|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many eggs does Maggie have to feed the people over for dinner in Act 2?
2. Where does Gerry Evans hide when Agnes comes back from picking blackberries?
(a) Under the table.
(b) In the bushes in front of the house.
(c) Behind the door.
(d) On top of the sycamore tree.
3. What has Michael painted on the kites?
(a) Cruel, garish faces.
(b) White roosters.
(c) Sunny, happy faces.
(d) Forest animals.
4. Which of the sisters takes over to organize the search for Rose?
5. Who does Uncle Jack say brought a woman back from the dead?
(a) The Holy Ghost.
(b) A medicine man.
(c) God, the Father.
(d) The parish priest.
6. What word does Kate use to describe Michael?
7. Who does Rose share her picnic with?
(a) Danny Bradley.
(b) Gerry Evans.
(c) Austin Morgan.
(d) Brian McGuinness.
8. How long does it take Michael to find Agnes and Rose?
(a) A year.
(b) Two months.
(c) Twenty-five years.
(d) All week.
9. What role does Gerry Evans love to play?
(a) Returning hero.
(c) Disabled war veteran.
(d) Fast-talking salesman.
10. In Act 2, what does Maggie think Agnes should do to make a living?
(a) Gather turf to sell.
(b) Start a dressmaking business.
(c) Go to work in the glove factory.
(d) Travel to Dublin and look for work.
11. Why does Kate object to Gerry Evans going to Spain?
(a) He'll be fighting allies of Ireland.
(b) He'll be fighting for democracy.
(c) He'll be fighting for godless Communism.
(d) He'll be putting their income at risk.
12. What is the result of Gerry Evans' war injury?
(a) He is unable to dance.
(b) He is unable to work.
(c) He is paralyzed.
(d) He is unable to walk.
13. What does Gerry Evans seem to be able to do that no one else in the family can?
(a) Fix the radio.
(b) Fix a meal with only three eggs.
(c) Earn a living.
(d) Teach Michael to dance.
14. What does Rose wear that is unusual for berry picking?
(a) Her wellingtons.
(b) Her wraparound dress.
(c) Her Sunday shoes.
(d) Her house apron.
15. What happened to Rose's pet rooster?
(a) Maggie killed it.
(b) Rose killed it.
(c) The fox killed it.
(d) It died mysteriously.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does the recruiter for the Spanish army speak?
2. What does Uncle Jack promise he'll do soon?
3. How old is Michael when he receives the letter from the other Michael Evans?
4. What does Chris do when Gerry Evans dances with Agnes and Maggie?
5. What do Agnes and Rose tell the family not to do?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)