|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color eyes does Lucas have?
2. How long after Rob's father dies does his mother also die?
3. What bird do Rob and Angus see when they find Tom Mortensen dead near his chopping block?
4. What is the name of the horse that falls into the water and drowns as Rob and Angus are boarding a ship for America?
5. When Angus left Scotland, how long had it been since Alexander McCaskill helped to build a lighthouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. In 1890, why does Rob say there will be a year of good luck when Angus comes inside near midnight?
2. What does the steward have to say when he comes to steerage to talk with the passengers?
3. What progress does Angus describe that occurs in 1891?
4. What advice does "Crofutt's Trans-Atlantic Emigrants" Guide give individuals who are considering emigrating?
5. Why don't Rob and Angus eat some of their sheep during the long winter of early 1891?
6. How do Angus and Rob have to travel to Gros Ventre to find Lucas?
7. When Rob becomes interested in Nancy, how does Lucas solve that problem?
8. How do Rob and Angus claim the land that they want to homestead?
9. How are Rob and Angus listed on the passenger list of the James Watt?
10. Why is a vendor selling limes to passengers on Rob's and Angus's ship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Rob and Angus find Lucas, they discover that he is handicapped. Discuss Lucas and his handicap and how he deals with his handicap.
Essay Topic 2
Angus is forced to spend time alone at the homestead while Varick is in school and Adair stays with him. Discuss how and why Angus struggles with his time alone.
Essay Topic 3
After twenty-four years, Rob and Angus dissolve their partnership. Discuss their disagreements and why they dissolve their partnership.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)