|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what do Leaphorn and Susanne share for dinner?
(a) Beef jerky.
(b) Potted meat.
(c) Candy bar.
(d) An orange.
2. In Chapter 11, how many sites is Reynolds sponsoring digs on?
3. What does Leaphorn give Ted Isaacs in the last chapter?
(a) The prayer plume.
(b) The flint from the fetish.
(c) A turquoise bear.
(d) A note from Susanne.
4. What do the Mudhead wear during the dance of Shalako?
(a) Regular clothing and a mask.
(b) Black breechcloth, neck scarf, moccasins, and mask.
(c) Ceremonial robes.
(d) Leather breeches, moccasins, and a headband.
5. What taboo did Ernesto worry he had broken?
(a) Feeling and expressing anger.
(b) Stealing from Dr. Reynolds' truck.
(c) Teaching George the Zuni religion.
(d) Talking about being Little Fire God to George.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what is hanging on the ranch gate?
2. What is the age and sex of Susanne's sibling?
3. In Chapter 19, what does Leaphorn find in the alley?
4. How many law enforcement agencies are interested in the crimes at Zuni?
5. When was the last time that Father Ingles spoke with Ernesto Cata?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the Koyemshi, and what is their significance?
2. In Chapter 16, Leaphorn is shot with a hypodermic dart. How was this done?
3. Although George Bowlegs is mentioned often in the book, the reader doesn't see him until Chapter 19 when he appears in front of Leaphorn.
4. Leaphorn tells Susanne about Sa. Who or what is Sa?
5. Who is in the procession of the Council of the Gods?
6. Describe Father Ingles.
7. When Dance Hall of the Dead ends, where is Susanne most likely?
8. Describe Leaphorn's view at the beginning of Chapter 18.
9. In Chapter 15, what disturbs Leaphorn about the dead deer killed by George Bowlegs?
10. Leaphorn realizes who the killer is but can't prove it. He gives the information to two people. Whom does he tell and why?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)