|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Gerry Evans bring Michael a bicycle?
(a) The one he sees is for girls.
(b) The one he sees is the wrong color.
(c) The one he sees is too big.
(d) The one he sees is too small.
2. What happens to the Sweeney boy at Lughnasa?
(a) He caught fire.
(b) He was sent home for being too young.
(c) He was ridiculed.
(d) He was burned in effigy.
3. What is the first thing the Mundys listen to on the radio?
(a) Irish dance music.
(b) Irish news.
(c) British news.
(d) British dance music.
4. How does Gerry Evans get to Ballybeg?
(a) Gerry Evans gets a ride from a man he meets in a bar.
(b) Gerry Evans walks.
(c) Gerry Evans buys a bicycle.
(d) Gerry Evans buys a car.
5. How does Jack feel about the Ballybeg climate?
(a) It's a relief.
(b) It's perfect.
(c) It's hot.
(d) It's cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bernie O'Donnell?
2. How does Michael scare Maggie?
3. What does Kate call the people who live in the back hills?
4. What does Chris hear that Gerry Evans is doing in Dublin?
5. From what disease does Uncle Jack suffer?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)