|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pairs of gloves must the sisters produce this week?
(a) One dozen.
(c) Two dozen.
2. What does Kate bring Chris from town because she is "far too pale?"
(a) Cod-liver oil.
3. Why don't the Mundys speak of Uncle Jack when he is a chaplain for the British army?
(a) They are afraid of endangering Uncle Jack.
(b) Kate is in the War of Independence against Britain.
(c) They don't know where he was.
(d) They are angry with him.
4. From what disease does Uncle Jack suffer?
(d) Dengue fever.
5. Why does Chris refuse Gerry Evans' offer?
(a) She believes he is already married.
(b) She believes he doesn't love her.
(c) She believes he would keep her in poverty.
(d) She believes he would walk out on her again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bernie O'Donnell's husband from?
2. What does Chris want Michael to believe about his father?
3. What animals does Maggie feed?
4. What unusual stage convention involves the boy Michael?
5. What dance do Bernie O'Donnell and Maggie compete in?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)