|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Leaphorn recognize from the photos that John O'Malley shows him?
(b) Dr. Reynolds.
(c) Ted Isaacs.
2. In Chapter 15, what do Leaphorn and Susanne share for dinner?
(a) An orange.
(b) Potted meat.
(c) Beef jerky.
(d) Candy bar.
3. What nickname has Leaphorn given the killer?
(a) The Tracker.
(b) Killer of Two.
(c) Man Who Wore Moccasins.
(d) Man with Machete.
4. As Chapter 15 ends, Leaphorn is only able to take how many steps?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 15, what does Leaphorn find on the saddleback slope?
(a) Dead deer.
(b) Shotgun shell.
(c) Piece of a shirt in a bush.
(d) Tracks of George's horse.
6. In Chapter 18, what does Leaphorn believe will hide him from others in his stakeout over the Zuni village?
(a) Chamiso and pinon.
(b) Desert-colored clothing.
(c) Juniper and a boulder.
(d) Scrub brush.
7. What do the Mudhead wear during the dance of Shalako?
(a) Leather breeches, moccasins, and a headband.
(b) Black breechcloth, neck scarf, moccasins, and mask.
(c) Regular clothing and a mask.
(d) Ceremonial robes.
8. In Chapter 12, who suggests that the killings are based upon a feud between Navajo and Zuni?
(a) Ted O'Malley.
(c) Ted Isaacs.
(d) Agent Baker.
9. What taboo did Ernesto worry he had broken?
(a) Feeling and expressing anger.
(b) Teaching George the Zuni religion.
(c) Talking about being Little Fire God to George.
(d) Stealing from Dr. Reynolds' truck.
10. At the beginning of Chapter 19, who is Leaphorn looking for?
(a) George Bowlegs.
(b) The killer.
(c) Father Ingles.
(d) Ed Pasquaanti.
11. Who states that deer are far-sighted?
(c) George Bowlegs.
12. In Chapter 18, what becomes keystone for Leaphorn?
(a) Remembering songs of the Night Way.
(b) The turquoise from the fetish.
(c) The sight of the ceremonial procession.
(d) The flint from the fetish.
13. What is the color of the mask that Leaphorn describes to Pasquaanti?
14. What does Leaphorn find made of blue and yellow songbird feathers in Chapter 19?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A prayer plume.
(c) A mask.
(d) An arrow.
15. In Chapter 19, what does Leaphorn find in the alley?
(a) Only a trail of blood.
(b) Another fetish.
(c) The body of George Bowlegs.
(d) The kachina mask he had seen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Halsey think the commune's location is legal?
2. What does Leaphorn do while Susanne cries?
3. What does Leaphorn give Ted Isaacs in the last chapter?
4. Dance Hall of the Dead takes place over how much time?
5. Where did Ted Isaacs attend college for his undergraduate work?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)