|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the ship that Rob and Angus are taking to America pick up Irish passengers?
2. When does Angus meet Anna Ramsay?
3. Where do the Speddersons come from before settling in Montana?
4. How many houses are in the North Folk valley by the end of 1891?
5. What is a horse and cart conveying when the horse falls into the water near the Greenock dock?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why don't Rob and Angus eat some of their sheep during the long winter of early 1891?
2. How did Lucas lose his hands?
3. What does the steward have to say when he comes to steerage to talk with the passengers?
4. What advice does "Crofutt's Trans-Atlantic Emigrants" Guide give individuals who are considering emigrating?
5. What progress does Angus describe that occurs in 1891?
6. How are Rob and Angus listed on the passenger list of the James Watt?
7. How do Rob and Angus decide whose house to build first?
8. How does Angus describe the men that Judith had to choose from as a husband?
9. Why isn't Angus able to sleep on water?
10. How do Angus and Rob have to travel to Gros Ventre to find Lucas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Angus becomes the South Fork teacher, he faces some challenges. Discuss the challenges Angus faces as teacher at South Fork.
Essay Topic 2
After Rob marries Judith, Angus considers marriage. Discuss how Angus's thoughts about marriage after Rob married Judith.
Essay Topic 3
As Angus prepares to board the ship to emigrate to America, he begins to have second thoughts about his decision to leave Scotland. Discuss why Angus is having second thoughts about leaving Scotland.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)