|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the last time that Father Ingles spoke with Ernesto Cata?
(a) More than a week previously.
(b) Saturday's Confessional.
(c) School on Friday.
(d) Sunday Mass.
2. What does Leaphorn do while Susanne cries?
(a) Talks about Navajo mythology about death.
(b) Turns away to look at the horizon.
(c) Tries to calm her.
(d) Pats her on the back.
3. Where does Leaphorn go after leaving Ted Isaacs?
(a) Goes to see if he can find Susanne and give her a ride.
(b) Goes home.
(c) Returns to Zuni.
(d) Goes to see Cecil Bowlegs.
4. What feathers does Leaphorn think he saw on the kachina mask?
(c) Raven or crow.
5. Where did Ted Isaacs attend college for his undergraduate work?
(a) University of Alabama.
(b) Memphis State.
(c) Morehouse College.
(d) Pennsylvania State College.
6. What is Kothluwalawa?
(a) Dance Hall of the Dead.
(b) Zuni village.
(c) Zuni kachina.
(d) Origin myth.
7. What is missing from the deer?
(b) Some of the venison.
(c) Only the hide.
(d) Heart, liver, and gall bladder.
8. What type of deer had been killed by George's gun?
(a) Young doe.
(b) Young, four-point buck.
(c) Older, six-point buck.
(d) Older doe.
9. Who does Leaphorn accuse of salting the site?
(a) Ted Isaacs.
(c) Ernesto Cata and George Bowlegs.
(d) Dr. Reynolds.
10. What does Leaphorn give Ted Isaacs in the last chapter?
(a) A note from Susanne.
(b) A turquoise bear.
(c) The prayer plume.
(d) The flint from the fetish.
11. What does Ted Isaacs plan to do with the information he receives from Leaphorn in the last chapter?
(a) He decides to be honest and tell the school the truth.
(b) He decides to go after Susanne.
(c) The reader doesn't learn that.
(d) He decides to ignore what can't be proven.
12. What did Leaphorn experience in college with Tom Bob and Blackie Bisti?
(a) Native American Church meeting.
(b) Road trip.
(c) Visit to a shaman.
13. How does Ted Isaacs refer to his family?
(a) Absent; he grew up in foster homes.
(b) Poor east Tennessee white trash.
(c) Middle class upbringing in Ohio.
(d) Emotionally distant, well off family in Florida.
14. In the early part of Chapter 16, what affects Leaphorn's ability to move and talk?
(a) A paralytic drug.
15. What are Acoma and Isleta?
(b) Other Pueblos.
(c) Towns in Arizona.
(d) Nearby lakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Mudhead wear during the dance of Shalako?
2. In Chapter 18, what does Leaphorn believe will hide him from others in his stakeout over the Zuni village?
3. In Chapter 12, where is grid Seventeen W that Isaacs is working from?
4. Dance Hall of the Dead takes place over how much time?
5. In Chapter 12, who suggests that the killings are based upon a feud between Navajo and Zuni?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)