|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Rob's father dies does his mother also die?
(a) A year and a half.
(b) 3 years.
(c) About two years.
(d) 18 months.
2. Where does Angus find work in Helena?
(a) Smithson's Mercantile.
(b) Browning's Mercantile.
(c) Cariston's Mercantile.
(d) McAngus's Mercantile.
3. In 1897, how much does lambs' wool rise in price?
(a) 15 1/2 cents.
(b) 12 1/2 cents.
(c) 20 cents.
(d) 18 cents.
4. During their first year on their homesteads, when does Angus first see frost?
5. What is the name of Rob's uncle's mine?
(a) Great Maybe.
(b) Silver Bell.
(c) Last Chance.
(d) Granite Mountain.
6. Where do the Speddersons come from before settling in Montana?
(a) South Carolina.
7. When does Montana become a state?
(a) November 8, 1889.
(b) March 5, 1887.
(c) October 11, 1888.
(d) June 8, 1886.
8. How old is Rob's sister, Adair, when he leaves for America?
9. What type of trees does Angus see when the storm lets up as they are traveling to Gros Ventre?
10. What do Rob and Judith name their first child?
11. When do Rob and Angus leave for America?
12. What is the subject in which the Findlaters do well?
13. How old is Gram Erskine when she dies?
(a) Almost 80.
(b) Nearly 90.
14. How much larger is Montana than Scotland?
(a) 4 times.
(b) 7 times.
(c) 6 times.
(d) 5 times.
15. How old was Angus when his mother died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What killed Angus's father and mother?
2. Whose portraits hang in the South Fork school?
3. How many stars does the American flag have on it that flies in Gros Ventre?
4. How old was Angus when his father died?
5. When some of the children are late for school the first day that Angus teaches, which of the children gives an excuse for their tardiness?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)