|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what is hanging on the ranch gate?
(a) A "No Trespassing" sign.
(b) Three coyote skins.
(c) A "Property of the Federal Government" sign.
(d) A wolf skin.
2. Where did Ted Isaacs attend college for his undergraduate work?
(a) Morehouse College.
(b) Memphis State.
(c) University of Alabama.
(d) Pennsylvania State College.
3. What is the normal population of Zuni village?
4. In Chapter 11, where does Leaphorn find Susanne?
(a) At the dig site.
(b) Taking a walk.
(c) In the hogan.
(d) At the windmill.
5. What does Ted Isaacs plan to do with the information he receives from Leaphorn in the last chapter?
(a) The reader doesn't learn that.
(b) He decides to be honest and tell the school the truth.
(c) He decides to go after Susanne.
(d) He decides to ignore what can't be proven.
6. How many law enforcement agencies are interested in the crimes at Zuni?
7. What type of deer had been killed by George's gun?
(a) Older doe.
(b) Young, four-point buck.
(c) Older, six-point buck.
(d) Young doe.
8. According to legend, who teaches Clumsy Boy the prayers for hunting deer?
(a) Father Coyote.
(b) Zuni War God.
(d) Sun Father.
9. How many people does Leaphorn estimate would be at Zuni village during Shalako?
(a) 500 more than the usual population.
(b) Seven to eight thousand.
(c) Ten thousand.
(d) Four thousand.
10. As Chapter 15 ends, Leaphorn is only able to take how many steps?
11. What order is Father Ingles with?
(a) The Order of St. Francis.
(b) The Order of St. Patrick.
(c) The Order of St. Michael.
(d) The Order of St. Anthony.
12. Why does Halsey think the commune's location is legal?
(a) It is public domain land.
(b) He has permission from owner.
(c) He has a permit.
(d) It is National Park land.
13. In Chapter 18, what hangs over the Zuni pueblo?
(a) Blue smoke from cooking.
(b) Thin layer of ice crystals.
14. What is Kothluwalawa?
(a) Origin myth.
(b) Zuni kachina.
(c) Zuni village.
(d) Dance Hall of the Dead.
15. In Chapter 16, what does Leaphorn compare to a broom handle?
(a) A spear found at the dig site.
(b) The beak of the kachina mask.
(c) A tree near the lake where he looked for George.
(d) The hypodermic tube.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, Leaphorn sees the same kachina mask that he saw at Jason's Fleece. Where else has he seen this image in the book?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 15, what does Leaphorn find on the saddleback slope?
3. What taboo did Ernesto worry he had broken?
4. How does Ted Isaacs refer to his family?
5. In Chapter 18, what does Leaphorn believe will hide him from others in his stakeout over the Zuni village?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)