|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kate determined to do this winter?
(a) Save enough money to buy a car.
(b) Start riding the horse to town.
(c) Take the bus to town.
(d) Fix up the old bicycle and learn to ride it.
2. In what year does Dancing at Lughnasa take place?
3. How does Kate identify Gerry Evans?
(a) Gerry Evans carries a suitcase of goods to sell.
(b) Gerry Evans is riding a bicycle.
(c) Gerry Evans has a walking stick and a straw hat.
(d) Gerry Evans is tall and handsome.
4. How long has Uncle Jack been gone?
(a) Twenty-five years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two years.
5. Why is Michael disappointed in Uncle Jack?
(a) Uncle Jack is unkind to the family.
(b) Uncle Jack doesn't look as Michael had imagined him.
(c) Uncle Jack shouts all the time.
(d) Uncle Jack ignores Michael.
6. What does Chris do that Kate thinks sacrilegious?
(a) She shows her legs when she dances.
(b) She wears the surplice she's been ironing.
(c) She takes the name of the Lord in vain.
(d) She turns the picture of the saints to the wall.
7. What infuriates Kate about Gerry Evans?
(a) He doesn't support his child.
(b) He doesn't love Chris.
(c) He doesn't keep a job.
(d) He doesn't come by often.
8. What do the people of Ballylbeg plan for Jack?
(a) A bonfire.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A public welcome.
(d) A fundraiser.
9. What do the Mundy sisters name their radio?
10. What does Kate call the people who live in the back hills?
11. Whose arrival throws the Mundy household into turmoil?
(a) Uncle Jack.
(b) Bernie O'Donnell.
(d) Gerry Evans.
12. Which of the sisters is the most graceful dancer?
13. What does Agnes recommend to fix the radio?
(a) Buy a new battery.
(b) Fix the frayed cord.
(c) Move it to another room.
(d) Turn it off until it cools down.
14. What is the first thing the Mundys listen to on the radio?
(a) Irish news.
(b) Irish dance music.
(c) British news.
(d) British dance music.
15. Why doesn't Gerry Evans bring Michael a bicycle?
(a) The one he sees is too small.
(b) The one he sees is for girls.
(c) The one he sees is too big.
(d) The one he sees is the wrong color.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maggie worry when Michael can't be seen?
2. What is the name of the village where the Mundys live?
3. Why does Chris refuse Gerry Evans' offer?
4. What do the characters call movies?
5. Why do Maggie and Chris object to Rose seeing Danny Bradley?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)