|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Larkin ask of Blair?
(a) To find out how many of the people made it out alive.
(b) To lay beside him while he sleeps.
(c) To go and look through the vampire van again.
(d) To promise him she won't go to the caves alone.
2. What does the old man NOT say about the scene of the dawn after the first battle as he explains it to the children in the prologue?
(a) The mourning doves cooed.
(b) The rain had washed away the blood.
(c) The air was thick with blood and tears.
(d) The ground was scorched.
3. What is the first thing that Larkin convinces Blair to buy him in the shops in town?
(b) Stick candy.
(c) A coat.
(d) A root beer float.
4. What does Blair NOT pack in as they get ready to leave the house?
(a) Butcher knives.
5. What does Blair say that Glenna's tattoo is of?
(a) A latin spell.
(b) A pentagram.
(c) A rose.
(d) A cross.
6. What power does Larkin have?
(a) The power to change into any living thing.
(b) The power to wield magic.
(c) The ability to wield a sword faster than any thing alive.
(d) The power to speak to animals.
7. What is Larkin doing while he and Blair are standing outside the false wall of the entrance to Lilith's cave?
8. How does Blair know about vampire bites?
(a) She talked to survivors.
(b) She was bitten when she was eighteen.
(c) Her father gave her detailed information on vampires.
(d) She has watched them feed before.
9. What does Morrigan tell Blair about the Valley of Silence?
(a) It is not set in stone.
(b) It is the place where the battle will be held.
(c) It will be where they all die.
(d) It is already under attack.
10. What does Larkin say about Blair's tattoo?
(a) It says she is a savior of men.
(b) It is the mark of the defenders.
(c) It is the mark of royalty.
(d) It means that she is beautiful and brave.
11. What do Hoyt and Glenna say they are working on in the way of spells?
(a) Finding out how Lilith's false wall works.
(b) A way to allow Cian to go out in the sunlight.
(c) Finding ancient artifacts to use in battle.
(d) A way to keep vampires from coming onto the property.
12. What does Larkin change into as he escapes the caves?
(a) A cat.
(b) A spider.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A snake.
13. What does Cian do while in the library with Moira?
(a) Wakes her to drink her tea.
(b) Trips over a rug.
(c) Has a vision of Moira dying.
(d) Steps into a sliver of sunlight.
14. How old does Blair tell Larkin that she was when she learned she was going to be a demon hunter?
(c) From birth.
15. What do the sorcerer and the witch pledge as the old man describes it in the prologue?
(a) To kill the vampires.
(c) To become all powerful.
(d) To destroy humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Larkin hear talking to him as he is nearing home?
2. What does Larkin point out about the way that they were controlled in their sleep?
3. What does the old man realize the young boy is imagining in the prologue when the boy talks of the defeat of the vampires?
4. What does Blair say they will use to watch Larkin as long as they can?
5. When Larkin and Blair get to the pub what does she ask him about his charm?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)