|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who puts cows near Rob's and Angus's summer pasture?
(a) Bar H.
(b) Tilting T.
(d) Double W.
2. How large is the blister that Angus gets during the 1897 shearing contest?
(a) Size of a half dollar.
(b) Size of a silver dollar.
(c) Size of a penny.
(d) Size of a nickel.
3. In 1897, who is the fiddler for the dance at the South Fork schoolhouse?
(a) Tom Mortensen.
(b) Willy Hahn.
(c) Ninian Duff.
(d) George Frew.
4. How many children do Anna and Isaac have?
5. What does Angus scatter on the floor of the South Fork schoolhouse the night of the dance in 1897?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Rob's and Angus's lambs travel after they are sold?
2. When does lambing season begin in 1898?
3. Who teaches Varick to swim?
4. What type of meat does Toussaint's wife fix for Rob and Angus?
5. What color horse does Stanley Meixell ride?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Varick hurt his eye?
2. Why does it seem to Angus that sometimes he sees more of Scorpion than he sees of his new wife?
3. Why is Angus glad to see it snow in May of 1899?
4. What toast does Rob give Angus when he marries Adair?
5. How has Williamson been overusing the land?
6. Why won't Anna marry Angus?
7. What answer does Anna give Angus when he asks her to marry him at the end of the school year?
8. What is Leftover Day?
9. What does Gros Ventre look like in 1907?
10. Why does Angus have to receive coal on Sunday for the schoolhouse?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)