|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maggie think Gerry Evans looks?
2. How soon does Kate predict Gerry Evans will come back?
(a) In a month.
(b) In a year.
(d) In a week.
3. Why does Kate ask God to forgive her?
(a) For poisoning the atmosphere in the house.
(b) For calling Gerry Evans a bastard.
(c) For judging her sisters.
(d) For refusing to dance.
4. What unusual stage convention involves the boy Michael?
(a) The boy Michael narrates the play.
(b) The boy Michael is silent.
(c) The boy Michael is invisible, and his lines are said by adult Michael.
(d) The boy Michael is played by an adult.
5. To what tune do Gerry Evans and Chris dance?
(a) Pennsylvania 6-5000.
(b) Some Enchanted Evening.
(c) Dancing in the Dark.
(d) String of Pearls.
6. What does Gerry Evans want Chris to do?
(a) Run away with him.
(b) Go to the harvest dance with him.
(c) Tell Michael about him.
(d) Marry him.
7. What is Michael building in the yard?
(a) A fort.
(b) A treehouse.
(c) A birdhouse.
8. Why do Maggie and Chris object to Rose seeing Danny Bradley?
(a) He's handsome and they're jealous.
(b) He's married.
(c) He's a drunk.
(d) He's a liar.
9. What does Gerry Evans see on the way to the Mundy house that he thinks is a good omen?
(a) A cow with one horn.
(b) A unicorn.
(c) A customer for his gramophones.
(d) A leprechaun.
10. What does Maggie call Michael?
11. What does Chris do that Kate thinks sacrilegious?
(a) She takes the name of the Lord in vain.
(b) She turns the picture of the saints to the wall.
(c) She shows her legs when she dances.
(d) She wears the surplice she's been ironing.
12. How many pairs of gloves must the sisters produce this week?
(a) One dozen.
(c) Two dozen.
13. What is the "double blessing" Bernie O'Donnell has?
(a) Twin boys.
(b) Citizenship in two countries.
(c) Twin girls.
(d) Twice as much money.
14. What does Gerry Evans think the radio is when he hears it?
(a) A gramophone.
(b) A wireless.
(c) A recording.
(d) A piano.
15. How does Michael scare Maggie?
(a) Michael pretends to see a spider.
(b) Michael pretends to see a mouse.
(c) Michael pretends to see a snake.
(d) Michael pretends to see a rat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language has Uncle Jack been speaking for twenty-five years?
2. What is Wild Woodbine?
3. What worries Kate most about losing her job?
4. What do the Mundy sisters name their radio?
5. What does Kate call the people who live in the back hills?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)