|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what is being whipped into a frantic thrashing?
(a) The wind.
(b) Juniper limbs.
(c) The door to the hogan.
2. In Chapter 6, for whom does Leaphorn feel an amused attraction?
(a) Dr. Reynolds.
(b) Alice Madman.
(c) Young Wife.
3. Isaacs shows Leaphorn a rectangular pink stone from the butt-end of a lance point. What is it made of?
(a) Flaked flint.
(b) Parallet quartz.
(c) Petrified granite.
(d) Silicified bamboo.
4. In Chapter 10, what does Leaphorn think is significant that O'Malley doesn't?
(a) The note George left for Cecil.
(b) The appearance of the bird man kachina.
(c) Shorty Bowleg's death.
(d) The missing Bowlegs horse.
5. Who is in charge of the investigation introduced in Chapter 2?
(a) Ed Pasquaanti.
(b) J.D. Hightower.
(c) Cipriano Naranjo.
(d) Joe Leaphorn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Belacani?
2. What drug does Leaphorn ask if Otis took?
3. Who says, "Somebody should have warned Custer"?
4. What is Pasquaanti's job?
5. What does Leaphorn bring out of the hogan that belongs to George?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leaphorn learn from retrieving Cecil's belongings from the hogan in Chapter 9?
2. What is the boy in Chapter 1 training for?
3. Describe where Ernesto Cata's body is found.
4. Leaphorn first meets Susanne, one of the inhabitants of the commune in Chapter 6. Describe her.
5. What are Leaphorn's plans for Cecil after his father's death?
6. Explain the Reynolds Theory.
7. Susanne is taking care of Otis, who she explains is sick. What is wrong with Otis in Leaphorn's opinion?
8. Explain the Bow Society as mentioned in Dance Hall of the Dead?
9. What case had Leaphorn been working on before he was summoned to Zuni in Chapter 2?
10. What Navajo custom does Leaphorn honor when he arrives at the Bowlegs' hogan?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)