|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerry Evans think the radio is when he hears it?
(a) A wireless.
(b) A piano.
(c) A recording.
(d) A gramophone.
2. What does Kate call vulgar language?
(a) Savage language.
(b) Low-class language.
(c) Back hill language.
(d) Corner-boy language.
3. Why does Rose laugh at Agnes while they are picking berries?
(a) Agnes falls into the bushes.
(b) Agnes tells her a joke.
(c) Agnes gets wet in the stream.
(d) Agnes makes faces at her.
4. What has Michael painted on the kites?
(a) Sunny, happy faces.
(b) Forest animals.
(c) Cruel, garish faces.
(d) White roosters.
5. What does Kate call the people who live in the back hills?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Danny Bradley give Rose for Christmas?
2. Why is Gerry Evans in the tree in Act 2?
3. What does Rose wear that is unusual for berry picking?
4. Which sister does Gerry Evans dance with first?
5. What do the back hills people do to celebrate Lughnasa?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)