|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Rob's and Angus's lambs travel after they are sold?
(a) St. Louis.
(c) Kansas City.
2. How old is Varick when he can ride a horse as well as Angus can?
3. Who is the first person that Lucas dances with at the dance at the South Fork schoolhouse in 1897?
4. Who is the first person that Angus dances with at the South Fork schoolhouse dance in 1897?
5. Who puts cows near Rob's and Angus's summer pasture?
(a) Bar H.
(c) Double W.
(d) Tilting T.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Angus tell Adair that they fires might burn?
2. Who is asked to sing during a dancing exhibition at the South Fork schoolhouse dance in 1897?
3. What type of cookies does Nancy have at her house when Angus goes to talk with Lucas about the national forest?
4. What year does Angus call the year of fire?
5. Who serves as doctor and swabs on disinfectant whenever a sheep is nicked by the blades?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does seeing Anna unattainable heal Angus's pang for her or make it worse?
2. How does Varick hurt his eye?
3. When Rob and Angus eat supper with Toussaint and his family, where does everyone eat?
4. How does Varick do at school?
5. Why does Angus have to receive coal on Sunday for the schoolhouse?
6. How has Williamson been overusing the land?
7. What does Rob have that he thinks will help him and Angus win a shearing contest in 1897?
8. What toast does Rob give Angus when he marries Adair?
9. Why won't Anna marry Angus?
10. What is Leftover Day?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)