|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Leaphorn experience in college with Tom Bob and Blackie Bisti?
(a) Native American Church meeting.
(c) Road trip.
(d) Visit to a shaman.
2. What does Leaphorn do while Susanne cries?
(a) Turns away to look at the horizon.
(b) Tries to calm her.
(c) Pats her on the back.
(d) Talks about Navajo mythology about death.
3. Who mentions "Thou shall not profane the Sacred Ways of Zuni"?
(a) Ed Pasquaanti.
(b) Father Ingles.
(d) Ernesto's father.
4. What does Ted Isaacs plan to do with the information he receives from Leaphorn in the last chapter?
(a) The reader doesn't learn that.
(b) He decides to be honest and tell the school the truth.
(c) He decides to go after Susanne.
(d) He decides to ignore what can't be proven.
5. Dance Hall of the Dead takes place over how much time?
(a) Eight days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does Leaphorn estimate would be at Zuni village during Shalako?
2. What are Shulawitsi and Salamobia?
3. In Chapter 14, Leaphorn is traveling on N.M. 53 until it turns into what road at the state line?
4. What nickname has Leaphorn given the killer?
5. John O' Malley tells Leaphorn that the killings are related to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 16, Leaphorn is shot with a hypodermic dart. How was this done?
2. Who are the people who are hunting in Chapter 15, and what are they hunting?
3. John O'Malley is watching for seven people he believes are involved in the narcotics operation. Who does Leaphorn recognize from the seven photographs?
4. In Chapter 15, what disturbs Leaphorn about the dead deer killed by George Bowlegs?
5. Although George Bowlegs is mentioned often in the book, the reader doesn't see him until Chapter 19 when he appears in front of Leaphorn.
6. When Dance Hall of the Dead ends, where is Susanne most likely?
7. What relationship do Ted Isaacs and Susanne share and what does Leaphorn think about it?
8. Leaphorn realizes who the killer is but can't prove it. He gives the information to two people. Whom does he tell and why?
9. What are the Koyemshi, and what is their significance?
10. Describe Leaphorn's view at the beginning of Chapter 18.
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)