|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Gerry Evans think he's been away?
(a) A year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Thirteen months.
(d) Eighteen months.
2. What medication does Uncle Jack take?
3. What does Chris do that Kate thinks sacrilegious?
(a) She shows her legs when she dances.
(b) She turns the picture of the saints to the wall.
(c) She wears the surplice she's been ironing.
(d) She takes the name of the Lord in vain.
4. What does the storekeeper say the Mundys go through faster than anyone in Ballybeg?
(a) Chicken feed.
(b) Corn meal.
5. What does Gerry Evans want Chris to do?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Run away with him.
(c) Tell Michael about him.
(d) Go to the harvest dance with him.
6. Why does Maggie worry when Michael can't be seen?
(a) He could go to the old well.
(b) He could go into town.
(c) He could go to the woods.
(d) He could go to the back hills.
7. How does Kate think children should be named?
(a) With the names of Catholic saints.
(b) With the names of movie stars.
(c) With the names of grandparents.
(d) With the names of Celtic gods and goddesses.
8. What shame does Chris bring on the family years before?
(a) She has stolen food for the family.
(b) She has fought for the British.
(c) She has married a Briton.
(d) She has Michael out of wedlock.
9. What is the population of Balleybeg looking forward to?
(a) The harvest dance.
(b) The harvest picnic.
(c) The harvest potluck.
(d) The harvest parade.
10. What does Agnes recommend to fix the radio?
(a) Turn it off until it cools down.
(b) Buy a new battery.
(c) Move it to another room.
(d) Fix the frayed cord.
11. What happens to the Sweeney boy at Lughnasa?
(a) He caught fire.
(b) He was burned in effigy.
(c) He was sent home for being too young.
(d) He was ridiculed.
12. What gift does Danny Bradley give Rose for Christmas?
(a) A live fish.
(b) A silver rose.
(c) A live rose.
(d) A silver fish.
13. How do the sisters feel about Uncle Jack while he is in the leper colony?
(a) He is cut off from them.
(b) He is a shame and a disgrace to them.
(c) He is a hero and a saint to them.
(d) He is a mystery to them.
14. What superstition does Maggie believe?
(a) Throw salt over your shoulder if you spill it.
(b) A broken mirror will bring seven years of bad luck.
(c) Never walk under a ladder.
(d) A black cat should be avoided.
15. What does Maggie call Michael?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mundy family use as fuel for the stove?
2. What is the name of the village where the Mundys live?
3. What does Chris hear that Gerry Evans is doing in Dublin?
4. What does Kate say is the only thing Gerry Evans does well?
5. Why does Kate ask God to forgive her?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)