|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the secret name given to Nashibitti at the Night Way Ceremonial?
(a) She Who is Wise.
(b) He Who Asks Questions.
(c) She Who Remains Silent.
(d) He Who Gives Answers.
2. What did Susanne make George take from her the last time she saw him?
(a) Her old blue quilted jacket.
(c) Some venison.
(d) A charm to protect him.
3. Isaacs shows Leaphorn a rectangular pink stone from the butt-end of a lance point. What is it made of?
(a) Parallet quartz.
(b) Silicified bamboo.
(c) Flaked flint.
(d) Petrified granite.
4. What is Leaphorn's clan?
(a) Slow-Talking People Clan.
(b) Always-Running Clan.
(c) Speaks-Wisely Clan.
(d) Red-Faced Clan.
5. In gathering up Cecil's clothing in Chapter 9, what does Leaphorn pack in a grocery sack?
(a) A shirt, underwear, and three pairs of socks.
(b) A pair of pants and a shirt.
(c) Underwear and two pairs of socks.
(d) A single shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who considers the hippies as generous, ignorant, friendly, bad mannered but well intentioned?
2. Who lives in the old hogans behind Hoski Butte?
3. What is Pasquaanti's job?
4. What is Naranjo's hat made of?
5. Who is the Navajo friend of the Little Fire God?
Short Essay Questions
1. Leaphorn first meets Susanne, one of the inhabitants of the commune in Chapter 6. Describe her.
2. Explain the Bow Society as mentioned in Dance Hall of the Dead?
3. What had happened the last time that Ted Isaacs had seen Ernesto Cata and George Bowlegs?
4. Describe Agent Baker and why his appearance doesn't match that of an FBI agent.
5. Describe Ted Isaacs' appearance.
6. Why does Cecil Bowlegs call Leaphorn "uncle"? Are they related?
7. What is the boy in Chapter 1 training for?
8. What does Leaphorn see standing in the arbor of the commune in Chapter 5?
9. What has George taken from his hogan besides the clothing and the horse, according to his brother?
10. Describe where Ernesto Cata's body is found.
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)