|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bad news does Chris have from Vera McLaughlin?
(a) Vera McLaughlin won't pay as much for hand-made gloves.
(b) The sisters will have to pay for their own wool.
(c) Vera McLaughlin won't be buying more hand-made gloves.
(d) Vera McLaughlin is dissatisfied with the sisters' knitting.
2. Who first proposes that the sisters go to the harvest dance?
3. How does Uncle Jack feel about multiple wives for one husband?
(a) "I'm not sure that I'm against it."
(b) "I'm completely in favor of it."
(c) "I'm completely against it."
(d) "I'm getting used to it."
4. What happened to Rose's pet rooster?
(a) Rose killed it.
(b) The fox killed it.
(c) Maggie killed it.
(d) It died mysteriously.
5. What does Kate say the radio has done to the country?
(a) Helped people have fun.
(b) Encouraged rowdiness.
(c) Killed Christian conversation.
(d) Destroyed family togetherness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rose say she has to leave the berry picking early?
2. How is Gerry Evans wounded in Spain?
3. What popular song does Gerry Evans dance to with the sisters in Act 2?
4. What does Agnes recommend to fix the radio?
5. What is Michael building in the yard?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)