|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refers to George Bowlegs as "about half genius and half crazy"?
(a) Ted Isaacs.
(b) Cecil Bowlegs.
(d) Father Ingles.
2. What does Ted Isaacs plan to do with the information he receives from Leaphorn in the last chapter?
(a) The reader doesn't learn that.
(b) He decides to be honest and tell the school the truth.
(c) He decides to go after Susanne.
(d) He decides to ignore what can't be proven.
3. In Chapter 18, what hangs over the Zuni pueblo?
(b) Blue smoke from cooking.
(c) Thin layer of ice crystals.
4. In Chapter 14, Leaphorn is traveling on N.M. 53 until it turns into what road at the state line?
(a) U.S. Highway 40.
(b) Arizona 61.
(c) A.Z. 53
(d) U.S. Highway 666.
5. In Chapter 14, what is hanging on the ranch gate?
(a) A "Property of the Federal Government" sign.
(b) A "No Trespassing" sign.
(c) A wolf skin.
(d) Three coyote skins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ted Isaacs refer to his family?
2. What are Shulawitsi and Salamobia?
3. Where did Ted Isaacs attend college for his undergraduate work?
4. Dance Hall of the Dead takes place over how much time?
5. In Chapter 19, what does Leaphorn find in the alley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Leaphorn realizes who the killer is but can't prove it. He gives the information to two people. Whom does he tell and why?
2. According to the Zuni beliefs, what will happen if the Shalako ceremonies aren't performed correctly?
3. In Chapter 15, what disturbs Leaphorn about the dead deer killed by George Bowlegs?
4. Who are the people who are hunting in Chapter 15, and what are they hunting?
5. Who is in the procession of the Council of the Gods?
6. Describe Father Ingles.
7. Describe Leaphorn's view at the beginning of Chapter 18.
8. In Chapter 16, Leaphorn is shot with a hypodermic dart. How was this done?
9. What is Ted Isaacs's background?
10. What are the Koyemshi, and what is their significance?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)