|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Leaphorn recognize from the photos that John O'Malley shows him?
(b) Dr. Reynolds.
(c) Ted Isaacs.
2. When was the last time that Father Ingles spoke with Ernesto Cata?
(a) Saturday's Confessional.
(b) Sunday Mass.
(c) School on Friday.
(d) More than a week previously.
3. What is missing from the deer?
(a) Only the hide.
(b) Heart, liver, and gall bladder.
(d) Some of the venison.
4. What do the Mudhead wear during the dance of Shalako?
(a) Ceremonial robes.
(b) Leather breeches, moccasins, and a headband.
(c) Regular clothing and a mask.
(d) Black breechcloth, neck scarf, moccasins, and mask.
5. In Chapter 14, what is hanging on the ranch gate?
(a) Three coyote skins.
(b) A wolf skin.
(c) A "Property of the Federal Government" sign.
(d) A "No Trespassing" sign.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refers to George Bowlegs as "about half genius and half crazy"?
2. What does Leaphorn do while Susanne cries?
3. In Chapter 12, who suggests that the killings are based upon a feud between Navajo and Zuni?
4. What order is Father Ingles with?
5. In Chapter 19, what does Leaphorn find in the alley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effects does Leaphorn feel from the hypodermic dart?
2. Who are the people who are hunting in Chapter 15, and what are they hunting?
3. What is Ted Isaacs's background?
4. After leaving the Bowlegs hogan in Chapter 14, what is Leaphorn's plan for the investigation.
5. When Dance Hall of the Dead ends, where is Susanne most likely?
6. What has Susanne learned about deer from George Bowlegs?
7. In Chapter 16, Leaphorn is shot with a hypodermic dart. How was this done?
8. According to the Zuni beliefs, what will happen if the Shalako ceremonies aren't performed correctly?
9. Describe Father Ingles.
10. Father Ingles is impressed with George Bowlegs. Why?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)