|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what hangs over the Zuni pueblo?
(a) Thin layer of ice crystals.
(d) Blue smoke from cooking.
2. In Chapter 19, what does Leaphorn find in the alley?
(a) The body of George Bowlegs.
(b) Only a trail of blood.
(c) Another fetish.
(d) The kachina mask he had seen.
3. What is Halona?
(a) A river.
(b) The Higher Place of the World.
(c) The Middle Place of the World.
(d) A canyon.
4. In Chapter 14, where is the sky-diving exhibition that Leaphorn hears about on the radio?
(a) The old Zuni village.
(b) Black Rock Airstrip.
(c) Yah-Ta-Hey Trading Post.
(d) Painted Desert.
5. What are Koyemshi?
(a) Representatives of the Gods.
(d) Sacred clowns.
6. How many people does Leaphorn estimate would be at Zuni village during Shalako?
(a) Four thousand.
(b) 500 more than the usual population.
(c) Seven to eight thousand.
(d) Ten thousand.
7. What is the color of the mask that Leaphorn describes to Pasquaanti?
8. In Chapter 11, how many sites is Reynolds sponsoring digs on?
9. In Chapter 16, what type of gun hits Leaphorn?
(a) Carbon dioxide pellet gun.
(d) .45 caliber.
10. At the beginning of Chapter 15, what does Leaphorn find on the saddleback slope?
(a) Tracks of George's horse.
(b) Piece of a shirt in a bush.
(c) Shotgun shell.
(d) Dead deer.
11. What is the normal population of Zuni village?
12. What order is Father Ingles with?
(a) The Order of St. Francis.
(b) The Order of St. Anthony.
(c) The Order of St. Michael.
(d) The Order of St. Patrick.
13. Where does Leaphorn go after leaving Ted Isaacs?
(a) Goes to see Cecil Bowlegs.
(b) Goes home.
(c) Returns to Zuni.
(d) Goes to see if he can find Susanne and give her a ride.
14. According to legend, who teaches Clumsy Boy the prayers for hunting deer?
(a) Zuni War God.
(b) Father Coyote.
(c) Sun Father.
15. In Chapter 15, what do Leaphorn and Susanne share for dinner?
(a) Candy bar.
(b) Potted meat.
(c) An orange.
(d) Beef jerky.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what noise covers Leaphorn's arrival at the commune?
2. What did Leaphorn experience in college with Tom Bob and Blackie Bisti?
3. What does Ted Isaacs plan to do with the information he receives from Leaphorn in the last chapter?
4. In Chapter 14, what passenger does Leaphorn pick up on the way to the Zuni Lake?
5. In Chapter 14, Leaphorn is traveling on N.M. 53 until it turns into what road at the state line?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)