|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color eyes does Lucas have?
2. Where is Rob's Uncle's mine located?
(b) Gros Ventre.
(d) Great Falls.
3. When does Angus meet Anna Ramsay?
(a) March 18, 1897.
(b) April 20, 1897.
(c) June 15, 1897.
(d) May 3, 1897.
4. What bird do Rob and Angus see when they find Tom Mortensen dead near his chopping block?
5. Where does the ship that Rob and Angus are taking to America pick up Irish passengers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What simile does Angus use to compare the darkness of the night on board ship?
2. When do Angus and Rob learn that Lucas has sent money to Scotland for Christmas 1889?
3. How long does a homesteader have to prove his land?
4. What type of trees does Angus see when the storm lets up as they are traveling to Gros Ventre?
5. How old was Angus when his father died?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Rob and Angus listed on the passenger list of the James Watt?
2. What advice does "Crofutt's Trans-Atlantic Emigrants" Guide give individuals who are considering emigrating?
3. How does Susan Duff stop Daniel Rozier from putting garter snakes in the girls' outhouse at South Fork school?
4. Why in 1893, does the South Fork need a school teacher when the school year is close to beginning?
5. What are the benefits and problems of raising sheep?
6. Why is a vendor selling limes to passengers on Rob's and Angus's ship?
7. Describe Anna Ramsay.
8. When Rob becomes interested in Nancy, how does Lucas solve that problem?
9. In 1890, why does Rob say there will be a year of good luck when Angus comes inside near midnight?
10. How does Angus describe the men that Judith had to choose from as a husband?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)