|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Dance Hall of the Dead begin?
(a) December 5.
(b) October 15.
(c) September 25.
(d) November 30.
2. In Chapter 7, how many sets of tracks does Leaphorn find?
3. In Dance Hall of the Dead, what does Shulawitsi mean?
(a) Little Fire God.
(b) Deputy to the Sun.
(c) Dance Hall of the Dead.
(d) Little Sun God.
4. According to Leaphorn, what are the colors of dry country autumn where he lives?
(a) Gold, gray, and green.
(b) Red, orange, and gold.
(c) Blue, gold, and gray.
(d) Crimson, blue, and orange.
5. What does "dinee" mean?
(b) The people.
(c) Anglo or white people.
(d) Navajo police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Navajo way to release a ghost for its infinite wandering?
2. What drug does Leaphorn ask if Otis took?
3. In Chapter 7, who turns down Leaphorn's offer to help dig?
4. Who considers the hippies as generous, ignorant, friendly, bad mannered but well intentioned?
5. On what road is Leaphorn traveling in the last scene of Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe where Ernesto Cata's body is found.
2. Describe Agent Baker and why his appearance doesn't match that of an FBI agent.
3. What does Leaphorn learn from retrieving Cecil's belongings from the hogan in Chapter 9?
4. Why does Frank Bob Madman abandon his hogan?
5. What does George's note to his brother say?
6. Describe the commune called Jason's Fleece.
7. What does Leaphorn learn from Shorty Bowlegs in Chapter 3?
8. What does Leaphorn see standing in the arbor of the commune in Chapter 5?
9. Leaphorn first meets Susanne, one of the inhabitants of the commune in Chapter 6. Describe her.
10. What has George taken from his hogan besides the clothing and the horse, according to his brother?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)