|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chris heat the iron for their clothes?
(a) On the hearth.
(b) On the radiator.
(c) In the stove.
(d) In the fireplace.
2. How long does Gerry Evans think he's been away?
(a) Six months.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) A year.
(d) Thirteen months.
3. What does Kate call vulgar language?
(a) Corner-boy language.
(b) Low-class language.
(c) Back hill language.
(d) Savage language.
4. To what tune do Gerry Evans and Chris dance?
(a) String of Pearls.
(b) Dancing in the Dark.
(c) Pennsylvania 6-5000.
(d) Some Enchanted Evening.
5. What does Gerry's customer take from him the day before yesterday?
(a) Four gramophones.
(b) Four Bibles.
(c) Four encyclopedias.
(d) Four brochures.
6. What do the back hills people do to celebrate Lughnasa?
(a) Run through a bonfire.
(b) Cook around a bonfire.
(c) Burn the British in effigy in a bonfire.
(d) Drive their cattle through a bonfire.
7. What does Kate call the people who live in the back hills?
8. What does Chris want Michael to believe about his father?
(a) That he is trustworthy.
(b) That he is handsome.
(c) That he is honorable.
(d) That he is responsible.
9. How soon does Kate predict Gerry Evans will come back?
(a) In a month.
(b) In a year.
(d) In a week.
10. Why does Kate ask God to forgive her?
(a) For refusing to dance.
(b) For poisoning the atmosphere in the house.
(c) For calling Gerry Evans a bastard.
(d) For judging her sisters.
11. Where has Uncle Jack been when the story opens?
(a) In a leper colony in Uganda.
(b) Working for the British army in East Africa.
(c) In Dublin.
(d) In London.
12. How does Kate think children should be named?
(a) With the names of grandparents.
(b) With the names of movie stars.
(c) With the names of Catholic saints.
(d) With the names of Celtic gods and goddesses.
13. What does Gerry Evans see at the Mundy house that he says is a bad omen?
(a) A magpie.
(b) A crow.
(c) A black cat.
(d) A vulture.
14. How does Maggie think Gerry Evans looks?
15. Where is Gerry Evans going?
(a) To England.
(b) To Spain.
(c) To France.
(d) To Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerry Evans think the radio is when he hears it?
2. What do the Mundy sisters name their radio?
3. What dance do Bernie O'Donnell and Maggie compete in?
4. When is La Lughnasa held in the old days?
5. What is the first thing the Mundys listen to on the radio?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)