|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lugh?
(a) The sister who is cognitively impaired.
(b) The neighbor who helps the Mundy family.
(c) The mother of the Mundy family.
(d) The Celtic god of harvest.
2. How does Gerry Evans get to Ballybeg?
(a) Gerry Evans walks.
(b) Gerry Evans gets a ride from a man he meets in a bar.
(c) Gerry Evans buys a car.
(d) Gerry Evans buys a bicycle.
3. What does Gerry Evans want Chris to do?
(a) Tell Michael about him.
(b) Run away with him.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Go to the harvest dance with him.
4. What happens to the Sweeney boy at Lughnasa?
(a) He was ridiculed.
(b) He was burned in effigy.
(c) He caught fire.
(d) He was sent home for being too young.
5. Why does Kate object to going to the harvest dance?
(a) People will laugh at their clothes.
(b) People will laugh because they are awkward dancers.
(c) People will laugh at women their age dancing.
(d) People will laugh because they have no husbands.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is La Lughnasa held in the old days?
2. From what disease does Uncle Jack suffer?
3. What language has Uncle Jack been speaking for twenty-five years?
4. What is Michael building in the yard?
5. How long has Uncle Jack been gone?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)