|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Larkin limp in chapter one?
(a) An arrow had struck him in the thigh durring battle.
(b) He has an ingrown toenail.
(c) He was thrown off his horse.
(d) His foot had a sword driven through it.
2. How many worlds are there as it is explained in the prologue?
(a) Just one.
(b) Only three.
(c) One for each living person.
(d) They cannot be counted.
3. What does Blair tell Larkin about a vampire bite?
(a) There are no words to describe it.
(b) It's like a drug.
(c) It burns and you might not live through it.
(d) It makes you a puppet.
4. Why does Larkin tell Blair that they will win?
(a) The vampires will begin to fight each other.
(b) Because survival is stronger than a desire to destroy.
(c) They have each other.
(d) There is no other option.
5. What does the boy say when Lilith asks him which humans he wants to hunt through the caves?
(a) You pick for me.
(b) Let me look in their eyes.
(c) The young ones.
(d) Which ones will fight?
6. What does Lilith call the humans that were rescued from her caves?
7. What suddenly happens that allows the vampires to begin coming out of the cave?
(a) An eclipse.
(b) The sun sets.
(c) A dark spell causes the sun to go out.
(d) Clouds block the sun.
8. What does Blair NOT pack in as they get ready to leave the house?
(a) Butcher knives.
9. What is Blair that allows her to heal faster than humans?
(a) A witch.
(b) A demon hunter.
(c) A vampire.
(d) A werewolf.
10. What is the title of the leader of the vampire army?
(b) Dark Lord.
(d) There is no title given.
11. What does Larkin say when Blair asks if he can breath fire when he turns into a dragon?
(a) I have never tried.
(c) No, how could they?
(d) No, it doesn't work that way.
12. What does Blair say it would be if someone tried to rescue the people in the vampire caves?
(a) Impossible without the help of a vampire.
(b) Not necessary since the people are there voluntary.
(c) A suicide mission.
(d) Not possible because the people are under vampire spells.
13. What do Glenna and Hoyt tell the others they can expect to find in the vampire caves?
(b) Dead animal bodies and booby traps.
(d) People in cages like cattle.
14. What does Larkin say about the spot where he and Blair are standing?
(a) It would be a fine place for a battle.
(b) It would be a lovely place to nap.
(c) It would make a pretty place to build a home.
(d) It must be bad when foul weather comes.
15. What does Morrigan tell Blair about the Valley of Silence?
(a) It is the place where the battle will be held.
(b) It will be where they all die.
(c) It is already under attack.
(d) It is not set in stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blair tell Moira in chapter eight when Moira says that Blair loves Larkin?
2. What does Cian say that Lilith will do if she catches Larkin?
3. What does Larkin say was the thing allowed him to make it home when he was so sick?
4. When Larkin and Blair get to the pub what does she ask him about his charm?
5. When Larkin first wakes up, what does he ask?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)