|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cian say about the bite mark that Larkin has?
(a) It will heal shortly.
(b) It is bad.
(c) It is a scrape, not a puncture.
(d) It looks like there is a tooth still in it.
2. What does Larkin tell Blair he wants to do with her?
(a) Go watch a movie.
(b) Take her to dinner.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Go to a pub.
3. What does Hoyt say about the boy that Lilith calls her son?
(a) He is a weakness for her.
(b) He has never heard of one so young being changed.
(c) He could be dangerous.
(d) They need to find out more about him.
4. What does Larkin do to the van the vampires have driven to the house?
(a) Tips it over.
(b) Pops the wheels.
(c) Crushes the top.
(d) Takes the keys.
5. What does Blair think when Larkin says that she cannot be scared of something as simple as a kiss?
(a) She is not scared, but is wary.
(b) Every man she kisses winds up dead.
(c) She has never really been kissed.
(d) She doesn't want Larkin to kiss her.
6. What does Glenna say about the heart of a champion?
(a) It is harder to get to.
(b) It is usually very large.
(c) Sometimes it is tender.
(d) It cann't be hidden away.
7. How does Blair know about vampire bites?
(a) She talked to survivors.
(b) She was bitten when she was eighteen.
(c) She has watched them feed before.
(d) Her father gave her detailed information on vampires.
8. What does Blair NOT pack in as they get ready to leave the house?
(a) Butcher knives.
9. What do the sorcerer and the witch pledge as the old man describes it in the prologue?
(a) To destroy humans.
(c) To become all powerful.
(d) To kill the vampires.
10. Why are the children huddled close together in the beginning of the prologue?
(a) Because it is dark.
(b) To keep warm.
(c) To hear the rest of the tale.
(d) Because they are scared.
11. What does Larkin tell her that he does for a living back home?
(a) Works with horses.
(b) Raises sheep.
(d) He is the son of a duke and doesn't work.
12. In chapter five what does Blair say is usually needed to put a person in a trance?
(a) A pint of their blood.
(b) Physical contact with the person.
(c) For them to have been bitten.
(d) A personal item.
13. What does Cian do while in the library with Moira?
(a) Wakes her to drink her tea.
(b) Has a vision of Moira dying.
(c) Trips over a rug.
(d) Steps into a sliver of sunlight.
14. What does Blair tell Larkin about the next battle that is going to happen while they are talking in Chapter 1?
(a) It will be in the day time.
(b) It won't be as easy.
(c) It will come too soon.
(d) It will be on their grounds.
15. What does the old man realize the young boy is imagining in the prologue when the boy talks of the defeat of the vampires?
(a) Himself destroying a vampire.
(b) What the battle would be like if it happened now.
(c) How wonderful it would have bene to be there.
(d) The battle from above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blair say that she will do if they are still alive in November?
2. What does Moira say about a sorcerer or witch being turned into a vampire?
3. What did Jeremy tell Blair that she was after he learned that she killed vampires?
4. What does Blair tell Larkin they are going to do when they pour the holy water on him?
5. Why does Larkin know how to handle a sword?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)