|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. <i>Dance Hall of the Dead</i> takes place over how much time?
(a) Five days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Eight days.
2. In Chapter 15, what do Leaphorn and Susanne share for dinner?
(a) Potted meat.
(b) An orange.
(c) Beef jerky.
(d) Candy bar.
3. What is Halona?
(a) A canyon.
(b) A river.
(c) The Higher Place of the World.
(d) The Middle Place of the World.
4. How many law enforcement agencies are interested in the crimes at Zuni?
5. As Chapter 15 ends, Leaphorn is only able to take how many steps?
6. What does Leaphorn find made of blue and yellow songbird feathers in Chapter 19?
(a) A prayer plume.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A mask.
(d) A necklace.
7. What is Kothluwalawa?
(a) Zuni kachina.
(b) Origin myth.
(c) Zuni village.
(d) Dance Hall of the Dead.
8. Who states that deer are far-sighted?
(a) George Bowlegs.
9. What is the color of the mask that Leaphorn describes to Pasquaanti?
10. In Chapter 16, what type of gun hits Leaphorn?
(b) .45 caliber.
(c) Carbon dioxide pellet gun.
11. What type of deer had been killed by George's gun?
(a) Young, four-point buck.
(b) Older doe.
(c) Young doe.
(d) Older, six-point buck.
12. What does Ted Isaacs plan to do with the information he receives from Leaphorn in the last chapter?
(a) He decides to be honest and tell the school the truth.
(b) The reader doesn't learn that.
(c) He decides to go after Susanne.
(d) He decides to ignore what can't be proven.
13. How many people does Leaphorn estimate would be at Zuni village during Shalako?
(a) Seven to eight thousand.
(b) Four thousand.
(c) Ten thousand.
(d) 500 more than the usual population.
14. What does Leaphorn give Ted Isaacs in the last chapter?
(a) The prayer plume.
(b) A note from Susanne.
(c) The flint from the fetish.
(d) A turquoise bear.
15. According to legend, who teaches Clumsy Boy the prayers for hunting deer?
(b) Father Coyote.
(c) Sun Father.
(d) Zuni War God.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, Leaphorn is traveling on N.M. 53 until it turns into what road at the state line?
2. In Chapter 12, who suggests that the killings are based upon a feud between Navajo and Zuni?
3. When was the last time that Father Ingles spoke with Ernesto Cata?
4. What did Leaphorn experience in college with Tom Bob and Blackie Bisti?
5. Who refers to George Bowlegs as "about half genius and half crazy"?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)