|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kate object to Gerry Evans going to Spain?
(a) He'll be fighting allies of Ireland.
(b) He'll be fighting for godless Communism.
(c) He'll be putting their income at risk.
(d) He'll be fighting for democracy.
2. What does Maggie say she would choose if she had to select either a plump old widower or one Wild Woodbine?
(b) The plump old widower.
(c) The Wild Woodbine.
3. In Act 2, what does Maggie think Agnes should do to make a living?
(a) Travel to Dublin and look for work.
(b) Go to work in the glove factory.
(c) Start a dressmaking business.
(d) Gather turf to sell.
4. Which of the sisters refuses to watch Chris dancing with Gerry Evans?
5. What does Chris do that Kate thinks sacrilegious?
(a) She wears the surplice she's been ironing.
(b) She takes the name of the Lord in vain.
(c) She shows her legs when she dances.
(d) She turns the picture of the saints to the wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feeling does the radio create in Michael?
2. What does Michael say language surrenders to in music?
3. To whom does Maggie compare herself when she dances?
4. When Uncle Jack says "we," to whom does he refer?
5. Why is Michael disappointed in Uncle Jack?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)