|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cecil in Chapter 9, George said he was going to look for some kachinas at a place he couldn't pronounce. What letter does the place start with?
2. In Chapter 5, what surprise does Leaphorn see emerging from the arbor?
(a) A human with a deer head.
(b) George Bowlegs.
(c) A human with a bird head.
(d) Ted Isaacs.
3. Who is the young person with the shaved head at the commune?
4. In Chapter 3, who says that George ran away from the kachina?
(a) Shorty Bowlegs.
(b) Joe Leaphorn.
(c) Ed Pasquaanti.
(d) Cecil Bowlegs.
5. What is Pasquaanti's job?
(a) Navajo Policeman.
(b) State Policeman.
(c) Federal Agent.
(d) Chief of Zuni Police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Naranjo's hat made of?
2. In Chapter 9, why is Cecil worried about removing anything from the hogan?
3. What mark is found on both Leaphorn's carryall and his shirt?
4. In Chapter 8, Leaphorn hears the sound of a bell. What does it come from?
5. What is taboo in the eight days leading to Shalako?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, why does Leaphorn decide to return to Shorty Bowlegs' hogan?
2. What are Leaphorn's plans for Cecil after his father's death?
3. What had happened the last time that Ted Isaacs had seen Ernesto Cata and George Bowlegs?
4. Leaphorn believes that George Bowlegs can survive easily enough in the wild until the snow comes. How does Leaphorn expect George to survive?
5. What is distracting Leaphorn at the beginning of Chapter 10?
6. Describe the landscape in Chapter 1.
7. What has George taken from his hogan besides the clothing and the horse, according to his brother?
8. In Chapter 6, what does Leaphorn learn when he checks in with the Ramah chapter house?
9. The reader learns about a member of Leaphorn's family in Chapter 7. Summarize who it is and why this person is important to Leaphorn.
10. In Chapter 1, why are there some things that the Little Fire God's friend, George Bowlegs, can't know?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)