|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what road is Leaphorn traveling in the last scene of Chapter 6?
(a) Interstate 40.
(b) N.M. 53.
(c) The wagon trail.
(d) The Ramah-Ojo Caliente Road.
2. In gathering up Cecil's clothing in Chapter 9, what does Leaphorn pack in a grocery sack?
(a) A shirt, underwear, and three pairs of socks.
(b) Underwear and two pairs of socks.
(c) A pair of pants and a shirt.
(d) A single shirt.
3. In Chapter 4, who is Ted Isaac's only companion for two days?
(a) A scorpion.
(c) Dr. Reynolds.
(d) A female horned lark.
4. In Chapter 6, who is wearing good, but dirty boots?
5. In Chapter 10, the death of someone by a heroin overdose is mentioned. Who died?
(a) A white teen on Navajo land.
(b) Someone on the Navajo tribal council.
(c) A kid at the Catholic school.
(d) A Navajo rodeo performer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, for whom does Leaphorn feel an amused attraction?
2. In Chapter 2, Leaphorn is given an assignment. What is it?
3. In Chapter 3, how does Leaphorn think of the Zuni village?
4. In Chapter 8, what is being whipped into a frantic thrashing?
5. How many people originally settled the commune?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leaphorn learn from retrieving Cecil's belongings from the hogan in Chapter 9?
2. What does Leaphorn learn from Shorty Bowlegs in Chapter 3?
3. What does Leaphorn see standing in the arbor of the commune in Chapter 5?
4. Describe the boy called the Little Fire God in Chapter 1.
5. Leaphorn decides to take his rifle with him into the Bowlegs' hogan in Chapter 8. Why does he do this?
6. Why does Cecil Bowlegs call Leaphorn "uncle"? Are they related?
7. What had George asked of Susanne the last time she saw him?
8. In Chapter 6, what does Leaphorn learn when he checks in with the Ramah chapter house?
9. Leaphorn believes that George Bowlegs can survive easily enough in the wild until the snow comes. How does Leaphorn expect George to survive?
10. Why does Frank Bob Madman abandon his hogan?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)