|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Angus's and Adair's son born?
(a) February 5, 1900.
(b) November 11, 1899.
(c) January 15, 1900.
(d) December 9, 1899.
2. What does Varick drink at the Medicine Lodge when Angus goes to talk with Lucas about the national forest?
(a) Root beer.
3. Where were the wool shears made that Rob showed Angus before Leftover Day?
(a) Swinton, England.
(b) Rotherham, England.
(c) Sheffield, England.
(d) Mansfield, England.
4. What year does Angus call the year of fire?
5. Where does Rob's oldest daughter, Ellen, work?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At a millinery shop.
(c) At a bakery.
(d) At a mercantile.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Anna tells Angus that she is marrying Isaac Reese does Angus marry Adair?
2. What building burns in Gros Ventre?
3. What is the name of George Frew's wife?
4. How old is Varick when he can ride a horse as well as Angus can?
5. Who helps Angus clean the school room for a dance in 1897?
Short Essay Questions
1. What answer does Anna give Angus when he asks her to marry him at the end of the school year?
2. What history does Toussaint tell Rob and Angus about Badger Creek?
3. Does seeing Anna unattainable heal Angus's pang for her or make it worse?
4. What does Angus believe it will be like to add a second person to his household?
5. Why does Stanley Meixell come to Montana?
6. How has Williamson been overusing the land?
7. Why does it seem to Angus that sometimes he sees more of Scorpion than he sees of his new wife?
8. Why does Angus have to receive coal on Sunday for the schoolhouse?
9. What is Leftover Day?
10. When Rob and Angus eat supper with Toussaint and his family, where does everyone eat?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)