|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the secret name given to Nashibitti at the Night Way Ceremonial?
(a) She Who Remains Silent.
(b) He Who Asks Questions.
(c) He Who Gives Answers.
(d) She Who is Wise.
2. According to Cecil in Chapter 9, George said he was going to look for some kachinas at a place he couldn't pronounce. What letter does the place start with?
3. At the end of Chapter 1, what does the Little Fire God see?
(a) A kachina.
(b) A Zuni sorcerer.
(c) An arrow.
(d) A figure with a mask of the Mole Salamobia.
4. Who says, "When the dung beetle moves, know that something has moved it"?
(a) Cata's uncle.
(b) Ed Pasquaanti.
(c) Joe Leaphorn.
(d) Hosteen Nashibitti.
5. Who helps Leaphorn change his flat tire?
(a) Father Ingles.
(c) Shorty Bowlegs.
(d) Cecil Bowlegs.
6. Where did Leaphorn attend college?
(a) University of Arizona.
(b) New Mexico State.
(c) University of New Mexico.
(d) Arizona State.
7. In Chapter 8, why does Leaphorn wait before entering the hogan?
(a) He wants time to think.
(b) He wants to observe.
(c) He doesn't think anyone's at home.
(d) Navajo custom and manners.
8. Who is the Navajo friend of the Little Fire God?
(a) George Bowlegs.
(c) Father Ingles.
(d) Ted Isaacs.
9. In Chapter 6, what is the last message that Leaphorn receives from the Window Rock operator?
(a) He has a dentist appointment the next day.
(b) His supervisor wants to know about an embezzlement case.
(c) George Bowlegs has been sighted.
(d) Ernesto Cata's body has been found.
10. What drug does Leaphorn ask if Otis took?
11. In Chapter 3, how does Leaphorn think of the Zuni village?
12. In Chapter 4, what is described as the trademark of the Folsom culture?
(b) Lance points.
(d) Cooking pot.
13. Who considers the hippies as generous, ignorant, friendly, bad mannered but well intentioned?
(a) Ted Isaacs.
(b) Young Wife.
(c) Young Husband.
(d) Joe Leaphorn.
14. What does Cecil's lunchbox say on it?
(a) Cecil Bowlegs.
(b) St. Anthony School.
(c) Happiness is a strong kite string.
(d) It says nothing.
15. In Chapter 1, the Little Fire God is running. What is to the west of where he is?
(b) The Painted Desert.
(c) The Petrified Forest.
(d) Chaco Canyon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is John O' Malley?
2. What language do words like Shulawitsi and Shalako come from?
3. In Chapter 9, why is Cecil worried about removing anything from the hogan?
4. What is the proper cure for any who have been touched by Shorty's death?
5. What is the Navajo way to release a ghost for its infinite wandering?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)