|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling does the radio create in Michael?
2. What does Michael say the characters in the play respond to more than the beat of the music?
(a) The sweetness of the music.
(b) The mood of the music.
(c) The enchantment of the music.
(d) The lyrics of the music.
3. What are the hand knitters in Ballybeg going to do?
(a) Go on public assistance.
(b) Train for different work.
(c) March to protest the new factory.
(d) Ride the bus to work in the factory in Donegal.
4. What does Rose wear that is unusual for berry picking?
(a) Her wellingtons.
(b) Her wraparound dress.
(c) Her house apron.
(d) Her Sunday shoes.
5. What unusual stage convention involves the boy Michael?
(a) The boy Michael narrates the play.
(b) The boy Michael is silent.
(c) The boy Michael is invisible, and his lines are said by adult Michael.
(d) The boy Michael is played by an adult.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Michael when this story takes place?
2. What does Maggie admire about Brian McGuinness?
3. What does Uncle Jack remember the children had with scones but never with soda bread?
4. Where is Bernie O'Donnell's husband from?
5. How does Gerry Evans react when Chris tells him the family is watching them?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)