|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the parish priest tell Kate she may lose her teaching job?
(a) The priest says Uncle Jack is a blot on the community.
(b) The priest says the parents object to Kate's methods.
(c) The priest says Kate is getting too old to teach.
(d) The priest says the number of students is falling.
2. How do the sisters feel about Uncle Jack while he is in the leper colony?
(a) He is a shame and a disgrace to them.
(b) He is cut off from them.
(c) He is a mystery to them.
(d) He is a hero and a saint to them.
3. What shame does Chris bring on the family years before?
(a) She has Michael out of wedlock.
(b) She has fought for the British.
(c) She has married a Briton.
(d) She has stolen food for the family.
4. What does Maggie admire about Brian McGuinness?
(a) His blue eyes and curly hair.
(b) His white hands and long eyelashes.
(c) His military bearing.
(d) His straight nose and muscular shoulders.
5. What worries Kate most about losing her job?
(a) What will become of the sisters?
(b) What will become of their reputation.
(c) What will become of Uncle Jack?
(d) What will become of Rose?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the population of Balleybeg looking forward to?
2. What medication does Uncle Jack take?
3. How does Maggie think Gerry Evans looks?
4. What does Maggie call Michael?
5. How does Gerry Evans get to Ballybeg?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)