|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerry Evans seem to be able to do that no one else in the family can?
(a) Fix a meal with only three eggs.
(b) Earn a living.
(c) Fix the radio.
(d) Teach Michael to dance.
2. What is unusual about the recruiter of which Gerry Evans learns as he writes his name?
(a) The recruiter is a midget.
(b) The recruiter has only one leg.
(c) The recruiter is crippled.
(d) The recruiter is blind.
3. How many people are at the house for dinner in Act 2?
4. How old is Michael when he receives the letter from the other Michael Evans?
5. Why does Rose laugh at Agnes while they are picking berries?
(a) Agnes makes faces at her.
(b) Agnes gets wet in the stream.
(c) Agnes tells her a joke.
(d) Agnes falls into the bushes.
6. What does Gerry Evans have that Chris and Rose doesn't know about?
(a) A fortune.
(b) A secret illness.
(c) A wife and family.
(d) A baronial estate.
7. Which sister does Gerry Evans dance with first?
8. What is the first step in swapping possessions in Uncle Jack's village in Uganda?
(a) Hand your possession to the recipient.
(b) Fling your possession in the air.
(c) Present your possession to a third party.
(d) Put your possession on the ground and step away from it.
9. What does Uncle Jack promise he'll do soon?
(a) Walk four times a day.
(b) Say Mass in the house.
(c) Go to the harvest festival.
(d) Teach a class on Ugandan customs.
10. What does Michael say the characters in the play respond to more than the beat of the music?
(a) The sweetness of the music.
(b) The enchantment of the music.
(c) The mood of the music.
(d) The lyrics of the music.
11. What does Rose wear that is unusual for berry picking?
(a) Her wellingtons.
(b) Her Sunday shoes.
(c) Her house apron.
(d) Her wraparound dress.
12. Which of the sisters takes over to organize the search for Rose?
13. Why does Kate think Agnes and Rose did not apply to work in the knitting factory?
(a) Agnes was too notionate to work in a factory.
(b) The sisters had no transportation to the factory.
(c) The sisters were not in robust health.
(d) The sisters could not read the instructions.
14. Which of the sisters would care that Austin Morgan is getting married?
15. What does dancing become in Michael's memory?
(a) A lost art.
(b) A wordless ceremony.
(c) A form of exercise.
(d) A daydream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What household task does Maggie take from Agnes during Lughnasa?
2. Why does Maggie claim that Michael owes her money?
3. When does Gerry Evans stop visiting the Mundys?
4. Why can't Vera McLaughlin work in the new factory?
5. What bad news does Chris have from Vera McLaughlin?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)