|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerry Evans see on the way to the Mundy house that he thinks is a good omen?
(a) A unicorn.
(b) A leprechaun.
(c) A customer for his gramophones.
(d) A cow with one horn.
2. In Act 2, what does Maggie think Agnes should do to make a living?
(a) Go to work in the glove factory.
(b) Travel to Dublin and look for work.
(c) Gather turf to sell.
(d) Start a dressmaking business.
3. Why does Gerry Evans say he is going to Spain?
(a) To fight for democracy.
(b) It's somewhere to go.
(c) To fight to preserve the union.
(d) To earn a living for his family.
4. What is the first thing the Mundys listen to on the radio?
(a) Irish news.
(b) British news.
(c) British dance music.
(d) Irish dance music.
5. What does Gerry Evans promise Michael during each annual visit?
(a) A bell for his bike.
(b) A new bike.
(c) A trip to the city.
(d) A trip to Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How soon does Kate predict Gerry Evans will come back?
2. Why does Michael think Agnes and Rose did not apply to work in the knitting factory?
3. What household task does Maggie take from Agnes during Lughnasa?
4. What does Uncle Jack think is good about the multiple-wife system?
5. When does Uncle Jack die?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)