|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack feel about the Ballybeg climate?
(a) It's perfect.
(b) It's cold.
(c) It's hot.
(d) It's a relief.
2. What worries Kate most about losing her job?
(a) What will become of their reputation.
(b) What will become of Rose?
(c) What will become of the sisters?
(d) What will become of Uncle Jack?
3. What is Wild Woodbine?
4. What does Gerry Evans see on the way to the Mundy house that he thinks is a good omen?
(a) A cow with one horn.
(b) A customer for his gramophones.
(c) A leprechaun.
(d) A unicorn.
5. What do the back hills people do to celebrate Lughnasa?
(a) Burn the British in effigy in a bonfire.
(b) Drive their cattle through a bonfire.
(c) Run through a bonfire.
(d) Cook around a bonfire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mundy family use as fuel for the stove?
2. Why does Kate object to going to the harvest dance?
3. What shame does Chris bring on the family years before?
4. What gift does Danny Bradley give Rose for Christmas?
5. What animals does Maggie feed?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)