|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what does Leaphorn believe will hide him from others in his stakeout over the Zuni village?
(a) Scrub brush.
(b) Chamiso and pinon.
(c) Desert-colored clothing.
(d) Juniper and a boulder.
2. John O' Malley tells Leaphorn that the killings are related to what?
(a) Narcotics operation.
(b) Dealing in stolen artifacts.
(d) Money laundering.
3. What is the age and sex of Susanne's sibling?
(a) 10-year-old sister.
(b) 11-year-old brother.
(c) 13-year-old sister.
(d) 14-year-old brother.
4. As Chapter 15 ends, Leaphorn is only able to take how many steps?
5. What nickname has Leaphorn given the killer?
(a) Man with Machete.
(b) Man Who Wore Moccasins.
(c) The Tracker.
(d) Killer of Two.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dance Hall of the Dead takes place over how much time?
2. Who refers to George Bowlegs as "about half genius and half crazy"?
3. When was the last time that Father Ingles spoke with Ernesto Cata?
4. What does Leaphorn do while Susanne cries?
5. Who states that deer are far-sighted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What relationship do Ted Isaacs and Susanne share and what does Leaphorn think about it?
2. Describe Father Ingles.
3. Father Ingles is impressed with George Bowlegs. Why?
4. Who is in the procession of the Council of the Gods?
5. What are the Koyemshi, and what is their significance?
6. Who are the people who are hunting in Chapter 15, and what are they hunting?
7. What law-enforcement agencies are interested in the crimes at Zuni and why?
8. In Chapter 15, what disturbs Leaphorn about the dead deer killed by George Bowlegs?
9. Leaphorn realizes who the killer is but can't prove it. He gives the information to two people. Whom does he tell and why?
10. What has Susanne learned about deer from George Bowlegs?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)