|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Angus tell Adair that lambing season lasts?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 8 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 7 weeks.
2. In 1897, who is the fiddler for the dance at the South Fork schoolhouse?
(a) Tom Mortensen.
(b) Willy Hahn.
(c) George Frew.
(d) Ninian Duff.
3. How old is Varick when he can ride a horse as well as Angus can?
4. How long does Angus tell Adair that they fires might burn?
(d) Labor Day.
5. At the South Fork schoolhouse dance in 1897, who says that he brought the Ramsey along to translate?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Davie Erskine was dragged by a horse does Adair have a miscarriage?
2. How old is Varick when Angus finds him down under the workhorses at their oat trough?
3. What color hair does the minister have who marries Angus and Adair?
4. When is Angus's and Adair's son born?
5. What color shirtwaist does Anna wear to the dance at South Fork schoolhouse in 1897?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does it seem to Angus that sometimes he sees more of Scorpion than he sees of his new wife?
2. What does Angus believe it will be like to add a second person to his household?
3. What history does Toussaint tell Rob and Angus about Badger Creek?
4. Whose well-being did Rob have in mind when he suggested that Angus get groceries?
5. Why won't Anna marry Angus?
6. How has Williamson been overusing the land?
7. Why is Angus glad to see it snow in May of 1899?
8. How does Angus describe Margaret and Peter Ramsey?
9. Does seeing Anna unattainable heal Angus's pang for her or make it worse?
10. How will the boundary of the national forest be delineated and patrolled?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)