|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first proposes that the sisters go to the harvest dance?
2. When is La Lughnasa held in the old days?
(a) August fifteenth.
(b) August first.
(c) September thirtieth.
(d) September first.
3. Which of the sisters dances alone?
4. Why does Kate ask God to forgive her?
(a) For poisoning the atmosphere in the house.
(b) For calling Gerry Evans a bastard.
(c) For refusing to dance.
(d) For judging her sisters.
5. What infuriates Kate about Gerry Evans?
(a) He doesn't love Chris.
(b) He doesn't support his child.
(c) He doesn't come by often.
(d) He doesn't keep a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kate object to going to the harvest dance?
2. What does Agnes recommend to fix the radio?
3. What does the Donegal Enquirer call Uncle Jack?
4. What is the "double blessing" Bernie O'Donnell has?
5. How does Chris heat the iron for their clothes?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)