|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Michael disappointed in Uncle Jack?
(a) Uncle Jack is unkind to the family.
(b) Uncle Jack ignores Michael.
(c) Uncle Jack shouts all the time.
(d) Uncle Jack doesn't look as Michael had imagined him.
2. What does Kate say is the only thing Gerry Evans does well?
(b) Sell merchandise.
(c) Sell himself.
3. Whose arrival throws the Mundy household into turmoil?
(b) Uncle Jack.
(c) Bernie O'Donnell.
(d) Gerry Evans.
4. What does Kate call the people who live in the back hills?
5. How does Jack feel about the Ballybeg climate?
(a) It's cold.
(b) It's perfect.
(c) It's hot.
(d) It's a relief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the sisters refuses to watch Chris dancing with Gerry Evans?
2. Which of the sisters is first to stop work and dance to the radio music?
3. Why does the parish priest tell Kate she may lose her teaching job?
4. How long has Gerry Evans been away?
5. What is the first thing the Mundys listen to on the radio?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)