|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, Leaphorn sees the same kachina mask that he saw at Jason's Fleece. Where else has he seen this image in the book?
(a) Mural in the Zuni mission.
(b) At Arizona State.
(c) In his dreams.
(d) At the Bowlegs hogan.
2. In Chapter 11, how many sites is Reynolds sponsoring digs on?
3. Who mentions "Thou shall not profane the Sacred Ways of Zuni"?
(a) Father Ingles.
(c) Ed Pasquaanti.
(d) Ernesto's father.
4. What are Shulawitsi and Salamobia?
(b) Important Zuni leaders.
(c) Zuni legends.
(d) Places in Zuni myths.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 19, who is Leaphorn looking for?
(a) George Bowlegs.
(b) Ed Pasquaanti.
(c) Father Ingles.
(d) The killer.
6. What feathers does Leaphorn think he saw on the kachina mask?
(d) Raven or crow.
7. What is the age and sex of Susanne's sibling?
(a) 10-year-old sister.
(b) 13-year-old sister.
(c) 14-year-old brother.
(d) 11-year-old brother.
8. How does Ted Isaacs refer to his family?
(a) Middle class upbringing in Ohio.
(b) Absent; he grew up in foster homes.
(c) Poor east Tennessee white trash.
(d) Emotionally distant, well off family in Florida.
9. In Chapter 14, Leaphorn is traveling on N.M. 53 until it turns into what road at the state line?
(a) Arizona 61.
(b) U.S. Highway 666.
(c) A.Z. 53
(d) U.S. Highway 40.
10. In Chapter 14, what is hanging on the ranch gate?
(a) A "Property of the Federal Government" sign.
(b) A "No Trespassing" sign.
(c) Three coyote skins.
(d) A wolf skin.
11. What does Leaphorn give Ted Isaacs in the last chapter?
(a) A turquoise bear.
(b) The flint from the fetish.
(c) The prayer plume.
(d) A note from Susanne.
12. Who states that deer are far-sighted?
(d) George Bowlegs.
13. John O' Malley tells Leaphorn that the killings are related to what?
(a) Money laundering.
(b) Narcotics operation.
(c) Dealing in stolen artifacts.
14. In Chapter 15, what do Leaphorn and Susanne share for dinner?
(a) An orange.
(b) Candy bar.
(c) Potted meat.
(d) Beef jerky.
15. What is Kothluwalawa?
(a) Origin myth.
(b) Dance Hall of the Dead.
(c) Zuni village.
(d) Zuni kachina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ted Isaacs plan to do with the information he receives from Leaphorn in the last chapter?
2. In the early part of Chapter 16, what affects Leaphorn's ability to move and talk?
3. How many people does Leaphorn estimate would be at Zuni village during Shalako?
4. What type of deer had been killed by George's gun?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 15, what does Leaphorn find on the saddleback slope?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)