|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Uncle Jack die?
(a) On the eve of La Lughansa the year after his return.
(b) Within a month of his homecoming.
(c) On the evening of his return home.
(d) On the eve of La Lughansa the month he returned.
2. What does Michael say haunts his memory of the thirties?
(a) The music.
(b) The personalities of his aunts.
(c) The love of his mother.
(d) The country atmosphere.
3. In Act 2, what does Maggie think Agnes should do to make a living?
(a) Gather turf to sell.
(b) Go to work in the glove factory.
(c) Travel to Dublin and look for work.
(d) Start a dressmaking business.
4. When does Chris say Michael always vanishes?
(a) When it's dinnertime.
(b) When it's time to feed the chickens.
(c) When there's work to be done.
(d) When it's bedtime.
5. What does Kate say is the only thing Gerry Evans does well?
(a) Sell merchandise.
(b) Sell himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Jack think is good about the multiple-wife system?
2. When Uncle Jack says "we," to whom does he refer?
3. What does Chris do that Kate thinks sacrilegious?
4. What do Agnes and Rose agree to do next Sunday?
5. Who is Okawa?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)