|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the sisters is the most graceful dancer?
2. What shame does Chris bring on the family years before?
(a) She has fought for the British.
(b) She has married a Briton.
(c) She has stolen food for the family.
(d) She has Michael out of wedlock.
3. What infuriates Kate about Gerry Evans?
(a) He doesn't keep a job.
(b) He doesn't support his child.
(c) He doesn't love Chris.
(d) He doesn't come by often.
4. Why does Chris refuse Gerry Evans' offer?
(a) She believes he doesn't love her.
(b) She believes he would walk out on her again.
(c) She believes he is already married.
(d) She believes he would keep her in poverty.
5. What does Danny Bradley call Rose?
(a) Sally Rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie like to ask Michael?
2. How do the sisters feel about Uncle Jack while he is in the leper colony?
3. Which of the sisters dances alone?
4. How old is Michael when this story takes place?
5. How does Kate think children should be named?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)