|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Uncle Jack been when the story opens?
(a) Working for the British army in East Africa.
(b) In London.
(c) In a leper colony in Uganda.
(d) In Dublin.
2. Why do the sisters stop dancing?
(a) They are embarrassed.
(b) The radio quits.
(c) Uncle Jack stops them.
(d) They are worn out.
3. How does Chris earn her living after Uncle Jack dies?
(a) She opens a dancing school.
(b) Knitting at home.
(c) She opens a dressmaker's shop.
(d) In the knitting factory.
4. What does Gerry Evans say they need to check if the aerial is all right but the radio still won't work?
(a) The dials.
(b) The battery.
(c) The electric cord.
(d) The ignition.
5. How does Chris heat the iron for their clothes?
(a) On the radiator.
(b) In the stove.
(c) On the hearth.
(d) In the fireplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first proposes that the sisters go to the harvest dance?
2. What is the name of the village where the Mundys live?
3. Why does Kate ask God to forgive her?
4. In what year does Dancing at Lughnasa take place?
5. What does Kate call the people who live in the back hills?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)