|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair does Anna Ramsay have?
2. What simile does Angus use to compare the darkness of the night on board ship?
(a) Inside of a cow's stomach.
(b) A cave.
(c) A cloudy night.
(d) The basement of his house.
3. How much larger is Montana than Scotland?
(a) 7 times.
(b) 5 times.
(c) 6 times.
(d) 4 times.
4. What year is Angus asked to teach school?
5. How many stars does the American flag have on it that flies in Gros Ventre?
6. Where does Angus find work in Helena?
(a) Browning's Mercantile.
(b) Cariston's Mercantile.
(c) Smithson's Mercantile.
(d) McAngus's Mercantile.
7. How long has it been since Rob has seen his Uncle Lucas?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 8 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 7 years.
8. What is the name of Fritz Hahn's dog?
9. What is the name of the horse that falls into the water and drowns as Rob and Angus are boarding a ship for America?
10. In 1897, how much does lambs' wool rise in price?
(a) 20 cents.
(b) 15 1/2 cents.
(c) 12 1/2 cents.
(d) 18 cents.
11. What do Rob and Judith name their first child?
12. How old was Angus when his mother died?
13. How much do the passengers have to pay for mattress, tin, and soap on board ship?
(a) 4 shillings.
(b) 5 shillings.
(c) 2 shillings.
(d) 3 shillings.
14. Where does the ship that Rob and Angus are taking to America pick up Irish passengers?
15. Where did Lucas's partner, Johnny Dorgan, take Lucas when he got hurt in a mining accident?
(a) Fort Robinson.
(b) Fort Benton.
(c) Fort Davis.
(d) Fort Shaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the founder of Gros Ventre come from and go back to?
2. What is the name of Rob's uncle's mine?
3. Whose portraits hang in the South Fork school?
4. How long does a homesteader have to prove his land?
5. What type of trees does Angus see when the storm lets up as they are traveling to Gros Ventre?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)