Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alexander McCaskill, Angus's great-grandfather, help to build?
2. From what town in Scotland did Anna Ramsay and her family come from?
3. What is the name of the horse that falls into the water and drowns as Rob and Angus are boarding a ship for America?
4. Where did Lucas's partner, Johnny Dorgan, take Lucas when he got hurt in a mining accident?
5. When do Rob and Judith marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were Adair and Angus torn about whether Varick would stay in the camps or go to France to fight?
2. How does Rob die?
3. What advice does "Crofutt's Trans-Atlantic Emigrants" Guide give individuals who are considering emigrating?
4. What are the boundaries of the Two Medicine National Forest?
5. Why is Angus glad to see it snow in May of 1899?
6. How does Angus describe the men that Judith had to choose from as a husband?
7. How does Varick do at school?
8. What toast does Rob give Angus when he marries Adair?
9. How do Rob and Angus claim the land that they want to homestead?
10. When Rob becomes interested in Nancy, how does Lucas solve that problem?
Discuss the relationship between Angus and Anna Ramsay.
After Rob marries Judith, Angus considers marriage. Discuss how Angus's thoughts about marriage after Rob married Judith.
As the years pass, Angus sees shades of change everywhere that he looks. Discuss the changes that Angus sees in Scotch Heaven and the areas around him.
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)