|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gerry Evans react when Chris tells him the family is watching them?
(a) "They're just jealous!"
(b) "Shame on them!"
(c) "Let's get out of sight!"
(d) "Better still!"
2. How soon does Kate predict Gerry Evans will come back?
(a) In a week.
(b) In a year.
(d) In a month.
3. What does Michael say language surrenders to in music?
4. What superstition does Maggie believe?
(a) A broken mirror will bring seven years of bad luck.
(b) A black cat should be avoided.
(c) Throw salt over your shoulder if you spill it.
(d) Never walk under a ladder.
5. How many pairs of gloves must the sisters produce this week?
(c) One dozen.
(d) Two dozen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What popular song does Gerry Evans dance to with the sisters in Act 2?
2. Why does Kate object to going to the harvest dance?
3. What does Michael say is found in dancing?
4. What does Gerry Evans seem to be able to do that no one else in the family can?
5. How does Jack feel about the Ballybeg climate?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)