|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what passenger does Leaphorn pick up on the way to the Zuni Lake?
(a) Cecil Bowlegs.
(b) A Zuni boy.
2. In Zuni mythology, what is the penalty for sacrilege?
(a) Ostracizing from the tribe.
(b) Sacrifice of belongings to those offended.
(d) A month of silence.
3. Who mentions "Thou shall not profane the Sacred Ways of Zuni"?
(b) Ed Pasquaanti.
(c) Ernesto's father.
(d) Father Ingles.
4. What is missing from the deer?
(a) Some of the venison.
(c) Heart, liver, and gall bladder.
(d) Only the hide.
5. What nickname has Leaphorn given the killer?
(a) Man with Machete.
(b) The Tracker.
(c) Man Who Wore Moccasins.
(d) Killer of Two.
6. Why does Halsey think the commune's location is legal?
(a) It is National Park land.
(b) He has a permit.
(c) It is public domain land.
(d) He has permission from owner.
7. Who refers to George Bowlegs as "about half genius and half crazy"?
(a) Father Ingles.
(b) Ted Isaacs.
(c) Cecil Bowlegs.
8. In Chapter 18, what does Leaphorn believe will hide him from others in his stakeout over the Zuni village?
(a) Juniper and a boulder.
(b) Chamiso and pinon.
(c) Scrub brush.
(d) Desert-colored clothing.
9. Dance Hall of the Dead takes place over how much time?
(a) Five days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Ten days.
10. In Chapter 11, how many sites is Reynolds sponsoring digs on?
11. What is the color of the mask that Leaphorn describes to Pasquaanti?
12. How many law enforcement agencies are interested in the crimes at Zuni?
13. Where does Leaphorn go after leaving Ted Isaacs?
(a) Goes to see Cecil Bowlegs.
(b) Goes to see if he can find Susanne and give her a ride.
(c) Returns to Zuni.
(d) Goes home.
14. In Chapter 11, what noise covers Leaphorn's arrival at the commune?
(a) Welding on the school bus.
(c) An argument.
(d) The wind.
15. According to legend, who teaches Clumsy Boy the prayers for hunting deer?
(a) Father Coyote.
(c) Zuni War God.
(d) Sun Father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What taboo did Ernesto worry he had broken?
2. In Chapter 14, who performs the third search of the Bowlegs hogan?
3. What are Koyemshi?
4. How many people does Leaphorn estimate would be at Zuni village during Shalako?
5. In the early part of Chapter 16, what affects Leaphorn's ability to move and talk?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)