|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the sisters stop dancing?
(a) The radio quits.
(b) They are worn out.
(c) Uncle Jack stops them.
(d) They are embarrassed.
2. In Act 2, what does Maggie think Agnes should do to make a living?
(a) Go to work in the glove factory.
(b) Travel to Dublin and look for work.
(c) Gather turf to sell.
(d) Start a dressmaking business.
3. Why is Michael disappointed in Uncle Jack?
(a) Uncle Jack doesn't look as Michael had imagined him.
(b) Uncle Jack is unkind to the family.
(c) Uncle Jack ignores Michael.
(d) Uncle Jack shouts all the time.
4. How long has Rose been gone when the sisters realize she is missing?
(a) All day.
(b) All week.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Three days.
5. What does Kate bring Chris from town because she is "far too pale?"
(a) Cod-liver oil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wild Woodbine?
2. What is Michael writing to ask from Santa Claus?
3. How does Chris feel about her job?
4. What does Danny Bradley call Rose?
5. What does Rose wear that is unusual for berry picking?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)