|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does a chinook arrive in1891?
2. How tall was the lighthouse that Alexander McCaskill helped to build?
3. How old was Angus when his father died?
4. Near where does the steward have the passengers throw their straw mattresses overboard?
5. When do Rob and Judith marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Rob becomes interested in Nancy, how does Lucas solve that problem?
2. How are Rob and Angus listed on the passenger list of the James Watt?
3. Describe Anna Ramsay.
4. What family does Rob leave behind in Nethermuir?
5. How did Lucas lose his hands?
6. What advice does "Crofutt's Trans-Atlantic Emigrants" Guide give individuals who are considering emigrating?
7. How do Rob and Angus decide whose house to build first?
8. Why is a vendor selling limes to passengers on Rob's and Angus's ship?
9. How does Angus describe the men that Judith had to choose from as a husband?
10. What does Angus tell about his family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The men of Scotch Heaven learn that the land where they have pastured there sheep is going to become a national forest. Discuss the national forest and reactions to the idea.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Angus's and Adair's marriage.
Essay Topic 3
After twenty-four years, Rob and Angus dissolve their partnership. Discuss their disagreements and why they dissolve their partnership.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)