|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is John O' Malley?
(a) A member of the Arizona State Bureau of Investigation.
(b) An officer of the Highway Patrol.
(c) FBI agent.
(d) Leaphorn's superior in the Navajo Tribe.
2. Whom does Leaphorn leave Cecil with after the death of Shorty Bowlegs?
(a) A Franciscan brother at St. Anthony's.
(b) The Cata family.
(c) Jason's Fleece.
(d) Navajo Social Services.
3. What does Leaphorn bring out of the hogan that belongs to George?
(a) A fetish.
(c) Odds and ends.
(d) A ragged shirt.
4. Up to how many people live in a Zuni home?
(a) Fifteen to twenty.
(c) Twenty-five or thirty.
(d) Less than eight.
5. Who owns the land where the commune sheep graze?
(a) Frank Bob Madman.
(b) The Navajo tribe.
(c) Alice Madman.
(d) The Zuni tribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who does Leaphorn consider the last untapped possibility?
2. Who says, "When the dung beetle moves, know that something has moved it"?
3. What grade in school are the two boys, Ernesto Cata and George Bowlegs?
4. Who wrote "Paleo-Indian Cultures in North America"?
5. Who mentions a treaty between the Zuni and the Turks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ted Isaacs' appearance.
2. The reader learns about a member of Leaphorn's family in Chapter 7. Summarize who it is and why this person is important to Leaphorn.
3. Leaphorn decides to take his rifle with him into the Bowlegs' hogan in Chapter 8. Why does he do this?
4. Why does Cecil Bowlegs call Leaphorn "uncle"? Are they related?
5. What does Leaphorn learn from Shorty Bowlegs in Chapter 3?
6. What is the job given to Lieutenant Joe Leaphorn in Chapter 2 and why?
7. Leaphorn talks to young Navajo neighbors of the commune about its inhabitants. What information do they give Leaphorn?
8. What is the boy in Chapter 1 training for?
9. What does Leaphorn learn from retrieving Cecil's belongings from the hogan in Chapter 9?
10. Describe the boy called the Little Fire God in Chapter 1.
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)