|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mark is found on both Leaphorn's carryall and his shirt?
(a) A round seal with a picture of a buffalo.
(b) A square patch with a picture of an arrow.
(c) A round seal saying Navajo.
(d) A square patch with the state seal.
2. In Chapter 1, the Little Fire God spies a light on in a camper below him. He guesses that Ted Isaacs is doing what?
(b) Digging at the anthropological site.
(c) Cooking supper.
(d) Cleaning the camper.
3. What language do words like Shulawitsi and Shalako come from?
4. Which of these men is the McKinley County Deputy Sheriff?
(a) Howard Highsmith.
(b) J.D. Highsmith.
(c) Cipriano Naranjo.
(d) James Naranjo.
5. In Chapter 10, the death of someone by a heroin overdose is mentioned. Who died?
(a) A Navajo rodeo performer.
(b) A kid at the Catholic school.
(c) Someone on the Navajo tribal council.
(d) A white teen on Navajo land.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, who is wearing good, but dirty boots?
2. Where did Leaphorn attend college?
3. What does Leaphorn bring out of the hogan that belongs to George?
4. According to Susanne in Chapter 6, what had George asked her about the day before?
5. According to Leaphorn's observations, how many men and women live at the commune?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the landscape in Chapter 1.
2. How are the living conditions for the Zuni different from that of the Navajo?
3. Explain the Bow Society as mentioned in Dance Hall of the Dead?
4. In Chapter 7, Leaphorn spends several hours at the site where the bicycle was found. What is he doing for all that time and why?
5. The reader learns about a member of Leaphorn's family in Chapter 7. Summarize who it is and why this person is important to Leaphorn.
6. What is distracting Leaphorn at the beginning of Chapter 10?
7. Susanne is taking care of Otis, who she explains is sick. What is wrong with Otis in Leaphorn's opinion?
8. What Navajo custom does Leaphorn honor when he arrives at the Bowlegs' hogan?
9. Leaphorn believes that George Bowlegs can survive easily enough in the wild until the snow comes. How does Leaphorn expect George to survive?
10. How do the four original men working this case react to Agents O'Malley and Baker?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)