|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose portraits hang in the South Fork school?
2. How long has it been since Rob has seen his Uncle Lucas?
3. What subject do Angus and most of his pupils struggle to learn together?
4. What simile does Angus use to compare the darkness of the night on board ship?
5. Where do the Speddersons come from before settling in Montana?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is a vendor selling limes to passengers on Rob's and Angus's ship?
2. How does Angus describe the men that Judith had to choose from as a husband?
3. Why isn't Angus able to sleep on water?
4. How do Angus and Rob have to travel to Gros Ventre to find Lucas?
5. What does Angus tell about his family?
6. What progress does Angus describe that occurs in 1891?
7. Why do the bumboats dock against the steamship Rob and Angus are taking to America?
8. How do Rob and Angus decide whose house to build first?
9. How does Susan Duff stop Daniel Rozier from putting garter snakes in the girls' outhouse at South Fork school?
10. Why don't Rob and Angus eat some of their sheep during the long winter of early 1891?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As Angus prepares to board the ship to emigrate to America, he begins to have second thoughts about his decision to leave Scotland. Discuss why Angus is having second thoughts about leaving Scotland.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the influenza epidemic and how it affected Scotch Heaven.
Essay Topic 3
After twenty-four years, Rob and Angus dissolve their partnership. Discuss their disagreements and why they dissolve their partnership.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)