|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the parish priest tell Kate she may lose her teaching job?
(a) The priest says Kate is getting too old to teach.
(b) The priest says Uncle Jack is a blot on the community.
(c) The priest says the number of students is falling.
(d) The priest says the parents object to Kate's methods.
2. What superstition does Maggie believe?
(a) Never walk under a ladder.
(b) A black cat should be avoided.
(c) A broken mirror will bring seven years of bad luck.
(d) Throw salt over your shoulder if you spill it.
3. How does Uncle Jack feel about multiple wives for one husband?
(a) "I'm completely in favor of it."
(b) "I'm completely against it."
(c) "I'm not sure that I'm against it."
(d) "I'm getting used to it."
4. What does Gerry Evans say they need to check if the aerial is all right but the radio still won't work?
(a) The dials.
(b) The battery.
(c) The electric cord.
(d) The ignition.
5. How does Michael scare Maggie?
(a) Michael pretends to see a mouse.
(b) Michael pretends to see a spider.
(c) Michael pretends to see a snake.
(d) Michael pretends to see a rat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Gerry Evans have besides Michael?
2. What is the name of the village where the Mundys live?
3. What does Michael say is found in dancing?
4. What worries Kate most about losing her job?
5. How long has Gerry Evans been away?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)