|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gerry Evans get to Ballybeg?
(a) Gerry Evans buys a car.
(b) Gerry Evans gets a ride from a man he meets in a bar.
(c) Gerry Evans walks.
(d) Gerry Evans buys a bicycle.
2. How does Maggie think Gerry Evans looks?
3. What is Kate's nickname at school?
(a) The gander.
(b) The goose.
(c) The mother hen.
(d) The turkey.
4. Who is Lugh?
(a) The Celtic god of harvest.
(b) The sister who is cognitively impaired.
(c) The mother of the Mundy family.
(d) The neighbor who helps the Mundy family.
5. How does Kate think children should be named?
(a) With the names of Celtic gods and goddesses.
(b) With the names of grandparents.
(c) With the names of Catholic saints.
(d) With the names of movie stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kate object to going to the harvest dance?
2. What is the "double blessing" Bernie O'Donnell has?
3. What does Maggie call Michael?
4. Why is Michael disappointed in Uncle Jack?
5. What is Michael building in the yard?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)