|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unusual stage convention involves the boy Michael?
(a) The boy Michael is invisible, and his lines are said by adult Michael.
(b) The boy Michael is silent.
(c) The boy Michael is played by an adult.
(d) The boy Michael narrates the play.
2. How does Kate think children should be named?
(a) With the names of movie stars.
(b) With the names of grandparents.
(c) With the names of Celtic gods and goddesses.
(d) With the names of Catholic saints.
3. Where is Bernie O'Donnell's husband from?
4. How many pairs of gloves must the sisters produce this week?
(a) One dozen.
(d) Two dozen.
5. How does Gerry Evans get to Ballybeg?
(a) Gerry Evans buys a car.
(b) Gerry Evans buys a bicycle.
(c) Gerry Evans walks.
(d) Gerry Evans gets a ride from a man he meets in a bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bernie O'Donnell?
2. Which of the sisters dances alone?
3. How long does Gerry Evans think he's been away?
4. What does Kate call the people who live in the back hills?
5. In what year does Dancing at Lughnasa take place?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)