|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maggie claim that Michael owes her money?
(a) She had given him money to buy her a cigarette.
(b) She had loaned him money to make his kites.
(c) She had bet him his kites wouldn't fly.
(d) She had given him money to buy himself a treat.
2. Where does Gerry Evans sign up to join the Spanish army?
(a) In a park.
(b) In a home.
(c) In a department store.
(d) In a Catholic church.
3. What does dancing become in Michael's memory?
(a) A lost art.
(b) A form of exercise.
(c) A wordless ceremony.
(d) A daydream.
4. Who is Gerry Evans imitating when he leaves Ballybeg?
(a) Uncle Jack.
(b) Fred Astaire.
(c) Michael Jackson.
(d) Gene Kelly.
5. How long does it take Michael to find Agnes and Rose?
(a) Twenty-five years.
(b) All week.
(c) A year.
(d) Two months.
6. How old is Michael when he receives the letter from the other Michael Evans?
7. How is Gerry Evans wounded in Spain?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is disabled by mustard gas.
(c) He is injured by a grenade.
(d) He falls off his motorbike.
8. What does Rose say happened to the boy who was burned at the Lughnasa festival?
(a) He died.
(b) He will be crippled.
(c) He will be paralyzed.
(d) He's recovering.
9. What are the hand knitters in Ballybeg going to do?
(a) March to protest the new factory.
(b) Ride the bus to work in the factory in Donegal.
(c) Train for different work.
(d) Go on public assistance.
10. How many eggs does Maggie have to feed the people over for dinner in Act 2?
11. What household task does Maggie take from Agnes during Lughnasa?
(a) Feeding the chickens.
12. How many husbands does Uncle Jack say he could provide the sisters in Ryanga?
(a) More than one husband for each of them.
(b) One husband for four of them.
(c) One husband for all five of them.
(d) One husband for each of them.
13. How long has Rose been gone when the sisters realize she is missing?
(a) All week.
(b) All day.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three hours.
14. Which sister does Gerry Evans dance with first?
15. When does Uncle Jack return to celebrating Mass?
(b) The following Monday, as he promised.
(c) The following Sunday, as he promised.
(d) On Christmas Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Gerry Evans in the tree in Act 2?
2. What does Uncle Jack think is good about the multiple-wife system?
3. What does Chris want Gerry Evans to do for the family?
4. When does Uncle Jack die?
5. What does Kate say the radio has done to the country?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)