|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is usually Angus's job on shearing day?
(c) Gate man.
2. What is the name of Toussaint's wife?
3. What color skirt does Anna wear to the dance at Angus's schoolhouse in 1897?
4. At the South Fork schoolhouse dance in 1897, who says that he brought the Ramsey along to translate?
5. Who is the pair to beat when it comes to shearing contests?
(a) Rob Barclay and Angust McCaskill.
(b) George and Allan Frew.
(c) Archie Findlater and Ninian Duff.
(d) Willy Hahn and Tom Mortensen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of meat does Toussaint's wife fix for Rob and Angus?
2. How old is Adair when she comes to Montana?
3. Who serves as doctor and swabs on disinfectant whenever a sheep is nicked by the blades?
4. Who puts cows near Rob's and Angus's summer pasture?
5. Who is the first person that Lucas dances with at the dance at the South Fork schoolhouse in 1897?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Leftover Day?
2. How does Varick get sick every winter?
3. What are the boundaries of the Two Medicine National Forest?
4. What does Angus believe it will be like to add a second person to his household?
5. What answer does Anna give Angus when he asks her to marry him at the end of the school year?
6. In June of 1897, why does Rob ask Angus to take an excursion with him?
7. How has Williamson been overusing the land?
8. What does Rob have that he thinks will help him and Angus win a shearing contest in 1897?
9. How does Angus describe Margaret and Peter Ramsey?
10. How will the boundary of the national forest be delineated and patrolled?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)