|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ted Isaacs refer to his family?
(a) Absent; he grew up in foster homes.
(b) Emotionally distant, well off family in Florida.
(c) Poor east Tennessee white trash.
(d) Middle class upbringing in Ohio.
2. In Chapter 19, what does Leaphorn find in the alley?
(a) The kachina mask he had seen.
(b) The body of George Bowlegs.
(c) Only a trail of blood.
(d) Another fetish.
3. Who does Leaphorn accuse of salting the site?
(a) Ted Isaacs.
(c) Dr. Reynolds.
(d) Ernesto Cata and George Bowlegs.
4. Who mentions "Thou shall not profane the Sacred Ways of Zuni"?
(a) Ed Pasquaanti.
(c) Father Ingles.
(d) Ernesto's father.
5. As Chapter 15 ends, Leaphorn is only able to take how many steps?
6. In Chapter 16, Leaphorn sees the same kachina mask that he saw at Jason's Fleece. Where else has he seen this image in the book?
(a) Mural in the Zuni mission.
(b) At the Bowlegs hogan.
(c) At Arizona State.
(d) In his dreams.
7. What does Leaphorn find made of blue and yellow songbird feathers in Chapter 19?
(a) A prayer plume.
(b) A mask.
(c) A necklace.
(d) An arrow.
8. In Chapter 14, Leaphorn is traveling on N.M. 53 until it turns into what road at the state line?
(a) U.S. Highway 40.
(b) U.S. Highway 666.
(c) A.Z. 53
(d) Arizona 61.
9. When was the last time that Father Ingles spoke with Ernesto Cata?
(a) Saturday's Confessional.
(b) More than a week previously.
(c) School on Friday.
(d) Sunday Mass.
10. In Chapter 18, what becomes keystone for Leaphorn?
(a) The flint from the fetish.
(b) Remembering songs of the Night Way.
(c) The turquoise from the fetish.
(d) The sight of the ceremonial procession.
11. What is Halona?
(a) A canyon.
(b) The Middle Place of the World.
(c) A river.
(d) The Higher Place of the World.
12. In Chapter 12, who suggests that the killings are based upon a feud between Navajo and Zuni?
(a) Ted Isaacs.
(b) Ted O'Malley.
(d) Agent Baker.
13. How many law enforcement agencies are interested in the crimes at Zuni?
14. Who refers to George Bowlegs as "about half genius and half crazy"?
(a) Father Ingles.
(b) Cecil Bowlegs.
(d) Ted Isaacs.
15. What are Koyemshi?
(a) Sacred clowns.
(c) Representatives of the Gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Leaphorn experience in college with Tom Bob and Blackie Bisti?
2. In Chapter 14, what passenger does Leaphorn pick up on the way to the Zuni Lake?
3. In the early part of Chapter 16, what affects Leaphorn's ability to move and talk?
4. In Chapter 11, what noise covers Leaphorn's arrival at the commune?
5. In Chapter 15, what do Leaphorn and Susanne share for dinner?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)