|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of cookies does Nancy have at her house when Angus goes to talk with Lucas about the national forest?
(a) Ginger cookies.
(b) Molasses cookies.
(c) Sugar cookies.
(d) Shortbread cookies.
2. Which winter do Rob and Angus suffer a bad loss during a three-day blizzard?
3. Where do Rob's and Angus's lambs travel after they are sold?
(b) St. Louis.
(d) Kansas City.
4. What color skirt does Anna wear to the dance at Angus's schoolhouse in 1897?
5. When is Angus's and Adair's son born?
(a) December 9, 1899.
(b) November 11, 1899.
(c) January 15, 1900.
(d) February 5, 1900.
6. What does Angus scatter on the floor of the South Fork schoolhouse the night of the dance in 1897?
7. In June of 1897, what does Rob tell Angus he has to pick up at the railroad?
(a) Sewing machine.
(b) A plow.
(c) A scythe.
(d) Cream separator.
8. What is Anna's mother's name?
9. When does a forest ranger come to establish national forests west of Angus's place?
10. How old is Varick when Angus finds him down under the workhorses at their oat trough?
11. Who is the first person that Angus dances with at the South Fork schoolhouse dance in 1897?
12. What is the name of Toussaint's wife?
13. Where does Rob's oldest daughter, Ellen, work?
(a) At a mercantile.
(b) At a bakery.
(c) At a millinery shop.
(d) At a restaurant.
14. How old is Varick when he can ride a horse as well as Angus can?
15. How many sheep do Rob and Angus lose during a three-day blizzard?
(a) Almost a quarter of them.
(b) About half of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days after Anna turned him down, does Angus ask Adair to marry him?
2. In 1897, what books does Angus try to persuade Ninian to buy?
3. What is the name of the newspaper in Gros Ventre in 1907?
4. What is usually Angus's job on shearing day?
5. When does Meixel want to talk to the community about the national forest?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)