|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Donegal Enquirer call Uncle Jack?
(a) Our own traitor.
(b) A hero to all Ireland.
(c) A disgrace to our country.
(d) Our own leper priest.
2. What gift does Danny Bradley give Rose for Christmas?
(a) A silver rose.
(b) A live fish.
(c) A live rose.
(d) A silver fish.
3. What happens to the Sweeney boy at Lughnasa?
(a) He was sent home for being too young.
(b) He caught fire.
(c) He was burned in effigy.
(d) He was ridiculed.
4. What is Kate determined to do this winter?
(a) Take the bus to town.
(b) Fix up the old bicycle and learn to ride it.
(c) Save enough money to buy a car.
(d) Start riding the horse to town.
5. What is the "double blessing" Bernie O'Donnell has?
(a) Citizenship in two countries.
(b) Twin girls.
(c) Twice as much money.
(d) Twin boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack feel about the Ballybeg climate?
2. What medication does Uncle Jack take?
3. What infuriates Agnes about Kate?
4. Why do the sisters stop dancing?
5. Why does Kate ask God to forgive her?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)