|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cecil's lunchbox say on it?
(a) Cecil Bowlegs.
(b) It says nothing.
(c) Happiness is a strong kite string.
(d) St. Anthony School.
2. In Chapter 7, what type of bird is startled from the junipers?
(b) Pinon jay.
3. In Chapter 8, who does Leaphorn consider the last untapped possibility?
(a) Shorty Bowlegs.
(b) George Bowlegs.
(c) Ted Isaacs.
4. In Chapter 2, where is George Bowlegs last reportedly seen?
(a) With Cata's bike.
(b) With Cata.
5. In Chapter 5, who does Leaphorn witness driving away from the commune?
(b) Ted Isaacs.
(c) Dr. Reynolds.
(d) Two men and two women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is taboo in the eight days leading to Shalako?
2. In Chapter 1, what is stenciled on the back of the Little Fire God's sweatshirt?
3. About what time did George leave the commune?
4. According to Cecil in Chapter 9, George said he was going to look for some kachinas at a place he couldn't pronounce. What letter does the place start with?
5. Who says, "Somebody should have warned Custer"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frank Bob Madman abandon his hogan?
2. Leaphorn first meets Susanne, one of the inhabitants of the commune in Chapter 6. Describe her.
3. What is the job given to Lieutenant Joe Leaphorn in Chapter 2 and why?
4. Describe the boy called the Little Fire God in Chapter 1.
5. The reader learns about a member of Leaphorn's family in Chapter 7. Summarize who it is and why this person is important to Leaphorn.
6. Explain the Bow Society as mentioned in Dance Hall of the Dead?
7. What Navajo custom does Leaphorn honor when he arrives at the Bowlegs' hogan?
8. What is the boy in Chapter 1 training for?
9. Leaphorn believes that George Bowlegs can survive easily enough in the wild until the snow comes. How does Leaphorn expect George to survive?
10. What does Leaphorn see standing in the arbor of the commune in Chapter 5?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)