|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what becomes keystone for Leaphorn?
(a) The flint from the fetish.
(b) The sight of the ceremonial procession.
(c) Remembering songs of the Night Way.
(d) The turquoise from the fetish.
2. In the early part of Chapter 16, what affects Leaphorn's ability to move and talk?
(b) A paralytic drug.
3. According to legend, who teaches Clumsy Boy the prayers for hunting deer?
(b) Sun Father.
(c) Zuni War God.
(d) Father Coyote.
4. In Chapter 18, what does Leaphorn believe will hide him from others in his stakeout over the Zuni village?
(a) Scrub brush.
(b) Chamiso and pinon.
(c) Juniper and a boulder.
(d) Desert-colored clothing.
5. In Zuni mythology, what is the penalty for sacrilege?
(b) A month of silence.
(c) Sacrifice of belongings to those offended.
(d) Ostracizing from the tribe.
6. Why does Halsey think the commune's location is legal?
(a) It is public domain land.
(b) It is National Park land.
(c) He has permission from owner.
(d) He has a permit.
7. In Chapter 16, Leaphorn sees the same kachina mask that he saw at Jason's Fleece. Where else has he seen this image in the book?
(a) At Arizona State.
(b) Mural in the Zuni mission.
(c) At the Bowlegs hogan.
(d) In his dreams.
8. Who refers to George Bowlegs as "about half genius and half crazy"?
(b) Cecil Bowlegs.
(c) Father Ingles.
(d) Ted Isaacs.
9. When was the last time that Father Ingles spoke with Ernesto Cata?
(a) School on Friday.
(b) More than a week previously.
(c) Sunday Mass.
(d) Saturday's Confessional.
10. In Chapter 16, what does Leaphorn find inside the fetish offering?
(a) Arrow point, turquoise, and clay.
(b) Wood carving, deer hair, and silver.
(c) Turquoise bead, tip of a lance point, and abalone shell.
(d) Coral, medallion, and blood.
11. In Chapter 16, what type of gun hits Leaphorn?
(a) Carbon dioxide pellet gun.
(c) .45 caliber.
12. Who does Leaphorn recognize from the photos that John O'Malley shows him?
(c) Ted Isaacs.
(d) Dr. Reynolds.
13. What are Shulawitsi and Salamobia?
(a) Places in Zuni myths.
(b) Zuni legends.
(c) Important Zuni leaders.
14. In Chapter 12, where is grid Seventeen W that Isaacs is working from?
(a) On top of the ridge.
(b) In a gully.
(c) In the center of the site.
(d) Farthest from the trailer.
15. At the beginning of Chapter 15, what does Leaphorn find on the saddleback slope?
(a) Piece of a shirt in a bush.
(b) Tracks of George's horse.
(c) Dead deer.
(d) Shotgun shell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What order is Father Ingles with?
2. In Chapter 14, what is hanging on the ranch gate?
3. In Chapter 14, who performs the third search of the Bowlegs hogan?
4. In Chapter 15, what do Leaphorn and Susanne share for dinner?
5. In Chapter 18, what hangs over the Zuni pueblo?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)