|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much do the passengers have to pay for mattress, tin, and soap on board ship?
2. Where is Rob's Uncle's mine located?
3. How old is Gram Erskine when she dies?
4. Where did the founder of Gros Ventre come from and go back to?
5. From what town in Scotland did Anna Ramsay and her family come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Angus tell about his family?
2. What progress does Angus describe that occurs in 1891?
3. How do Rob and Angus decide whose house to build first?
4. How are Rob and Angus listed on the passenger list of the James Watt?
5. How does Susan Duff stop Daniel Rozier from putting garter snakes in the girls' outhouse at South Fork school?
6. What family does Rob leave behind in Nethermuir?
7. What advice does "Crofutt's Trans-Atlantic Emigrants" Guide give individuals who are considering emigrating?
8. In 1890, why does Rob say there will be a year of good luck when Angus comes inside near midnight?
9. Describe Anna Ramsay.
10. Why do Ninian, Donald, Archie, and Willy come to see Angus one evening?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In 1890, Angus and Rob choose the land that they are going to homestead. Discuss homestead claims relating to the legalities of homesteading and the homesteads that Rob and Angus choose.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the influenza epidemic and how it affected Scotch Heaven.
Essay Topic 3
Adair does what she can to make the partnership with Lucas's sheep work. Discuss why and how Adair tries to make the partnership work between herself, Rob, and Angus with Lucas's sheep.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)