|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rob and Judith name their first child?
2. What does Anna Ramsay ask Angus to bring her?
3. When does Montana become a state?
4. What is the name of the driver of the freight wagon that takes Angus and Rob to Gros Ventre?
5. What color uniforms do the crew wear on the ship Rob and Angus take to America?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Angus's father's grandfather, Alexander McCaskill, help to build?
2. What does the steward have to say when he comes to steerage to talk with the passengers?
3. How do Angus and Rob have to travel to Gros Ventre to find Lucas?
4. Why isn't Angus able to sleep on water?
5. What is some of the first work that Rob and Angus get done on their homesteads?
6. How does Susan Duff stop Daniel Rozier from putting garter snakes in the girls' outhouse at South Fork school?
7. How are Rob and Angus listed on the passenger list of the James Watt?
8. Why don't Rob and Angus eat some of their sheep during the long winter of early 1891?
9. What family does Rob leave behind in Nethermuir?
10. What does Angus tell about his family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Angus begins teaching at South Fork, the boys keep knocking over the girls' outhouse. Discuss why the boys begin knocking over the outhouse and how Angus stops them from knocking it over.
Essay Topic 2
Rob and Angus learn that trying to control a thousand sheep on a new range is like trying to herd water. Discuss pros and cons of sheep herding.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Angus and Anna Ramsay.
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)