|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shame does Chris bring on the family years before?
(a) She has fought for the British.
(b) She has stolen food for the family.
(c) She has Michael out of wedlock.
(d) She has married a Briton.
2. What does Chris hear that Gerry Evans is doing in Dublin?
(a) Selling gramophones.
(b) Teaching dance lessons.
(c) Teaching Bible lessons.
(d) Selling encyclopedias.
3. What happens to the Sweeney boy at Lughnasa?
(a) He was burned in effigy.
(b) He was sent home for being too young.
(c) He was ridiculed.
(d) He caught fire.
4. How does Michael scare Maggie?
(a) Michael pretends to see a mouse.
(b) Michael pretends to see a rat.
(c) Michael pretends to see a spider.
(d) Michael pretends to see a snake.
5. What do Agnes and Rose agree to do next Sunday?
(a) Fix Sunday dinner.
(b) Go to church.
(c) Pick berries.
(d) Invite Gerry Evans for a dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does dancing become in Michael's memory?
2. What does Gerry Evans seem to be able to do that no one else in the family can?
3. What does Agnes call her sisters when they dance immodestly?
4. What does Kate call the people who live in the back hills?
5. What does Kate bring Chris from town because she is "far too pale?"
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)