|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refers to George Bowlegs as "about half genius and half crazy"?
(b) Cecil Bowlegs.
(c) Ted Isaacs.
(d) Father Ingles.
2. What nickname has Leaphorn given the killer?
(a) Killer of Two.
(b) Man Who Wore Moccasins.
(c) Man with Machete.
(d) The Tracker.
3. What do the Mudhead wear during the dance of Shalako?
(a) Leather breeches, moccasins, and a headband.
(b) Regular clothing and a mask.
(c) Black breechcloth, neck scarf, moccasins, and mask.
(d) Ceremonial robes.
4. In Chapter 14, Leaphorn is traveling on N.M. 53 until it turns into what road at the state line?
(a) U.S. Highway 666.
(b) A.Z. 53
(c) Arizona 61.
(d) U.S. Highway 40.
5. How many people does Leaphorn estimate would be at Zuni village during Shalako?
(a) Seven to eight thousand.
(b) Ten thousand.
(c) 500 more than the usual population.
(d) Four thousand.
6. At the beginning of Chapter 15, what does Leaphorn find on the saddleback slope?
(a) Shotgun shell.
(b) Dead deer.
(c) Tracks of George's horse.
(d) Piece of a shirt in a bush.
7. What is the normal population of Zuni village?
8. In Chapter 18, what does Leaphorn believe will hide him from others in his stakeout over the Zuni village?
(a) Desert-colored clothing.
(b) Juniper and a boulder.
(c) Chamiso and pinon.
(d) Scrub brush.
9. What is missing from the deer?
(b) Heart, liver, and gall bladder.
(c) Only the hide.
(d) Some of the venison.
10. What are Koyemshi?
(a) Representatives of the Gods.
(c) Sacred clowns.
11. In Chapter 11, where does Leaphorn find Susanne?
(a) At the dig site.
(b) At the windmill.
(c) In the hogan.
(d) Taking a walk.
12. In Chapter 11, how many sites is Reynolds sponsoring digs on?
13. What type of deer had been killed by George's gun?
(a) Older, six-point buck.
(b) Young doe.
(c) Young, four-point buck.
(d) Older doe.
14. In Chapter 12, who suggests that the killings are based upon a feud between Navajo and Zuni?
(b) Ted O'Malley.
(c) Ted Isaacs.
(d) Agent Baker.
15. In Chapter 19, to whom does Leaphorn first explain his theory of the crimes?
(a) Agent Baker.
(b) Ed Pasquaanti.
(d) John O'Malley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leaphorn recognize from the photos that John O'Malley shows him?
2. John O' Malley tells Leaphorn that the killings are related to what?
3. What is the color of the mask that Leaphorn describes to Pasquaanti?
4. Where does Leaphorn go after leaving Ted Isaacs?
5. What is Halona?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)