Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What taboo did Ernesto worry he had broken?
(a) Feeling and expressing anger.
(b) Stealing from Dr. Reynolds' truck.
(c) Talking about being Little Fire God to George.
(d) Teaching George the Zuni religion.
2. In Chapter 14, who performs the third search of the Bowlegs hogan?
(a) The killer.
(c) Cecil Bowlegs.
(d) Federal agents.
3. In Chapter 11, where does Leaphorn find Susanne?
(a) At the windmill.
(b) In the hogan.
(c) Taking a walk.
(d) At the dig site.
4. How does Ted Isaacs refer to his family?
(a) Absent; he grew up in foster homes.
(b) Emotionally distant, well off family in Florida.
(c) Poor east Tennessee white trash.
(d) Middle class upbringing in Ohio.
5. In Chapter 16, what does Leaphorn find inside the fetish offering?
(a) Turquoise bead, tip of a lance point, and abalone shell.
(b) Arrow point, turquoise, and clay.
(c) Coral, medallion, and blood.
(d) Wood carving, deer hair, and silver.
6. Where does Leaphorn go after leaving Ted Isaacs?
(a) Goes home.
(b) Returns to Zuni.
(c) Goes to see Cecil Bowlegs.
(d) Goes to see if he can find Susanne and give her a ride.
7. According to legend, who teaches Clumsy Boy the prayers for hunting deer?
(a) Father Coyote.
(b) Sun Father.
(c) Zuni War God.
8. In Chapter 14, where is the sky-diving exhibition that Leaphorn hears about on the radio?
(a) Black Rock Airstrip.
(b) Painted Desert.
(c) Yah-Ta-Hey Trading Post.
(d) The old Zuni village.
9. What is the age and sex of Susanne's sibling?
(a) 10-year-old sister.
(b) 13-year-old sister.
(c) 11-year-old brother.
(d) 14-year-old brother.
10. In Chapter 18, what does Leaphorn believe will hide him from others in his stakeout over the Zuni village?
(a) Chamiso and pinon.
(b) Scrub brush.
(c) Desert-colored clothing.
(d) Juniper and a boulder.
11. What does Leaphorn do while Susanne cries?
(a) Talks about Navajo mythology about death.
(b) Tries to calm her.
(c) Pats her on the back.
(d) Turns away to look at the horizon.
12. What is the color of the mask that Leaphorn describes to Pasquaanti?
13. Who states that deer are far-sighted?
(d) George Bowlegs.
14. At the beginning of Chapter 19, who is Leaphorn looking for?
(a) Father Ingles.
(b) George Bowlegs.
(c) Ed Pasquaanti.
(d) The killer.
15. At the beginning of Chapter 15, what does Leaphorn find on the saddleback slope?
(a) Dead deer.
(b) Piece of a shirt in a bush.
(c) Shotgun shell.
(d) Tracks of George's horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Mudhead wear during the dance of Shalako?
2. What does Leaphorn give Ted Isaacs in the last chapter?
3. Who refers to George Bowlegs as "about half genius and half crazy"?
4. What are Shulawitsi and Salamobia?
5. What are Acoma and Isleta?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)