|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate call vulgar language?
(a) Savage language.
(b) Corner-boy language.
(c) Low-class language.
(d) Back hill language.
2. Who is Bernie O'Donnell?
(a) An old friend of Kate's.
(b) An old friend of Maggie's.
(c) An old friend of Rose's.
(d) An old friend of Agnes's.
3. Why don't the Mundys speak of Uncle Jack when he is a chaplain for the British army?
(a) They don't know where he was.
(b) They are afraid of endangering Uncle Jack.
(c) Kate is in the War of Independence against Britain.
(d) They are angry with him.
4. Why do Maggie and Chris object to Rose seeing Danny Bradley?
(a) He's a drunk.
(b) He's handsome and they're jealous.
(c) He's a liar.
(d) He's married.
5. How old Is Uncle Jack?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerry Evans think the radio is when he hears it?
2. How do the sisters feel about Uncle Jack while he is in the leper colony?
3. Why do the sisters stop dancing?
4. What is Kate determined to do this winter?
5. Why does Rose dance in wellingtons?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)