|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ernesto Cata is one of the missing boys. What other name or role does the reader know Cata by?
(a) The Little Fire God.
(b) The Little Sun God.
(c) Badger Spirit.
(d) Zuni Kachina.
2. On what road is Leaphorn traveling in the last scene of Chapter 6?
(a) The wagon trail.
(b) The Ramah-Ojo Caliente Road.
(c) Interstate 40.
(d) N.M. 53.
3. Who owns the land where the commune sheep graze?
(a) The Navajo tribe.
(b) Frank Bob Madman.
(c) The Zuni tribe.
(d) Alice Madman.
4. In Chapter 8, who is the man in the blue shirt that Leaphorn sees at the door?
(a) The killer.
(b) George Bowlegs.
(c) Ed Pasquaanti.
(d) Shorty Bowlegs.
5. Which of these men is the McKinley County Deputy Sheriff?
(a) Cipriano Naranjo.
(b) J.D. Highsmith.
(c) James Naranjo.
(d) Howard Highsmith.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, to what culture does the fetish most likely belong?
2. How many people originally settled the commune?
3. In Dance Hall of the Dead, what does Shulawitsi mean?
4. Who helps Leaphorn change his flat tire?
5. What is Jason's Fleece, as used in Dance Hall of the Dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had happened the last time that Ted Isaacs had seen Ernesto Cata and George Bowlegs?
2. The reader learns about a member of Leaphorn's family in Chapter 7. Summarize who it is and why this person is important to Leaphorn.
3. What are Leaphorn's plans for Cecil after his father's death?
4. What has George taken from his hogan besides the clothing and the horse, according to his brother?
5. What Navajo custom does Leaphorn honor when he arrives at the Bowlegs' hogan?
6. Leaphorn believes that George Bowlegs can survive easily enough in the wild until the snow comes. How does Leaphorn expect George to survive?
7. What does Leaphorn learn from retrieving Cecil's belongings from the hogan in Chapter 9?
8. Why does Cecil Bowlegs call Leaphorn "uncle"? Are they related?
9. Explain the Reynolds Theory.
10. What does Leaphorn find when he enters the Bowlegs' hogan?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)