|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the sisters is first to stop work and dance to the radio music?
2. How does Gerry Evans get to Ballybeg?
(a) Gerry Evans gets a ride from a man he meets in a bar.
(b) Gerry Evans walks.
(c) Gerry Evans buys a car.
(d) Gerry Evans buys a bicycle.
3. Why does Kate object to going to the harvest dance?
(a) People will laugh at women their age dancing.
(b) People will laugh at their clothes.
(c) People will laugh because they are awkward dancers.
(d) People will laugh because they have no husbands.
4. Who first proposes that the sisters go to the harvest dance?
5. Where has Uncle Jack been when the story opens?
(a) In London.
(b) In a leper colony in Uganda.
(c) In Dublin.
(d) Working for the British army in East Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the back hills people do to celebrate Lughnasa?
2. Who is the joker of the Mundy family?
3. Where is Bernie O'Donnell's husband from?
4. What gift does Danny Bradley give Rose for Christmas?
5. How does Maggie think Gerry Evans looks?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)