|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chris hear that Gerry Evans is doing in Dublin?
(a) Teaching Bible lessons.
(b) Selling gramophones.
(c) Selling encyclopedias.
(d) Teaching dance lessons.
2. Why doesn't Gerry Evans bring Michael a bicycle?
(a) The one he sees is too small.
(b) The one he sees is too big.
(c) The one he sees is for girls.
(d) The one he sees is the wrong color.
3. How does Kate identify Gerry Evans?
(a) Gerry Evans is riding a bicycle.
(b) Gerry Evans has a walking stick and a straw hat.
(c) Gerry Evans carries a suitcase of goods to sell.
(d) Gerry Evans is tall and handsome.
4. What is Kate's nickname at school?
(a) The turkey.
(b) The gander.
(c) The goose.
(d) The mother hen.
5. Which of the sisters is first to stop work and dance to the radio music?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kate ask God to forgive her?
2. What does Agnes call her sisters when they dance immodestly?
3. Why does the parish priest tell Kate she may lose her teaching job?
4. Where has Uncle Jack been when the story opens?
5. What does the Donegal Enquirer call Uncle Jack?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)