|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, what does Maggie think Agnes should do to make a living?
(a) Go to work in the glove factory.
(b) Travel to Dublin and look for work.
(c) Start a dressmaking business.
(d) Gather turf to sell.
2. What does Gerry Evans see at the Mundy house that he says is a bad omen?
(a) A magpie.
(b) A crow.
(c) A vulture.
(d) A black cat.
3. What does Chris want Gerry Evans to do for the family?
(a) Fix the radio.
(b) Dance with the sisters.
(c) Move in with them.
(d) Write to them from Spain.
4. Why doesn't Gerry Evans bring Michael a bicycle?
(a) The one he sees is too big.
(b) The one he sees is too small.
(c) The one he sees is the wrong color.
(d) The one he sees is for girls.
5. Which sister is dead when Michael finds them?
(a) Both were dead when Michael found them.
(c) Neither was dead when Michael found them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work does Kate find after leaving her teaching job?
2. How many husbands does Uncle Jack say he could provide the sisters in Ryanga?
3. How does Michael scare Maggie?
4. What is the result of Gerry Evans' war injury?
5. Why don't the Mundys speak of Uncle Jack when he is a chaplain for the British army?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)