|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Navajo friend of the Little Fire God?
(b) Father Ingles.
(c) George Bowlegs.
(d) Ted Isaacs.
2. Who says, "When the dung beetle moves, know that something has moved it"?
(a) Joe Leaphorn.
(b) Ed Pasquaanti.
(c) Hosteen Nashibitti.
(d) Cata's uncle.
3. What language do words like Shulawitsi and Shalako come from?
4. According to Cecil, who stole something from the anthropologists at the dig site?
(a) Ernesto Cata.
(b) A kachina.
(c) The hippies at the commune.
(d) George Bowlegs.
5. In Chapter 6, Leaphorn comes up with another explanation for the blood found where Ernesto Cata was last found?
(a) The blood of an unknown person.
(b) George Bowleg's blood.
(c) Deer blood.
(d) Sheep blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how many sets of tracks does Leaphorn find?
2. What distance does Leaphorn stop his truck from the roped-off dig site?
3. In Chapter 10, the death of someone by a heroin overdose is mentioned. Who died?
4. In Chapter 4, who is Ted Isaac's only companion for two days?
5. What does "dinee" mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What Navajo custom does Leaphorn honor when he arrives at the Bowlegs' hogan?
2. What had happened the last time that Ted Isaacs had seen Ernesto Cata and George Bowlegs?
3. Describe the commune called Jason's Fleece.
4. Leaphorn believes that George Bowlegs can survive easily enough in the wild until the snow comes. How does Leaphorn expect George to survive?
5. Describe Agent Baker and why his appearance doesn't match that of an FBI agent.
6. Describe the boy called the Little Fire God in Chapter 1.
7. Describe Ted Isaacs' appearance.
8. Describe John O'Malley.
9. Leaphorn decides to take his rifle with him into the Bowlegs' hogan in Chapter 8. Why does he do this?
10. In Chapter 6, what does Leaphorn learn when he checks in with the Ramah chapter house?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)