|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of trees are near the Noon Creek school?
2. How many houses are in the North Folk valley by the end of 1891?
3. What does Ninian Duff bring to the valley that quickly whitens the walls in Scotch Heaven households?
4. What color uniforms do the crew wear on the ship Rob and Angus take to America?
5. When was the Starvation Winter as the Blackfeet called it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lucas lose his hands?
2. How do Rob and Angus decide whose house to build first?
3. Why isn't Angus able to sleep on water?
4. How does Susan Duff stop Daniel Rozier from putting garter snakes in the girls' outhouse at South Fork school?
5. What advice does "Crofutt's Trans-Atlantic Emigrants" Guide give individuals who are considering emigrating?
6. What does Angus tell about his family?
7. When Rob becomes interested in Nancy, how does Lucas solve that problem?
8. Describe Anna Ramsay.
9. Why do Ninian, Donald, Archie, and Willy come to see Angus one evening?
10. How do Angus and Rob have to travel to Gros Ventre to find Lucas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The men of Scotch Heaven learn that the land where they have pastured there sheep is going to become a national forest. Discuss the national forest and reactions to the idea.
Essay Topic 2
When they marry, both Angus and Adair want children, soon and several. Discuss the importance of children to Angus and Adair.
Essay Topic 3
When Angus becomes the South Fork teacher, he faces some challenges. Discuss the challenges Angus faces as teacher at South Fork.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)