|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the horses that Adair drives hitched to the wagon in May 1898?
(a) Meggie and Morgan.
(b) Charlie and Chance.
(c) Patches and Mars.
(d) Jupiter and Beastie.
2. In 1897, when do Angus and Rob bring their sheep down from the mountains?
(a) September 2.
(b) August 31.
(c) August 15.
(d) September 5.
3. How long does Angus tell Adair that lambing season lasts?
(a) 7 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 8 weeks.
4. Who does Angus get to help Adair when she is pregnant?
(a) Betsy Frew.
(b) Rachel Erskine.
(c) Jenny Findlater.
(d) Susan Duff.
5. What winter does Toussaint call the winter they ate with the axe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of cookies does Nancy have at her house when Angus goes to talk with Lucas about the national forest?
2. When is Angus's and Adair's son born?
3. Who serves as doctor and swabs on disinfectant whenever a sheep is nicked by the blades?
4. When does Adair have a second miscarriage?
5. When Angus takes groceries to Judith, how much longer will it be before he and Rob bring the sheep down from the pastures?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stanley Meixell come to Montana?
2. What does Gros Ventre look like in 1907?
3. Why does Angus have to receive coal on Sunday for the schoolhouse?
4. How will the boundary of the national forest be delineated and patrolled?
5. When Rob and Angus eat supper with Toussaint and his family, where does everyone eat?
6. How does Angus describe Margaret and Peter Ramsey?
7. Whose well-being did Rob have in mind when he suggested that Angus get groceries?
8. Why is Angus glad to see it snow in May of 1899?
9. What history does Toussaint tell Rob and Angus about Badger Creek?
10. What does Angus believe it will be like to add a second person to his household?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)