|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerry Evans see on the way to the Mundy house that he thinks is a good omen?
(a) A unicorn.
(b) A cow with one horn.
(c) A leprechaun.
(d) A customer for his gramophones.
2. What is Kate's nickname at school?
(a) The mother hen.
(b) The goose.
(c) The turkey.
(d) The gander.
3. What does Kate bring Chris from town because she is "far too pale?"
(a) Cod-liver oil.
4. What is Kate determined to do this winter?
(a) Save enough money to buy a car.
(b) Take the bus to town.
(c) Start riding the horse to town.
(d) Fix up the old bicycle and learn to ride it.
5. What do the back hills people do to celebrate Lughnasa?
(a) Run through a bonfire.
(b) Drive their cattle through a bonfire.
(c) Burn the British in effigy in a bonfire.
(d) Cook around a bonfire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Michael disappointed in Uncle Jack?
2. How do the sisters feel about Uncle Jack while he is in the leper colony?
3. What does Gerry Evans think the radio is when he hears it?
4. How old is Michael when this story takes place?
5. How does Kate think children should be named?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)