|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lugh?
(a) The mother of the Mundy family.
(b) The sister who is cognitively impaired.
(c) The neighbor who helps the Mundy family.
(d) The Celtic god of harvest.
2. What unusual stage convention involves the boy Michael?
(a) The boy Michael is silent.
(b) The boy Michael narrates the play.
(c) The boy Michael is played by an adult.
(d) The boy Michael is invisible, and his lines are said by adult Michael.
3. Why doesn't Gerry Evans bring Michael a bicycle?
(a) The one he sees is for girls.
(b) The one he sees is the wrong color.
(c) The one he sees is too small.
(d) The one he sees is too big.
4. What do the people of Ballylbeg plan for Jack?
(a) A public welcome.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A bonfire.
(d) A fundraiser.
5. What happens to the Sweeney boy at Lughnasa?
(a) He was ridiculed.
(b) He was burned in effigy.
(c) He was sent home for being too young.
(d) He caught fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maggie feel about Michael's kites?
2. What is Kate determined to do this winter?
3. When is La Lughnasa held in the old days?
4. What language has Uncle Jack been speaking for twenty-five years?
5. How does Chris heat the iron for their clothes?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)