|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John O' Malley tells Leaphorn that the killings are related to what?
(a) Dealing in stolen artifacts.
(b) Money laundering.
(c) Narcotics operation.
2. What does Leaphorn find made of blue and yellow songbird feathers in Chapter 19?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A mask.
(c) A prayer plume.
(d) A necklace.
3. In Chapter 16, what does Leaphorn compare to a broom handle?
(a) A spear found at the dig site.
(b) A tree near the lake where he looked for George.
(c) The beak of the kachina mask.
(d) The hypodermic tube.
4. What order is Father Ingles with?
(a) The Order of St. Patrick.
(b) The Order of St. Anthony.
(c) The Order of St. Michael.
(d) The Order of St. Francis.
5. What is the age and sex of Susanne's sibling?
(a) 10-year-old sister.
(b) 14-year-old brother.
(c) 13-year-old sister.
(d) 11-year-old brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, what does Leaphorn find in the alley?
2. Where does Leaphorn go after leaving Ted Isaacs?
3. What is missing from the deer?
4. What does Leaphorn give Ted Isaacs in the last chapter?
5. In the early part of Chapter 16, what affects Leaphorn's ability to move and talk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Leaphorn tells Susanne about Sa. Who or what is Sa?
2. What law-enforcement agencies are interested in the crimes at Zuni and why?
3. Who are the people who are hunting in Chapter 15, and what are they hunting?
4. Father Ingles is impressed with George Bowlegs. Why?
5. What has Susanne learned about deer from George Bowlegs?
6. What effects does Leaphorn feel from the hypodermic dart?
7. John O'Malley is watching for seven people he believes are involved in the narcotics operation. Who does Leaphorn recognize from the seven photographs?
8. After leaving the Bowlegs hogan in Chapter 14, what is Leaphorn's plan for the investigation.
9. When Dance Hall of the Dead ends, where is Susanne most likely?
10. According to the Zuni beliefs, what will happen if the Shalako ceremonies aren't performed correctly?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)