|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kate determined to do this winter?
(a) Save enough money to buy a car.
(b) Start riding the horse to town.
(c) Fix up the old bicycle and learn to ride it.
(d) Take the bus to town.
2. Which of the sisters is first to stop work and dance to the radio music?
3. Why does Kate object to going to the harvest dance?
(a) People will laugh at their clothes.
(b) People will laugh because they are awkward dancers.
(c) People will laugh at women their age dancing.
(d) People will laugh because they have no husbands.
4. Where is Bernie O'Donnell's husband from?
5. What does Kate bring Chris from town because she is "far too pale?"
(d) Cod-liver oil.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gerry Evans react when Chris tells him the family is watching them?
2. How does Maggie think Gerry Evans looks?
3. Why does Maggie worry when Michael can't be seen?
4. Why don't the Mundys speak of Uncle Jack when he is a chaplain for the British army?
5. Which of the sisters dances alone?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)