|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Mundy family use as fuel for the stove?
2. How long has Gerry Evans been away?
(a) Thirteen months.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Six months.
(d) A year.
3. Why does the parish priest tell Kate she may lose her teaching job?
(a) The priest says Kate is getting too old to teach.
(b) The priest says the parents object to Kate's methods.
(c) The priest says the number of students is falling.
(d) The priest says Uncle Jack is a blot on the community.
4. Why does Chris refuse Gerry Evans' offer?
(a) She believes he is already married.
(b) She believes he would walk out on her again.
(c) She believes he would keep her in poverty.
(d) She believes he doesn't love her.
5. How does Gerry Evans react when Chris tells him the family is watching them?
(a) "Let's get out of sight!"
(b) "Shame on them!"
(c) "They're just jealous!"
(d) "Better still!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate say is the only thing Gerry Evans does well?
2. Which of the sisters is first to stop work and dance to the radio music?
3. What does Chris hear that Gerry Evans is doing in Dublin?
4. What does Agnes recommend to fix the radio?
5. Why doesn't Gerry Evans bring Michael a bicycle?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)