|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what does Leaphorn find inside the fetish offering?
(a) Coral, medallion, and blood.
(b) Turquoise bead, tip of a lance point, and abalone shell.
(c) Wood carving, deer hair, and silver.
(d) Arrow point, turquoise, and clay.
2. What is the normal population of Zuni village?
3. What type of deer had been killed by George's gun?
(a) Older, six-point buck.
(b) Older doe.
(c) Young doe.
(d) Young, four-point buck.
4. According to legend, who teaches Clumsy Boy the prayers for hunting deer?
(b) Father Coyote.
(c) Zuni War God.
(d) Sun Father.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 19, who is Leaphorn looking for?
(a) Ed Pasquaanti.
(b) George Bowlegs.
(c) The killer.
(d) Father Ingles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, what does Leaphorn find in the alley?
2. In Zuni mythology, what is the penalty for sacrilege?
3. Why does Halsey think the commune's location is legal?
4. What is Halona?
5. Who states that deer are far-sighted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although George Bowlegs is mentioned often in the book, the reader doesn't see him until Chapter 19 when he appears in front of Leaphorn.
2. What are the Koyemshi, and what is their significance?
3. John O'Malley is watching for seven people he believes are involved in the narcotics operation. Who does Leaphorn recognize from the seven photographs?
4. In Chapter 16, Leaphorn is shot with a hypodermic dart. How was this done?
5. Father Ingles is impressed with George Bowlegs. Why?
6. What is Ted Isaacs's background?
7. What relationship do Ted Isaacs and Susanne share and what does Leaphorn think about it?
8. What has Susanne learned about deer from George Bowlegs?
9. What effects does Leaphorn feel from the hypodermic dart?
10. Describe Father Ingles.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)