|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 'Steaders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of George Frew's wife?
2. Who serves as doctor and swabs on disinfectant whenever a sheep is nicked by the blades?
(a) Donald Erskine.
(b) Ninian Duff.
(c) Archie Findlater.
(d) Davie Erskine.
3. How much do the passengers have to pay for mattress, tin, and soap on board ship?
(a) 5 shillings.
(b) 3 shillings.
(c) 2 shillings.
(d) 4 shillings.
4. Where did Lucas's partner, Johnny Dorgan, take Lucas when he got hurt in a mining accident?
(a) Fort Benton.
(b) Fort Robinson.
(c) Fort Shaw.
(d) Fort Davis.
5. During the winter of 1897 when George Frew went for some supplies, what did Adair ask him to get?
(a) Dried peaches.
(b) Deck of cards.
(c) Darning thread.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much larger is Montana than Scotland?
2. What is the name of the newspaper in Gros Ventre in 1907?
3. How old is Varick when he can ride a horse as well as Angus can?
4. How old is Rob's sister, Adair, when he leaves for America?
5. Who is the first person that Angus dances with at the South Fork schoolhouse dance in 1897?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)