|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kate object to going to the harvest dance?
(a) People will laugh because they are awkward dancers.
(b) People will laugh at women their age dancing.
(c) People will laugh because they have no husbands.
(d) People will laugh at their clothes.
2. What does Maggie admire about Brian McGuinness?
(a) His straight nose and muscular shoulders.
(b) His blue eyes and curly hair.
(c) His white hands and long eyelashes.
(d) His military bearing.
3. What does Gerry's customer take from him the day before yesterday?
(a) Four encyclopedias.
(b) Four Bibles.
(c) Four brochures.
(d) Four gramophones.
4. What superstition does Maggie believe?
(a) A broken mirror will bring seven years of bad luck.
(b) A black cat should be avoided.
(c) Never walk under a ladder.
(d) Throw salt over your shoulder if you spill it.
5. What does Maggie like to ask Michael?
(b) Plots of stories he's read.
(d) Personal questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Uncle Jack been gone?
2. How does Kate identify Gerry Evans?
3. What does the Mundy family use as fuel for the stove?
4. What does Chris do that Kate thinks sacrilegious?
5. What does Agnes recommend to fix the radio?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)