|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ted Isaacs refer to his family?
(a) Poor east Tennessee white trash.
(b) Absent; he grew up in foster homes.
(c) Emotionally distant, well off family in Florida.
(d) Middle class upbringing in Ohio.
2. What is the normal population of Zuni village?
3. Who refers to George Bowlegs as "about half genius and half crazy"?
(a) Father Ingles.
(b) Cecil Bowlegs.
(c) Ted Isaacs.
4. John O' Malley tells Leaphorn that the killings are related to what?
(a) Narcotics operation.
(b) Money laundering.
(c) Dealing in stolen artifacts.
5. In Chapter 18, what becomes keystone for Leaphorn?
(a) The turquoise from the fetish.
(b) Remembering songs of the Night Way.
(c) The flint from the fetish.
(d) The sight of the ceremonial procession.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feathers does Leaphorn think he saw on the kachina mask?
2. What are Acoma and Isleta?
3. What does Leaphorn find made of blue and yellow songbird feathers in Chapter 19?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 15, what does Leaphorn find on the saddleback slope?
5. What nickname has Leaphorn given the killer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Leaphorn realizes who the killer is but can't prove it. He gives the information to two people. Whom does he tell and why?
2. Who are the people who are hunting in Chapter 15, and what are they hunting?
3. After leaving the Bowlegs hogan in Chapter 14, what is Leaphorn's plan for the investigation.
4. Although George Bowlegs is mentioned often in the book, the reader doesn't see him until Chapter 19 when he appears in front of Leaphorn.
5. In Chapter 16, Leaphorn is shot with a hypodermic dart. How was this done?
6. What effects does Leaphorn feel from the hypodermic dart?
7. John O'Malley is watching for seven people he believes are involved in the narcotics operation. Who does Leaphorn recognize from the seven photographs?
8. What relationship do Ted Isaacs and Susanne share and what does Leaphorn think about it?
9. Father Ingles is impressed with George Bowlegs. Why?
10. In Chapter 15, what disturbs Leaphorn about the dead deer killed by George Bowlegs?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)