|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cecil, who stole something from the anthropologists at the dig site?
(a) The hippies at the commune.
(b) Ernesto Cata.
(c) A kachina.
(d) George Bowlegs.
2. In Chapter 1, the Little Fire God spies a light on in a camper below him. He guesses that Ted Isaacs is doing what?
(a) Cleaning the camper.
(b) Cooking supper.
(d) Digging at the anthropological site.
3. Who tells Leaphorn that kachinas are invisible unless you're about to die?
(a) Ed Pasquaanti.
(b) The commune neighbors.
(c) A college roommate.
(d) Father Ingles.
4. In Chapter 9, Leaphorn deduces that a horse is missing. Who has it?
(b) George Bowlegs.
(c) Dr. Reynolds.
5. Who are Bacobi and Atarque?
(a) Ernesto Cata's uncles.
(b) Bureau of Indian Affairs employees.
(c) Navajo herders.
(d) Zuni police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of lunchbox does Cecil have?
2. In Chapter 6, who is wearing good, but dirty boots?
3. In Chapter 10, what does Leaphorn think is significant that O'Malley doesn't?
4. What grade in school are the two boys, Ernesto Cata and George Bowlegs?
5. What did Susanne make George take from her the last time she saw him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cecil Bowlegs call Leaphorn "uncle"? Are they related?
2. What Navajo custom does Leaphorn honor when he arrives at the Bowlegs' hogan?
3. What does "kachina" mean in Chapter 3?
4. Leaphorn decides to take his rifle with him into the Bowlegs' hogan in Chapter 8. Why does he do this?
5. What does Leaphorn learn from Shorty Bowlegs in Chapter 3?
6. In Chapter 6, what does Leaphorn learn when he checks in with the Ramah chapter house?
7. What does Leaphorn see standing in the arbor of the commune in Chapter 5?
8. Describe Ted Isaacs' appearance.
9. In Chapter 8, why does Leaphorn decide to return to Shorty Bowlegs' hogan?
10. What had happened the last time that Ted Isaacs had seen Ernesto Cata and George Bowlegs?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)