Scotland and Helena; Gros Ventre
• Angus McCaskill and Rob Barclay board a ship in Scotland for a journey across the Atlantic to America.
• When Angus sees a dead horse at the dock, he wonders if that is a bad omen.
• Rob believes that they would be fine as long as someone doesn't hitch a cart to them.
• Angus and Rob had traveled by train from their childhood homes in Nethermuir, Scotland, to reach the ocean.
• Angus is tall and on board ship he discovers that his bunk is too small and compares it to a coffin.
• On board, Angus recalled the Rascal Fairs in their hometown where farmers and laborers would get together and bargain the wages and terms of employment for a season.
• Because musicians, peddlers, and members of the community attended, it was something like a fair.
• During an early part of the voyage, Angus bought...
This section contains 4,286 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)