|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerry Evans see on the way to the Mundy house that he thinks is a good omen?
(a) A unicorn.
(b) A leprechaun.
(c) A cow with one horn.
(d) A customer for his gramophones.
2. Why does Chris refuse Gerry Evans' offer?
(a) She believes he would keep her in poverty.
(b) She believes he is already married.
(c) She believes he doesn't love her.
(d) She believes he would walk out on her again.
3. When is La Lughnasa held in the old days?
(a) September first.
(b) August fifteenth.
(c) September thirtieth.
(d) August first.
4. What does Agnes recommend to fix the radio?
(a) Fix the frayed cord.
(b) Turn it off until it cools down.
(c) Move it to another room.
(d) Buy a new battery.
5. How does Gerry Evans react when Chris tells him the family is watching them?
(a) "Shame on them!"
(b) "Let's get out of sight!"
(c) "Better still!"
(d) "They're just jealous!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What language has Uncle Jack been speaking for twenty-five years?
2. Why don't the Mundys speak of Uncle Jack when he is a chaplain for the British army?
3. What do the Mundy sisters name their radio?
4. What is the population of Balleybeg looking forward to?
5. How does Kate identify Gerry Evans?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)