|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Okawa?
(a) Uncle Jack's imaginary friend.
(b) Uncle Jack's pet name for Michael.
(c) Uncle Jack's houseboy in Uganda.
(d) Uncle Jack's name in Uganda.
2. What unusual stage convention involves the boy Michael?
(a) The boy Michael is silent.
(b) The boy Michael narrates the play.
(c) The boy Michael is played by an adult.
(d) The boy Michael is invisible, and his lines are said by adult Michael.
3. What is Michael building in the yard?
(a) A birdhouse.
(b) A treehouse.
(d) A fort.
4. From what disease does Uncle Jack suffer?
(b) Dengue fever.
5. What does Kate call the people who live in the back hills?
Short Answer Questions
1. What feeling does the radio create in Michael?
2. When is La Lughnasa held in the old days?
3. Why does Kate object to going to the harvest dance?
4. Which of the sisters dances alone?
5. What does Kate call vulgar language?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)