|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chris want Michael to believe about his father?
(a) That he is honorable.
(b) That he is handsome.
(c) That he is responsible.
(d) That he is trustworthy.
2. What feeling does the radio create in Michael?
3. Why does the parish priest tell Kate she may lose her teaching job?
(a) The priest says Kate is getting too old to teach.
(b) The priest says the number of students is falling.
(c) The priest says Uncle Jack is a blot on the community.
(d) The priest says the parents object to Kate's methods.
4. What does Kate say is the only thing Gerry Evans does well?
(b) Sell merchandise.
(c) Sell himself.
5. How does Jack feel about the Ballybeg climate?
(a) It's cold.
(b) It's perfect.
(c) It's a relief.
(d) It's hot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dance do Bernie O'Donnell and Maggie compete in?
2. What does the Mundy family use as fuel for the stove?
3. Why don't the Mundys speak of Uncle Jack when he is a chaplain for the British army?
4. What worries Kate most about losing her job?
5. What language has Uncle Jack been speaking for twenty-five years?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)