|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shame does Chris bring on the family years before?
(a) She has stolen food for the family.
(b) She has fought for the British.
(c) She has Michael out of wedlock.
(d) She has married a Briton.
2. How long has Uncle Jack been gone?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Twenty-five years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two years.
3. How does Maggie think Gerry Evans looks?
4. Why does Kate object to going to the harvest dance?
(a) People will laugh because they are awkward dancers.
(b) People will laugh at their clothes.
(c) People will laugh at women their age dancing.
(d) People will laugh because they have no husbands.
5. What does the Mundy family use as fuel for the stove?
6. Why does the parish priest tell Kate she may lose her teaching job?
(a) The priest says Uncle Jack is a blot on the community.
(b) The priest says the number of students is falling.
(c) The priest says the parents object to Kate's methods.
(d) The priest says Kate is getting too old to teach.
7. How does Gerry Evans get to Ballybeg?
(a) Gerry Evans walks.
(b) Gerry Evans buys a car.
(c) Gerry Evans gets a ride from a man he meets in a bar.
(d) Gerry Evans buys a bicycle.
8. What does Kate bring Chris from town because she is "far too pale?"
(c) Cod-liver oil.
9. What does Danny Bradley call Rose?
(c) Sally Rose.
10. How does Kate identify Gerry Evans?
(a) Gerry Evans carries a suitcase of goods to sell.
(b) Gerry Evans is riding a bicycle.
(c) Gerry Evans has a walking stick and a straw hat.
(d) Gerry Evans is tall and handsome.
11. Which of the sisters is the most graceful dancer?
12. What does Maggie admire about Brian McGuinness?
(a) His white hands and long eyelashes.
(b) His military bearing.
(c) His straight nose and muscular shoulders.
(d) His blue eyes and curly hair.
13. Where has Uncle Jack been when the story opens?
(a) In London.
(b) In Dublin.
(c) In a leper colony in Uganda.
(d) Working for the British army in East Africa.
14. When is La Lughnasa held in the old days?
(a) August fifteenth.
(b) August first.
(c) September first.
(d) September thirtieth.
15. From what disease does Uncle Jack suffer?
(d) Dengue fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerry Evans think the radio is when he hears it?
2. How does Gerry Evans react when Chris tells him the family is watching them?
3. Who is Bernie O'Donnell?
4. Who is Lugh?
5. What infuriates Kate about Gerry Evans?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)