|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In gathering up Cecil's clothing in Chapter 9, what does Leaphorn pack in a grocery sack?
(a) Underwear and two pairs of socks.
(b) A pair of pants and a shirt.
(c) A shirt, underwear, and three pairs of socks.
(d) A single shirt.
2. What drug does Leaphorn ask if Otis took?
3. In Chapter 7, what type of bird is startled from the junipers?
(d) Pinon jay.
4. What is Pasquaanti's job?
(a) Federal Agent.
(b) Navajo Policeman.
(c) State Policeman.
(d) Chief of Zuni Police.
5. Who refers to Leaphorn as Navajo fuzz?
(a) Young Husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leaphorn recognizes Agent Baker as what?
2. In Chapter 8, what is being whipped into a frantic thrashing?
3. Who wrote "Paleo-Indian Cultures in North America"?
4. In Chapter 10, what does Leaphorn think is significant that O'Malley doesn't?
5. What kind of lunchbox does Cecil have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Leaphorn talks to young Navajo neighbors of the commune about its inhabitants. What information do they give Leaphorn?
2. What are Leaphorn's plans for Cecil after his father's death?
3. What relationship do Ted Isaacs and Susanne share and what does Leaphorn think about it?
4. Although George Bowlegs is mentioned often in the book, the reader doesn't see him until Chapter 19 when he appears in front of Leaphorn.
5. Describe John O'Malley.
6. Leaphorn first meets Susanne, one of the inhabitants of the commune in Chapter 6. Describe her.
7. Explain the Bow Society as mentioned in <i>Dance Hall of the Dead</i>?
8. What is the job given to Lieutenant Joe Leaphorn in Chapter 2 and why?
9. Leaphorn tells Susanne about Sa. Who or what is Sa?
10. Who is in the procession of the Council of the Gods?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)