Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What superstition does Maggie believe?
(a) Never walk under a ladder.
(b) A black cat should be avoided.
(c) Throw salt over your shoulder if you spill it.
(d) A broken mirror will bring seven years of bad luck.
2. Why does Kate ask God to forgive her?
(a) For poisoning the atmosphere in the house.
(b) For refusing to dance.
(c) For judging her sisters.
(d) For calling Gerry Evans a bastard.
3. What do the Mundy sisters name their radio?
4. Who first proposes that the sisters go to the harvest dance?
5. What does Kate call vulgar language?
(a) Corner-boy language.
(b) Low-class language.
(c) Savage language.
(d) Back hill language.
6. What gift does Danny Bradley give Rose for Christmas?
(a) A live rose.
(b) A silver fish.
(c) A live fish.
(d) A silver rose.
7. What is Wild Woodbine?
8. Why do the sisters stop dancing?
(a) The radio quits.
(b) Uncle Jack stops them.
(c) They are embarrassed.
(d) They are worn out.
9. What does Chris hear that Gerry Evans is doing in Dublin?
(a) Teaching dance lessons.
(b) Teaching Bible lessons.
(c) Selling encyclopedias.
(d) Selling gramophones.
10. Why do Maggie and Chris object to Rose seeing Danny Bradley?
(a) He's a drunk.
(b) He's married.
(c) He's a liar.
(d) He's handsome and they're jealous.
11. How does Kate identify Gerry Evans?
(a) Gerry Evans is tall and handsome.
(b) Gerry Evans has a walking stick and a straw hat.
(c) Gerry Evans is riding a bicycle.
(d) Gerry Evans carries a suitcase of goods to sell.
12. What does Gerry Evans think the radio is when he hears it?
(a) A piano.
(b) A gramophone.
(c) A recording.
(d) A wireless.
13. What is the population of Balleybeg looking forward to?
(a) The harvest parade.
(b) The harvest potluck.
(c) The harvest picnic.
(d) The harvest dance.
14. What is Kate's nickname at school?
(a) The gander.
(b) The mother hen.
(c) The goose.
(d) The turkey.
15. What does Gerry Evans want Chris to do?
(a) Go to the harvest dance with him.
(b) Run away with him.
(c) Tell Michael about him.
(d) Marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris do that Kate thinks sacrilegious?
2. What dance do Bernie O'Donnell and Maggie compete in?
3. How old is Michael when this story takes place?
4. What does Maggie like to ask Michael?
5. Who is Okawa?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)