|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1897, how much does lambs' wool rise in price?
(a) 18 cents.
(b) 20 cents.
(c) 12 1/2 cents.
(d) 15 1/2 cents.
2. From what town in Scotland did Anna Ramsay and her family come from?
3. In 1890, where do Rob, Angus and other settlers spend the last day of the old year?
4. How old was Angus when his father died?
5. From January 10 to January 22, 1891, what does the thermometer never rise above?
(a) 15 below zero.
(b) 20 below zero.
(c) 10 below zero.
(d) 5 below zero.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of year does Gram Erskine die?
2. What does Ninian Duff bring to the valley that quickly whitens the walls in Scotch Heaven households?
3. When do Rob and Angus leave for America?
4. In early 1891, where does Rob think they can get more hay if they add another thousand sheep to their flock?
5. How many houses are in the North Folk valley by the end of 1891?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Rob and Angus claim the land that they want to homestead?
2. Why isn't Angus able to sleep on water?
3. What progress does Angus describe that occurs in 1891?
4. What advice does "Crofutt's Trans-Atlantic Emigrants" Guide give individuals who are considering emigrating?
5. What does the steward have to say when he comes to steerage to talk with the passengers?
6. What family does Rob leave behind in Nethermuir?
7. Why don't Rob and Angus eat some of their sheep during the long winter of early 1891?
8. Why in 1893, does the South Fork need a school teacher when the school year is close to beginning?
9. Why is a vendor selling limes to passengers on Rob's and Angus's ship?
10. How does Angus describe the men that Judith had to choose from as a husband?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)