|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Gerry Evans bring Michael a bicycle?
(a) The one he sees is too big.
(b) The one he sees is the wrong color.
(c) The one he sees is for girls.
(d) The one he sees is too small.
2. Why does the parish priest tell Kate she may lose her teaching job?
(a) The priest says the parents object to Kate's methods.
(b) The priest says Kate is getting too old to teach.
(c) The priest says Uncle Jack is a blot on the community.
(d) The priest says the number of students is falling.
3. What does Agnes recommend to fix the radio?
(a) Fix the frayed cord.
(b) Move it to another room.
(c) Turn it off until it cools down.
(d) Buy a new battery.
4. Why do Maggie and Chris object to Rose seeing Danny Bradley?
(a) He's a liar.
(b) He's a drunk.
(c) He's handsome and they're jealous.
(d) He's married.
5. In what year does Dancing at Lughnasa take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate call vulgar language?
2. What unusual stage convention involves the boy Michael?
3. What dance do Bernie O'Donnell and Maggie compete in?
4. What is the name of the village where the Mundys live?
5. What does Gerry Evans see on the way to the Mundy house that he thinks is a good omen?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)