|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is taboo in the eight days leading to Shalako?
(a) Associating with non-Zuni people.
(b) Eating before sundown.
2. In Dance Hall of the Dead, what does Shulawitsi mean?
(a) Little Sun God.
(b) Little Fire God.
(c) Deputy to the Sun.
(d) Dance Hall of the Dead.
3. In Chapter 1, the Little Fire God spies a light on in a camper below him. He guesses that Ted Isaacs is doing what?
(a) Cooking supper.
(b) Cleaning the camper.
(c) Digging at the anthropological site.
4. What is a carryall?
(a) A van.
(b) A first aid kit.
(c) A backpack.
(d) A truck.
5. In Chapter 5, who does Leaphorn witness driving away from the commune?
(a) Dr. Reynolds.
(b) Ted Isaacs.
(c) Two men and two women.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does Leaphorn offer Cecil in an effort to get him to open up?
2. Who was Nashibitti?
3. On what road is Leaphorn traveling in the last scene of Chapter 6?
4. Which of these men is the McKinley County Deputy Sheriff?
5. How many spikes does Leaphorn spy on Cata's right shoe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Leaphorn decides to take his rifle with him into the Bowlegs' hogan in Chapter 8. Why does he do this?
2. Describe John O'Malley.
3. Describe the vehicle that Leaphorn travels in.
4. What case had Leaphorn been working on before he was summoned to Zuni in Chapter 2?
5. Explain the Reynolds Theory.
6. In Chapter 7, Leaphorn spends several hours at the site where the bicycle was found. What is he doing for all that time and why?
7. What Navajo custom does Leaphorn honor when he arrives at the Bowlegs' hogan?
8. Describe the commune called Jason's Fleece.
9. In Chapter 6, what does Leaphorn learn when he checks in with the Ramah chapter house?
10. In Chapter 1, why are there some things that the Little Fire God's friend, George Bowlegs, can't know?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)