|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the back hills people do to celebrate Lughnasa?
(a) Burn the British in effigy in a bonfire.
(b) Drive their cattle through a bonfire.
(c) Cook around a bonfire.
(d) Run through a bonfire.
2. How many pairs of gloves must the sisters produce this week?
(a) One dozen.
(d) Two dozen.
3. How does Gerry Evans get to Ballybeg?
(a) Gerry Evans buys a car.
(b) Gerry Evans walks.
(c) Gerry Evans buys a bicycle.
(d) Gerry Evans gets a ride from a man he meets in a bar.
4. What does Kate call vulgar language?
(a) Low-class language.
(b) Corner-boy language.
(c) Back hill language.
(d) Savage language.
5. What does Kate call the people who live in the back hills?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "double blessing" Bernie O'Donnell has?
2. What does Chris do that Kate thinks sacrilegious?
3. Who is the joker of the Mundy family?
4. What do the characters call movies?
5. Why does Kate ask God to forgive her?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)