|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maggie admire about Brian McGuinness?
(a) His blue eyes and curly hair.
(b) His military bearing.
(c) His straight nose and muscular shoulders.
(d) His white hands and long eyelashes.
2. From what disease does Uncle Jack suffer?
(b) Dengue fever.
3. What does Chris do that Kate thinks sacrilegious?
(a) She shows her legs when she dances.
(b) She turns the picture of the saints to the wall.
(c) She wears the surplice she's been ironing.
(d) She takes the name of the Lord in vain.
4. What unusual stage convention involves the boy Michael?
(a) The boy Michael is silent.
(b) The boy Michael is played by an adult.
(c) The boy Michael is invisible, and his lines are said by adult Michael.
(d) The boy Michael narrates the play.
5. What shame does Chris bring on the family years before?
(a) She has stolen food for the family.
(b) She has Michael out of wedlock.
(c) She has fought for the British.
(d) She has married a Briton.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Michael when this story takes place?
2. Why do Maggie and Chris object to Rose seeing Danny Bradley?
3. What does Maggie like to ask Michael?
4. Which of the sisters refuses to watch Chris dancing with Gerry Evans?
5. What medication does Uncle Jack take?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)