|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anna's mother's name?
2. How old is Adair when she comes to Montana?
3. Who teaches Varick to swim?
4. What winter does Toussaint call the winter they ate with the axe?
5. What type of cookies does Nancy have at her house when Angus goes to talk with Lucas about the national forest?
(a) Sugar cookies.
(b) Shortbread cookies.
(c) Molasses cookies.
(d) Ginger cookies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color horse does Stanley Meixell ride?
2. What type of jam does Angus compare Isaac Reese to?
3. How large is the blister that Angus gets during the 1897 shearing contest?
4. Which winter do Rob and Angus suffer a bad loss during a three-day blizzard?
5. When does a forest ranger come to establish national forests west of Angus's place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose well-being did Rob have in mind when he suggested that Angus get groceries?
2. Why is Angus glad to see it snow in May of 1899?
3. Why does Angus have to receive coal on Sunday for the schoolhouse?
4. How will the boundary of the national forest be delineated and patrolled?
5. What history does Toussaint tell Rob and Angus about Badger Creek?
6. How are the prices of wool and lambs in 1897?
7. How has Williamson been overusing the land?
8. Why does it seem to Angus that sometimes he sees more of Scorpion than he sees of his new wife?
9. What are the boundaries of the Two Medicine National Forest?
10. How does Varick hurt his eye?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)