|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the pony that Varick rides to school?
2. What type of meat does Toussaint's wife fix for Rob and Angus?
3. Who serves as doctor and swabs on disinfectant whenever a sheep is nicked by the blades?
(a) Donald Erskine.
(b) Archie Findlater.
(c) Davie Erskine.
(d) Ninian Duff.
4. Who puts cows near Rob's and Angus's summer pasture?
(a) Bar H.
(c) Tilting T.
(d) Double W.
5. What are the names of the horses that Adair drives hitched to the wagon in May 1898?
(a) Patches and Mars.
(b) Jupiter and Beastie.
(c) Charlie and Chance.
(d) Meggie and Morgan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angus scatter on the floor of the South Fork schoolhouse the night of the dance in 1897?
2. How long after Anna tells Angus that she is marrying Isaac Reese does Angus marry Adair?
3. What is the name of the newspaper in Gros Ventre in 1907?
4. What color horse does Stanley Meixell ride?
5. How long after Davie Erskine was dragged by a horse does Adair have a miscarriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. In June of 1897, why does Rob ask Angus to take an excursion with him?
2. How does Varick hurt his eye?
3. How has Williamson been overusing the land?
4. Why does it seem to Angus that sometimes he sees more of Scorpion than he sees of his new wife?
5. What are the boundaries of the Two Medicine National Forest?
6. Does seeing Anna unattainable heal Angus's pang for her or make it worse?
7. Why does Angus have to receive coal on Sunday for the schoolhouse?
8. What answer does Anna give Angus when he asks her to marry him at the end of the school year?
9. How does Varick do at school?
10. Whose well-being did Rob have in mind when he suggested that Angus get groceries?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)