|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what passenger does Leaphorn pick up on the way to the Zuni Lake?
(c) A Zuni boy.
(d) Cecil Bowlegs.
2. In Chapter 11, where does Leaphorn find Susanne?
(a) At the windmill.
(b) In the hogan.
(c) At the dig site.
(d) Taking a walk.
3. In Chapter 14, who performs the third search of the Bowlegs hogan?
(b) The killer.
(c) Cecil Bowlegs.
(d) Federal agents.
4. Where did Ted Isaacs attend college for his undergraduate work?
(a) University of Alabama.
(b) Pennsylvania State College.
(c) Memphis State.
(d) Morehouse College.
5. What is missing from the deer?
(b) Only the hide.
(c) Heart, liver, and gall bladder.
(d) Some of the venison.
6. What does Ted Isaacs plan to do with the information he receives from Leaphorn in the last chapter?
(a) He decides to go after Susanne.
(b) He decides to be honest and tell the school the truth.
(c) He decides to ignore what can't be proven.
(d) The reader doesn't learn that.
7. In Chapter 15, what do Leaphorn and Susanne share for dinner?
(a) An orange.
(b) Candy bar.
(c) Beef jerky.
(d) Potted meat.
8. In Chapter 14, where is the sky-diving exhibition that Leaphorn hears about on the radio?
(a) Painted Desert.
(b) Yah-Ta-Hey Trading Post.
(c) The old Zuni village.
(d) Black Rock Airstrip.
9. John O' Malley tells Leaphorn that the killings are related to what?
(b) Narcotics operation.
(c) Dealing in stolen artifacts.
(d) Money laundering.
10. What are Koyemshi?
(c) Sacred clowns.
(d) Representatives of the Gods.
11. What taboo did Ernesto worry he had broken?
(a) Feeling and expressing anger.
(b) Stealing from Dr. Reynolds' truck.
(c) Teaching George the Zuni religion.
(d) Talking about being Little Fire God to George.
12. Who does Leaphorn accuse of salting the site?
(a) Ted Isaacs.
(b) Dr. Reynolds.
(d) Ernesto Cata and George Bowlegs.
13. At the beginning of Chapter 15, what does Leaphorn find on the saddleback slope?
(a) Dead deer.
(b) Tracks of George's horse.
(c) Piece of a shirt in a bush.
(d) Shotgun shell.
14. In Chapter 12, where is grid Seventeen W that Isaacs is working from?
(a) On top of the ridge.
(b) In a gully.
(c) In the center of the site.
(d) Farthest from the trailer.
15. Dance Hall of the Dead takes place over how much time?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the color of the mask that Leaphorn describes to Pasquaanti?
2. In Chapter 18, what hangs over the Zuni pueblo?
3. What is the age and sex of Susanne's sibling?
4. How many law enforcement agencies are interested in the crimes at Zuni?
5. What are Shulawitsi and Salamobia?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)