|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose say happened to the boy who was burned at the Lughnasa festival?
(a) He will be paralyzed.
(b) He died.
(c) He's recovering.
(d) He will be crippled.
2. Who does Uncle Jack worship during Mass in Uganda?
(a) Obi, the goddess of the earth.
(b) The god of yams and wine.
(c) The god of casava.
(d) The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
3. What unusual stage convention involves the boy Michael?
(a) The boy Michael is played by an adult.
(b) The boy Michael is silent.
(c) The boy Michael is invisible, and his lines are said by adult Michael.
(d) The boy Michael narrates the play.
4. What does Kate say the radio has done to the country?
(a) Helped people have fun.
(b) Killed Christian conversation.
(c) Destroyed family togetherness.
(d) Encouraged rowdiness.
5. Why is Gerry Evans in the tree in Act 2?
(a) He's rescuing Michael's kite.
(b) He's building a tree house for Michael.
(c) He's trying to trick Agnes.
(d) He's trying to fix the antenna.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maggie worry when Michael can't be seen?
2. Where is Bernie O'Donnell's husband from?
3. What work does Kate find after leaving her teaching job?
4. Why does Michael say the characters dance with their eyes half closed?
5. How does Chris earn her living after Uncle Jack dies?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)