|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, Leaphorn talks to Young Husband, a neighbor to the commune. Where has Young Husband spent 12 months?
(c) New York.
2. How many people originally settled the commune?
3. Who says, "When the dung beetle moves, know that something has moved it"?
(a) Cata's uncle.
(b) Hosteen Nashibitti.
(c) Ed Pasquaanti.
(d) Joe Leaphorn.
4. In Chapter 2, where is George Bowlegs last reportedly seen?
(a) With Cata.
(d) With Cata's bike.
5. What grade in school are the two boys, Ernesto Cata and George Bowlegs?
(a) They are in different grades.
(b) 8th grade.
(c) 7th grade.
(d) 6th grade.
Short Answer Questions
1. In gathering up Cecil's clothing in Chapter 9, what does Leaphorn pack in a grocery sack?
2. Who is in charge of the investigation introduced in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 6, what is the last message that Leaphorn receives from the Window Rock operator?
4. What is a carryall?
5. What language do words like Shulawitsi and Shalako come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frank Bob Madman abandon his hogan?
2. What has George taken from his hogan besides the clothing and the horse, according to his brother?
3. Explain the Reynolds Theory.
4. What kinds of tracks are found at the last place where Ernesto Cata is supposed to be?
5. What had happened the last time that Ted Isaacs had seen Ernesto Cata and George Bowlegs?
6. What is the job given to Lieutenant Joe Leaphorn in Chapter 2 and why?
7. What does Leaphorn see standing in the arbor of the commune in Chapter 5?
8. Describe John O'Malley.
9. Leaphorn talks to young Navajo neighbors of the commune about its inhabitants. What information do they give Leaphorn?
10. Describe Agent Baker and why his appearance doesn't match that of an FBI agent.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)