|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Leaphorn experience in college with Tom Bob and Blackie Bisti?
(a) Native American Church meeting.
(b) Visit to a shaman.
(c) Road trip.
2. What is the normal population of Zuni village?
3. Dance Hall of the Dead takes place over how much time?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Eight days.
4. What nickname has Leaphorn given the killer?
(a) Man Who Wore Moccasins.
(b) Man with Machete.
(c) The Tracker.
(d) Killer of Two.
5. What are Koyemshi?
(a) Sacred clowns.
(c) Representatives of the Gods.
6. What feathers does Leaphorn think he saw on the kachina mask?
(b) Raven or crow.
7. In Chapter 16, what does Leaphorn compare to a broom handle?
(a) A tree near the lake where he looked for George.
(b) The beak of the kachina mask.
(c) A spear found at the dig site.
(d) The hypodermic tube.
8. In the early part of Chapter 16, what affects Leaphorn's ability to move and talk?
(c) A paralytic drug.
9. When was the last time that Father Ingles spoke with Ernesto Cata?
(a) School on Friday.
(b) Saturday's Confessional.
(c) Sunday Mass.
(d) More than a week previously.
10. In Chapter 18, what hangs over the Zuni pueblo?
(a) Thin layer of ice crystals.
(c) Blue smoke from cooking.
11. Who does Leaphorn recognize from the photos that John O'Malley shows him?
(c) Dr. Reynolds.
(d) Ted Isaacs.
12. In Chapter 16, what does Leaphorn find inside the fetish offering?
(a) Turquoise bead, tip of a lance point, and abalone shell.
(b) Wood carving, deer hair, and silver.
(c) Coral, medallion, and blood.
(d) Arrow point, turquoise, and clay.
13. In Chapter 14, what is hanging on the ranch gate?
(a) A wolf skin.
(b) Three coyote skins.
(c) A "No Trespassing" sign.
(d) A "Property of the Federal Government" sign.
14. Who mentions "Thou shall not profane the Sacred Ways of Zuni"?
(a) Ed Pasquaanti.
(c) Father Ingles.
(d) Ernesto's father.
15. How does Ted Isaacs refer to his family?
(a) Poor east Tennessee white trash.
(b) Emotionally distant, well off family in Florida.
(c) Absent; he grew up in foster homes.
(d) Middle class upbringing in Ohio.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many law enforcement agencies are interested in the crimes at Zuni?
2. What does Leaphorn find made of blue and yellow songbird feathers in Chapter 19?
3. In Chapter 19, what does Leaphorn find in the alley?
4. What do the Mudhead wear during the dance of Shalako?
5. What is missing from the deer?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)