|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kate think children should be named?
(a) With the names of Celtic gods and goddesses.
(b) With the names of Catholic saints.
(c) With the names of movie stars.
(d) With the names of grandparents.
2. What is Kate determined to do this winter?
(a) Take the bus to town.
(b) Save enough money to buy a car.
(c) Fix up the old bicycle and learn to ride it.
(d) Start riding the horse to town.
3. What does Kate call vulgar language?
(a) Corner-boy language.
(b) Back hill language.
(c) Low-class language.
(d) Savage language.
4. What is Kate's nickname at school?
(a) The gander.
(b) The goose.
(c) The mother hen.
(d) The turkey.
5. How does Gerry Evans react when Chris tells him the family is watching them?
(a) "Shame on them!"
(b) "Better still!"
(c) "They're just jealous!"
(d) "Let's get out of sight!"
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chris heat the iron for their clothes?
2. Which of the sisters dances alone?
3. What infuriates Agnes about Kate?
4. How does Maggie think Gerry Evans looks?
5. What do the characters call movies?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)