|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Gerry Evans have besides Michael?
2. Why does Kate think Agnes and Rose did not apply to work in the knitting factory?
(a) The sisters were not in robust health.
(b) The sisters could not read the instructions.
(c) Agnes was too notionate to work in a factory.
(d) The sisters had no transportation to the factory.
3. What does Chris do that Kate thinks sacrilegious?
(a) She takes the name of the Lord in vain.
(b) She turns the picture of the saints to the wall.
(c) She shows her legs when she dances.
(d) She wears the surplice she's been ironing.
4. What does Chris want Michael to believe about his father?
(a) That he is trustworthy.
(b) That he is responsible.
(c) That he is handsome.
(d) That he is honorable.
5. How does Uncle Jack feel about multiple wives for one husband?
(a) "I'm completely in favor of it."
(b) "I'm not sure that I'm against it."
(c) "I'm completely against it."
(d) "I'm getting used to it."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerry Evans seem to be able to do that no one else in the family can?
2. How many eggs does Maggie have to feed the people over for dinner in Act 2?
3. What does Chris want Gerry Evans to do for the family?
4. Why doesn't Gerry Evans bring Michael a bicycle?
5. What is Kate's nickname at school?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)