|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shame does Chris bring on the family years before?
(a) She has Michael out of wedlock.
(b) She has stolen food for the family.
(c) She has married a Briton.
(d) She has fought for the British.
2. How does Maggie think Gerry Evans looks?
3. Which of the sisters dances alone?
4. What is Michael building in the yard?
(a) A fort.
(b) A birdhouse.
(c) A treehouse.
5. What dance do Bernie O'Donnell and Maggie compete in?
(a) The waltz.
(b) The jitterbug.
(c) The Military Two-step.
(d) The polka.
6. What does Maggie like to ask Michael?
(a) Plots of stories he's read.
(c) Personal questions.
7. In what year does Dancing at Lughnasa take place?
8. What medication does Uncle Jack take?
9. Whose arrival throws the Mundy household into turmoil?
(a) Uncle Jack.
(b) Gerry Evans.
(d) Bernie O'Donnell.
10. Where is Bernie O'Donnell's husband from?
11. Why does Maggie worry when Michael can't be seen?
(a) He could go into town.
(b) He could go to the back hills.
(c) He could go to the old well.
(d) He could go to the woods.
12. Why is Michael disappointed in Uncle Jack?
(a) Uncle Jack ignores Michael.
(b) Uncle Jack is unkind to the family.
(c) Uncle Jack doesn't look as Michael had imagined him.
(d) Uncle Jack shouts all the time.
13. What does Maggie call Michael?
14. What does Chris do that Kate thinks sacrilegious?
(a) She shows her legs when she dances.
(b) She takes the name of the Lord in vain.
(c) She wears the surplice she's been ironing.
(d) She turns the picture of the saints to the wall.
15. How does Michael scare Maggie?
(a) Michael pretends to see a snake.
(b) Michael pretends to see a spider.
(c) Michael pretends to see a rat.
(d) Michael pretends to see a mouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Okawa?
2. What does Chris want Michael to believe about his father?
3. What infuriates Kate about Gerry Evans?
4. What does the storekeeper say the Mundys go through faster than anyone in Ballybeg?
5. What does Gerry Evans see at the Mundy house that he says is a bad omen?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)