|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many worlds are there as it is explained in the prologue?
(a) Just one.
(b) They cannot be counted.
(c) One for each living person.
(d) Only three.
2. What does Larkin change into when he reaches Lilith's cave?
(a) A cat.
(b) A cockroach.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A rat.
3. What does Larkin say about the spot where he and Blair are standing?
(a) It would be a fine place for a battle.
(b) It would be a lovely place to nap.
(c) It would make a pretty place to build a home.
(d) It must be bad when foul weather comes.
4. What does Cian do while in the library with Moira?
(a) Trips over a rug.
(b) Has a vision of Moira dying.
(c) Wakes her to drink her tea.
(d) Steps into a sliver of sunlight.
5. How does Glenna say that she knew where to send the people that they saved from Lilith?
(a) Glenna had a map.
(b) It was Hoyt that knew.
(c) She used to work at the local hospital.
(d) One of the people had been from the hospital.
6. When the old man is searching for the right words in the prologue what does he do?
(a) Stirs the fire.
(b) Scratches his beared.
(c) Sips his wine.
(d) Takes a bite of soup.
7. What does Larkin tell her that Hoyt plans on doing when they are done?
(a) Traveling between worlds with Glenna.
(b) Staying in Ireland with Glenna.
(c) Going to New York with Glenna.
(d) Going back to Geall with Glenna.
8. What does Cian say about the bite mark that Larkin has?
(a) It will heal shortly.
(b) It is bad.
(c) It is a scrape, not a puncture.
(d) It looks like there is a tooth still in it.
9. What suddenly happens that allows the vampires to begin coming out of the cave?
(a) An eclipse.
(b) Clouds block the sun.
(c) A dark spell causes the sun to go out.
(d) The sun sets.
10. What does Blair say killing the vampire she had known taught her as she describes it to Larkin?
(a) One mistake can cost you your life.
(b) You can't save everyone.
(c) Once someone is turned, they are no longer the person you loved.
(d) Kill them before they kill you.
11. Why are the children huddled close together in the beginning of the prologue?
(a) To hear the rest of the tale.
(b) Because they are scared.
(c) To keep warm.
(d) Because it is dark.
12. What does Larkin change into to go check on Hoyt, Glenna, and Moira as they cast their spell?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A lizard.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) A monkey.
13. What does Blair NOT pack in as they get ready to leave the house?
(d) Butcher knives.
14. What does Blair tell Larkin they are going to do when they pour the holy water on him?
(a) Hold him down.
(b) Stand over him with a crucifix.
(c) Leave him in direct sun light.
(d) Put a bible on his chest.
15. In chapter five what does Blair say is usually needed to put a person in a trance?
(a) Physical contact with the person.
(b) A personal item.
(c) For them to have been bitten.
(d) A pint of their blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cian say separates him and Blair from the others?
2. What does the old man tell the children they now know when he is talking to them in the prologue?
3. What does Blair say when Moira offers to shoot at the vampires at the edge of the trees?
4. What does Cian say when Blair asks if she is going to have to start calling Cian 'Uncle Cian'?
5. Where does Lilith say she has to go when Davey offers to share his humans with her?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)