|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does the city of Valier hope to have eventually?
2. What is the name of the newspaper in Gros Ventre in 1907?
3. What is the name of Toussaint's wife?
4. How many sheep do Rob and Angus lose during a three-day blizzard?
5. What type of jewelry does Anna wear to the dance at Angus's schoolhouse in 1897?
Short Essay Questions
1. In June of 1897, why does Rob ask Angus to take an excursion with him?
2. Why does Stanley Meixell come to Montana?
3. How will the boundary of the national forest be delineated and patrolled?
4. What does Angus believe it will be like to add a second person to his household?
5. Why does Angus have to receive coal on Sunday for the schoolhouse?
6. What does Rob have that he thinks will help him and Angus win a shearing contest in 1897?
7. How does Angus describe Margaret and Peter Ramsey?
8. Why does it seem to Angus that sometimes he sees more of Scorpion than he sees of his new wife?
9. What history does Toussaint tell Rob and Angus about Badger Creek?
10. Whose well-being did Rob have in mind when he suggested that Angus get groceries?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Angus becomes the South Fork teacher, he faces some challenges. Discuss the challenges Angus faces as teacher at South Fork.
Essay Topic 2
After twenty-four years, Rob and Angus dissolve their partnership. Discuss their disagreements and why they dissolve their partnership.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Angus's life in Nethermuir and the events that cause his life to change direction.
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)