|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the sisters feel about Uncle Jack while he is in the leper colony?
(a) He is a shame and a disgrace to them.
(b) He is a hero and a saint to them.
(c) He is a mystery to them.
(d) He is cut off from them.
2. What does Chris hear that Gerry Evans is doing in Dublin?
(a) Teaching dance lessons.
(b) Selling encyclopedias.
(c) Teaching Bible lessons.
(d) Selling gramophones.
3. What do the back hills people do to celebrate Lughnasa?
(a) Drive their cattle through a bonfire.
(b) Burn the British in effigy in a bonfire.
(c) Cook around a bonfire.
(d) Run through a bonfire.
4. What does Danny Bradley call Rose?
(c) Sally Rose.
5. What do the Mundy sisters name their radio?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kate determined to do this winter?
2. How does Chris heat the iron for their clothes?
3. Whose arrival throws the Mundy household into turmoil?
4. To what tune do Gerry Evans and Chris dance?
5. How long does Gerry Evans think he's been away?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)