|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kate object to Gerry Evans going to Spain?
(a) He'll be putting their income at risk.
(b) He'll be fighting for godless Communism.
(c) He'll be fighting allies of Ireland.
(d) He'll be fighting for democracy.
2. Why is Kate offended at Uncle Jack's talk of multiple wives?
(a) The neighbors would not approve.
(b) The pope would not approve.
(c) Their mother would not have approved.
(d) The parish priest would not approve.
3. How does Gerry Evans react when Chris tells him the family is watching them?
(a) "They're just jealous!"
(b) "Shame on them!"
(c) "Let's get out of sight!"
(d) "Better still!"
4. What does Maggie think Michael should do instead of write?
(a) Run around outside.
(d) Fly his kites.
5. What does Chris want Gerry Evans to do for the family?
(a) Move in with them.
(b) Dance with the sisters.
(c) Fix the radio.
(d) Write to them from Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kate determined to do this winter?
2. Which of the sisters is first to stop work and dance to the radio music?
3. Where does the other Michael Evans live?
4. What does Maggie call Michael?
5. Where is Bernie O'Donnell's husband from?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)