|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kate think Agnes and Rose did not apply to work in the knitting factory?
(a) The sisters were not in robust health.
(b) The sisters had no transportation to the factory.
(c) Agnes was too notionate to work in a factory.
(d) The sisters could not read the instructions.
2. Why is Kate offended at Uncle Jack's talk of multiple wives?
(a) Their mother would not have approved.
(b) The pope would not approve.
(c) The parish priest would not approve.
(d) The neighbors would not approve.
3. What feeling does the radio create in Michael?
4. How does Chris earn her living after Uncle Jack dies?
(a) She opens a dressmaker's shop.
(b) In the knitting factory.
(c) She opens a dancing school.
(d) Knitting at home.
5. What does Gerry Evans trade with Uncle Jack?
(b) Walking sticks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kate determined to do this winter?
2. What does Michael say haunts his memory of the thirties?
3. What does Kate call the people who live in the back hills?
4. What is Wild Woodbine?
5. Who does Uncle Jack say brought a woman back from the dead?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)