|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cecil, who stole something from the anthropologists at the dig site?
(a) Ernesto Cata.
(b) The hippies at the commune.
(c) A kachina.
(d) George Bowlegs.
2. In Chapter 6, for whom does Leaphorn feel an amused attraction?
(a) Dr. Reynolds.
(b) Alice Madman.
(d) Young Wife.
3. Leaphorn estimates Isaacs' age as what?
(a) Mid twenties.
(b) Late twenties.
(c) Early twenties.
(d) Early thirties.
4. In Chapter 9, what is the fetish that Leaphorn finds?
(a) An antelope.
(b) A carved kachina.
(c) A bone mole.
(d) A badger.
5. Which of these men is the McKinley County Deputy Sheriff?
(a) James Naranjo.
(b) Cipriano Naranjo.
(c) Howard Highsmith.
(d) J.D. Highsmith.
6. In Chapter 9, why is Cecil worried about removing anything from the hogan?
(a) Cecil has nothing.
(b) He doesn't want ghost sickness.
(c) Cecil is grief-stricken.
(d) He thinks George will return.
7. How did Cata die?
(a) From an ax or machete to the neck.
(b) From a gunshot in the back.
(c) From a blow to the head.
(d) From a knife into the chest.
8. According to Cecil, why is a kachina after his brother and Ernesto?
(a) Both boys ignored kachina warnings.
(b) Both boys committed sacrilege.
(c) Ernesto told something taboo to George.
(d) George did something against the Zuni religion.
9. Who is the young person with the shaved head at the commune?
10. Who refers to Leaphorn as Navajo fuzz?
(c) Young Husband.
11. What is Halona Itawana?
(a) A Zuni ritual.
(b) A Navajo location.
(c) A Zuni elder.
(d) A Zuni village.
12. Leaphorn recognizes Agent Baker as what?
(a) A State Bureau of Investigation agent.
(b) An FBI agent.
(c) An agent with the Justice Department's Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs.
(d) A BIA official.
13. In Chapter 4, who is Ted Isaac's only companion for two days?
(b) Dr. Reynolds.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) A female horned lark.
14. In Chapter 10, where does Leaphorn drive to after the meeting?
(a) The Zuni River.
(b) The commune.
(c) St. Anthony's.
(d) The anthropological site.
15. Leaphorn estimates that Short Bowlegs was killed when?
(a) 30 minutes before Leaphorn's arrival.
(b) The day before.
(c) Early that morning.
(d) Several hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Leaphorn's clan?
2. According to a neighbor, where is the owner of the commune land believed to live?
3. Isaacs shows Leaphorn a rectangular pink stone from the butt-end of a lance point. What is it made of?
4. In gathering up Cecil's clothing in Chapter 9, what does Leaphorn pack in a grocery sack?
5. When does Dance Hall of the Dead begin?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)