|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who states that deer are far-sighted?
(b) George Bowlegs.
2. What type of deer had been killed by George's gun?
(a) Young, four-point buck.
(b) Older, six-point buck.
(c) Young doe.
(d) Older doe.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 19, who is Leaphorn looking for?
(a) Ed Pasquaanti.
(b) George Bowlegs.
(c) Father Ingles.
(d) The killer.
4. How many people does Leaphorn estimate would be at Zuni village during Shalako?
(a) Seven to eight thousand.
(b) 500 more than the usual population.
(c) Four thousand.
(d) Ten thousand.
5. In Chapter 18, what does Leaphorn believe will hide him from others in his stakeout over the Zuni village?
(a) Chamiso and pinon.
(b) Desert-colored clothing.
(c) Scrub brush.
(d) Juniper and a boulder.
6. In the early part of Chapter 16, what affects Leaphorn's ability to move and talk?
(a) A paralytic drug.
7. In Chapter 11, where does Leaphorn find Susanne?
(a) Taking a walk.
(b) At the windmill.
(c) In the hogan.
(d) At the dig site.
8. In Chapter 16, what type of gun hits Leaphorn?
(b) Carbon dioxide pellet gun.
(d) .45 caliber.
9. What is Halona?
(a) A river.
(b) The Higher Place of the World.
(c) A canyon.
(d) The Middle Place of the World.
10. In Chapter 14, what passenger does Leaphorn pick up on the way to the Zuni Lake?
(c) Cecil Bowlegs.
(d) A Zuni boy.
11. What feathers does Leaphorn think he saw on the kachina mask?
(b) Raven or crow.
12. In Chapter 12, where is grid Seventeen W that Isaacs is working from?
(a) Farthest from the trailer.
(b) In the center of the site.
(c) On top of the ridge.
(d) In a gully.
13. Why does Halsey think the commune's location is legal?
(a) It is National Park land.
(b) It is public domain land.
(c) He has a permit.
(d) He has permission from owner.
14. What nickname has Leaphorn given the killer?
(a) Killer of Two.
(b) Man Who Wore Moccasins.
(c) The Tracker.
(d) Man with Machete.
15. Where does Leaphorn go after leaving Ted Isaacs?
(a) Goes to see Cecil Bowlegs.
(b) Goes to see if he can find Susanne and give her a ride.
(c) Goes home.
(d) Returns to Zuni.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the normal population of Zuni village?
2. In Zuni mythology, what is the penalty for sacrilege?
3. In Chapter 19, to whom does Leaphorn first explain his theory of the crimes?
4. What are Shulawitsi and Salamobia?
5. How does Ted Isaacs refer to his family?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)