|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blair tell Moira in chapter eight when Moira says that Blair loves Larkin?
(a) That she does not love him.
(b) That she was not made to love people.
(c) That he cannot love her.
(d) That she is no good for anyone.
2. What problem does the group realize while they are making plans to get to the portal that will take them to Geall?
(a) The portal has been moved.
(b) Cian can't go through because he is a vampire.
(c) They don't have enough keys.
(d) They cannot take their weapons.
3. What does Larkin change into to go check on Hoyt, Glenna, and Moira as they cast their spell?
(a) A lizard.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) A monkey.
4. Why does Larkin explain that the Vampyre's exist in chapter one?
(a) To feed off of man.
(b) To create more Vampyres.
(c) No one is sure.
(d) To rule the world.
5. Why does Larkin limp in chapter one?
(a) He was thrown off his horse.
(b) His foot had a sword driven through it.
(c) An arrow had struck him in the thigh durring battle.
(d) He has an ingrown toenail.
6. What does Larkin say about Blair's tattoo?
(a) It is the mark of the defenders.
(b) It says she is a savior of men.
(c) It means that she is beautiful and brave.
(d) It is the mark of royalty.
7. When Larkin and Blair get to the pub what does she ask him about his charm?
(a) If he ever gets tired of using it.
(b) How many women he has hurt with it.
(c) If he even has to turn it on.
(d) If someone taught him.
8. What do Blair and Larkin agree on when they get back home?
(a) That they have to limit the magic used.
(b) That they must go back to the caves.
(c) That they need to stay away from Lilith's cave.
(d) That they need to go talk to the humans that Glenna saved.
9. What does Cian tell Glenna that the stake is that he puts on the counter?
(a) A toothpick.
(b) A present for Lilith.
(c) A friendly reminder.
(d) A peace offering from Blair.
10. What is the title of the leader of the vampire army?
(a) There is no title given.
(d) Dark Lord.
11. What does Larkin ask of Blair?
(a) To go and look through the vampire van again.
(b) To promise him she won't go to the caves alone.
(c) To lay beside him while he sleeps.
(d) To find out how many of the people made it out alive.
12. What does Larkin say when Blair asks if he can breath fire when he turns into a dragon?
(a) No, how could they?
(b) I have never tried.
(c) No, it doesn't work that way.
13. What suddenly happens that allows the vampires to begin coming out of the cave?
(a) A dark spell causes the sun to go out.
(b) Clouds block the sun.
(c) An eclipse.
(d) The sun sets.
14. What does Cian ask Hoyt to pick up for him in Chapter 2?
(a) Chicken's blood.
(c) A volunteer from the vampire clinic.
(d) Pig's blood.
15. In chapter five what does Blair say is usually needed to put a person in a trance?
(a) A pint of their blood.
(b) A personal item.
(c) For them to have been bitten.
(d) Physical contact with the person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Larkin say was the thing allowed him to make it home when he was so sick?
2. What does Blair tell Larkin they are going to do when they pour the holy water on him?
3. Who does Larkin hear talking to him as he is nearing home?
4. Why does Larkin tell Blair that they will win?
5. What does the old man NOT say about the scene of the dawn after the first battle as he explains it to the children in the prologue?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)