|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why don't the Mundys speak of Uncle Jack when he is a chaplain for the British army?
(a) They don't know where he was.
(b) They are afraid of endangering Uncle Jack.
(c) Kate is in the War of Independence against Britain.
(d) They are angry with him.
2. What infuriates Agnes about Kate?
(a) Kate is a gossip.
(b) Kate doesn't care about Chris's feelings.
(c) Kate judges Gerry Evans.
(d) Kate doesn't care about Michael.
3. What phrase comforts Kate when she thinks of Uncle Jack's pagan worship?
(a) "His own distinctive spiritual search."
(b) "His way of bringing the world together."
(c) "His own way of looking at the world."
(d) "His own ecumenical understanding."
4. What language does the recruiter for the Spanish army speak?
(a) Spanish, from Spain.
(b) Italian, from Europe.
(c) Gaelic, from Ireland.
(d) English, from Armagh.
5. Why does Kate ask God to forgive her?
(a) For refusing to dance.
(b) For judging her sisters.
(c) For calling Gerry Evans a bastard.
(d) For poisoning the atmosphere in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the other Michael Evans live?
2. What does Gerry Evans think Agnes should do for a living?
3. Why does Kate object to Gerry Evans going to Spain?
4. Why do Maggie and Chris object to Rose seeing Danny Bradley?
5. What does Gerry Evans trade with Uncle Jack?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)