|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Uncle Jack been when the story opens?
(a) In a leper colony in Uganda.
(b) In Dublin.
(c) In London.
(d) Working for the British army in East Africa.
2. Why do Maggie and Chris object to Rose seeing Danny Bradley?
(a) He's married.
(b) He's handsome and they're jealous.
(c) He's a drunk.
(d) He's a liar.
3. How does Kate think children should be named?
(a) With the names of movie stars.
(b) With the names of Celtic gods and goddesses.
(c) With the names of grandparents.
(d) With the names of Catholic saints.
4. How does Michael scare Maggie?
(a) Michael pretends to see a snake.
(b) Michael pretends to see a spider.
(c) Michael pretends to see a rat.
(d) Michael pretends to see a mouse.
5. Why does the parish priest tell Kate she may lose her teaching job?
(a) The priest says the number of students is falling.
(b) The priest says the parents object to Kate's methods.
(c) The priest says Kate is getting too old to teach.
(d) The priest says Uncle Jack is a blot on the community.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Gerry Evans going?
2. What do the Mundy sisters name their radio?
3. What unusual stage convention involves the boy Michael?
4. What worries Kate most about losing her job?
5. What dance do Bernie O'Donnell and Maggie compete in?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)