|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Maggie and Chris object to Rose seeing Danny Bradley?
(a) He's a drunk.
(b) He's handsome and they're jealous.
(c) He's married.
(d) He's a liar.
2. What shame does Chris bring on the family years before?
(a) She has married a Briton.
(b) She has stolen food for the family.
(c) She has Michael out of wedlock.
(d) She has fought for the British.
3. What does Gerry Evans think the radio is when he hears it?
(a) A wireless.
(b) A piano.
(c) A recording.
(d) A gramophone.
4. Who is Lugh?
(a) The neighbor who helps the Mundy family.
(b) The Celtic god of harvest.
(c) The sister who is cognitively impaired.
(d) The mother of the Mundy family.
5. Why does Kate ask God to forgive her?
(a) For calling Gerry Evans a bastard.
(b) For judging her sisters.
(c) For refusing to dance.
(d) For poisoning the atmosphere in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What medication does Uncle Jack take?
2. What is the population of Balleybeg looking forward to?
3. When is La Lughnasa held in the old days?
4. Why is Michael disappointed in Uncle Jack?
5. What do the people of Ballylbeg plan for Jack?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)