|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kate identify Gerry Evans?
(a) Gerry Evans is riding a bicycle.
(b) Gerry Evans carries a suitcase of goods to sell.
(c) Gerry Evans has a walking stick and a straw hat.
(d) Gerry Evans is tall and handsome.
2. How long does Gerry Evans think he's been away?
(a) Thirteen months.
(b) Six months.
(c) A year.
(d) Eighteen months.
3. What unusual stage convention involves the boy Michael?
(a) The boy Michael is silent.
(b) The boy Michael narrates the play.
(c) The boy Michael is played by an adult.
(d) The boy Michael is invisible, and his lines are said by adult Michael.
4. How does Chris heat the iron for their clothes?
(a) On the radiator.
(b) In the stove.
(c) In the fireplace.
(d) On the hearth.
5. Why does Maggie worry when Michael can't be seen?
(a) He could go into town.
(b) He could go to the back hills.
(c) He could go to the woods.
(d) He could go to the old well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris hear that Gerry Evans is doing in Dublin?
2. What does Kate call vulgar language?
3. What worries Kate most about losing her job?
4. What happens to the Sweeney boy at Lughnasa?
5. What feeling does the radio create in Michael?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)