|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many law enforcement agencies are interested in the crimes at Zuni?
2. In Chapter 12, who suggests that the killings are based upon a feud between Navajo and Zuni?
(a) Ted Isaacs.
(b) Agent Baker.
(d) Ted O'Malley.
3. In Chapter 16, Leaphorn sees the same kachina mask that he saw at Jason's Fleece. Where else has he seen this image in the book?
(a) Mural in the Zuni mission.
(b) In his dreams.
(c) At Arizona State.
(d) At the Bowlegs hogan.
4. In Chapter 11, how many sites is Reynolds sponsoring digs on?
5. In Chapter 15, what do Leaphorn and Susanne share for dinner?
(a) Beef jerky.
(b) An orange.
(c) Candy bar.
(d) Potted meat.
6. John O' Malley tells Leaphorn that the killings are related to what?
(a) Narcotics operation.
(b) Money laundering.
(c) Dealing in stolen artifacts.
7. What does Ted Isaacs plan to do with the information he receives from Leaphorn in the last chapter?
(a) He decides to be honest and tell the school the truth.
(b) He decides to ignore what can't be proven.
(c) The reader doesn't learn that.
(d) He decides to go after Susanne.
8. In Chapter 16, what type of gun hits Leaphorn?
(b) .45 caliber.
(d) Carbon dioxide pellet gun.
9. What nickname has Leaphorn given the killer?
(a) Killer of Two.
(b) Man with Machete.
(c) The Tracker.
(d) Man Who Wore Moccasins.
10. What is Halona?
(a) A river.
(b) The Higher Place of the World.
(c) The Middle Place of the World.
(d) A canyon.
11. What taboo did Ernesto worry he had broken?
(a) Stealing from Dr. Reynolds' truck.
(b) Talking about being Little Fire God to George.
(c) Feeling and expressing anger.
(d) Teaching George the Zuni religion.
12. What did Leaphorn experience in college with Tom Bob and Blackie Bisti?
(b) Native American Church meeting.
(c) Visit to a shaman.
(d) Road trip.
13. In Chapter 16, what does Leaphorn find inside the fetish offering?
(a) Turquoise bead, tip of a lance point, and abalone shell.
(b) Wood carving, deer hair, and silver.
(c) Arrow point, turquoise, and clay.
(d) Coral, medallion, and blood.
14. In Chapter 18, what becomes keystone for Leaphorn?
(a) Remembering songs of the Night Way.
(b) The turquoise from the fetish.
(c) The sight of the ceremonial procession.
(d) The flint from the fetish.
15. Who mentions "Thou shall not profane the Sacred Ways of Zuni"?
(a) Ed Pasquaanti.
(b) Ernesto's father.
(d) Father Ingles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, where is the sky-diving exhibition that Leaphorn hears about on the radio?
2. In Chapter 19, what does Leaphorn find in the alley?
3. What is the age and sex of Susanne's sibling?
4. Why does Halsey think the commune's location is legal?
5. According to legend, who teaches Clumsy Boy the prayers for hunting deer?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)