|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate call the people who live in the back hills?
2. What does Kate say is the only thing Gerry Evans does well?
(b) Sell merchandise.
(d) Sell himself.
3. What does Maggie admire about Brian McGuinness?
(a) His military bearing.
(b) His white hands and long eyelashes.
(c) His straight nose and muscular shoulders.
(d) His blue eyes and curly hair.
4. Why does the parish priest tell Kate she may lose her teaching job?
(a) The priest says the number of students is falling.
(b) The priest says Uncle Jack is a blot on the community.
(c) The priest says Kate is getting too old to teach.
(d) The priest says the parents object to Kate's methods.
5. What shame does Chris bring on the family years before?
(a) She has fought for the British.
(b) She has stolen food for the family.
(c) She has Michael out of wedlock.
(d) She has married a Briton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerry Evans think the radio is when he hears it?
2. What does Danny Bradley call Rose?
3. In what year does Dancing at Lughnasa take place?
4. What does the storekeeper say the Mundys go through faster than anyone in Ballybeg?
5. What does the Mundy family use as fuel for the stove?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)