|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maggie worry when Michael can't be seen?
(a) He could go to the woods.
(b) He could go to the back hills.
(c) He could go to the old well.
(d) He could go into town.
2. How long does Gerry Evans think he's been away?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Thirteen months.
(d) A year.
3. What do the Mundy sisters name their radio?
4. What worries Kate most about losing her job?
(a) What will become of the sisters?
(b) What will become of their reputation.
(c) What will become of Uncle Jack?
(d) What will become of Rose?
5. How does Maggie think Gerry Evans looks?
6. What do the people of Ballylbeg plan for Jack?
(a) A bonfire.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A fundraiser.
(d) A public welcome.
7. What unusual stage convention involves the boy Michael?
(a) The boy Michael is played by an adult.
(b) The boy Michael is invisible, and his lines are said by adult Michael.
(c) The boy Michael is silent.
(d) The boy Michael narrates the play.
8. Who is the joker of the Mundy family?
9. What infuriates Agnes about Kate?
(a) Kate is a gossip.
(b) Kate doesn't care about Michael.
(c) Kate judges Gerry Evans.
(d) Kate doesn't care about Chris's feelings.
10. Why is Michael disappointed in Uncle Jack?
(a) Uncle Jack doesn't look as Michael had imagined him.
(b) Uncle Jack shouts all the time.
(c) Uncle Jack ignores Michael.
(d) Uncle Jack is unkind to the family.
11. When is La Lughnasa held in the old days?
(a) September first.
(b) September thirtieth.
(c) August fifteenth.
(d) August first.
12. Why does the parish priest tell Kate she may lose her teaching job?
(a) The priest says Uncle Jack is a blot on the community.
(b) The priest says the parents object to Kate's methods.
(c) The priest says the number of students is falling.
(d) The priest says Kate is getting too old to teach.
13. How does Gerry Evans react when Chris tells him the family is watching them?
(a) "Better still!"
(b) "Shame on them!"
(c) "Let's get out of sight!"
(d) "They're just jealous!"
14. What is the population of Balleybeg looking forward to?
(a) The harvest picnic.
(b) The harvest potluck.
(c) The harvest parade.
(d) The harvest dance.
15. Where has Uncle Jack been when the story opens?
(a) Working for the British army in East Africa.
(b) In Dublin.
(c) In London.
(d) In a leper colony in Uganda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate bring Chris from town because she is "far too pale?"
2. Which of the sisters is the most graceful dancer?
3. What is the "double blessing" Bernie O'Donnell has?
4. What does Chris do that Kate thinks sacrilegious?
5. What does Gerry Evans want Chris to do?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)