|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kate object to going to the harvest dance?
(a) People will laugh at their clothes.
(b) People will laugh because they are awkward dancers.
(c) People will laugh at women their age dancing.
(d) People will laugh because they have no husbands.
2. To whom does Maggie compare herself when she dances?
(a) Shirley Temple.
(b) Cyd Charisse.
(c) Mae West.
(d) Ann Miller.
3. Whose arrival throws the Mundy household into turmoil?
(a) Bernie O'Donnell.
(c) Uncle Jack.
(d) Gerry Evans.
4. Why does Gerry Evans say he is going to Spain?
(a) To fight for democracy.
(b) To fight to preserve the union.
(c) To earn a living for his family.
(d) It's somewhere to go.
5. What does Michael say haunts his memory of the thirties?
(a) The music.
(b) The love of his mother.
(c) The country atmosphere.
(d) The personalities of his aunts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gerry Evans imitating when he leaves Ballybeg?
2. How does Maggie feel about Michael's kites?
3. What does Chris do when Gerry Evans dances with Agnes and Maggie?
4. When does Chris say Michael always vanishes?
5. Where has Uncle Jack been when the story opens?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)