|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Naranjo's hat made of?
(d) He doesn't wear a hat.
2. According to Leaphorn's observations, how many men and women live at the commune?
(a) Five men and two women.
(b) Three men and five women.
(c) Four men and three women.
(d) Six men and four women.
3. In Chapter 1, the Little Fire God spies a light on in a camper below him. He guesses that Ted Isaacs is doing what?
(a) Cooking supper.
(b) Digging at the anthropological site.
(c) Cleaning the camper.
4. Where do the hippies in the commune sometimes give rides to Young Husband and Young Wife?
(a) Gallup and Farmington.
(b) Ramah and Gallup.
(c) Shiprock and Ramah.
(d) Albuquerque and Farmington.
5. In <i>Dance Hall of the Dead,</i> what does Shulawitsi mean?
(a) Deputy to the Sun.
(b) Little Fire God.
(c) Little Sun God.
(d) Dance Hall of the Dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Somebody should have warned Custer"?
2. What is a kachina?
3. Ernesto Cata is one of the missing boys. What other name or role does the reader know Cata by?
4. What is Leaphorn's clan?
5. In Chapter 5, approximately how many sheep does Leaphorn see at the commune?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effects does Leaphorn feel from the hypodermic dart?
2. How do the four original men working this case react to Agents O'Malley and Baker?
3. Leaphorn decides to take his rifle with him into the Bowlegs' hogan in Chapter 8. Why does he do this?
4. How are the living conditions for the Zuni different from that of the Navajo?
5. After leaving the Bowlegs hogan in Chapter 14, what is Leaphorn's plan for the investigation.
6. In Chapter 8, why does Leaphorn decide to return to Shorty Bowlegs' hogan?
7. Describe the commune called Jason's Fleece.
8. In Chapter 16, Leaphorn is shot with a hypodermic dart. How was this done?
9. Describe the boy called the Little Fire God in Chapter 1.
10. Describe the landscape in Chapter 1.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)