|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What taboo did Ernesto worry he had broken?
(a) Feeling and expressing anger.
(b) Stealing from Dr. Reynolds' truck.
(c) Talking about being Little Fire God to George.
(d) Teaching George the Zuni religion.
2. In Chapter 12, where is grid Seventeen W that Isaacs is working from?
(a) On top of the ridge.
(b) In a gully.
(c) In the center of the site.
(d) Farthest from the trailer.
3. According to legend, who teaches Clumsy Boy the prayers for hunting deer?
(a) Zuni War God.
(c) Father Coyote.
(d) Sun Father.
4. How does Ted Isaacs refer to his family?
(a) Emotionally distant, well off family in Florida.
(b) Middle class upbringing in Ohio.
(c) Absent; he grew up in foster homes.
(d) Poor east Tennessee white trash.
5. In Chapter 12, who suggests that the killings are based upon a feud between Navajo and Zuni?
(a) Ted Isaacs.
(c) Agent Baker.
(d) Ted O'Malley.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what type of gun hits Leaphorn?
2. What type of deer had been killed by George's gun?
3. What is the normal population of Zuni village?
4. In Chapter 16, what does Leaphorn compare to a broom handle?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 15, what does Leaphorn find on the saddleback slope?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Dance Hall of the Dead ends, where is Susanne most likely?
2. Although George Bowlegs is mentioned often in the book, the reader doesn't see him until Chapter 19 when he appears in front of Leaphorn.
3. What law-enforcement agencies are interested in the crimes at Zuni and why?
4. What are the Koyemshi, and what is their significance?
5. Leaphorn tells Susanne about Sa. Who or what is Sa?
6. Who are the people who are hunting in Chapter 15, and what are they hunting?
7. John O'Malley is watching for seven people he believes are involved in the narcotics operation. Who does Leaphorn recognize from the seven photographs?
8. In Chapter 16, Leaphorn is shot with a hypodermic dart. How was this done?
9. What relationship do Ted Isaacs and Susanne share and what does Leaphorn think about it?
10. What has Susanne learned about deer from George Bowlegs?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)