|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Rob's father dies does his mother also die?
(a) About two years.
(b) A year and a half.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 3 years.
2. In 1890, where do Rob, Angus and other settlers spend the last day of the old year?
3. When does a chinook arrive in1891?
4. How many sheep do Rob and Lucas have by the fall of 1896?
5. Near where does the steward have the passengers throw their straw mattresses overboard?
(b) Sandy Hook.
(d) Bay Shore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Davy say a song is from that he sings in the classroom?
2. What does Ninian Duff bring to the valley that quickly whitens the walls in Scotch Heaven households?
3. Where do the Speddersons come from before settling in Montana?
4. How much larger is Montana than Scotland?
5. When Angus left Scotland, how long had it been since Alexander McCaskill helped to build a lighthouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Rob and Angus claim the land that they want to homestead?
2. When Rob becomes interested in Nancy, how does Lucas solve that problem?
3. How are Rob and Angus listed on the passenger list of the James Watt?
4. What advice does "Crofutt's Trans-Atlantic Emigrants" Guide give individuals who are considering emigrating?
5. Describe Anna Ramsay.
6. What are the benefits and problems of raising sheep?
7. What does Angus tell about his family?
8. In 1890, why does Rob say there will be a year of good luck when Angus comes inside near midnight?
9. What does the steward have to say when he comes to steerage to talk with the passengers?
10. How does Susan Duff stop Daniel Rozier from putting garter snakes in the girls' outhouse at South Fork school?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)