|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first proposes that the sisters go to the harvest dance?
2. Who is Lugh?
(a) The neighbor who helps the Mundy family.
(b) The mother of the Mundy family.
(c) The sister who is cognitively impaired.
(d) The Celtic god of harvest.
3. Why can't Vera McLaughlin work in the new factory?
(a) She's too young.
(b) She's too slow.
(c) She's too old.
(d) She doesn't see well enough.
4. What is the result of Gerry Evans' war injury?
(a) He is paralyzed.
(b) He is unable to walk.
(c) He is unable to dance.
(d) He is unable to work.
5. Why does Maggie worry when Michael can't be seen?
(a) He could go to the back hills.
(b) He could go to the old well.
(c) He could go into town.
(d) He could go to the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Sweeney boy at Lughnasa?
2. Why does Kate object to Gerry Evans going to Spain?
3. What language has Uncle Jack been speaking for twenty-five years?
4. Which of the sisters refuses to watch Chris dancing with Gerry Evans?
5. Where has Uncle Jack been when the story opens?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)