|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blair tell Larkin about the next battle that is going to happen while they are talking in Chapter 1?
(a) It won't be as easy.
(b) It will be in the day time.
(c) It will be on their grounds.
(d) It will come too soon.
2. What does Cian tell Glenna that the stake is that he puts on the counter?
(a) A friendly reminder.
(b) A peace offering from Blair.
(c) A toothpick.
(d) A present for Lilith.
3. What do Blair and Larkin agree on when they get back home?
(a) That they need to stay away from Lilith's cave.
(b) That they must go back to the caves.
(c) That they have to limit the magic used.
(d) That they need to go talk to the humans that Glenna saved.
4. What does Larkin say about the spot where he and Blair are standing?
(a) It would make a pretty place to build a home.
(b) It would be a fine place for a battle.
(c) It must be bad when foul weather comes.
(d) It would be a lovely place to nap.
5. What does Blair NOT pack in as they get ready to leave the house?
(b) Butcher knives.
6. What does the old man tell the children they now know when he is talking to them in the prologue?
(a) Where people came from
(b) How the vampire came to be.
(c) What started the world turning.
(d) .How to drive their parents insane.
7. Where does Larkin find Blair at?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the training room.
(c) In her room.
(d) Talking to Glenna.
8. What does Blair yell at Larkin while they are battling the enemy?
(a) Bear claw.
(b) Lion's jaw.
(c) Run away you idiot.
(d) Eagle's eye.
9. What is Larkin doing while he and Blair are standing outside the false wall of the entrance to Lilith's cave?
10. What does Larkin tell Blair he wants to do with her?
(a) Go to a pub.
(b) Go watch a movie.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Take her to dinner.
11. In chapter one what does Larkin say there had been glory in?
(a) That he was preparing a trap for the demons.
(b) He can find nothing for there to be glory in.
(c) That most of his men still lived.
(d) That so many demons had fallen.
12. In the prologue what does the old man say that man needs comfort from?
(a) Knowing that he is not alone.
(b) Each other.
(c) The simple things.
13. What does the old man NOT say about the scene of the dawn after the first battle as he explains it to the children in the prologue?
(a) The rain had washed away the blood.
(b) The air was thick with blood and tears.
(c) The ground was scorched.
(d) The mourning doves cooed.
14. What does Blair tell Larkin about a vampire bite?
(a) It makes you a puppet.
(b) It burns and you might not live through it.
(c) There are no words to describe it.
(d) It's like a drug.
15. What does Cian ask Hoyt to pick up for him in Chapter 2?
(a) Chicken's blood.
(c) Pig's blood.
(d) A volunteer from the vampire clinic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lilith say was the last place she had seen her reflection?
2. What does Larkin say was the thing allowed him to make it home when he was so sick?
3. Why are Blair and the others stuck in the house for so many days?
4. What is Blair that allows her to heal faster than humans?
5. What does Cian say that Lilith will do if she catches Larkin?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)