|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1897, how much does lambs' wool rise in price?
2. How much do the passengers have to pay for mattress, tin, and soap on board ship?
3. What type of meat do Rob and Angus eat during the winter of 1890-91?
4. Whose portraits hang in the South Fork school?
5. What killed Angus's father and mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lucas lose his hands?
2. Why don't Rob and Angus eat some of their sheep during the long winter of early 1891?
3. What answer does Anna give Angus when he asks her to marry him at the end of the school year?
4. What does Rob have that he thinks will help him and Angus win a shearing contest in 1897?
5. Why does Adair want Angus to get a house in town?
6. What progress does Angus describe that occurs in 1891?
7. How do Angus and Rob divide up their assets when they dissolve their partnership?
8. How does Angus describe Margaret and Peter Ramsey?
9. How does Varick hurt his eye?
10. Why does Angus have to receive coal on Sunday for the schoolhouse?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Angus's and Adair's marriage.
Essay Topic 2
Angus is forced to spend time alone at the homestead while Varick is in school and Adair stays with him. Discuss how and why Angus struggles with his time alone.
Essay Topic 3
Rob and Angus learn that trying to control a thousand sheep on a new range is like trying to herd water. Discuss pros and cons of sheep herding.
This section contains 1,180 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)