|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the storekeeper say the Mundys go through faster than anyone in Ballybeg?
(b) Chicken feed.
(c) Corn meal.
2. What does Chris hear that Gerry Evans is doing in Dublin?
(a) Selling gramophones.
(b) Teaching dance lessons.
(c) Selling encyclopedias.
(d) Teaching Bible lessons.
3. What does Uncle Jack think is good about the multiple-wife system?
(a) There are no spinsters.
(b) It prevents jealousy and spite.
(c) Everybody helps everybody else.
(d) There are more children.
4. Why does Chris refuse Gerry Evans' offer?
(a) She believes he is already married.
(b) She believes he would walk out on her again.
(c) She believes he doesn't love her.
(d) She believes he would keep her in poverty.
5. How is Gerry Evans wounded in Spain?
(a) He falls off his motorbike.
(b) He is injured by a grenade.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is disabled by mustard gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the recruiter of which Gerry Evans learns as he writes his name?
2. Whose arrival throws the Mundy household into turmoil?
3. When does Uncle Jack return to celebrating Mass?
4. How long does Gerry Evans think he's been away?
5. How soon does Kate predict Gerry Evans will come back?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)