|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Maggie compare herself when she dances?
(a) Ann Miller.
(b) Cyd Charisse.
(c) Mae West.
(d) Shirley Temple.
2. What is Michael writing to ask from Santa Claus?
(a) A radio.
(b) A kite.
(c) A bell.
(d) A bicycle.
3. What does Gerry Evans think Agnes should do for a living?
(a) Teach dance.
(c) Be a dressmaker.
(d) Knit gloves.
4. Why does Michael leave the family home when he is old enough?
(a) He is the last one left in the home.
(b) The spirit and fun is gone.
(c) He has to travel for an education.
(d) He gets a job that takes him away.
5. What does Chris think is wrong with the radio?
(a) It's improperly wired.
(b) It's broken.
(c) It's possessed.
(d) It's old.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the sisters feel about Uncle Jack while he is in the leper colony?
2. Where has Uncle Jack been when the story opens?
3. What superstition does Maggie believe?
4. Why does Rose laugh at Agnes while they are picking berries?
5. Why can't Vera McLaughlin work in the new factory?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)