|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose arrival throws the Mundy household into turmoil?
(a) Bernie O'Donnell.
(b) Gerry Evans.
(c) Uncle Jack.
2. How does Gerry Evans get to Ballybeg?
(a) Gerry Evans walks.
(b) Gerry Evans buys a car.
(c) Gerry Evans gets a ride from a man he meets in a bar.
(d) Gerry Evans buys a bicycle.
3. What does Kate bring Chris from town because she is "far too pale?"
(b) Cod-liver oil.
4. What is the first thing the Mundys listen to on the radio?
(a) Irish dance music.
(b) British news.
(c) Irish news.
(d) British dance music.
5. What dance do Bernie O'Donnell and Maggie compete in?
(a) The polka.
(b) The waltz.
(c) The jitterbug.
(d) The Military Two-step.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the characters call movies?
2. What does Gerry Evans think the radio is when he hears it?
3. What shame does Chris bring on the family years before?
4. Where is Gerry Evans going?
5. When is La Lughnasa held in the old days?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)