|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Rob's father dies does his mother also die?
(a) 18 months.
(b) A year and a half.
(c) 3 years.
(d) About two years.
2. What color uniforms do the crew wear on the ship Rob and Angus take to America?
3. What is the subject in which the Findlaters do well?
4. What time of year does Gram Erskine die?
5. What simile does Angus use to compare the darkness of the night on board ship?
(a) The basement of his house.
(b) A cave.
(c) A cloudy night.
(d) Inside of a cow's stomach.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many houses are in the North Folk valley by the end of 1891?
2. What do Rob and Judith name their first child?
3. What type of trees does Angus see when the storm lets up as they are traveling to Gros Ventre?
4. When was the Starvation Winter as the Blackfeet called it?
5. When do Rob and Judith marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the benefits and problems of raising sheep?
2. How do Rob and Angus claim the land that they want to homestead?
3. How do Rob and Angus decide whose house to build first?
4. What is some of the first work that Rob and Angus get done on their homesteads?
5. How does Angus describe the men that Judith had to choose from as a husband?
6. How are Rob and Angus listed on the passenger list of the James Watt?
7. How do Angus and Rob have to travel to Gros Ventre to find Lucas?
8. What does the steward have to say when he comes to steerage to talk with the passengers?
9. What did Angus's father's grandfather, Alexander McCaskill, help to build?
10. How does Susan Duff stop Daniel Rozier from putting garter snakes in the girls' outhouse at South Fork school?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)