|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Shulawitsi and Salamobia?
(a) Important Zuni leaders.
(b) Zuni legends.
(d) Places in Zuni myths.
2. In Chapter 18, what does Leaphorn believe will hide him from others in his stakeout over the Zuni village?
(a) Juniper and a boulder.
(b) Desert-colored clothing.
(c) Scrub brush.
(d) Chamiso and pinon.
3. In Chapter 19, what does Leaphorn find in the alley?
(a) The body of George Bowlegs.
(b) Another fetish.
(c) Only a trail of blood.
(d) The kachina mask he had seen.
4. Who states that deer are far-sighted?
(d) George Bowlegs.
5. According to legend, who teaches Clumsy Boy the prayers for hunting deer?
(a) Zuni War God.
(b) Father Coyote.
(c) Sun Father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refers to George Bowlegs as "about half genius and half crazy"?
2. What feathers does Leaphorn think he saw on the kachina mask?
3. What is the normal population of Zuni village?
4. In Chapter 12, where is grid Seventeen W that Isaacs is working from?
5. In Chapter 14, who performs the third search of the Bowlegs hogan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effects does Leaphorn feel from the hypodermic dart?
2. Who is in the procession of the Council of the Gods?
3. According to the Zuni beliefs, what will happen if the Shalako ceremonies aren't performed correctly?
4. Who are the people who are hunting in Chapter 15, and what are they hunting?
5. What has Susanne learned about deer from George Bowlegs?
6. When Dance Hall of the Dead ends, where is Susanne most likely?
7. In Chapter 16, Leaphorn is shot with a hypodermic dart. How was this done?
8. What is Ted Isaacs's background?
9. Describe Leaphorn's view at the beginning of Chapter 18.
10. Leaphorn tells Susanne about Sa. Who or what is Sa?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)