|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling does the radio create in Michael?
2. In what year does Dancing at Lughnasa take place?
3. What happens to the Sweeney boy at Lughnasa?
(a) He was ridiculed.
(b) He was burned in effigy.
(c) He was sent home for being too young.
(d) He caught fire.
4. What does Gerry Evans want Chris to do?
(a) Tell Michael about him.
(b) Go to the harvest dance with him.
(c) Run away with him.
(d) Marry him.
5. Why does Kate ask God to forgive her?
(a) For judging her sisters.
(b) For refusing to dance.
(c) For calling Gerry Evans a bastard.
(d) For poisoning the atmosphere in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the sisters refuses to watch Chris dancing with Gerry Evans?
2. How does Kate think children should be named?
3. How old Is Uncle Jack?
4. Why doesn't Gerry Evans bring Michael a bicycle?
5. What does Agnes call her sisters when they dance immodestly?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)