|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people does Leaphorn estimate would be at Zuni village during Shalako?
(a) Ten thousand.
(b) Four thousand.
(c) 500 more than the usual population.
(d) Seven to eight thousand.
2. In Chapter 16, what does Leaphorn find inside the fetish offering?
(a) Arrow point, turquoise, and clay.
(b) Wood carving, deer hair, and silver.
(c) Coral, medallion, and blood.
(d) Turquoise bead, tip of a lance point, and abalone shell.
3. Where did Ted Isaacs attend college for his undergraduate work?
(a) Morehouse College.
(b) University of Alabama.
(c) Pennsylvania State College.
(d) Memphis State.
4. What are Koyemshi?
(b) Sacred clowns.
(c) Representatives of the Gods.
5. What is Halona?
(a) A river.
(b) The Middle Place of the World.
(c) The Higher Place of the World.
(d) A canyon.
6. At the beginning of Chapter 19, who is Leaphorn looking for?
(a) The killer.
(b) George Bowlegs.
(c) Ed Pasquaanti.
(d) Father Ingles.
7. What does Leaphorn find made of blue and yellow songbird feathers in Chapter 19?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A mask.
(c) A prayer plume.
(d) An arrow.
8. Who states that deer are far-sighted?
(d) George Bowlegs.
9. In Chapter 14, who performs the third search of the Bowlegs hogan?
(a) The killer.
(b) Federal agents.
(d) Cecil Bowlegs.
10. John O' Malley tells Leaphorn that the killings are related to what?
(a) Narcotics operation.
(b) Dealing in stolen artifacts.
(d) Money laundering.
11. Where does Leaphorn go after leaving Ted Isaacs?
(a) Returns to Zuni.
(b) Goes home.
(c) Goes to see Cecil Bowlegs.
(d) Goes to see if he can find Susanne and give her a ride.
12. What do the Mudhead wear during the dance of Shalako?
(a) Regular clothing and a mask.
(b) Leather breeches, moccasins, and a headband.
(c) Black breechcloth, neck scarf, moccasins, and mask.
(d) Ceremonial robes.
13. What did Leaphorn experience in college with Tom Bob and Blackie Bisti?
(a) Road trip.
(b) Visit to a shaman.
(d) Native American Church meeting.
14. What is Kothluwalawa?
(a) Zuni kachina.
(b) Zuni village.
(c) Origin myth.
(d) Dance Hall of the Dead.
15. In Chapter 16, what type of gun hits Leaphorn?
(b) .45 caliber.
(c) Carbon dioxide pellet gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, to whom does Leaphorn first explain his theory of the crimes?
2. In Chapter 12, where is grid Seventeen W that Isaacs is working from?
3. What does Leaphorn do while Susanne cries?
4. In Chapter 11, how many sites is Reynolds sponsoring digs on?
5. Who does Leaphorn recognize from the photos that John O'Malley shows him?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)