|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the parish priest tell Kate she may lose her teaching job?
(a) The priest says the parents object to Kate's methods.
(b) The priest says Kate is getting too old to teach.
(c) The priest says Uncle Jack is a blot on the community.
(d) The priest says the number of students is falling.
2. How long has Uncle Jack been gone?
(a) Twenty-five years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five years.
3. What do the back hills people do to celebrate Lughnasa?
(a) Drive their cattle through a bonfire.
(b) Run through a bonfire.
(c) Cook around a bonfire.
(d) Burn the British in effigy in a bonfire.
4. What do the people of Ballylbeg plan for Jack?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A public welcome.
(c) A fundraiser.
(d) A bonfire.
5. What infuriates Kate about Gerry Evans?
(a) He doesn't love Chris.
(b) He doesn't come by often.
(c) He doesn't support his child.
(d) He doesn't keep a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mundy family use as fuel for the stove?
2. When is La Lughnasa held in the old days?
3. Who is the joker of the Mundy family?
4. Where is Gerry Evans going?
5. How long does Gerry Evans think he's been away?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)