|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Uncle Jack been when the story opens?
(a) In a leper colony in Uganda.
(b) In Dublin.
(c) In London.
(d) Working for the British army in East Africa.
2. What unusual stage convention involves the boy Michael?
(a) The boy Michael is played by an adult.
(b) The boy Michael narrates the play.
(c) The boy Michael is silent.
(d) The boy Michael is invisible, and his lines are said by adult Michael.
3. How does Kate think children should be named?
(a) With the names of Catholic saints.
(b) With the names of Celtic gods and goddesses.
(c) With the names of movie stars.
(d) With the names of grandparents.
4. Why does the parish priest tell Kate she may lose her teaching job?
(a) The priest says the parents object to Kate's methods.
(b) The priest says the number of students is falling.
(c) The priest says Uncle Jack is a blot on the community.
(d) The priest says Kate is getting too old to teach.
5. What language has Uncle Jack been speaking for twenty-five years?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Danny Bradley call Rose?
2. How old Is Uncle Jack?
3. Why is Michael disappointed in Uncle Jack?
4. What gift does Danny Bradley give Rose for Christmas?
5. Where is Bernie O'Donnell's husband from?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)