|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what does Leaphorn compare to a broom handle?
(a) A spear found at the dig site.
(b) A tree near the lake where he looked for George.
(c) The beak of the kachina mask.
(d) The hypodermic tube.
2. What feathers does Leaphorn think he saw on the kachina mask?
(b) Raven or crow.
3. In Chapter 18, what does Leaphorn believe will hide him from others in his stakeout over the Zuni village?
(a) Juniper and a boulder.
(b) Desert-colored clothing.
(c) Chamiso and pinon.
(d) Scrub brush.
4. In Chapter 19, what does Leaphorn find in the alley?
(a) The body of George Bowlegs.
(b) Another fetish.
(c) Only a trail of blood.
(d) The kachina mask he had seen.
5. In Chapter 19, to whom does Leaphorn first explain his theory of the crimes?
(a) Agent Baker.
(c) John O'Malley.
(d) Ed Pasquaanti.
6. How does Ted Isaacs refer to his family?
(a) Middle class upbringing in Ohio.
(b) Emotionally distant, well off family in Florida.
(c) Poor east Tennessee white trash.
(d) Absent; he grew up in foster homes.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 15, what does Leaphorn find on the saddleback slope?
(a) Shotgun shell.
(b) Piece of a shirt in a bush.
(c) Dead deer.
(d) Tracks of George's horse.
8. What is Kothluwalawa?
(a) Dance Hall of the Dead.
(b) Origin myth.
(c) Zuni kachina.
(d) Zuni village.
9. What does Leaphorn find made of blue and yellow songbird feathers in Chapter 19?
(a) A mask.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A prayer plume.
(d) A necklace.
10. What type of deer had been killed by George's gun?
(a) Older doe.
(b) Young doe.
(c) Young, four-point buck.
(d) Older, six-point buck.
11. In Chapter 11, what noise covers Leaphorn's arrival at the commune?
(a) The wind.
(b) Welding on the school bus.
(d) An argument.
12. What are Koyemshi?
(c) Sacred clowns.
(d) Representatives of the Gods.
13. What order is Father Ingles with?
(a) The Order of St. Patrick.
(b) The Order of St. Anthony.
(c) The Order of St. Francis.
(d) The Order of St. Michael.
14. In the early part of Chapter 16, what affects Leaphorn's ability to move and talk?
(c) A paralytic drug.
15. Who does Leaphorn recognize from the photos that John O'Malley shows him?
(c) Ted Isaacs.
(d) Dr. Reynolds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Acoma and Isleta?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 19, who is Leaphorn looking for?
3. In Chapter 14, where is the sky-diving exhibition that Leaphorn hears about on the radio?
4. What nickname has Leaphorn given the killer?
5. What does Leaphorn give Ted Isaacs in the last chapter?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)