|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of George Frew's wife?
2. What is the name of the pony that Varick rides to school?
3. What color skirt does Anna wear to the dance at Angus's schoolhouse in 1897?
4. Who serves as doctor and swabs on disinfectant whenever a sheep is nicked by the blades?
(a) Davie Erskine.
(b) Archie Findlater.
(c) Ninian Duff.
(d) Donald Erskine.
5. How many children do Anna and Isaac have?
6. Who teaches Varick to swim?
7. When Angus takes groceries to Judith, how much longer will it be before he and Rob bring the sheep down from the pastures?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
8. What winter does Toussaint call the winter they ate with the axe?
9. How long after Davie Erskine was dragged by a horse does Adair have a miscarriage?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 weeks.
10. What does Varick drink at the Medicine Lodge when Angus goes to talk with Lucas about the national forest?
(d) Root beer.
11. Where do Rob's and Angus's lambs travel after they are sold?
(a) Kansas City.
(c) St. Louis.
12. Who is the pair to beat when it comes to shearing contests?
(a) George and Allan Frew.
(b) Archie Findlater and Ninian Duff.
(c) Rob Barclay and Angust McCaskill.
(d) Willy Hahn and Tom Mortensen.
13. In 1897, what books does Angus try to persuade Ninian to buy?
(a) Spelling books.
(b) Arithmetic books.
(c) Reading books.
(d) Geography books.
14. What is the name of the newspaper in Gros Ventre in 1907?
(c) Daily News.
15. Who puts cows near Rob's and Angus's summer pasture?
(a) Double W.
(b) Bar H.
(d) Tilting T.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is asked to sing during a dancing exhibition at the South Fork schoolhouse dance in 1897?
2. Who helps Angus clean the school room for a dance in 1897?
3. How many teachers does the town of Valier have?
4. What are the names of the horses that Adair drives hitched to the wagon in May 1898?
5. Who is the first person to get an automobile in Scotch Heaven?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)