|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerry Evans promise Michael during each annual visit?
(a) A bell for his bike.
(b) A new bike.
(c) A trip to Spain.
(d) A trip to the city.
2. Why does Rose say she has to leave the berry picking early?
(a) She says she is sick.
(b) She says she has to go to town.
(c) She says she is sleepy.
(d) She says she has an appointment.
3. What does Uncle Jack think is good about the multiple-wife system?
(a) Everybody helps everybody else.
(b) There are no spinsters.
(c) There are more children.
(d) It prevents jealousy and spite.
4. What does Gerry Evans seem to be able to do that no one else in the family can?
(a) Earn a living.
(b) Fix the radio.
(c) Teach Michael to dance.
(d) Fix a meal with only three eggs.
5. What household task does Maggie take from Agnes during Lughnasa?
(b) Feeding the chickens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kate object to going to the harvest dance?
2. Why do the sisters stop dancing?
3. What does Maggie call Michael?
4. How many children does Gerry Evans have besides Michael?
5. What language has Uncle Jack been speaking for twenty-five years?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)