|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerry Evans see at the Mundy house that he says is a bad omen?
(a) A crow.
(b) A black cat.
(c) A vulture.
(d) A magpie.
2. What does Agnes call her sisters when they dance immodestly?
3. What does the Donegal Enquirer call Uncle Jack?
(a) Our own leper priest.
(b) A disgrace to our country.
(c) Our own traitor.
(d) A hero to all Ireland.
4. What infuriates Agnes about Kate?
(a) Kate doesn't care about Michael.
(b) Kate doesn't care about Chris's feelings.
(c) Kate judges Gerry Evans.
(d) Kate is a gossip.
5. How does Jack feel about the Ballybeg climate?
(a) It's a relief.
(b) It's perfect.
(c) It's hot.
(d) It's cold.
6. How does Kate think children should be named?
(a) With the names of Celtic gods and goddesses.
(b) With the names of movie stars.
(c) With the names of grandparents.
(d) With the names of Catholic saints.
7. Where has Uncle Jack been when the story opens?
(a) In a leper colony in Uganda.
(b) In London.
(c) In Dublin.
(d) Working for the British army in East Africa.
8. What do the Mundy sisters name their radio?
9. What do the people of Ballylbeg plan for Jack?
(a) A bonfire.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A fundraiser.
(d) A public welcome.
10. What is Michael building in the yard?
(a) A treehouse.
(c) A fort.
(d) A birdhouse.
11. Who is Lugh?
(a) The neighbor who helps the Mundy family.
(b) The mother of the Mundy family.
(c) The Celtic god of harvest.
(d) The sister who is cognitively impaired.
12. From what disease does Uncle Jack suffer?
(c) Dengue fever.
13. Where is Gerry Evans going?
(a) To France.
(b) To Italy.
(c) To Spain.
(d) To England.
14. What animals does Maggie feed?
15. Which of the sisters dances alone?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "double blessing" Bernie O'Donnell has?
2. Which of the sisters is first to stop work and dance to the radio music?
3. What language has Uncle Jack been speaking for twenty-five years?
4. Who is Bernie O'Donnell?
5. What is Kate determined to do this winter?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)