|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, Leaphorn talks to Young Husband, a neighbor to the commune. Where has Young Husband spent 12 months?
(b) New York.
2. What does Leaphorn find in the Bowleg's stables?
(a) Tracks of two horses.
(b) One horse.
(c) Cecil Bowlegs.
(d) Two horses.
3. In Chapter 6, where is Leaphorn planning to sleep?
(a) In Window Rock.
(b) At home.
(c) At the Ramah chapter house.
(d) In his truck.
4. In Chapter 3, who says that George ran away from the kachina?
(a) Ed Pasquaanti.
(b) Cecil Bowlegs.
(c) Shorty Bowlegs.
(d) Joe Leaphorn.
5. What does "dinee" mean?
(a) Navajo police.
(b) The people.
(d) Anglo or white people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is having a birthday in a few days and turning 13?
2. On what road is Leaphorn traveling in the last scene of Chapter 6?
3. According to Leaphorn's observations, how many men and women live at the commune?
4. According to Susanne in Chapter 6, what had George asked her about the day before?
5. What is a carryall?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 1, why are there some things that the Little Fire God's friend, George Bowlegs, can't know?
2. Describe the boy called the Little Fire God in Chapter 1.
3. Father Ingles is impressed with George Bowlegs. Why?
4. In Chapter 7, Leaphorn spends several hours at the site where the bicycle was found. What is he doing for all that time and why?
5. In Chapter 8, why does Leaphorn decide to return to Shorty Bowlegs' hogan?
6. According to the Zuni beliefs, what will happen if the Shalako ceremonies aren't performed correctly?
7. Leaphorn believes that George Bowlegs can survive easily enough in the wild until the snow comes. How does Leaphorn expect George to survive?
8. What relationship do Ted Isaacs and Susanne share and what does Leaphorn think about it?
9. Describe Father Ingles.
10. What does Leaphorn find when he enters the Bowlegs' hogan?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)