|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kate determined to do this winter?
(a) Take the bus to town.
(b) Save enough money to buy a car.
(c) Fix up the old bicycle and learn to ride it.
(d) Start riding the horse to town.
2. What does Chris do that Kate thinks sacrilegious?
(a) She wears the surplice she's been ironing.
(b) She shows her legs when she dances.
(c) She turns the picture of the saints to the wall.
(d) She takes the name of the Lord in vain.
3. Why does Kate object to going to the harvest dance?
(a) People will laugh at women their age dancing.
(b) People will laugh at their clothes.
(c) People will laugh because they have no husbands.
(d) People will laugh because they are awkward dancers.
4. What role does Gerry Evans love to play?
(a) Fast-talking salesman.
(c) Disabled war veteran.
(d) Returning hero.
5. What is Kate's nickname at school?
(a) The gander.
(b) The turkey.
(c) The mother hen.
(d) The goose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Maggie and Chris object to Rose seeing Danny Bradley?
2. Why does Maggie worry when Michael can't be seen?
3. When Uncle Jack speaks of Uganda, what does he call it?
4. From what disease does Uncle Jack suffer?
5. What language does the recruiter for the Spanish army speak?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)