|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Uncle Jack worship during Mass in Uganda?
(a) The god of casava.
(b) Obi, the goddess of the earth.
(c) The god of yams and wine.
(d) The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
2. Which sister does Gerry Evans dance with first?
3. How does Gerry Evans get to Ballybeg?
(a) Gerry Evans buys a bicycle.
(b) Gerry Evans walks.
(c) Gerry Evans buys a car.
(d) Gerry Evans gets a ride from a man he meets in a bar.
4. What does Uncle Jack remember the children had with scones but never with soda bread?
(c) Bilberry jam.
5. What does Michael say haunts his memory of the thirties?
(a) The love of his mother.
(b) The country atmosphere.
(c) The music.
(d) The personalities of his aunts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael think Agnes and Rose did not apply to work in the knitting factory?
2. When Uncle Jack says "we," to whom does he refer?
3. What does Maggie say she would choose if she had to select either a plump old widower or one Wild Woodbine?
4. Why does Rose say she has to leave the berry picking early?
5. What infuriates Kate about Gerry Evans?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)