|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blair tell Moira in chapter eight when Moira says that Blair loves Larkin?
(a) That she is no good for anyone.
(b) That she was not made to love people.
(c) That she does not love him.
(d) That he cannot love her.
2. Why does Larkin tell Blair that they will win?
(a) They have each other.
(b) The vampires will begin to fight each other.
(c) Because survival is stronger than a desire to destroy.
(d) There is no other option.
3. What does Glenna say about the heart of a champion?
(a) It cann't be hidden away.
(b) It is usually very large.
(c) It is harder to get to.
(d) Sometimes it is tender.
4. What does Larkin ask of Blair?
(a) To promise him she won't go to the caves alone.
(b) To go and look through the vampire van again.
(c) To find out how many of the people made it out alive.
(d) To lay beside him while he sleeps.
5. What does Larkin change into to get him and Blair out of danger?
(a) A lion.
(b) A pegasus.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A whale.
6. What does Larkin pull out of the refrigerator in chapter one?
(c) Ice tea.
(d) A Coke.
7. What did Jeremy tell Blair that she was after he learned that she killed vampires?
(a) A freak.
(b) A nightmare.
(c) A monster.
(d) Nothing to him.
8. What does Glenna say she was dreaming of when Cian woke her?
(a) A voice she has never heard.
(c) The people she couldn't save.
(d) Her mother.
9. What does Blair yell at Larkin while they are battling the enemy?
(a) Bear claw.
(b) Lion's jaw.
(c) Run away you idiot.
(d) Eagle's eye.
10. What does the old man NOT say about the scene of the dawn after the first battle as he explains it to the children in the prologue?
(a) The mourning doves cooed.
(b) The air was thick with blood and tears.
(c) The rain had washed away the blood.
(d) The ground was scorched.
11. Where does Larkin find Blair at?
(a) Talking to Glenna.
(b) In her room.
(c) In the training room.
(d) In the kitchen.
12. In chapter five what does Blair say is usually needed to put a person in a trance?
(a) For them to have been bitten.
(b) A pint of their blood.
(c) A personal item.
(d) Physical contact with the person.
13. What does Blair say the creatures were that she and Larkin fought outside the cave?
(a) She is not sure.
(d) Human servants that work to earn the right to be vampires.
14. What does Blair say killing the vampire she had known taught her as she describes it to Larkin?
(a) One mistake can cost you your life.
(b) Kill them before they kill you.
(c) Once someone is turned, they are no longer the person you loved.
(d) You can't save everyone.
15. When Larkin and Blair get to the pub what does she ask him about his charm?
(a) If he ever gets tired of using it.
(b) How many women he has hurt with it.
(c) If he even has to turn it on.
(d) If someone taught him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Larkin do to the van the vampires have driven to the house?
2. What does the old man say would happen if the six heroes had been defeated as he explains it in the prologue?
3. What does Larkin say was the thing allowed him to make it home when he was so sick?
4. What does Larkin say about the spot where he and Blair are standing?
5. Where does Lilith say she has to go when Davey offers to share his humans with her?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)