|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what tune do Gerry Evans and Chris dance?
(a) Pennsylvania 6-5000.
(b) Dancing in the Dark.
(c) String of Pearls.
(d) Some Enchanted Evening.
2. What superstition does Maggie believe?
(a) A broken mirror will bring seven years of bad luck.
(b) A black cat should be avoided.
(c) Never walk under a ladder.
(d) Throw salt over your shoulder if you spill it.
3. What gift does Danny Bradley give Rose for Christmas?
(a) A live fish.
(b) A live rose.
(c) A silver rose.
(d) A silver fish.
4. Why does Kate ask God to forgive her?
(a) For poisoning the atmosphere in the house.
(b) For refusing to dance.
(c) For judging her sisters.
(d) For calling Gerry Evans a bastard.
5. Where is Bernie O'Donnell's husband from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the characters call movies?
2. What does the Mundy family use as fuel for the stove?
3. Who first proposes that the sisters go to the harvest dance?
4. What does Chris want Michael to believe about his father?
5. Where has Uncle Jack been when the story opens?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)