|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the young person with the shaved head at the commune?
2. What does "dinee" mean?
(a) The people.
(c) Navajo police.
(d) Anglo or white people.
3. By a white man's standards, what is Shorty Bowlegs net worth?
4. In Chapter 6, Leaphorn comes up with another explanation for the blood found where Ernesto Cata was last found?
(a) George Bowleg's blood.
(b) The blood of an unknown person.
(c) Sheep blood.
(d) Deer blood.
5. According to a neighbor, where is the owner of the commune land believed to live?
(a) Window Rock.
(c) Santa Fe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, the Little Fire God spies a light on in a camper below him. He guesses that Ted Isaacs is doing what?
2. What is the proper cure for any who have been touched by Shorty's death?
3. In Chapter 10, the death of someone by a heroin overdose is mentioned. Who died?
4. Who tells Leaphorn that kachinas are invisible unless you're about to die?
5. Who refers to Leaphorn as Navajo fuzz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had happened the last time that Ted Isaacs had seen Ernesto Cata and George Bowlegs?
2. What does Leaphorn learn from Shorty Bowlegs in Chapter 3?
3. Describe where Ernesto Cata's body is found.
4. Describe the boy called the Little Fire God in Chapter 1.
5. Describe the vehicle that Leaphorn travels in.
6. Susanne is taking care of Otis, who she explains is sick. What is wrong with Otis in Leaphorn's opinion?
7. Explain the Bow Society as mentioned in Dance Hall of the Dead?
8. In Chapter 1, why are there some things that the Little Fire God's friend, George Bowlegs, can't know?
9. Describe Agent Baker and why his appearance doesn't match that of an FBI agent.
10. What had George asked of Susanne the last time she saw him?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)