|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why don't the Mundys speak of Uncle Jack when he is a chaplain for the British army?
(a) Kate is in the War of Independence against Britain.
(b) They are angry with him.
(c) They don't know where he was.
(d) They are afraid of endangering Uncle Jack.
2. Which of the sisters dances alone?
3. What does Maggie like to ask Michael?
(b) Plots of stories he's read.
(d) Personal questions.
4. Why do Maggie and Chris object to Rose seeing Danny Bradley?
(a) He's a drunk.
(b) He's handsome and they're jealous.
(c) He's a liar.
(d) He's married.
5. Who is the joker of the Mundy family?
6. How does Gerry Evans get to Ballybeg?
(a) Gerry Evans buys a car.
(b) Gerry Evans walks.
(c) Gerry Evans gets a ride from a man he meets in a bar.
(d) Gerry Evans buys a bicycle.
7. What does the Donegal Enquirer call Uncle Jack?
(a) Our own leper priest.
(b) Our own traitor.
(c) A hero to all Ireland.
(d) A disgrace to our country.
8. How long has Uncle Jack been gone?
(a) Two years.
(b) Twenty-five years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Twenty years.
9. Who is Bernie O'Donnell?
(a) An old friend of Agnes's.
(b) An old friend of Rose's.
(c) An old friend of Maggie's.
(d) An old friend of Kate's.
10. What does Agnes call her sisters when they dance immodestly?
11. What infuriates Kate about Gerry Evans?
(a) He doesn't keep a job.
(b) He doesn't love Chris.
(c) He doesn't come by often.
(d) He doesn't support his child.
12. What is Kate determined to do this winter?
(a) Start riding the horse to town.
(b) Take the bus to town.
(c) Fix up the old bicycle and learn to ride it.
(d) Save enough money to buy a car.
13. What animals does Maggie feed?
14. Why does Maggie worry when Michael can't be seen?
(a) He could go to the old well.
(b) He could go to the woods.
(c) He could go into town.
(d) He could go to the back hills.
15. What does Danny Bradley call Rose?
(d) Sally Rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the sisters is first to stop work and dance to the radio music?
2. What superstition does Maggie believe?
3. What does Chris hear that Gerry Evans is doing in Dublin?
4. How does Kate identify Gerry Evans?
5. What do the characters call movies?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)