|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject in which the Findlaters do well?
2. What subject do Angus and most of his pupils struggle to learn together?
3. What is the name of Rob's uncle's mine?
4. What type of a church is in Gros Ventre?
5. How old was Angus when his mother died?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Susan Duff stop Daniel Rozier from putting garter snakes in the girls' outhouse at South Fork school?
2. What does Angus tell about his family?
3. What are the benefits and problems of raising sheep?
4. How are Rob and Angus listed on the passenger list of the James Watt?
5. What is some of the first work that Rob and Angus get done on their homesteads?
6. How did Lucas lose his hands?
7. Why in 1893, does the South Fork need a school teacher when the school year is close to beginning?
8. Why do Ninian, Donald, Archie, and Willy come to see Angus one evening?
9. In 1890, why does Rob say there will be a year of good luck when Angus comes inside near midnight?
10. How do Rob and Angus decide whose house to build first?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Angus begins teaching at South Fork, the boys keep knocking over the girls' outhouse. Discuss why the boys begin knocking over the outhouse and how Angus stops them from knocking it over.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Angus and Anna Ramsay.
Essay Topic 3
Rob and Angus learn that trying to control a thousand sheep on a new range is like trying to herd water. Discuss pros and cons of sheep herding.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)