|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lucas's partner, Johnny Dorgan, take Lucas when he got hurt in a mining accident?
2. How tall was the lighthouse that Alexander McCaskill helped to build?
3. Where did the founder of Gros Ventre come from and go back to?
4. How much larger is New York city than Glasgow?
5. What is the name of Rob's uncle's mine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the steward have to say when he comes to steerage to talk with the passengers?
2. What did Angus's father's grandfather, Alexander McCaskill, help to build?
3. Why in 1893, does the South Fork need a school teacher when the school year is close to beginning?
4. Why don't Rob and Angus eat some of their sheep during the long winter of early 1891?
5. Why do Ninian, Donald, Archie, and Willy come to see Angus one evening?
6. Why is a vendor selling limes to passengers on Rob's and Angus's ship?
7. How do Rob and Angus claim the land that they want to homestead?
8. What is some of the first work that Rob and Angus get done on their homesteads?
9. Why isn't Angus able to sleep on water?
10. What advice does "Crofutt's Trans-Atlantic Emigrants" Guide give individuals who are considering emigrating?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As the years pass, Angus sees shades of change everywhere that he looks. Discuss the changes that Angus sees in Scotch Heaven and the areas around him.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Angus and Anna Ramsay.
Essay Topic 3
After twenty-four years, Rob and Angus dissolve their partnership. Discuss their disagreements and why they dissolve their partnership.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)