|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Montana become a state?
2. What is the name of Fritz Hahn's dog?
3. What type of trees does Angus see when the storm lets up as they are traveling to Gros Ventre?
4. What bird do Rob and Angus see when they find Tom Mortensen dead near his chopping block?
5. How long has it been since Rob has seen his Uncle Lucas?
Short Essay Questions
1. In 1890, why does Rob say there will be a year of good luck when Angus comes inside near midnight?
2. What is some of the first work that Rob and Angus get done on their homesteads?
3. Describe Anna Ramsay.
4. Why isn't Angus able to sleep on water?
5. What does the steward have to say when he comes to steerage to talk with the passengers?
6. Why do the bumboats dock against the steamship Rob and Angus are taking to America?
7. How do Angus and Rob have to travel to Gros Ventre to find Lucas?
8. Why do Ninian, Donald, Archie, and Willy come to see Angus one evening?
9. How do Rob and Angus decide whose house to build first?
10. How does Susan Duff stop Daniel Rozier from putting garter snakes in the girls' outhouse at South Fork school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Rob marries Judith, Angus considers marriage. Discuss how Angus's thoughts about marriage after Rob married Judith.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Lucas's death and how he tries to reconcile Rob and Angus even from the grave.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the climate and weather in western Montana where Angus and Rob homestead and how the weather and climate affect their lives.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)