|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Michael get a letter from another Michael Evans?
(a) In the mid-forties.
(b) In the mid-thirties.
(c) In 1960.
(d) In the mid-fifties.
2. What does Maggie say she would choose if she had to select either a plump old widower or one Wild Woodbine?
(b) The plump old widower.
(d) The Wild Woodbine.
3. What is unusual about the recruiter of which Gerry Evans learns as he writes his name?
(a) The recruiter is blind.
(b) The recruiter is crippled.
(c) The recruiter has only one leg.
(d) The recruiter is a midget.
4. What does Gerry Evans think Agnes should do for a living?
(a) Teach dance.
(b) Knit gloves.
(c) Be a dressmaker.
5. What does Uncle Jack think is good about the multiple-wife system?
(a) Everybody helps everybody else.
(b) It prevents jealousy and spite.
(c) There are more children.
(d) There are no spinsters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Michael building in the yard?
2. What do the Mundy sisters name their radio?
3. What is the result of Gerry Evans' war injury?
4. Who is Gerry Evans imitating when he leaves Ballybeg?
5. What shame does Chris bring on the family years before?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)