|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the wool from Rob's and Angus's sheep travel after the sheep are sheared?
(a) Rhode Island.
(b) New Jersey.
2. From where is the minister from who marries Angus and Adair?
(a) Gros Ventre.
3. How many days after Anna turned him down, does Angus ask Adair to marry him?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 7 days.
4. In 1897, who is the fiddler for the dance at the South Fork schoolhouse?
(a) Willy Hahn.
(b) Tom Mortensen.
(c) George Frew.
(d) Ninian Duff.
5. What color skirt does Anna wear to the dance at Angus's schoolhouse in 1897?
6. Which winter do Rob and Angus suffer a bad loss during a three-day blizzard?
7. Who teaches Varick to swim?
8. Who is the first person to get an automobile in Scotch Heaven?
9. What is the name of the newspaper in Gros Ventre in 1907?
(d) Daily News.
10. Who is the midwife when Adair gives birth to her son?
(a) Flora Duff.
(b) Judith Barclay.
(c) Grace Findlater.
(d) Mavis Frew.
11. How long does Angus tell Adair that they fires might burn?
(c) Labor Day.
12. What color horse does Stanley Meixell ride?
(b) Blue Roan.
(c) Dapple Grey.
13. What type of meat does Toussaint's wife fix for Rob and Angus?
14. Where were the wool shears made that Rob showed Angus before Leftover Day?
(a) Sheffield, England.
(b) Swinton, England.
(c) Rotherham, England.
(d) Mansfield, England.
15. What is the name of a town that is built by irrigation?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sheep do Rob and Angus lose during a three-day blizzard?
2. Where do Rob's and Angus's lambs travel after they are sold?
3. How long after Anna tells Angus that she is marrying Isaac Reese does Angus marry Adair?
4. What is the name of George Frew's wife?
5. What is Anna's mother's name?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)