|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leaphorn bring out of the hogan that belongs to George?
(a) A fetish.
(b) A ragged shirt.
(c) Odds and ends.
2. Ernesto Cata is one of the missing boys. What other name or role does the reader know Cata by?
(a) The Little Fire God.
(b) The Little Sun God.
(c) Badger Spirit.
(d) Zuni Kachina.
3. According to Leaphorn's observations, how many men and women live at the commune?
(a) Three men and five women.
(b) Four men and three women.
(c) Six men and four women.
(d) Five men and two women.
4. What is a carryall?
(a) A first aid kit.
(b) A backpack.
(c) A truck.
(d) A van.
5. According to Susanne in Chapter 6, what had George asked her about the day before?
(a) Kachina forgiveness or absolution.
(b) Where to find a kachina.
(c) Converting to Zuni religion.
(d) How to become a shaman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what face turns to scarred white ice?
2. In Chapter 9, what is the fetish that Leaphorn finds?
3. On what road is Leaphorn traveling in the last scene of Chapter 6?
4. What language do words like Shulawitsi and Shalako come from?
5. Where do the hippies in the commune sometimes give rides to Young Husband and Young Wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the vehicle that Leaphorn travels in.
2. Leaphorn first meets Susanne, one of the inhabitants of the commune in Chapter 6. Describe her.
3. What kinds of tracks are found at the last place where Ernesto Cata is supposed to be?
4. Why does Frank Bob Madman abandon his hogan?
5. What does Leaphorn learn from retrieving Cecil's belongings from the hogan in Chapter 9?
6. What are Leaphorn's plans for Cecil after his father's death?
7. The reader learns about a member of Leaphorn's family in Chapter 7. Summarize who it is and why this person is important to Leaphorn.
8. Leaphorn believes that George Bowlegs can survive easily enough in the wild until the snow comes. How does Leaphorn expect George to survive?
9. Explain the Reynolds Theory.
10. What had George asked of Susanne the last time she saw him?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)