* The play begins and ends with a formal tableau, in which adult Michael explains his memories of the summer of 1936.
* The family gets their first wireless set that summer.
* They name the radio Marconi because the name is on the set.
* Three weeks later, Uncle Jack returns from 25 years in an African leper colony.
* The boy Michael observes his father, Gerry Evans, for the first time.
* In the first scene, Chris scrutinizes herself in a mirror and decides she needs makeup and hair color.
* Agnes warns her that Kate will think she's making a pagan of herself.
* Chris irons Uncle Jack's surplice and thinks it would make a nice dress.
* Rose dances around the room - the first of many dances in the play.
* We learn that Uncle Jack was in Uganda.
* Maggie sings a political tune advising the Irish to vote for De Valera or end...
This section contains 1,739 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)