|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much larger is Montana than Scotland?
(a) 7 times.
(b) 5 times.
(c) 6 times.
(d) 4 times.
2. What color hair does Anna Ramsay have?
3. What is a horse and cart conveying when the horse falls into the water near the Greenock dock?
4. How old is Rob's sister, Adair, when he leaves for America?
5. How old was Angus when his mother died?
6. What type of trees does Angus see when the storm lets up as they are traveling to Gros Ventre?
7. When does Angus meet Anna Ramsay?
(a) April 20, 1897.
(b) June 15, 1897.
(c) May 3, 1897.
(d) March 18, 1897.
8. What is the name of Fritz Hahn's dog?
9. Where do the Speddersons come from before settling in Montana?
(c) South Carolina.
10. When does Montana become a state?
(a) November 8, 1889.
(b) June 8, 1886.
(c) October 11, 1888.
(d) March 5, 1887.
11. When Angus left Scotland, how long had it been since Alexander McCaskill helped to build a lighthouse?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 70 years.
(c) 60 years.
(d) 80 years.
12. Who is president of the United States that first year that Rob and Angus are homesteading?
(d) Van Buren.
13. In 1890, where do Rob, Angus and other settlers spend the last day of the old year?
14. How old are Rob and Angus when they leave Scotland?
15. What is the name of the horse that falls into the water and drowns as Rob and Angus are boarding a ship for America?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna Ramsay ask Angus to bring her?
2. How much is a shilling worth in American money when Angus and Rob emigrate?
3. How much larger is New York city than Glasgow?
4. From January 10 to January 22, 1891, what does the thermometer never rise above?
5. When was the Starvation Winter as the Blackfeet called it?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)