|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what town in Scotland did Anna Ramsay and her family come from?
2. In early 1891, where does Rob think they can get more hay if they add another thousand sheep to their flock?
3. What is the name of Fritz Hahn's dog?
4. What does Ninian Duff bring to the valley that quickly whitens the walls in Scotch Heaven households?
5. What is the name of Rob's uncle's mine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why isn't Angus able to sleep on water?
2. What is some of the first work that Rob and Angus get done on their homesteads?
3. What does the steward have to say when he comes to steerage to talk with the passengers?
4. Why don't Rob and Angus eat some of their sheep during the long winter of early 1891?
5. How do Angus and Rob have to travel to Gros Ventre to find Lucas?
6. Why do Ninian, Donald, Archie, and Willy come to see Angus one evening?
7. What are the benefits and problems of raising sheep?
8. What progress does Angus describe that occurs in 1891?
9. When Rob becomes interested in Nancy, how does Lucas solve that problem?
10. Why do the bumboats dock against the steamship Rob and Angus are taking to America?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the influenza epidemic and how it affected Scotch Heaven.
Essay Topic 2
Adair does what she can to make the partnership with Lucas's sheep work. Discuss why and how Adair tries to make the partnership work between herself, Rob, and Angus with Lucas's sheep.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Lucas's death and how he tries to reconcile Rob and Angus even from the grave.
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)