|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blair say killing the vampire she had known taught her as she describes it to Larkin?
(a) Kill them before they kill you.
(b) One mistake can cost you your life.
(c) You can't save everyone.
(d) Once someone is turned, they are no longer the person you loved.
2. What does Cian say separates him and Blair from the others?
(a) The fact that they were made to be solitary.
(b) The fact that they know what is coming and the others don't.
(c) The death they have seen.
(d) Their blood line.
3. In the prologue what does the old man say that man needs comfort from?
(a) The simple things.
(b) Each other.
(c) Knowing that he is not alone.
4. What does Cian do while in the library with Moira?
(a) Steps into a sliver of sunlight.
(b) Has a vision of Moira dying.
(c) Wakes her to drink her tea.
(d) Trips over a rug.
5. What does Blair say tattoos are?
(a) Something to make you feel unique.
(b) A way to find yourself.
(c) An act of rebellion.
(d) A personal statement.
6. When Larkin first wakes up, what does he ask?
(a) Does anyone have a beer?
(b) Did they miss him?
(c) Do they have food or not?
(d) Why are women always nagging?
7. When Larkin and Blair get to the pub what does she ask him about his charm?
(a) If he even has to turn it on.
(b) If someone taught him.
(c) If he ever gets tired of using it.
(d) How many women he has hurt with it.
8. What does Cian tell Glenna that the stake is that he puts on the counter?
(a) A peace offering from Blair.
(b) A toothpick.
(c) A present for Lilith.
(d) A friendly reminder.
9. What does Moira say that she will do when she gets home?
(a) Order the city emptied.
(b) Say goodbye to those she loves.
(c) Ask her people to fight.
(d) Sign her city over to someone to rule.
10. What dose Larkin say when Blair points out that most of them might die if they go in for a daylight attack on the caves again?
(a) Not if they are careful.
(b) They will most likely die anyway before it is over.
(c) He has a plan.
(d) She needs to have more faith.
11. Why does Blair tell Larkin no when he tries to kiss her again?
(a) The burden of being a vampire hunter prevents her from sharing her life.
(b) Because he will have to go back to his own world.
(c) That she is not sure and so the answer is no.
(d) It didn't feel right.
12. What does the old man NOT say about the scene of the dawn after the first battle as he explains it to the children in the prologue?
(a) The ground was scorched.
(b) The air was thick with blood and tears.
(c) The rain had washed away the blood.
(d) The mourning doves cooed.
13. What does Blair tell Larkin they are going to do when they pour the holy water on him?
(a) Put a bible on his chest.
(b) Stand over him with a crucifix.
(c) Leave him in direct sun light.
(d) Hold him down.
14. What does Larkin say about Blair's tattoo?
(a) It means that she is beautiful and brave.
(b) It is the mark of the defenders.
(c) It says she is a savior of men.
(d) It is the mark of royalty.
15. What does Larkin tell her that he does for a living back home?
(a) Raises sheep.
(c) Works with horses.
(d) He is the son of a duke and doesn't work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cian say when Hoyt says they will be back before sunset in Chapter 2?
2. When the old man is searching for the right words in the prologue what does he do?
3. What does the old man say would happen if the six heroes had been defeated as he explains it in the prologue?
4. What does Blair say when Moira offers to shoot at the vampires at the edge of the trees?
5. Where does Larkin find Blair at?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)