|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What superstition does Maggie believe?
(a) Throw salt over your shoulder if you spill it.
(b) A black cat should be avoided.
(c) Never walk under a ladder.
(d) A broken mirror will bring seven years of bad luck.
2. What is Wild Woodbine?
3. How old is Michael when this story takes place?
4. Why doesn't Gerry Evans bring Michael a bicycle?
(a) The one he sees is the wrong color.
(b) The one he sees is too small.
(c) The one he sees is too big.
(d) The one he sees is for girls.
5. What does Gerry Evans see at the Mundy house that he says is a bad omen?
(a) A crow.
(b) A magpie.
(c) A black cat.
(d) A vulture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kate's nickname at school?
2. How does Gerry Evans get to Ballybeg?
3. Why does Kate ask God to forgive her?
4. What do the back hills people do to celebrate Lughnasa?
5. Why does Rose dance in wellingtons?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)