.
(b) Agnes falls into the bushes.
(c) Agnes makes faces at her.
(d) Agnes gets wet in the stream.
9. What does dancing become in Michael's memory?
(a) A form of exercise.
(b) A lost art.
(c) A daydream.
(d) A wordless ceremony.
10. How long has Rose been gone when the sisters realize she is missing?
(a) All week.
(b) Three days.
(c) All day.
(d) Three hours.
11. Which sister does Gerry Evans dance with first?
12. How old is Michael when he receives the letter from the other Michael Evans?
13. Who does Uncle Jack worship during Mass in Uganda?
(a) Obi, the goddess of the earth.
(b) The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
(c) The god of casava.
(d) The god of yams and wine.
14. Why does Michael think Agnes and Rose did not apply to work in the knitting factory?
(a) Neither sister would have been hired at the factory.
(b) Rose and Agnes were tired of knitting gloves.
(c) Rose would not have been hired at the factory.
(d) Agnes would not have been hired at the factory.
15. What is Michael writing to ask from Santa Claus?
(a) A radio.
(b) A bell.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A kite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose wear that is unusual for berry picking?
2. What does Maggie think Michael should do instead of write?
3. What phrase comforts Kate when she thinks of Uncle Jack's pagan worship?
4. What are the hand knitters in Ballybeg going to do?
5. Where does Gerry Evans sign up to join the Spanish army?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)