|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what noise covers Leaphorn's arrival at the commune?
(a) The wind.
(b) Welding on the school bus.
(d) An argument.
2. What are Acoma and Isleta?
(a) Other Pueblos.
(b) Nearby lakes.
(c) Towns in Arizona.
3. In Chapter 11, how many sites is Reynolds sponsoring digs on?
4. In Chapter 16, what does Leaphorn find inside the fetish offering?
(a) Wood carving, deer hair, and silver.
(b) Arrow point, turquoise, and clay.
(c) Coral, medallion, and blood.
(d) Turquoise bead, tip of a lance point, and abalone shell.
5. What nickname has Leaphorn given the killer?
(a) Killer of Two.
(b) Man with Machete.
(c) Man Who Wore Moccasins.
(d) The Tracker.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, where is grid Seventeen W that Isaacs is working from?
2. What did Leaphorn experience in college with Tom Bob and Blackie Bisti?
3. In Chapter 18, what becomes keystone for Leaphorn?
4. Where did Ted Isaacs attend college for his undergraduate work?
5. What does Leaphorn find made of blue and yellow songbird feathers in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the people who are hunting in Chapter 15, and what are they hunting?
2. Describe Father Ingles.
3. Describe Leaphorn's view at the beginning of Chapter 18.
4. Leaphorn tells Susanne about Sa. Who or what is Sa?
5. What relationship do Ted Isaacs and Susanne share and what does Leaphorn think about it?
6. When Dance Hall of the Dead ends, where is Susanne most likely?
7. After leaving the Bowlegs hogan in Chapter 14, what is Leaphorn's plan for the investigation.
8. What is Ted Isaacs's background?
9. Leaphorn realizes who the killer is but can't prove it. He gives the information to two people. Whom does he tell and why?
10. John O'Malley is watching for seven people he believes are involved in the narcotics operation. Who does Leaphorn recognize from the seven photographs?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)