|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what is stenciled on the back of the Little Fire God's sweatshirt?
(a) Property of the Zuni Pueblo.
(b) Property of St. Anthony's Mission Church.
(c) Property of the Little Fire God.
(d) Property of Zuni Consolidated Schools.
2. When was the last time Isaacs saw George Bowlegs and Ernesto Cata?
(c) Over a week ago.
3. In Chapter 7, what type of bird is startled from the junipers?
(d) Pinon jay.
4. In Chapter 2, what road does Leaphorn take from Shiprock to Zuni?
(a) N.M. 53.
(b) Interstate 40.
(c) The name of the road isn't mentioned.
(d) S.H. 52.
5. When does Dance Hall of the Dead begin?
(a) September 25.
(b) December 5.
(c) November 30.
(d) October 15.
Short Answer Questions
1. In gathering up Cecil's clothing in Chapter 9, what does Leaphorn pack in a grocery sack?
2. Leaphorn estimates that Short Bowlegs was killed when?
3. How many people originally settled the commune?
4. According to Leaphorn's observations, how many men and women live at the commune?
5. What drug does Leaphorn ask if Otis took?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does George's note to his brother say?
2. What does "kachina" mean in Chapter 3?
3. What had George asked of Susanne the last time she saw him?
4. In Chapter 8, why does Leaphorn decide to return to Shorty Bowlegs' hogan?
5. Leaphorn first meets Susanne, one of the inhabitants of the commune in Chapter 6. Describe her.
6. What is distracting Leaphorn at the beginning of Chapter 10?
7. What is the job given to Lieutenant Joe Leaphorn in Chapter 2 and why?
8. What is the boy in Chapter 1 training for?
9. What kinds of tracks are found at the last place where Ernesto Cata is supposed to be?
10. What case had Leaphorn been working on before he was summoned to Zuni in Chapter 2?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)