|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the sorcerer and the witch pledge as the old man describes it in the prologue?
(b) To kill the vampires.
(c) To become all powerful.
(d) To destroy humans.
2. What does Cian say separates him and Blair from the others?
(a) The fact that they were made to be solitary.
(b) The fact that they know what is coming and the others don't.
(c) Their blood line.
(d) The death they have seen.
3. How does Glenna say that she knew where to send the people that they saved from Lilith?
(a) Glenna had a map.
(b) It was Hoyt that knew.
(c) She used to work at the local hospital.
(d) One of the people had been from the hospital.
4. In chapter one what does Larkin say there had been glory in?
(a) That most of his men still lived.
(b) That so many demons had fallen.
(c) That he was preparing a trap for the demons.
(d) He can find nothing for there to be glory in.
5. What does Cian say when Hoyt says they will be back before sunset in Chapter 2?
(a) I don't care when you get back.
(b) Better hope you are.
(c) Be sure you have your own key.
(d) I won't wait up.
6. What does Blair say that she will do if they are still alive in November?
(a) Naked cartwheels.
(b) Take Larkin to Chicago.
(c) An Irish jig.
(d) Cook Larkin a feast.
7. What does Blair tell Larkin they are going to do when they pour the holy water on him?
(a) Leave him in direct sun light.
(b) Stand over him with a crucifix.
(c) Hold him down.
(d) Put a bible on his chest.
8. What does Larkin tell her that Hoyt plans on doing when they are done?
(a) Going to New York with Glenna.
(b) Staying in Ireland with Glenna.
(c) Traveling between worlds with Glenna.
(d) Going back to Geall with Glenna.
9. In the prologue what does the old man say that man needs comfort from?
(a) Each other.
(b) The simple things.
(c) Knowing that he is not alone.
10. What does Blair tell Moira in chapter eight when Moira says that Blair loves Larkin?
(a) That he cannot love her.
(b) That she does not love him.
(c) That she was not made to love people.
(d) That she is no good for anyone.
11. What do Glenna and Hoyt tell the others they can expect to find in the vampire caves?
(a) Dead animal bodies and booby traps.
(c) People in cages like cattle.
12. What does the boy say when Lilith asks him which humans he wants to hunt through the caves?
(a) Which ones will fight?
(b) The young ones.
(c) You pick for me.
(d) Let me look in their eyes.
13. What does Glenna tell Blair about her magic when they begin talking?
(a) She seems to have more now that they are all together.
(b) It seems to be harder to control.
(c) It seems more natural.
(d) She is able to control it better.
14. What does Cian ask Hoyt to pick up for him in Chapter 2?
(b) Chicken's blood.
(c) A volunteer from the vampire clinic.
(d) Pig's blood.
15. How does Blair know about vampire bites?
(a) She was bitten when she was eighteen.
(b) She talked to survivors.
(c) Her father gave her detailed information on vampires.
(d) She has watched them feed before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blair NOT pack in as they get ready to leave the house?
2. What does Blair say the creatures were that she and Larkin fought outside the cave?
3. In chapter five what does Blair say is usually needed to put a person in a trance?
4. What does Glenna ask Cian to do?
5. In Chapter 2 who says that they will be in charge of the fire?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)