|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lugh?
(a) The neighbor who helps the Mundy family.
(b) The mother of the Mundy family.
(c) The Celtic god of harvest.
(d) The sister who is cognitively impaired.
2. What is Kate determined to do this winter?
(a) Take the bus to town.
(b) Fix up the old bicycle and learn to ride it.
(c) Start riding the horse to town.
(d) Save enough money to buy a car.
3. What does Kate call vulgar language?
(a) Savage language.
(b) Back hill language.
(c) Corner-boy language.
(d) Low-class language.
4. Where has Uncle Jack been when the story opens?
(a) In a leper colony in Uganda.
(b) In London.
(c) In Dublin.
(d) Working for the British army in East Africa.
5. Which of the sisters dances alone?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the storekeeper say the Mundys go through faster than anyone in Ballybeg?
2. What do the characters call movies?
3. Why do the sisters stop dancing?
4. What does Kate bring Chris from town because she is "far too pale?"
5. How many pairs of gloves must the sisters produce this week?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)