|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the sisters stop dancing?
(a) They are embarrassed.
(b) They are worn out.
(c) Uncle Jack stops them.
(d) The radio quits.
2. What infuriates Agnes about Kate?
(a) Kate is a gossip.
(b) Kate doesn't care about Chris's feelings.
(c) Kate judges Gerry Evans.
(d) Kate doesn't care about Michael.
3. What does Agnes recommend to fix the radio?
(a) Move it to another room.
(b) Buy a new battery.
(c) Turn it off until it cools down.
(d) Fix the frayed cord.
4. What unusual stage convention involves the boy Michael?
(a) The boy Michael narrates the play.
(b) The boy Michael is played by an adult.
(c) The boy Michael is invisible, and his lines are said by adult Michael.
(d) The boy Michael is silent.
5. Who is Lugh?
(a) The neighbor who helps the Mundy family.
(b) The sister who is cognitively impaired.
(c) The mother of the Mundy family.
(d) The Celtic god of harvest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals does Maggie feed?
2. What medication does Uncle Jack take?
3. Why does the parish priest tell Kate she may lose her teaching job?
4. Why don't the Mundys speak of Uncle Jack when he is a chaplain for the British army?
5. What does Agnes call her sisters when they dance immodestly?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)