|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to legend, who teaches Clumsy Boy the prayers for hunting deer?
(a) Father Coyote.
(b) Zuni War God.
(c) Sun Father.
2. What does Leaphorn give Ted Isaacs in the last chapter?
(a) The flint from the fetish.
(b) A turquoise bear.
(c) The prayer plume.
(d) A note from Susanne.
3. What does Ted Isaacs plan to do with the information he receives from Leaphorn in the last chapter?
(a) The reader doesn't learn that.
(b) He decides to go after Susanne.
(c) He decides to be honest and tell the school the truth.
(d) He decides to ignore what can't be proven.
4. What is the color of the mask that Leaphorn describes to Pasquaanti?
5. Who does Leaphorn recognize from the photos that John O'Malley shows him?
(a) Dr. Reynolds.
(b) Ted Isaacs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is missing from the deer?
2. In Chapter 14, Leaphorn is traveling on N.M. 53 until it turns into what road at the state line?
3. In Chapter 16, Leaphorn sees the same kachina mask that he saw at Jason's Fleece. Where else has he seen this image in the book?
4. How many people does Leaphorn estimate would be at Zuni village during Shalako?
5. In Chapter 11, how many sites is Reynolds sponsoring digs on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effects does Leaphorn feel from the hypodermic dart?
2. John O'Malley is watching for seven people he believes are involved in the narcotics operation. Who does Leaphorn recognize from the seven photographs?
3. What relationship do Ted Isaacs and Susanne share and what does Leaphorn think about it?
4. Who is in the procession of the Council of the Gods?
5. What law-enforcement agencies are interested in the crimes at Zuni and why?
6. In Chapter 16, Leaphorn is shot with a hypodermic dart. How was this done?
7. Father Ingles is impressed with George Bowlegs. Why?
8. After leaving the Bowlegs hogan in Chapter 14, what is Leaphorn's plan for the investigation.
9. Leaphorn tells Susanne about Sa. Who or what is Sa?
10. Who are the people who are hunting in Chapter 15, and what are they hunting?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)