|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kothluwalawa?
(a) Zuni kachina.
(b) Dance Hall of the Dead.
(c) Origin myth.
(d) Zuni village.
2. In Chapter 14, where is the sky-diving exhibition that Leaphorn hears about on the radio?
(a) Yah-Ta-Hey Trading Post.
(b) Painted Desert.
(c) Black Rock Airstrip.
(d) The old Zuni village.
3. What feathers does Leaphorn think he saw on the kachina mask?
(c) Raven or crow.
4. When was the last time that Father Ingles spoke with Ernesto Cata?
(a) Saturday's Confessional.
(b) School on Friday.
(c) Sunday Mass.
(d) More than a week previously.
5. What is the normal population of Zuni village?
Short Answer Questions
1. What taboo did Ernesto worry he had broken?
2. Where did Ted Isaacs attend college for his undergraduate work?
3. Who does Leaphorn accuse of salting the site?
4. What is the color of the mask that Leaphorn describes to Pasquaanti?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 15, what does Leaphorn find on the saddleback slope?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 16, Leaphorn is shot with a hypodermic dart. How was this done?
2. After leaving the Bowlegs hogan in Chapter 14, what is Leaphorn's plan for the investigation.
3. What effects does Leaphorn feel from the hypodermic dart?
4. Leaphorn tells Susanne about Sa. Who or what is Sa?
5. John O'Malley is watching for seven people he believes are involved in the narcotics operation. Who does Leaphorn recognize from the seven photographs?
6. Father Ingles is impressed with George Bowlegs. Why?
7. In Chapter 15, what disturbs Leaphorn about the dead deer killed by George Bowlegs?
8. Who is in the procession of the Council of the Gods?
9. What has Susanne learned about deer from George Bowlegs?
10. What is Ted Isaacs's background?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)