|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distance does Leaphorn stop his truck from the roped-off dig site?
(a) 50 feet.
(b) 25 feet.
(c) 15 feet.
(d) 75 feet.
2. In Chapter 2, what road does Leaphorn take from Shiprock to Zuni?
(a) N.M. 53.
(b) Interstate 40.
(c) S.H. 52.
(d) The name of the road isn't mentioned.
3. Who says, "Somebody should have warned Custer"?
4. In gathering up Cecil's clothing in Chapter 9, what does Leaphorn pack in a grocery sack?
(a) A shirt, underwear, and three pairs of socks.
(b) Underwear and two pairs of socks.
(c) A pair of pants and a shirt.
(d) A single shirt.
5. In Chapter 2, where is George Bowlegs last reportedly seen?
(a) With Cata.
(b) With Cata's bike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Belacani?
2. In Chapter 3, how does Leaphorn think of the Zuni village?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Leaphorn find hanging from the hogan blanket rope?
4. What grade in school are the two boys, Ernesto Cata and George Bowlegs?
5. What mark is found on both Leaphorn's carryall and his shirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe John O'Malley.
2. How are the living conditions for the Zuni different from that of the Navajo?
3. What had happened the last time that Ted Isaacs had seen Ernesto Cata and George Bowlegs?
4. Leaphorn talks to young Navajo neighbors of the commune about its inhabitants. What information do they give Leaphorn?
5. What kinds of tracks are found at the last place where Ernesto Cata is supposed to be?
6. What does Leaphorn learn from Shorty Bowlegs in Chapter 3?
7. Describe Ted Isaacs' appearance.
8. Susanne is taking care of Otis, who she explains is sick. What is wrong with Otis in Leaphorn's opinion?
9. Describe the commune called Jason's Fleece.
10. What does Leaphorn learn from retrieving Cecil's belongings from the hogan in Chapter 9?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)