|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gerry Evans get to Ballybeg?
(a) Gerry Evans buys a car.
(b) Gerry Evans gets a ride from a man he meets in a bar.
(c) Gerry Evans walks.
(d) Gerry Evans buys a bicycle.
2. What is Kate's nickname at school?
(a) The gander.
(b) The goose.
(c) The turkey.
(d) The mother hen.
3. Why does Rose dance in wellingtons?
(a) She can't get the wellingtons off.
(b) Her other shoes are for Sunday.
(c) She has no other shoes.
(d) The wellingtons are more comfortable.
4. Why does Chris refuse Gerry Evans' offer?
(a) She believes he would keep her in poverty.
(b) She believes he is already married.
(c) She believes he doesn't love her.
(d) She believes he would walk out on her again.
5. Why does Gerry Evans say he is going to Spain?
(a) It's somewhere to go.
(b) To fight for democracy.
(c) To earn a living for his family.
(d) To fight to preserve the union.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maggie worry when Michael can't be seen?
2. What do the characters call movies?
3. Why do Maggie and Chris object to Rose seeing Danny Bradley?
4. Why does Rose say she has to leave the berry picking early?
5. What does Gerry Evans say they need to check if the aerial is all right but the radio still won't work?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)