|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, the death of someone by a heroin overdose is mentioned. Who died?
(a) A Navajo rodeo performer.
(b) Someone on the Navajo tribal council.
(c) A kid at the Catholic school.
(d) A white teen on Navajo land.
2. By a white man's standards, what is Shorty Bowlegs net worth?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Leaphorn find hanging from the hogan blanket rope?
(b) Shorty Bowlegs.
4. In Chapter 9, Leaphorn deduces that a horse is missing. Who has it?
(b) George Bowlegs.
(d) Dr. Reynolds.
5. How many spikes does Leaphorn spy on Cata's right shoe?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who considers the hippies as generous, ignorant, friendly, bad mannered but well intentioned?
2. In Chapter 6, for whom does Leaphorn feel an amused attraction?
3. In Chapter 7, what type of bird is startled from the junipers?
4. Who are Bacobi and Atarque?
5. What kind of lunchbox does Cecil have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had George asked of Susanne the last time she saw him?
2. The reader learns about a member of Leaphorn's family in Chapter 7. Summarize who it is and why this person is important to Leaphorn.
3. What does Leaphorn learn from retrieving Cecil's belongings from the hogan in Chapter 9?
4. What does Leaphorn learn from Shorty Bowlegs in Chapter 3?
5. Leaphorn decides to take his rifle with him into the Bowlegs' hogan in Chapter 8. Why does he do this?
6. What case had Leaphorn been working on before he was summoned to Zuni in Chapter 2?
7. What are Leaphorn's plans for Cecil after his father's death?
8. Describe the commune called Jason's Fleece.
9. What does "kachina" mean in Chapter 3?
10. How are the living conditions for the Zuni different from that of the Navajo?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)