|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What superstition does Maggie believe?
(a) Never walk under a ladder.
(b) A broken mirror will bring seven years of bad luck.
(c) A black cat should be avoided.
(d) Throw salt over your shoulder if you spill it.
2. Which of the sisters is first to stop work and dance to the radio music?
3. Why does Kate object to going to the harvest dance?
(a) People will laugh because they have no husbands.
(b) People will laugh at women their age dancing.
(c) People will laugh because they are awkward dancers.
(d) People will laugh at their clothes.
4. How long does Gerry Evans think he's been away?
(a) Thirteen months.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Six months.
(d) A year.
5. Who is the joker of the Mundy family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kate ask God to forgive her?
2. What do the Mundy sisters name their radio?
3. How does Chris heat the iron for their clothes?
4. What infuriates Kate about Gerry Evans?
5. What does Kate say is the only thing Gerry Evans does well?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)