|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people of Ballylbeg plan for Jack?
(a) A bonfire.
(b) A public welcome.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) A fundraiser.
2. How long does Gerry Evans think he's been away?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Thirteen months.
(d) A year.
3. Why do the sisters stop dancing?
(a) The radio quits.
(b) They are embarrassed.
(c) They are worn out.
(d) Uncle Jack stops them.
4. What infuriates Kate about Gerry Evans?
(a) He doesn't love Chris.
(b) He doesn't support his child.
(c) He doesn't come by often.
(d) He doesn't keep a job.
5. Why do Maggie and Chris object to Rose seeing Danny Bradley?
(a) He's a liar.
(b) He's married.
(c) He's a drunk.
(d) He's handsome and they're jealous.
6. Which of the sisters dances alone?
7. What does Gerry Evans see at the Mundy house that he says is a bad omen?
(a) A magpie.
(b) A crow.
(c) A black cat.
(d) A vulture.
8. Who first proposes that the sisters go to the harvest dance?
9. How does Jack feel about the Ballybeg climate?
(a) It's a relief.
(b) It's cold.
(c) It's hot.
(d) It's perfect.
10. What dance do Bernie O'Donnell and Maggie compete in?
(a) The Military Two-step.
(b) The waltz.
(c) The jitterbug.
(d) The polka.
11. Why does Maggie worry when Michael can't be seen?
(a) He could go into town.
(b) He could go to the back hills.
(c) He could go to the woods.
(d) He could go to the old well.
12. To what tune do Gerry Evans and Chris dance?
(a) String of Pearls.
(b) Dancing in the Dark.
(c) Some Enchanted Evening.
(d) Pennsylvania 6-5000.
13. What is Michael building in the yard?
(a) A fort.
(c) A treehouse.
(d) A birdhouse.
14. What shame does Chris bring on the family years before?
(a) She has Michael out of wedlock.
(b) She has stolen food for the family.
(c) She has fought for the British.
(d) She has married a Briton.
15. What does Kate bring Chris from town because she is "far too pale?"
(a) Cod-liver oil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie call Michael?
2. How old is Michael when this story takes place?
3. How do the sisters feel about Uncle Jack while he is in the leper colony?
4. Which of the sisters is first to stop work and dance to the radio music?
5. Why does Kate object to going to the harvest dance?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)