|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kate ask God to forgive her?
(a) For poisoning the atmosphere in the house.
(b) For calling Gerry Evans a bastard.
(c) For refusing to dance.
(d) For judging her sisters.
2. When does Gerry Evans stop visiting the Mundys?
(a) During World War II.
(b) After 1950.
(c) In 1936.
(d) Before 1939.
3. What does Kate say the radio has done to the country?
(a) Helped people have fun.
(b) Encouraged rowdiness.
(c) Destroyed family togetherness.
(d) Killed Christian conversation.
4. What does Michael say haunts his memory of the thirties?
(a) The music.
(b) The love of his mother.
(c) The personalities of his aunts.
(d) The country atmosphere.
5. What unusual stage convention involves the boy Michael?
(a) The boy Michael narrates the play.
(b) The boy Michael is silent.
(c) The boy Michael is played by an adult.
(d) The boy Michael is invisible, and his lines are said by adult Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Jack think is good about the multiple-wife system?
2. What does the Donegal Enquirer call Uncle Jack?
3. When does Uncle Jack return to celebrating Mass?
4. How long has Uncle Jack been gone?
5. In Act 2, what does Maggie think Agnes should do to make a living?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)