|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, who performs the third search of the Bowlegs hogan?
(a) The killer.
(c) Federal agents.
(d) Cecil Bowlegs.
2. According to legend, who teaches Clumsy Boy the prayers for hunting deer?
(a) Sun Father.
(b) Father Coyote.
(d) Zuni War God.
3. What is the color of the mask that Leaphorn describes to Pasquaanti?
4. In Chapter 18, what hangs over the Zuni pueblo?
(a) Thin layer of ice crystals.
(b) Blue smoke from cooking.
5. In Chapter 11, what noise covers Leaphorn's arrival at the commune?
(a) An argument.
(b) The wind.
(d) Welding on the school bus.
6. What are Acoma and Isleta?
(a) Nearby lakes.
(b) Towns in Arizona.
(d) Other Pueblos.
7. Who mentions "Thou shall not profane the Sacred Ways of Zuni"?
(a) Father Ingles.
(b) Ernesto's father.
(d) Ed Pasquaanti.
8. In Zuni mythology, what is the penalty for sacrilege?
(b) A month of silence.
(c) Sacrifice of belongings to those offended.
(d) Ostracizing from the tribe.
9. In Chapter 18, what becomes keystone for Leaphorn?
(a) Remembering songs of the Night Way.
(b) The flint from the fetish.
(c) The turquoise from the fetish.
(d) The sight of the ceremonial procession.
10. When was the last time that Father Ingles spoke with Ernesto Cata?
(a) Sunday Mass.
(b) Saturday's Confessional.
(c) More than a week previously.
(d) School on Friday.
11. What do the Mudhead wear during the dance of Shalako?
(a) Regular clothing and a mask.
(b) Ceremonial robes.
(c) Black breechcloth, neck scarf, moccasins, and mask.
(d) Leather breeches, moccasins, and a headband.
12. Where does Leaphorn go after leaving Ted Isaacs?
(a) Goes to see Cecil Bowlegs.
(b) Goes home.
(c) Returns to Zuni.
(d) Goes to see if he can find Susanne and give her a ride.
13. Where did Ted Isaacs attend college for his undergraduate work?
(a) Morehouse College.
(b) Pennsylvania State College.
(c) Memphis State.
(d) University of Alabama.
14. In Chapter 12, where is grid Seventeen W that Isaacs is working from?
(a) In the center of the site.
(b) Farthest from the trailer.
(c) In a gully.
(d) On top of the ridge.
15. How many people does Leaphorn estimate would be at Zuni village during Shalako?
(a) Four thousand.
(b) 500 more than the usual population.
(c) Seven to eight thousand.
(d) Ten thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how many sites is Reynolds sponsoring digs on?
2. What nickname has Leaphorn given the killer?
3. What does Leaphorn find made of blue and yellow songbird feathers in Chapter 19?
4. How does Ted Isaacs refer to his family?
5. Who does Leaphorn recognize from the photos that John O'Malley shows him?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)