|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is missing from the deer?
(a) Heart, liver, and gall bladder.
(c) Some of the venison.
(d) Only the hide.
2. Who does Leaphorn accuse of salting the site?
(a) Dr. Reynolds.
(c) Ernesto Cata and George Bowlegs.
(d) Ted Isaacs.
3. In Chapter 11, what noise covers Leaphorn's arrival at the commune?
(a) The wind.
(b) An argument.
(c) Welding on the school bus.
4. What did Leaphorn experience in college with Tom Bob and Blackie Bisti?
(a) Visit to a shaman.
(b) Road trip.
(d) Native American Church meeting.
5. In Chapter 18, what hangs over the Zuni pueblo?
(b) Blue smoke from cooking.
(c) Thin layer of ice crystals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Koyemshi?
2. According to legend, who teaches Clumsy Boy the prayers for hunting deer?
3. Why does Halsey think the commune's location is legal?
4. In Chapter 14, where is the sky-diving exhibition that Leaphorn hears about on the radio?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 15, what does Leaphorn find on the saddleback slope?
Short Essay Questions
1. What law-enforcement agencies are interested in the crimes at Zuni and why?
2. Describe Father Ingles.
3. Leaphorn realizes who the killer is but can't prove it. He gives the information to two people. Whom does he tell and why?
4. What effects does Leaphorn feel from the hypodermic dart?
5. After leaving the Bowlegs hogan in Chapter 14, what is Leaphorn's plan for the investigation.
6. What has Susanne learned about deer from George Bowlegs?
7. When Dance Hall of the Dead ends, where is Susanne most likely?
8. Describe Leaphorn's view at the beginning of Chapter 18.
9. In Chapter 15, what disturbs Leaphorn about the dead deer killed by George Bowlegs?
10. What relationship do Ted Isaacs and Susanne share and what does Leaphorn think about it?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)