|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kate think children should be named?
(a) With the names of Catholic saints.
(b) With the names of Celtic gods and goddesses.
(c) With the names of grandparents.
(d) With the names of movie stars.
2. What shame does Chris bring on the family years before?
(a) She has Michael out of wedlock.
(b) She has married a Briton.
(c) She has stolen food for the family.
(d) She has fought for the British.
3. What infuriates Kate about Gerry Evans?
(a) He doesn't keep a job.
(b) He doesn't love Chris.
(c) He doesn't support his child.
(d) He doesn't come by often.
4. Whose arrival throws the Mundy household into turmoil?
(a) Bernie O'Donnell.
(b) Uncle Jack.
(c) Gerry Evans.
5. How does Kate identify Gerry Evans?
(a) Gerry Evans has a walking stick and a straw hat.
(b) Gerry Evans is tall and handsome.
(c) Gerry Evans carries a suitcase of goods to sell.
(d) Gerry Evans is riding a bicycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kate object to going to the harvest dance?
2. Who is Lugh?
3. What does the storekeeper say the Mundys go through faster than anyone in Ballybeg?
4. What is the population of Balleybeg looking forward to?
5. What does Gerry Evans think the radio is when he hears it?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)