|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Halsey think the commune's location is legal?
(a) He has permission from owner.
(b) He has a permit.
(c) It is National Park land.
(d) It is public domain land.
2. In Chapter 18, what hangs over the Zuni pueblo?
(a) Blue smoke from cooking.
(d) Thin layer of ice crystals.
3. In Chapter 11, how many sites is Reynolds sponsoring digs on?
4. What do the Mudhead wear during the dance of Shalako?
(a) Black breechcloth, neck scarf, moccasins, and mask.
(b) Ceremonial robes.
(c) Leather breeches, moccasins, and a headband.
(d) Regular clothing and a mask.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 15, what does Leaphorn find on the saddleback slope?
(a) Dead deer.
(b) Tracks of George's horse.
(c) Piece of a shirt in a bush.
(d) Shotgun shell.
6. In Zuni mythology, what is the penalty for sacrilege?
(a) Ostracizing from the tribe.
(c) Sacrifice of belongings to those offended.
(d) A month of silence.
7. In Chapter 16, what does Leaphorn compare to a broom handle?
(a) A spear found at the dig site.
(b) The hypodermic tube.
(c) The beak of the kachina mask.
(d) A tree near the lake where he looked for George.
8. As Chapter 15 ends, Leaphorn is only able to take how many steps?
9. In Chapter 14, who performs the third search of the Bowlegs hogan?
(a) Federal agents.
(b) Cecil Bowlegs.
(c) The killer.
10. In Chapter 19, to whom does Leaphorn first explain his theory of the crimes?
(a) Agent Baker.
(b) John O'Malley.
(c) Ed Pasquaanti.
11. According to legend, who teaches Clumsy Boy the prayers for hunting deer?
(a) Sun Father.
(b) Zuni War God.
(d) Father Coyote.
12. How many people does Leaphorn estimate would be at Zuni village during Shalako?
(a) Four thousand.
(b) 500 more than the usual population.
(c) Seven to eight thousand.
(d) Ten thousand.
13. What does Ted Isaacs plan to do with the information he receives from Leaphorn in the last chapter?
(a) The reader doesn't learn that.
(b) He decides to be honest and tell the school the truth.
(c) He decides to go after Susanne.
(d) He decides to ignore what can't be proven.
14. Where does Leaphorn go after leaving Ted Isaacs?
(a) Returns to Zuni.
(b) Goes to see if he can find Susanne and give her a ride.
(c) Goes home.
(d) Goes to see Cecil Bowlegs.
15. How many law enforcement agencies are interested in the crimes at Zuni?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the normal population of Zuni village?
2. Where did Ted Isaacs attend college for his undergraduate work?
3. John O' Malley tells Leaphorn that the killings are related to what?
4. In Chapter 15, what do Leaphorn and Susanne share for dinner?
5. In Chapter 16, Leaphorn sees the same kachina mask that he saw at Jason's Fleece. Where else has he seen this image in the book?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)