|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What order is Father Ingles with?
(a) The Order of St. Michael.
(b) The Order of St. Patrick.
(c) The Order of St. Anthony.
(d) The Order of St. Francis.
2. In the early part of Chapter 16, what affects Leaphorn's ability to move and talk?
(a) A paralytic drug.
3. What does Leaphorn give Ted Isaacs in the last chapter?
(a) The prayer plume.
(b) A note from Susanne.
(c) A turquoise bear.
(d) The flint from the fetish.
4. What is the normal population of Zuni village?
5. What does Leaphorn do while Susanne cries?
(a) Pats her on the back.
(b) Tries to calm her.
(c) Talks about Navajo mythology about death.
(d) Turns away to look at the horizon.
6. In Chapter 12, where is grid Seventeen W that Isaacs is working from?
(a) On top of the ridge.
(b) In the center of the site.
(c) In a gully.
(d) Farthest from the trailer.
7. John O' Malley tells Leaphorn that the killings are related to what?
(a) Money laundering.
(b) Narcotics operation.
(d) Dealing in stolen artifacts.
8. How does Ted Isaacs refer to his family?
(a) Emotionally distant, well off family in Florida.
(b) Middle class upbringing in Ohio.
(c) Absent; he grew up in foster homes.
(d) Poor east Tennessee white trash.
9. In Chapter 16, what type of gun hits Leaphorn?
(a) Carbon dioxide pellet gun.
(b) .45 caliber.
10. In Chapter 19, to whom does Leaphorn first explain his theory of the crimes?
(b) Agent Baker.
(c) Ed Pasquaanti.
(d) John O'Malley.
11. In Chapter 12, who suggests that the killings are based upon a feud between Navajo and Zuni?
(a) Agent Baker.
(b) Ted Isaacs.
(d) Ted O'Malley.
12. What are Acoma and Isleta?
(a) Towns in Arizona.
(b) Nearby lakes.
(c) Other Pueblos.
13. Dance Hall of the Dead takes place over how much time?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Five days.
14. At the beginning of Chapter 19, who is Leaphorn looking for?
(a) Ed Pasquaanti.
(b) The killer.
(c) Father Ingles.
(d) George Bowlegs.
15. Who mentions "Thou shall not profane the Sacred Ways of Zuni"?
(b) Ernesto's father.
(c) Ed Pasquaanti.
(d) Father Ingles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Leaphorn experience in college with Tom Bob and Blackie Bisti?
2. Who does Leaphorn recognize from the photos that John O'Malley shows him?
3. In Chapter 11, how many sites is Reynolds sponsoring digs on?
4. In Chapter 19, what does Leaphorn find in the alley?
5. Who does Leaphorn accuse of salting the site?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)