|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerry Evans see at the Mundy house that he says is a bad omen?
(a) A crow.
(b) A black cat.
(c) A magpie.
(d) A vulture.
2. What does Kate call vulgar language?
(a) Savage language.
(b) Back hill language.
(c) Corner-boy language.
(d) Low-class language.
3. Why do the sisters stop dancing?
(a) They are embarrassed.
(b) The radio quits.
(c) Uncle Jack stops them.
(d) They are worn out.
4. What does Maggie admire about Brian McGuinness?
(a) His blue eyes and curly hair.
(b) His white hands and long eyelashes.
(c) His military bearing.
(d) His straight nose and muscular shoulders.
5. What does Chris want Michael to believe about his father?
(a) That he is trustworthy.
(b) That he is handsome.
(c) That he is responsible.
(d) That he is honorable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the village where the Mundys live?
2. What do the Mundy sisters name their radio?
3. What do the back hills people do to celebrate Lughnasa?
4. What does Agnes recommend to fix the radio?
5. What feeling does the radio create in Michael?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)