|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the back hills people do to celebrate Lughnasa?
(a) Cook around a bonfire.
(b) Drive their cattle through a bonfire.
(c) Burn the British in effigy in a bonfire.
(d) Run through a bonfire.
2. What does Chris want Michael to believe about his father?
(a) That he is handsome.
(b) That he is trustworthy.
(c) That he is honorable.
(d) That he is responsible.
3. What does Chris do that Kate thinks sacrilegious?
(a) She turns the picture of the saints to the wall.
(b) She shows her legs when she dances.
(c) She wears the surplice she's been ironing.
(d) She takes the name of the Lord in vain.
4. What does Maggie call Michael?
5. What is Kate's nickname at school?
(a) The mother hen.
(b) The goose.
(c) The gander.
(d) The turkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chris heat the iron for their clothes?
2. Which of the sisters dances alone?
3. What worries Kate most about losing her job?
4. Who is Bernie O'Donnell?
5. What does Kate say is the only thing Gerry Evans does well?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)