|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bernie O'Donnell?
(a) An old friend of Agnes's.
(b) An old friend of Maggie's.
(c) An old friend of Rose's.
(d) An old friend of Kate's.
2. What is Wild Woodbine?
3. What language has Uncle Jack been speaking for twenty-five years?
4. What do the characters call movies?
(c) Moving pictures.
5. Why does Kate ask God to forgive her?
(a) For refusing to dance.
(b) For judging her sisters.
(c) For calling Gerry Evans a bastard.
(d) For poisoning the atmosphere in the house.
6. How old Is Uncle Jack?
7. What does Kate say is the only thing Gerry Evans does well?
(a) Sell merchandise.
(c) Sell himself.
8. Why does the parish priest tell Kate she may lose her teaching job?
(a) The priest says the parents object to Kate's methods.
(b) The priest says the number of students is falling.
(c) The priest says Kate is getting too old to teach.
(d) The priest says Uncle Jack is a blot on the community.
9. What does Maggie like to ask Michael?
(b) Personal questions.
(c) Plots of stories he's read.
10. Who first proposes that the sisters go to the harvest dance?
11. To what tune do Gerry Evans and Chris dance?
(a) Dancing in the Dark.
(b) String of Pearls.
(c) Pennsylvania 6-5000.
(d) Some Enchanted Evening.
12. What does Chris hear that Gerry Evans is doing in Dublin?
(a) Selling gramophones.
(b) Selling encyclopedias.
(c) Teaching dance lessons.
(d) Teaching Bible lessons.
13. Who is the joker of the Mundy family?
14. What does Chris want Michael to believe about his father?
(a) That he is honorable.
(b) That he is handsome.
(c) That he is trustworthy.
(d) That he is responsible.
15. What does the Donegal Enquirer call Uncle Jack?
(a) A disgrace to our country.
(b) Our own traitor.
(c) A hero to all Ireland.
(d) Our own leper priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mundy family use as fuel for the stove?
2. How does Michael scare Maggie?
3. What does Kate bring Chris from town because she is "far too pale?"
4. How does Jack feel about the Ballybeg climate?
5. How does Gerry Evans react when Chris tells him the family is watching them?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)