|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What winter does Toussaint call the winter they ate with the axe?
2. Who is the pair to beat when it comes to shearing contests?
(a) Archie Findlater and Ninian Duff.
(b) Willy Hahn and Tom Mortensen.
(c) Rob Barclay and Angust McCaskill.
(d) George and Allan Frew.
3. What type of jam does Angus compare Isaac Reese to?
4. How many fleeces fit into each woolsack?
(a) 50 or 55.
(b) 20 or 30.
(c) 35 or 40.
(d) 15 or 20.
5. In 1897, who is the fiddler for the dance at the South Fork schoolhouse?
(a) Tom Mortensen.
(b) George Frew.
(c) Willy Hahn.
(d) Ninian Duff.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1897, what books does Angus try to persuade Ninian to buy?
2. With a man from what tribe did a Blackfeet Indian get an arrowhead in his ribcage according to Toussaint?
3. Who serves as doctor and swabs on disinfectant whenever a sheep is nicked by the blades?
4. How many people does the city of Valier hope to have eventually?
5. Who is the first person that Lucas dances with at the dance at the South Fork schoolhouse in 1897?
Short Essay Questions
1. What answer does Anna give Angus when he asks her to marry him at the end of the school year?
2. Why does Stanley Meixell come to Montana?
3. Does seeing Anna unattainable heal Angus's pang for her or make it worse?
4. How has Williamson been overusing the land?
5. What toast does Rob give Angus when he marries Adair?
6. Why is Angus glad to see it snow in May of 1899?
7. When Rob and Angus eat supper with Toussaint and his family, where does everyone eat?
8. Why does it seem to Angus that sometimes he sees more of Scorpion than he sees of his new wife?
9. What is Leftover Day?
10. How does Varick do at school?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)