|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the color of the mask that Leaphorn describes to Pasquaanti?
2. Why does Halsey think the commune's location is legal?
(a) He has a permit.
(b) It is public domain land.
(c) It is National Park land.
(d) He has permission from owner.
3. What does Leaphorn give Ted Isaacs in the last chapter?
(a) A note from Susanne.
(b) The prayer plume.
(c) The flint from the fetish.
(d) A turquoise bear.
4. What are Acoma and Isleta?
(a) Nearby lakes.
(b) Other Pueblos.
(d) Towns in Arizona.
5. Where did Ted Isaacs attend college for his undergraduate work?
(a) University of Alabama.
(b) Morehouse College.
(c) Memphis State.
(d) Pennsylvania State College.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refers to George Bowlegs as "about half genius and half crazy"?
2. In Chapter 16, Leaphorn sees the same kachina mask that he saw at Jason's Fleece. Where else has he seen this image in the book?
3. What are Koyemshi?
4. How does Ted Isaacs refer to his family?
5. Dance Hall of the Dead takes place over how much time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Father Ingles.
2. What has Susanne learned about deer from George Bowlegs?
3. Who are the people who are hunting in Chapter 15, and what are they hunting?
4. What are the Koyemshi, and what is their significance?
5. What is Ted Isaacs's background?
6. What law-enforcement agencies are interested in the crimes at Zuni and why?
7. Leaphorn realizes who the killer is but can't prove it. He gives the information to two people. Whom does he tell and why?
8. Father Ingles is impressed with George Bowlegs. Why?
9. What effects does Leaphorn feel from the hypodermic dart?
10. In Chapter 16, Leaphorn is shot with a hypodermic dart. How was this done?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)