|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lugh?
(a) The mother of the Mundy family.
(b) The neighbor who helps the Mundy family.
(c) The Celtic god of harvest.
(d) The sister who is cognitively impaired.
2. How does Gerry Evans get to Ballybeg?
(a) Gerry Evans buys a bicycle.
(b) Gerry Evans walks.
(c) Gerry Evans gets a ride from a man he meets in a bar.
(d) Gerry Evans buys a car.
3. What does Agnes call her sisters when they dance immodestly?
4. How does Michael scare Maggie?
(a) Michael pretends to see a mouse.
(b) Michael pretends to see a snake.
(c) Michael pretends to see a rat.
(d) Michael pretends to see a spider.
5. Why does the parish priest tell Kate she may lose her teaching job?
(a) The priest says the number of students is falling.
(b) The priest says Uncle Jack is a blot on the community.
(c) The priest says the parents object to Kate's methods.
(d) The priest says Kate is getting too old to teach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bernie O'Donnell?
2. How old is Michael when this story takes place?
3. Why don't the Mundys speak of Uncle Jack when he is a chaplain for the British army?
4. What does Gerry Evans see on the way to the Mundy house that he thinks is a good omen?
5. Which of the sisters refuses to watch Chris dancing with Gerry Evans?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)