|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerry Evans think the radio is when he hears it?
(a) A wireless.
(b) A gramophone.
(c) A recording.
(d) A piano.
2. Who is Okawa?
(a) Uncle Jack's houseboy in Uganda.
(b) Uncle Jack's pet name for Michael.
(c) Uncle Jack's name in Uganda.
(d) Uncle Jack's imaginary friend.
3. How do the sisters feel about Uncle Jack while he is in the leper colony?
(a) He is cut off from them.
(b) He is a hero and a saint to them.
(c) He is a mystery to them.
(d) He is a shame and a disgrace to them.
4. What is Wild Woodbine?
5. When is La Lughnasa held in the old days?
(a) August first.
(b) September thirtieth.
(c) August fifteenth.
(d) September first.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Dancing at Lughnasa take place?
2. What happens to the Sweeney boy at Lughnasa?
3. How does Kate think children should be named?
4. To what tune do Gerry Evans and Chris dance?
5. What is the "double blessing" Bernie O'Donnell has?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)