|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the pony that Varick rides to school?
2. In June of 1897, what does Rob tell Angus he has to pick up at the railroad?
(a) Sewing machine.
(b) A plow.
(c) A scythe.
(d) Cream separator.
3. What are the names of the horses that Adair drives hitched to the wagon in May 1898?
(a) Patches and Mars.
(b) Meggie and Morgan.
(c) Jupiter and Beastie.
(d) Charlie and Chance.
4. During the winter of 1897 when George Frew went for some supplies, what did Adair ask him to get?
(a) Deck of cards.
(c) Dried peaches.
(d) Darning thread.
5. Where were the wool shears made that Rob showed Angus before Leftover Day?
(a) Rotherham, England.
(b) Swinton, England.
(c) Sheffield, England.
(d) Mansfield, England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ranch has range land right before the valley of Noon Creek?
2. How many sheep do Rob and Angus lose during a three-day blizzard?
3. With a man from what tribe did a Blackfeet Indian get an arrowhead in his ribcage according to Toussaint?
4. Who puts cows near Rob's and Angus's summer pasture?
5. What color skirt does Anna wear to the dance at Angus's schoolhouse in 1897?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Leftover Day?
2. How does Varick get sick every winter?
3. Why does Stanley Meixell come to Montana?
4. What history does Toussaint tell Rob and Angus about Badger Creek?
5. What toast does Rob give Angus when he marries Adair?
6. How does Varick do at school?
7. Why does it seem to Angus that sometimes he sees more of Scorpion than he sees of his new wife?
8. What does Angus believe it will be like to add a second person to his household?
9. How will the boundary of the national forest be delineated and patrolled?
10. When Rob and Angus eat supper with Toussaint and his family, where does everyone eat?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)