|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Larkin find Blair at?
(a) In the training room.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In her room.
(d) Talking to Glenna.
2. What does Midir say he will need to reopen the portal?
(a) A sacrifice.
(b) A full moon.
(c) Lilith's blood.
(d) A vampire circle.
3. Why are the children huddled close together in the beginning of the prologue?
(a) Because it is dark.
(b) To keep warm.
(c) To hear the rest of the tale.
(d) Because they are scared.
4. Why does Larkin limp in chapter one?
(a) His foot had a sword driven through it.
(b) He has an ingrown toenail.
(c) An arrow had struck him in the thigh durring battle.
(d) He was thrown off his horse.
5. What do Glenna and Hoyt tell the others they can expect to find in the vampire caves?
(c) People in cages like cattle.
(d) Dead animal bodies and booby traps.
6. Why does Larkin tell Blair that they will win?
(a) They have each other.
(b) The vampires will begin to fight each other.
(c) Because survival is stronger than a desire to destroy.
(d) There is no other option.
7. What power does Larkin have?
(a) The power to change into any living thing.
(b) The power to wield magic.
(c) The ability to wield a sword faster than any thing alive.
(d) The power to speak to animals.
8. Why does Moira say that they would know if Larkin was dead?
(a) Larkin's necklace would glow.
(b) Moira has a connection to her cousin.
(c) Because their circle would be broken.
(d) Lilith would have sent pieces of his body back.
9. In chapter one what does Larkin say there had been glory in?
(a) That most of his men still lived.
(b) That so many demons had fallen.
(c) He can find nothing for there to be glory in.
(d) That he was preparing a trap for the demons.
10. What does Larkin notice when he wakes up?
(a) His neck feels numb.
(b) He is extremely sore.
(c) His neck still burns.
(d) He is very tired.
11. What problem does the group realize while they are making plans to get to the portal that will take them to Geall?
(a) They cannot take their weapons.
(b) Cian can't go through because he is a vampire.
(c) They don't have enough keys.
(d) The portal has been moved.
12. What does Blair say when Moira offers to shoot at the vampires at the edge of the trees?
(a) Let them think they are hid.
(b) Only wound it.
(c) It will let them know they are not sleeping.
(d) Be sure to kill them.
13. What is the title of the leader of the vampire army?
(a) There is no title given.
(c) Dark Lord.
14. What does Blair tell Larkin about a vampire bite?
(a) There are no words to describe it.
(b) It's like a drug.
(c) It burns and you might not live through it.
(d) It makes you a puppet.
15. Why does Blair tell Larkin no when he tries to kiss her again?
(a) Because he will have to go back to his own world.
(b) That she is not sure and so the answer is no.
(c) It didn't feel right.
(d) The burden of being a vampire hunter prevents her from sharing her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cian say that Lilith will do if she catches Larkin?
2. What does Glenna say she was dreaming of when Cian woke her?
3. What do the sorcerer and the witch pledge as the old man describes it in the prologue?
4. What does Glenna say about the heart of a champion?
5. Where does Lilith say was the last place she had seen her reflection?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)