|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does lambing season begin in 1898?
2. Who is the midwife when Adair gives birth to her son?
(a) Mavis Frew.
(b) Flora Duff.
(c) Judith Barclay.
(d) Grace Findlater.
3. From where is the minister from who marries Angus and Adair?
(a) Gros Ventre.
4. Who is the pair to beat when it comes to shearing contests?
(a) Rob Barclay and Angust McCaskill.
(b) Archie Findlater and Ninian Duff.
(c) George and Allan Frew.
(d) Willy Hahn and Tom Mortensen.
5. When Angus comes home late from trying to persuade Ninian to buy some books for the school, what does Adair break?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the newspaper in Gros Ventre in 1907?
2. What is the name of the pony that Varick rides to school?
3. Who is the first person to get an automobile in Scotch Heaven?
4. How large is the blister that Angus gets during the 1897 shearing contest?
5. How many teachers does the town of Valier have?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Rob and Angus eat supper with Toussaint and his family, where does everyone eat?
2. Does seeing Anna unattainable heal Angus's pang for her or make it worse?
3. Whose well-being did Rob have in mind when he suggested that Angus get groceries?
4. How does Varick hurt his eye?
5. How does Varick do at school?
6. What history does Toussaint tell Rob and Angus about Badger Creek?
7. How has Williamson been overusing the land?
8. What are the boundaries of the Two Medicine National Forest?
9. Why does it seem to Angus that sometimes he sees more of Scorpion than he sees of his new wife?
10. Why does Stanley Meixell come to Montana?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)