|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which winter do Rob and Angus suffer a bad loss during a three-day blizzard?
2. What type of jewelry does Anna wear to the dance at Angus's schoolhouse in 1897?
(a) Ivory brooch.
(b) Gold brooch.
3. When Angus comes home late from trying to persuade Ninian to buy some books for the school, what does Adair break?
4. How many fleeces fit into each woolsack?
(a) 50 or 55.
(b) 20 or 30.
(c) 15 or 20.
(d) 35 or 40.
5. How old is Varick when Angus finds him down under the workhorses at their oat trough?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of George Frew's wife?
2. Who is the midwife when Adair gives birth to her son?
3. When does Meixel want to talk to the community about the national forest?
4. Where were Anna and Isaac married?
5. How large is the blister that Angus gets during the 1897 shearing contest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose well-being did Rob have in mind when he suggested that Angus get groceries?
2. What does Angus believe it will be like to add a second person to his household?
3. How does Varick get sick every winter?
4. Why does Stanley Meixell come to Montana?
5. What toast does Rob give Angus when he marries Adair?
6. Does seeing Anna unattainable heal Angus's pang for her or make it worse?
7. How will the boundary of the national forest be delineated and patrolled?
8. How does Varick hurt his eye?
9. What is Leftover Day?
10. Why does it seem to Angus that sometimes he sees more of Scorpion than he sees of his new wife?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)