|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who says that George ran away from the kachina?
(a) Ed Pasquaanti.
(b) Shorty Bowlegs.
(c) Joe Leaphorn.
(d) Cecil Bowlegs.
2. According to Cecil in Chapter 9, George said he was going to look for some kachinas at a place he couldn't pronounce. What letter does the place start with?
3. In Chapter 8, who does Leaphorn consider the last untapped possibility?
(a) Shorty Bowlegs.
(c) Ted Isaacs.
(d) George Bowlegs.
4. In Chapter 8, what is being whipped into a frantic thrashing?
(a) The wind.
(b) Juniper limbs.
(c) The door to the hogan.
5. Whose nickname is "Orange"?
(a) Ed Pasquaanti.
(b) Cipriano Naranjo.
(c) J.D. Highsmith.
(d) Joe Leaphorn.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what face turns to scarred white ice?
2. In Chapter 10, who is described as a baptized Christian and Catholic communicant?
3. In Chapter 1, the Little Fire God is running. What is to the west of where he is?
4. Who tells Leaphorn that kachinas are invisible unless you're about to die?
5. In Chapter 5, Leaphorn talks to Young Husband, a neighbor to the commune. Where has Young Husband spent 12 months?
Short Essay Questions
1. Leaphorn believes that George Bowlegs can survive easily enough in the wild until the snow comes. How does Leaphorn expect George to survive?
2. In Chapter 1, why are there some things that the Little Fire God's friend, George Bowlegs, can't know?
3. What is the boy in Chapter 1 training for?
4. Why does Frank Bob Madman abandon his hogan?
5. Describe where Ernesto Cata's body is found.
6. What Navajo custom does Leaphorn honor when he arrives at the Bowlegs' hogan?
7. In Chapter 6, what does Leaphorn learn when he checks in with the Ramah chapter house?
8. How do the four original men working this case react to Agents O'Malley and Baker?
9. What does George's note to his brother say?
10. Why does Cecil Bowlegs call Leaphorn "uncle"? Are they related?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)