|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many law enforcement agencies are interested in the crimes at Zuni?
2. What is the age and sex of Susanne's sibling?
(a) 11-year-old brother.
(b) 14-year-old brother.
(c) 10-year-old sister.
(d) 13-year-old sister.
3. What type of deer had been killed by George's gun?
(a) Older doe.
(b) Older, six-point buck.
(c) Young doe.
(d) Young, four-point buck.
4. What taboo did Ernesto worry he had broken?
(a) Feeling and expressing anger.
(b) Talking about being Little Fire God to George.
(c) Stealing from Dr. Reynolds' truck.
(d) Teaching George the Zuni religion.
5. In Chapter 18, what becomes keystone for Leaphorn?
(a) The turquoise from the fetish.
(b) The flint from the fetish.
(c) Remembering songs of the Night Way.
(d) The sight of the ceremonial procession.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ted Isaacs refer to his family?
2. In Chapter 11, what noise covers Leaphorn's arrival at the commune?
3. In Chapter 16, Leaphorn sees the same kachina mask that he saw at Jason's Fleece. Where else has he seen this image in the book?
4. Who mentions "Thou shall not profane the Sacred Ways of Zuni"?
5. In Chapter 19, to whom does Leaphorn first explain his theory of the crimes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Leaphorn tells Susanne about Sa. Who or what is Sa?
2. What has Susanne learned about deer from George Bowlegs?
3. In Chapter 15, what disturbs Leaphorn about the dead deer killed by George Bowlegs?
4. Leaphorn realizes who the killer is but can't prove it. He gives the information to two people. Whom does he tell and why?
5. According to the Zuni beliefs, what will happen if the Shalako ceremonies aren't performed correctly?
6. What law-enforcement agencies are interested in the crimes at Zuni and why?
7. Describe Father Ingles.
8. What effects does Leaphorn feel from the hypodermic dart?
9. John O'Malley is watching for seven people he believes are involved in the narcotics operation. Who does Leaphorn recognize from the seven photographs?
10. In Chapter 16, Leaphorn is shot with a hypodermic dart. How was this done?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)