|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scotch Heaven, Pages 88 Through 140.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is Angus asked to teach school?
2. When does Montana become a state?
(a) October 11, 1888.
(b) March 5, 1887.
(c) June 8, 1886.
(d) November 8, 1889.
3. How long does a homesteader have to prove his land?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 10 years.
4. Where did the founder of Gros Ventre come from and go back to?
5. What did Alexander McCaskill, Angus's great-grandfather, help to build?
(a) Rattray Head lighthouse.
(b) Bell Rock lighthouse.
(c) Lismore Lighthouse.
(d) Ardnamurchan Lighthouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does Archie Findlater lose half his band of sheep to a blizzard?
2. In early 1891, where does Rob think they can get more hay if they add another thousand sheep to their flock?
3. During their first year on their homesteads, when does Angus first see frost?
4. What is the name of the horse that falls into the water and drowns as Rob and Angus are boarding a ship for America?
5. In 1890, where do Rob, Angus and other settlers spend the last day of the old year?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)