|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Angus meet Anna Ramsay?
2. How old was Angus when his father died?
3. In 1897, how much does lambs' wool rise in price?
4. When does a chinook arrive in1891?
5. What was the name of the teacher who taught before Angus takes over the classroom at South Fork?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Varick hurt his eye?
2. Why don't Rob and Angus eat some of their sheep during the long winter of early 1891?
3. How are Rob and Angus listed on the passenger list of the James Watt?
4. How do Angus and Rob divide up their assets when they dissolve their partnership?
5. Why does Adair want Angus to get a house in town?
6. What toast does Rob give Angus when he marries Adair?
7. What are the boundaries of the Two Medicine National Forest?
8. How do Rob and Angus claim the land that they want to homestead?
9. How does Varick do at school?
10. What did Angus's father's grandfather, Alexander McCaskill, help to build?
Essay Topic 1
When Angus becomes the South Fork teacher, he faces some challenges. Discuss the challenges Angus faces as teacher at South Fork.
Essay Topic 2
The men of Scotch Heaven learn that the land where they have pastured there sheep is going to become a national forest. Discuss the national forest and reactions to the idea.
Essay Topic 3
Adair does what she can to make the partnership with Lucas's sheep work. Discuss why and how Adair tries to make the partnership work between herself, Rob, and Angus with Lucas's sheep.
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)