|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refers to George Bowlegs as "about half genius and half crazy"?
(a) Ted Isaacs.
(c) Father Ingles.
(d) Cecil Bowlegs.
2. How many law enforcement agencies are interested in the crimes at Zuni?
3. In Chapter 18, what hangs over the Zuni pueblo?
(c) Thin layer of ice crystals.
(d) Blue smoke from cooking.
4. Who mentions "Thou shall not profane the Sacred Ways of Zuni"?
(a) Father Ingles.
(c) Ernesto's father.
(d) Ed Pasquaanti.
5. What nickname has Leaphorn given the killer?
(a) Man Who Wore Moccasins.
(b) Man with Machete.
(c) Killer of Two.
(d) The Tracker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leaphorn accuse of salting the site?
2. What is missing from the deer?
3. Who states that deer are far-sighted?
4. What does Leaphorn give Ted Isaacs in the last chapter?
5. What order is Father Ingles with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Susanne learned about deer from George Bowlegs?
2. What are the Koyemshi, and what is their significance?
3. Although George Bowlegs is mentioned often in the book, the reader doesn't see him until Chapter 19 when he appears in front of Leaphorn.
4. According to the Zuni beliefs, what will happen if the Shalako ceremonies aren't performed correctly?
5. Describe Leaphorn's view at the beginning of Chapter 18.
6. Describe Father Ingles.
7. Who is in the procession of the Council of the Gods?
8. Leaphorn tells Susanne about Sa. Who or what is Sa?
9. When Dance Hall of the Dead ends, where is Susanne most likely?
10. Father Ingles is impressed with George Bowlegs. Why?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)