|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the sisters is first to stop work and dance to the radio music?
2. What are the hand knitters in Ballybeg going to do?
(a) Train for different work.
(b) March to protest the new factory.
(c) Ride the bus to work in the factory in Donegal.
(d) Go on public assistance.
3. Why can't Vera McLaughlin work in the new factory?
(a) She's too old.
(b) She doesn't see well enough.
(c) She's too slow.
(d) She's too young.
4. How old Is Uncle Jack?
5. What does Uncle Jack think is good about the multiple-wife system?
(a) Everybody helps everybody else.
(b) It prevents jealousy and spite.
(c) There are more children.
(d) There are no spinsters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie say she would choose if she had to select either a plump old widower or one Wild Woodbine?
2. What work do Rose and Agnes do after they leave Ballybeg?
3. How long does it take Michael to find Agnes and Rose?
4. Why does Kate object to going to the harvest dance?
5. How old is Michael when this story takes place?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)