|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kate's nickname at school?
(a) The mother hen.
(b) The gander.
(c) The goose.
(d) The turkey.
2. Why is Michael disappointed in Uncle Jack?
(a) Uncle Jack shouts all the time.
(b) Uncle Jack ignores Michael.
(c) Uncle Jack doesn't look as Michael had imagined him.
(d) Uncle Jack is unkind to the family.
3. How does Jack feel about the Ballybeg climate?
(a) It's hot.
(b) It's perfect.
(c) It's a relief.
(d) It's cold.
4. What superstition does Maggie believe?
(a) Throw salt over your shoulder if you spill it.
(b) Never walk under a ladder.
(c) A black cat should be avoided.
(d) A broken mirror will bring seven years of bad luck.
5. What animals does Maggie feed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes recommend to fix the radio?
2. Which of the sisters is first to stop work and dance to the radio music?
3. From what disease does Uncle Jack suffer?
4. What is the first thing the Mundys listen to on the radio?
5. Where has Uncle Jack been when the story opens?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)