|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dance Hall of the Dead takes place over how much time?
(a) Five days.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Two weeks.
2. In the early part of Chapter 16, what affects Leaphorn's ability to move and talk?
(a) A paralytic drug.
3. What does Leaphorn find made of blue and yellow songbird feathers in Chapter 19?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A mask.
(c) A prayer plume.
(d) An arrow.
4. How many law enforcement agencies are interested in the crimes at Zuni?
5. In Chapter 16, Leaphorn sees the same kachina mask that he saw at Jason's Fleece. Where else has he seen this image in the book?
(a) At Arizona State.
(b) At the Bowlegs hogan.
(c) In his dreams.
(d) Mural in the Zuni mission.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, to whom does Leaphorn first explain his theory of the crimes?
2. What feathers does Leaphorn think he saw on the kachina mask?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 15, what does Leaphorn find on the saddleback slope?
4. What is the color of the mask that Leaphorn describes to Pasquaanti?
5. When was the last time that Father Ingles spoke with Ernesto Cata?
Short Essay Questions
1. What relationship do Ted Isaacs and Susanne share and what does Leaphorn think about it?
2. What is Ted Isaacs's background?
3. What effects does Leaphorn feel from the hypodermic dart?
4. When Dance Hall of the Dead ends, where is Susanne most likely?
5. In Chapter 15, what disturbs Leaphorn about the dead deer killed by George Bowlegs?
6. Father Ingles is impressed with George Bowlegs. Why?
7. Describe Leaphorn's view at the beginning of Chapter 18.
8. What are the Koyemshi, and what is their significance?
9. Describe Father Ingles.
10. According to the Zuni beliefs, what will happen if the Shalako ceremonies aren't performed correctly?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)