|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the early part of Chapter 16, what affects Leaphorn's ability to move and talk?
(a) A paralytic drug.
2. According to legend, who teaches Clumsy Boy the prayers for hunting deer?
(b) Sun Father.
(c) Zuni War God.
(d) Father Coyote.
3. What is missing from the deer?
(b) Heart, liver, and gall bladder.
(c) Only the hide.
(d) Some of the venison.
4. In Chapter 14, what is hanging on the ranch gate?
(a) A "No Trespassing" sign.
(b) A "Property of the Federal Government" sign.
(c) A wolf skin.
(d) Three coyote skins.
5. In Chapter 18, what does Leaphorn believe will hide him from others in his stakeout over the Zuni village?
(a) Desert-colored clothing.
(b) Juniper and a boulder.
(c) Scrub brush.
(d) Chamiso and pinon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ted Isaacs plan to do with the information he receives from Leaphorn in the last chapter?
2. How many people does Leaphorn estimate would be at Zuni village during Shalako?
3. What is the normal population of Zuni village?
4. What is Halona?
5. Why does Halsey think the commune's location is legal?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what disturbs Leaphorn about the dead deer killed by George Bowlegs?
2. Describe Father Ingles.
3. According to the Zuni beliefs, what will happen if the Shalako ceremonies aren't performed correctly?
4. In Chapter 16, Leaphorn is shot with a hypodermic dart. How was this done?
5. What law-enforcement agencies are interested in the crimes at Zuni and why?
6. What is Ted Isaacs's background?
7. What are the Koyemshi, and what is their significance?
8. Leaphorn tells Susanne about Sa. Who or what is Sa?
9. Although George Bowlegs is mentioned often in the book, the reader doesn't see him until Chapter 19 when he appears in front of Leaphorn.
10. After leaving the Bowlegs hogan in Chapter 14, what is Leaphorn's plan for the investigation.
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)