|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why don't the Mundys speak of Uncle Jack when he is a chaplain for the British army?
(a) They are afraid of endangering Uncle Jack.
(b) They don't know where he was.
(c) Kate is in the War of Independence against Britain.
(d) They are angry with him.
2. To whom does Maggie compare herself when she dances?
(a) Mae West.
(b) Ann Miller.
(c) Shirley Temple.
(d) Cyd Charisse.
3. What does the storekeeper say the Mundys go through faster than anyone in Ballybeg?
(a) Chicken feed.
(d) Corn meal.
4. What is Michael writing to ask from Santa Claus?
(a) A bell.
(b) A kite.
(c) A radio.
(d) A bicycle.
5. Why does Kate object to Gerry Evans going to Spain?
(a) He'll be putting their income at risk.
(b) He'll be fighting for democracy.
(c) He'll be fighting allies of Ireland.
(d) He'll be fighting for godless Communism.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maggie lighten the mood about the lack of food in the house?
2. What is Kate determined to do this winter?
3. What skill does Gerry Evans have that the army wanted?
4. Why does Rose laugh at Agnes while they are picking berries?
5. Who first proposes that the sisters go to the harvest dance?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)