Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does Leaphorn offer Cecil in an effort to get him to open up?
(a) A cola.
(b) A candy car.
(c) A ride into town.
(d) A cigarette.
2. In Chapter 4, who is Ted Isaac's only companion for two days?
(b) Dr. Reynolds.
(c) A female horned lark.
(d) A scorpion.
3. When does <i>Dance Hall of the Dead</i> begin?
(a) December 5.
(b) September 25.
(c) October 15.
(d) November 30.
4. Who is having a birthday in a few days and turning 13?
(a) Cecil Bowlegs.
(b) Pasquaanti's son.
(c) Ernesto Cata.
(d) George Bowlegs.
5. How many spikes does Leaphorn spy on Cata's right shoe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What distance does Leaphorn stop his truck from the roped-off dig site?
2. Where is Leaphorn at 7:22 a.m. on December 2?
3. Who wrote "Paleo-Indian Cultures in North America"?
4. In Chapter 1, the Little Fire God reaches the end of his run and sees his bicycle. Who does he expect to be waiting?
5. In Chapter 8, who is the man in the blue shirt that Leaphorn sees at the door?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the Reynolds Theory.
2. Susanne is taking care of Otis, who she explains is sick. What is wrong with Otis in Leaphorn's opinion?
3. Who are the people who are hunting in Chapter 15, and what are they hunting?
4. Describe Father Ingles.
5. What does Leaphorn find when he enters the Bowlegs' hogan?
6. Describe Leaphorn's view at the beginning of Chapter 18.
7. Leaphorn believes that George Bowlegs can survive easily enough in the wild until the snow comes. How does Leaphorn expect George to survive?
8. Describe Agent Baker and why his appearance doesn't match that of an FBI agent.
9. Describe the landscape in Chapter 1.
10. Leaphorn talks to young Navajo neighbors of the commune about its inhabitants. What information do they give Leaphorn?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)