|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kate ask God to forgive her?
(a) For judging her sisters.
(b) For calling Gerry Evans a bastard.
(c) For poisoning the atmosphere in the house.
(d) For refusing to dance.
2. Why don't the Mundys speak of Uncle Jack when he is a chaplain for the British army?
(a) They don't know where he was.
(b) They are angry with him.
(c) They are afraid of endangering Uncle Jack.
(d) Kate is in the War of Independence against Britain.
3. How do the sisters feel about Uncle Jack while he is in the leper colony?
(a) He is cut off from them.
(b) He is a hero and a saint to them.
(c) He is a mystery to them.
(d) He is a shame and a disgrace to them.
4. Why do Maggie and Chris object to Rose seeing Danny Bradley?
(a) He's a liar.
(b) He's a drunk.
(c) He's married.
(d) He's handsome and they're jealous.
5. What is the "double blessing" Bernie O'Donnell has?
(a) Twice as much money.
(b) Twin girls.
(c) Citizenship in two countries.
(d) Twin boys.
6. How old Is Uncle Jack?
7. How does Jack feel about the Ballybeg climate?
(a) It's perfect.
(b) It's hot.
(c) It's cold.
(d) It's a relief.
8. What does Maggie like to ask Michael?
(b) Plots of stories he's read.
(d) Personal questions.
9. What is Wild Woodbine?
10. How does Maggie think Gerry Evans looks?
11. How long has Uncle Jack been gone?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Twenty-five years.
(d) Two years.
12. How does Gerry Evans react when Chris tells him the family is watching them?
(a) "Shame on them!"
(b) "Let's get out of sight!"
(c) "Better still!"
(d) "They're just jealous!"
13. What infuriates Kate about Gerry Evans?
(a) He doesn't keep a job.
(b) He doesn't support his child.
(c) He doesn't come by often.
(d) He doesn't love Chris.
14. What does Danny Bradley call Rose?
(a) Sally Rose.
15. What dance do Bernie O'Donnell and Maggie compete in?
(a) The Military Two-step.
(b) The waltz.
(c) The jitterbug.
(d) The polka.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Donegal Enquirer call Uncle Jack?
2. What does Kate say is the only thing Gerry Evans does well?
3. What is the first thing the Mundys listen to on the radio?
4. Why does Rose dance in wellingtons?
5. When is La Lughnasa held in the old days?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)