|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerry Evans promise Michael during each annual visit?
(a) A new bike.
(b) A trip to the city.
(c) A trip to Spain.
(d) A bell for his bike.
2. What does Michael say is found in dancing?
(a) Untapped emotions.
(b) The heart of life and all its hopes.
(c) Unity and community.
(d) Strong and unrecognized feelings.
3. Why can't Vera McLaughlin work in the new factory?
(a) She doesn't see well enough.
(b) She's too slow.
(c) She's too old.
(d) She's too young.
4. What does Gerry Evans think Agnes should do for a living?
(a) Be a dressmaker.
(c) Knit gloves.
(d) Teach dance.
5. Why is Gerry Evans in the tree in Act 2?
(a) He's rescuing Michael's kite.
(b) He's building a tree house for Michael.
(c) He's trying to fix the antenna.
(d) He's trying to trick Agnes.
6. What is Michael writing to ask from Santa Claus?
(a) A radio.
(b) A bell.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A kite.
7. In Act 2, what does Maggie think Agnes should do to make a living?
(a) Start a dressmaking business.
(b) Gather turf to sell.
(c) Go to work in the glove factory.
(d) Travel to Dublin and look for work.
8. What phrase comforts Kate when she thinks of Uncle Jack's pagan worship?
(a) "His own distinctive spiritual search."
(b) "His own ecumenical understanding."
(c) "His way of bringing the world together."
(d) "His own way of looking at the world."
9. What does Chris do when Gerry Evans dances with Agnes and Maggie?
(a) Sings along with the radio.
(b) Makes up her own dance.
(c) Joins in the dance.
(d) Turns the radio off.
10. What popular song does Gerry Evans dance to with the sisters in Act 2?
(a) Anything Goes.
(b) Pennsylvania 6-5000.
(c) String of Pearls.
(d) Dancing in the Dark.
11. When does Gerry Evans stop visiting the Mundys?
(a) Before 1939.
(b) In 1936.
(c) During World War II.
(d) After 1950.
12. When does Michael get a letter from another Michael Evans?
(a) In the mid-thirties.
(b) In the mid-forties.
(c) In 1960.
(d) In the mid-fifties.
13. What does Rose wear that is unusual for berry picking?
(a) Her house apron.
(b) Her wellingtons.
(c) Her wraparound dress.
(d) Her Sunday shoes.
14. Why does Michael say his kites haven't flown?
(a) Not enough wind.
(b) The kites aren't finished.
(c) The kites need tails.
(d) The area is too crowded with trees.
15. What does Rose say happened to the boy who was burned at the Lughnasa festival?
(a) He died.
(b) He will be paralyzed.
(c) He's recovering.
(d) He will be crippled.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Michael to find Agnes and Rose?
2. Who does Rose share her picnic with?
3. What bad news does Chris have from Vera McLaughlin?
4. Which of the sisters takes over to organize the search for Rose?
5. Which sister does Gerry Evans dance with first?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)