|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kate ask God to forgive her?
(a) For poisoning the atmosphere in the house.
(b) For refusing to dance.
(c) For judging her sisters.
(d) For calling Gerry Evans a bastard.
2. When is La Lughnasa held in the old days?
(a) September first.
(b) September thirtieth.
(c) August first.
(d) August fifteenth.
3. Which of the sisters is the most graceful dancer?
4. What does the storekeeper say the Mundys go through faster than anyone in Ballybeg?
(b) Corn meal.
(c) Chicken feed.
5. How does Gerry Evans react when Chris tells him the family is watching them?
(a) "Better still!"
(b) "Shame on them!"
(c) "Let's get out of sight!"
(d) "They're just jealous!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerry Evans see on the way to the Mundy house that he thinks is a good omen?
2. To what tune do Gerry Evans and Chris dance?
3. What does Chris want Michael to believe about his father?
4. Why is Michael disappointed in Uncle Jack?
5. What does Kate bring Chris from town because she is "far too pale?"
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)