|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Donegal Enquirer call Uncle Jack?
(a) A disgrace to our country.
(b) Our own leper priest.
(c) A hero to all Ireland.
(d) Our own traitor.
2. What does Gerry Evans seem to be able to do that no one else in the family can?
(a) Teach Michael to dance.
(b) Fix the radio.
(c) Fix a meal with only three eggs.
(d) Earn a living.
3. How old is Michael when he receives the letter from the other Michael Evans?
4. What does Gerry Evans promise Michael during each annual visit?
(a) A bell for his bike.
(b) A trip to the city.
(c) A trip to Spain.
(d) A new bike.
5. How does Chris earn her living after Uncle Jack dies?
(a) In the knitting factory.
(b) She opens a dressmaker's shop.
(c) Knitting at home.
(d) She opens a dancing school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael leave the family home when he is old enough?
2. Why does Rose dance in wellingtons?
3. Where does Gerry Evans sign up to join the Spanish army?
4. What is Kate determined to do this winter?
5. Which sister does Gerry Evans dance with first?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)