|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Angus when his father died?
2. What type of trees are near the Noon Creek school?
3. What subject do Angus and most of his pupils struggle to learn together?
4. How old is Rob's sister, Adair, when he leaves for America?
5. What is the name of the horse that falls into the water and drowns as Rob and Angus are boarding a ship for America?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Rob and Angus claim the land that they want to homestead?
2. Why in 1893, does the South Fork need a school teacher when the school year is close to beginning?
3. What is Leftover Day?
4. What is some of the first work that Rob and Angus get done on their homesteads?
5. When Rob and Angus eat supper with Toussaint and his family, where does everyone eat?
6. What does Angus tell about his family?
7. In 1890, why does Rob say there will be a year of good luck when Angus comes inside near midnight?
8. Why do the bumboats dock against the steamship Rob and Angus are taking to America?
9. What does Gros Ventre look like in 1907?
10. When Anna passes through the area where Angus is shearing, why does she stay in his camp for the night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Adair does what she can to make the partnership with Lucas's sheep work. Discuss why and how Adair tries to make the partnership work between herself, Rob, and Angus with Lucas's sheep.
Essay Topic 2
As Angus prepares to board the ship to emigrate to America, he begins to have second thoughts about his decision to leave Scotland. Discuss why Angus is having second thoughts about leaving Scotland.
Essay Topic 3
After twenty-four years, Rob and Angus dissolve their partnership. Discuss their disagreements and why they dissolve their partnership.
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)