|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much larger is New York city than Glasgow?
2. In 1897, how much does lambs' wool rise in price?
3. When some of the children are late for school the first day that Angus teaches, which of the children gives an excuse for their tardiness?
4. How long after Rob's father dies does his mother also die?
5. How many sheep do Rob and Lucas have by the fall of 1896?
Short Essay Questions
1. What family does Rob leave behind in Nethermuir?
2. In 1890, why does Rob say there will be a year of good luck when Angus comes inside near midnight?
3. Why is a vendor selling limes to passengers on Rob's and Angus's ship?
4. Why do Ninian, Donald, Archie, and Willy come to see Angus one evening?
5. Why in 1893, does the South Fork need a school teacher when the school year is close to beginning?
6. How are Rob and Angus listed on the passenger list of the James Watt?
7. What does the steward have to say when he comes to steerage to talk with the passengers?
8. When Rob becomes interested in Nancy, how does Lucas solve that problem?
9. How did Lucas lose his hands?
10. How do Rob and Angus claim the land that they want to homestead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the influenza epidemic and how it affected Scotch Heaven.
Essay Topic 2
As the years pass, Angus sees shades of change everywhere that he looks. Discuss the changes that Angus sees in Scotch Heaven and the areas around him.
Essay Topic 3
Adair does what she can to make the partnership with Lucas's sheep work. Discuss why and how Adair tries to make the partnership work between herself, Rob, and Angus with Lucas's sheep.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)