|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how many sites is Reynolds sponsoring digs on?
2. In Chapter 18, what hangs over the Zuni pueblo?
(a) Thin layer of ice crystals.
(c) Blue smoke from cooking.
3. Who states that deer are far-sighted?
(c) George Bowlegs.
4. What is Kothluwalawa?
(a) Zuni village.
(b) Dance Hall of the Dead.
(c) Origin myth.
(d) Zuni kachina.
5. In Chapter 18, what becomes keystone for Leaphorn?
(a) Remembering songs of the Night Way.
(b) The turquoise from the fetish.
(c) The sight of the ceremonial procession.
(d) The flint from the fetish.
6. In Chapter 16, what type of gun hits Leaphorn?
(a) .45 caliber.
(d) Carbon dioxide pellet gun.
7. In the early part of Chapter 16, what affects Leaphorn's ability to move and talk?
(a) A paralytic drug.
8. Dance Hall of the Dead takes place over how much time?
(a) Five days.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Ten days.
9. In Chapter 11, what noise covers Leaphorn's arrival at the commune?
(a) An argument.
(c) Welding on the school bus.
(d) The wind.
10. What nickname has Leaphorn given the killer?
(a) Man Who Wore Moccasins.
(b) The Tracker.
(c) Man with Machete.
(d) Killer of Two.
11. In Chapter 16, what does Leaphorn find inside the fetish offering?
(a) Coral, medallion, and blood.
(b) Wood carving, deer hair, and silver.
(c) Turquoise bead, tip of a lance point, and abalone shell.
(d) Arrow point, turquoise, and clay.
12. What is Halona?
(a) The Middle Place of the World.
(b) A river.
(c) A canyon.
(d) The Higher Place of the World.
13. In Chapter 15, what do Leaphorn and Susanne share for dinner?
(a) An orange.
(b) Potted meat.
(c) Candy bar.
(d) Beef jerky.
14. In Chapter 14, who performs the third search of the Bowlegs hogan?
(a) Cecil Bowlegs.
(b) Federal agents.
(d) The killer.
15. How does Ted Isaacs refer to his family?
(a) Absent; he grew up in foster homes.
(b) Poor east Tennessee white trash.
(c) Emotionally distant, well off family in Florida.
(d) Middle class upbringing in Ohio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leaphorn go after leaving Ted Isaacs?
2. In Zuni mythology, what is the penalty for sacrilege?
3. What does Leaphorn do while Susanne cries?
4. In Chapter 14, where is the sky-diving exhibition that Leaphorn hears about on the radio?
5. In Chapter 14, what is hanging on the ranch gate?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)