|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the children huddled close together in the beginning of the prologue?
(a) Because it is dark.
(b) Because they are scared.
(c) To keep warm.
(d) To hear the rest of the tale.
2. What does Larkin tell Blair she is?
(a) A warrior.
(b) An angel.
(c) Nothing that could be douplicated.
3. What does the old man realize the young boy is imagining in the prologue when the boy talks of the defeat of the vampires?
(a) What the battle would be like if it happened now.
(b) The battle from above.
(c) How wonderful it would have bene to be there.
(d) Himself destroying a vampire.
4. What suddenly happens that allows the vampires to begin coming out of the cave?
(a) The sun sets.
(b) Clouds block the sun.
(c) An eclipse.
(d) A dark spell causes the sun to go out.
5. What does Blair say that Glenna's tattoo is of?
(a) A latin spell.
(b) A pentagram.
(c) A cross.
(d) A rose.
6. What place did the scholar and shifter of shapes come to through the Dance of the Gods?
(d) The New World.
7. What does the boy say when Lilith asks him which humans he wants to hunt through the caves?
(a) Let me look in their eyes.
(b) Which ones will fight?
(c) The young ones.
(d) You pick for me.
8. What gift does Midir have for Lilith?
(a) A necklace to allow her to withstand a cross.
(b) A cloak to make her invisible.
(c) A ring to protect her from sunlight.
(d) A mirror that shows her face.
9. Where does Larkin find Blair at?
(a) Talking to Glenna.
(b) In the training room.
(c) In her room.
(d) In the kitchen.
10. What does Moira say about a sorcerer or witch being turned into a vampire?
(a) They loose most or all of their gift when they become a demon.
(b) They are protected against it.
(c) There is a prophecy about it.
(d) Vampires don't turn witches or sorcerers.
11. Why does Larkin limp in chapter one?
(a) He has an ingrown toenail.
(b) His foot had a sword driven through it.
(c) He was thrown off his horse.
(d) An arrow had struck him in the thigh durring battle.
12. What does Larkin tell her that Hoyt plans on doing when they are done?
(a) Traveling between worlds with Glenna.
(b) Staying in Ireland with Glenna.
(c) Going back to Geall with Glenna.
(d) Going to New York with Glenna.
13. Why does Larkin tell Blair that they will win?
(a) There is no other option.
(b) They have each other.
(c) The vampires will begin to fight each other.
(d) Because survival is stronger than a desire to destroy.
14. How does Glenna say that she knew where to send the people that they saved from Lilith?
(a) It was Hoyt that knew.
(b) One of the people had been from the hospital.
(c) Glenna had a map.
(d) She used to work at the local hospital.
15. When Larkin first wakes up, what does he ask?
(a) Does anyone have a beer?
(b) Do they have food or not?
(c) Did they miss him?
(d) Why are women always nagging?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2 who says that they will be in charge of the fire?
2. Who does Larkin hear talking to him as he is nearing home?
3. What does Blair say about frustration?
4. What does Larkin change into as he leaves?
5. What do the sorcerer and the witch pledge as the old man describes it in the prologue?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)