|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the prologue what does the old man say that man needs comfort from?
(a) The simple things.
(b) Knowing that he is not alone.
(c) Each other.
2. What does Glenna say about the heart of a champion?
(a) It cann't be hidden away.
(b) It is harder to get to.
(c) Sometimes it is tender.
(d) It is usually very large.
3. What is Blair that allows her to heal faster than humans?
(a) A vampire.
(b) A demon hunter.
(c) A witch.
(d) A werewolf.
4. What do Glenna and Hoyt tell the others they can expect to find in the vampire caves?
(a) People in cages like cattle.
(b) Dead animal bodies and booby traps.
5. What does Cian say that Lilith will do if she catches Larkin?
(a) Mail them back the pieces.
(b) He is not sure.
(c) Torture him and turn him.
(d) Use him as bait.
6. What does Blair say they will use to watch Larkin as long as they can?
(a) The tracking device Larkin has.
(b) Cian's camera.
(c) Glenna's crystal.
(d) Hoyt's magic necklace.
7. Who does Blair say the punching bag is when Cian asks her?
(a) Algebra teacher.
(b) IRS agent.
(c) First boyfriend.
(d) Math teacher.
8. Why does Larkin tell Blair that they will win?
(a) There is no other option.
(b) The vampires will begin to fight each other.
(c) Because survival is stronger than a desire to destroy.
(d) They have each other.
9. What does Morrigan tell Blair about the Valley of Silence?
(a) It is not set in stone.
(b) It is the place where the battle will be held.
(c) It is already under attack.
(d) It will be where they all die.
10. Why does Larkin know how to handle a sword?
(a) He had trained to be a knight.
(b) His brother, a knight, had trained him.
(c) He plays in games and tournaments.
(d) His father had known of Larkin's destiny.
11. How many worlds are there as it is explained in the prologue?
(a) Only three.
(b) One for each living person.
(c) Just one.
(d) They cannot be counted.
12. What does Cian say when Hoyt says they will be back before sunset in Chapter 2?
(a) Be sure you have your own key.
(b) I don't care when you get back.
(c) Better hope you are.
(d) I won't wait up.
13. What does Blair think when Larkin says that she cannot be scared of something as simple as a kiss?
(a) She has never really been kissed.
(b) She is not scared, but is wary.
(c) She doesn't want Larkin to kiss her.
(d) Every man she kisses winds up dead.
14. In Chapter 1 what does Blair tell Glenna when Glenna asks how they did in the battle with the vampires?
(a) She isn't the one to be asking.
(b) They didn't do very well but they will get a second chance.
(c) They all lived.
(d) They did really well.
15. What is Larkin doing while he and Blair are standing outside the false wall of the entrance to Lilith's cave?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hoyt say about the boy that Lilith calls her son?
2. How does Glenna say that she knew where to send the people that they saved from Lilith?
3. What is the first thing that Larkin convinces Blair to buy him in the shops in town?
4. Why does Larkin get mad at Blair?
5. What do the sorcerer and the witch pledge as the old man describes it in the prologue?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)