|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lugh?
(a) The neighbor who helps the Mundy family.
(b) The sister who is cognitively impaired.
(c) The mother of the Mundy family.
(d) The Celtic god of harvest.
2. What superstition does Maggie believe?
(a) A black cat should be avoided.
(b) A broken mirror will bring seven years of bad luck.
(c) Throw salt over your shoulder if you spill it.
(d) Never walk under a ladder.
3. What unusual stage convention involves the boy Michael?
(a) The boy Michael is played by an adult.
(b) The boy Michael narrates the play.
(c) The boy Michael is silent.
(d) The boy Michael is invisible, and his lines are said by adult Michael.
4. Why does Chris refuse Gerry Evans' offer?
(a) She believes he is already married.
(b) She believes he would keep her in poverty.
(c) She believes he doesn't love her.
(d) She believes he would walk out on her again.
5. In what year does Dancing at Lughnasa take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the sisters stop dancing?
2. What is Kate's nickname at school?
3. What shame does Chris bring on the family years before?
4. To what tune do Gerry Evans and Chris dance?
5. What animals does Maggie feed?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)