|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Rob's uncle's mine?
2. How long after Rob's father dies does his mother also die?
3. Whose portraits hang in the South Fork school?
4. How old was Angus when his father died?
5. Near where does the steward have the passengers throw their straw mattresses overboard?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Angus and Rob have to travel to Gros Ventre to find Lucas?
2. What are the benefits and problems of raising sheep?
3. How do Rob and Angus decide whose house to build first?
4. Why do Ninian, Donald, Archie, and Willy come to see Angus one evening?
5. What advice does "Crofutt's Trans-Atlantic Emigrants" Guide give individuals who are considering emigrating?
6. Why is a vendor selling limes to passengers on Rob's and Angus's ship?
7. What family does Rob leave behind in Nethermuir?
8. Describe Anna Ramsay.
9. How does Angus describe the men that Judith had to choose from as a husband?
10. How did Lucas lose his hands?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the climate and weather in western Montana where Angus and Rob homestead and how the weather and climate affect their lives.
Essay Topic 2
Adair does what she can to make the partnership with Lucas's sheep work. Discuss why and how Adair tries to make the partnership work between herself, Rob, and Angus with Lucas's sheep.
Essay Topic 3
Angus is forced to spend time alone at the homestead while Varick is in school and Adair stays with him. Discuss how and why Angus struggles with his time alone.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)