|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Cata die?
(a) From an ax or machete to the neck.
(b) From a gunshot in the back.
(c) From a blow to the head.
(d) From a knife into the chest.
2. How many people originally settled the commune?
3. What does Dr. Reynolds drive?
(a) A green GMC pickup.
(b) A yellow Jeep.
(c) A black SUV.
(d) A white Chevy pickup.
4. In Chapter 8, what is being whipped into a frantic thrashing?
(a) The wind.
(b) The door to the hogan.
(d) Juniper limbs.
5. Who considers the hippies as generous, ignorant, friendly, bad mannered but well intentioned?
(a) Ted Isaacs.
(b) Young Wife.
(c) Joe Leaphorn.
(d) Young Husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, where is Leaphorn planning to sleep?
2. Who is having a birthday in a few days and turning 13?
3. In Chapter 7, what type of bird is startled from the junipers?
4. In Chapter 8, Leaphorn hears the sound of a bell. What does it come from?
5. According to Cecil in Chapter 9, George said he was going to look for some kachinas at a place he couldn't pronounce. What letter does the place start with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Leaphorn's plans for Cecil after his father's death?
2. What does "kachina" mean in Chapter 3?
3. Describe Agent Baker and why his appearance doesn't match that of an FBI agent.
4. What is the boy in Chapter 1 training for?
5. Explain the Bow Society as mentioned in Dance Hall of the Dead?
6. What had happened the last time that Ted Isaacs had seen Ernesto Cata and George Bowlegs?
7. Leaphorn first meets Susanne, one of the inhabitants of the commune in Chapter 6. Describe her.
8. Leaphorn believes that George Bowlegs can survive easily enough in the wild until the snow comes. How does Leaphorn expect George to survive?
9. In Chapter 8, why does Leaphorn decide to return to Shorty Bowlegs' hogan?
10. What does Leaphorn find when he enters the Bowlegs' hogan?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)