|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerry Evans trade with Uncle Jack?
(a) Walking sticks.
2. What work does Kate find after leaving her teaching job?
(a) She has to apply at the knitting factory.
(b) She tutors Austin Morgan's family.
(c) She marries Austin Morgan.
(d) She works as a dressmaker.
3. What does Gerry Evans seem to be able to do that no one else in the family can?
(a) Fix a meal with only three eggs.
(b) Teach Michael to dance.
(c) Fix the radio.
(d) Earn a living.
4. Why does Rose laugh at Agnes while they are picking berries?
(a) Agnes makes faces at her.
(b) Agnes falls into the bushes.
(c) Agnes gets wet in the stream.
(d) Agnes tells her a joke.
5. How many people are at the house for dinner in Act 2?
6. How old is Michael when he receives the letter from the other Michael Evans?
7. What word does Kate use to describe Michael?
8. What does Maggie say she would choose if she had to select either a plump old widower or one Wild Woodbine?
(a) The Wild Woodbine.
(b) The plump old widower.
9. When Uncle Jack says "we," to whom does he refer?
(a) The British.
(b) The people in the leper colony.
(c) The family.
(d) The Irish.
10. Where are Agnes and Rose when Michael finds them?
(a) New York.
11. Why does Kate think Agnes and Rose did not apply to work in the knitting factory?
(a) The sisters could not read the instructions.
(b) The sisters had no transportation to the factory.
(c) Agnes was too notionate to work in a factory.
(d) The sisters were not in robust health.
12. Who does Uncle Jack worship during Mass in Uganda?
(a) Obi, the goddess of the earth.
(b) The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
(c) The god of yams and wine.
(d) The god of casava.
13. What does Kate say the radio has done to the country?
(a) Killed Christian conversation.
(b) Helped people have fun.
(c) Destroyed family togetherness.
(d) Encouraged rowdiness.
14. To whom does Maggie compare herself when she dances?
(a) Cyd Charisse.
(b) Ann Miller.
(c) Shirley Temple.
(d) Mae West.
15. How is Gerry Evans wounded in Spain?
(a) He is disabled by mustard gas.
(b) He is injured by a grenade.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He falls off his motorbike.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the sisters would care that Austin Morgan is getting married?
2. When does Chris say Michael always vanishes?
3. Why can't Vera McLaughlin work in the new factory?
4. How many eggs does Maggie have to feed the people over for dinner in Act 2?
5. What does Gerry Evans think Agnes should do for a living?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)