|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what noise covers Leaphorn's arrival at the commune?
(a) Welding on the school bus.
(c) An argument.
(d) The wind.
2. What type of deer had been killed by George's gun?
(a) Older doe.
(b) Young doe.
(c) Older, six-point buck.
(d) Young, four-point buck.
3. What does Leaphorn find made of blue and yellow songbird feathers in Chapter 19?
(a) A necklace.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A mask.
(d) A prayer plume.
4. In Chapter 11, where does Leaphorn find Susanne?
(a) At the dig site.
(b) Taking a walk.
(c) At the windmill.
(d) In the hogan.
5. Why does Halsey think the commune's location is legal?
(a) He has a permit.
(b) It is public domain land.
(c) He has permission from owner.
(d) It is National Park land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname has Leaphorn given the killer?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 19, who is Leaphorn looking for?
3. What order is Father Ingles with?
4. What are Acoma and Isleta?
5. How many people does Leaphorn estimate would be at Zuni village during Shalako?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Father Ingles.
2. In Chapter 16, Leaphorn is shot with a hypodermic dart. How was this done?
3. John O'Malley is watching for seven people he believes are involved in the narcotics operation. Who does Leaphorn recognize from the seven photographs?
4. After leaving the Bowlegs hogan in Chapter 14, what is Leaphorn's plan for the investigation.
5. According to the Zuni beliefs, what will happen if the Shalako ceremonies aren't performed correctly?
6. What relationship do Ted Isaacs and Susanne share and what does Leaphorn think about it?
7. In Chapter 15, what disturbs Leaphorn about the dead deer killed by George Bowlegs?
8. Describe Leaphorn's view at the beginning of Chapter 18.
9. What law-enforcement agencies are interested in the crimes at Zuni and why?
10. What is Ted Isaacs's background?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)