|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who states that deer are far-sighted?
(b) George Bowlegs.
2. What are Acoma and Isleta?
(a) Other Pueblos.
(c) Nearby lakes.
(d) Towns in Arizona.
3. John O' Malley tells Leaphorn that the killings are related to what?
(a) Money laundering.
(b) Dealing in stolen artifacts.
(d) Narcotics operation.
4. What is Halona?
(a) The Higher Place of the World.
(b) A canyon.
(c) A river.
(d) The Middle Place of the World.
5. Where did Ted Isaacs attend college for his undergraduate work?
(a) Morehouse College.
(b) Memphis State.
(c) Pennsylvania State College.
(d) University of Alabama.
6. In Chapter 16, what type of gun hits Leaphorn?
(b) .45 caliber.
(c) Carbon dioxide pellet gun.
7. In Chapter 14, what passenger does Leaphorn pick up on the way to the Zuni Lake?
(b) A Zuni boy.
(c) Cecil Bowlegs.
8. At the beginning of Chapter 19, who is Leaphorn looking for?
(a) Father Ingles.
(b) Ed Pasquaanti.
(c) The killer.
(d) George Bowlegs.
9. Why does Halsey think the commune's location is legal?
(a) He has a permit.
(b) It is public domain land.
(c) It is National Park land.
(d) He has permission from owner.
10. What is the age and sex of Susanne's sibling?
(a) 14-year-old brother.
(b) 10-year-old sister.
(c) 11-year-old brother.
(d) 13-year-old sister.
11. How many law enforcement agencies are interested in the crimes at Zuni?
12. In Chapter 14, what is hanging on the ranch gate?
(a) A wolf skin.
(b) A "No Trespassing" sign.
(c) A "Property of the Federal Government" sign.
(d) Three coyote skins.
13. What nickname has Leaphorn given the killer?
(a) Man with Machete.
(b) The Tracker.
(c) Killer of Two.
(d) Man Who Wore Moccasins.
14. In Chapter 19, to whom does Leaphorn first explain his theory of the crimes?
(a) John O'Malley.
(c) Agent Baker.
(d) Ed Pasquaanti.
15. What does Leaphorn give Ted Isaacs in the last chapter?
(a) The prayer plume.
(b) A turquoise bear.
(c) A note from Susanne.
(d) The flint from the fetish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Mudhead wear during the dance of Shalako?
2. In Chapter 18, what hangs over the Zuni pueblo?
3. In Chapter 16, what does Leaphorn compare to a broom handle?
4. In Chapter 12, where is grid Seventeen W that Isaacs is working from?
5. What is the color of the mask that Leaphorn describes to Pasquaanti?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)