|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Michael when this story takes place?
2. Whose arrival throws the Mundy household into turmoil?
(a) Uncle Jack.
(b) Bernie O'Donnell.
(d) Gerry Evans.
3. How does Michael scare Maggie?
(a) Michael pretends to see a snake.
(b) Michael pretends to see a rat.
(c) Michael pretends to see a mouse.
(d) Michael pretends to see a spider.
4. What does Kate bring Chris from town because she is "far too pale?"
(a) Cod-liver oil.
5. Why do Maggie and Chris object to Rose seeing Danny Bradley?
(a) He's a drunk.
(b) He's married.
(c) He's handsome and they're jealous.
(d) He's a liar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the population of Balleybeg looking forward to?
2. Why does the parish priest tell Kate she may lose her teaching job?
3. Why does Kate ask God to forgive her?
4. What is the name of the village where the Mundys live?
5. What does Kate call the people who live in the back hills?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)