|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kate offended at Uncle Jack's talk of multiple wives?
(a) The pope would not approve.
(b) The neighbors would not approve.
(c) Their mother would not have approved.
(d) The parish priest would not approve.
2. What language has Uncle Jack been speaking for twenty-five years?
3. Which of the sisters refuses to watch Chris dancing with Gerry Evans?
4. What does Gerry Evans seem to be able to do that no one else in the family can?
(a) Fix a meal with only three eggs.
(b) Teach Michael to dance.
(c) Earn a living.
(d) Fix the radio.
5. What do the back hills people do to celebrate Lughnasa?
(a) Drive their cattle through a bonfire.
(b) Cook around a bonfire.
(c) Burn the British in effigy in a bonfire.
(d) Run through a bonfire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Donegal Enquirer call Uncle Jack?
2. What dance do Bernie O'Donnell and Maggie compete in?
3. What infuriates Agnes about Kate?
4. What phrase comforts Kate when she thinks of Uncle Jack's pagan worship?
5. What work do Rose and Agnes do after they leave Ballybeg?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)