|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Up to how many people live in a Zuni home?
(a) Less than eight.
(b) Fifteen to twenty.
(c) Twenty-five or thirty.
2. In Chapter 2, what road does Leaphorn take from Shiprock to Zuni?
(a) Interstate 40.
(b) The name of the road isn't mentioned.
(c) N.M. 53.
(d) S.H. 52.
3. According to Leaphorn's observations, how many men and women live at the commune?
(a) Four men and three women.
(b) Three men and five women.
(c) Five men and two women.
(d) Six men and four women.
4. How many people originally settled the commune?
5. In Chapter 10, where does Leaphorn drive to after the meeting?
(a) The commune.
(b) The anthropological site.
(c) St. Anthony's.
(d) The Zuni River.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what does Isaacs write on the envelope?
2. In Chapter 10, why is O'Malley angry with Leaphorn?
3. In Chapter 6, who is wearing good, but dirty boots?
4. In Chapter 2, Leaphorn is given an assignment. What is it?
5. In Chapter 8, Leaphorn hears the sound of a bell. What does it come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leaphorn see standing in the arbor of the commune in Chapter 5?
2. Why does Frank Bob Madman abandon his hogan?
3. Explain the Reynolds Theory.
4. What had George asked of Susanne the last time she saw him?
5. Describe Agent Baker and why his appearance doesn't match that of an FBI agent.
6. Leaphorn talks to young Navajo neighbors of the commune about its inhabitants. What information do they give Leaphorn?
7. What does George's note to his brother say?
8. Describe the boy called the Little Fire God in Chapter 1.
9. Leaphorn decides to take his rifle with him into the Bowlegs' hogan in Chapter 8. Why does he do this?
10. What Navajo custom does Leaphorn honor when he arrives at the Bowlegs' hogan?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)