|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What taboo did Ernesto worry he had broken?
(a) Feeling and expressing anger.
(b) Stealing from Dr. Reynolds' truck.
(c) Teaching George the Zuni religion.
(d) Talking about being Little Fire God to George.
2. What is Halona?
(a) The Higher Place of the World.
(b) The Middle Place of the World.
(c) A river.
(d) A canyon.
3. What is missing from the deer?
(a) Heart, liver, and gall bladder.
(b) Only the hide.
(d) Some of the venison.
4. What is Kothluwalawa?
(a) Zuni kachina.
(b) Zuni village.
(c) Dance Hall of the Dead.
(d) Origin myth.
5. What are Shulawitsi and Salamobia?
(b) Zuni legends.
(c) Important Zuni leaders.
(d) Places in Zuni myths.
6. In Chapter 18, what does Leaphorn believe will hide him from others in his stakeout over the Zuni village?
(a) Juniper and a boulder.
(b) Chamiso and pinon.
(c) Scrub brush.
(d) Desert-colored clothing.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 15, what does Leaphorn find on the saddleback slope?
(a) Tracks of George's horse.
(b) Dead deer.
(c) Piece of a shirt in a bush.
(d) Shotgun shell.
8. Who does Leaphorn accuse of salting the site?
(a) Ernesto Cata and George Bowlegs.
(b) Dr. Reynolds.
(c) Ted Isaacs.
9. In Chapter 14, who performs the third search of the Bowlegs hogan?
(a) The killer.
(c) Cecil Bowlegs.
(d) Federal agents.
10. In Chapter 14, where is the sky-diving exhibition that Leaphorn hears about on the radio?
(a) Yah-Ta-Hey Trading Post.
(b) The old Zuni village.
(c) Black Rock Airstrip.
(d) Painted Desert.
11. In Chapter 19, what does Leaphorn find in the alley?
(a) Another fetish.
(b) The body of George Bowlegs.
(c) The kachina mask he had seen.
(d) Only a trail of blood.
12. What does Ted Isaacs plan to do with the information he receives from Leaphorn in the last chapter?
(a) He decides to ignore what can't be proven.
(b) He decides to be honest and tell the school the truth.
(c) He decides to go after Susanne.
(d) The reader doesn't learn that.
13. What did Leaphorn experience in college with Tom Bob and Blackie Bisti?
(a) Road trip.
(b) Visit to a shaman.
(c) Native American Church meeting.
14. Who states that deer are far-sighted?
(b) George Bowlegs.
15. In Chapter 15, what do Leaphorn and Susanne share for dinner?
(a) An orange.
(b) Candy bar.
(c) Potted meat.
(d) Beef jerky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refers to George Bowlegs as "about half genius and half crazy"?
2. What is the normal population of Zuni village?
3. In Zuni mythology, what is the penalty for sacrilege?
4. In Chapter 19, to whom does Leaphorn first explain his theory of the crimes?
5. In Chapter 11, how many sites is Reynolds sponsoring digs on?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)