|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what does Isaacs write on the envelope?
(a) Grid 4 north, 7 west.
(b) Grid 2 south, 6 west.
(c) Grid 3 north, 6 east.
(d) Grid 5 south, 7 east.
2. In Chapter 10, what does Leaphorn think is significant that O'Malley doesn't?
(a) The note George left for Cecil.
(b) The appearance of the bird man kachina.
(c) The missing Bowlegs horse.
(d) Shorty Bowleg's death.
3. In Chapter 6, what is the last message that Leaphorn receives from the Window Rock operator?
(a) His supervisor wants to know about an embezzlement case.
(b) Ernesto Cata's body has been found.
(c) George Bowlegs has been sighted.
(d) He has a dentist appointment the next day.
4. In Chapter 10, where does Leaphorn drive to after the meeting?
(a) St. Anthony's.
(b) The commune.
(c) The anthropological site.
(d) The Zuni River.
5. Ernesto Cata is one of the missing boys. What other name or role does the reader know Cata by?
(a) Zuni Kachina.
(b) The Little Fire God.
(c) The Little Sun God.
(d) Badger Spirit.
6. In Chapter 9, Leaphorn deduces that a horse is missing. Who has it?
(a) Dr. Reynolds.
(d) George Bowlegs.
7. In Chapter 8, Leaphorn hears the sound of a bell. What does it come from?
(a) A goat.
(b) A dog.
(d) A horse.
8. According to Leaphorn's observations, how many men and women live at the commune?
(a) Three men and five women.
(b) Six men and four women.
(c) Five men and two women.
(d) Four men and three women.
9. Who considers the hippies as generous, ignorant, friendly, bad mannered but well intentioned?
(a) Ted Isaacs.
(b) Young Wife.
(c) Joe Leaphorn.
(d) Young Husband.
10. Who says, "Somebody should have warned Custer"?
11. What is Leaphorn's clan?
(a) Always-Running Clan.
(b) Red-Faced Clan.
(c) Speaks-Wisely Clan.
(d) Slow-Talking People Clan.
12. Who says, "When the dung beetle moves, know that something has moved it"?
(a) Cata's uncle.
(b) Ed Pasquaanti.
(c) Joe Leaphorn.
(d) Hosteen Nashibitti.
13. In Chapter 10, the death of someone by a heroin overdose is mentioned. Who died?
(a) Someone on the Navajo tribal council.
(b) A Navajo rodeo performer.
(c) A kid at the Catholic school.
(d) A white teen on Navajo land.
14. On what road is Leaphorn traveling in the last scene of Chapter 6?
(a) The wagon trail.
(b) The Ramah-Ojo Caliente Road.
(c) N.M. 53.
(d) Interstate 40.
15. What is Pasquaanti's job?
(a) Federal Agent.
(b) Chief of Zuni Police.
(c) Navajo Policeman.
(d) State Policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, the Little Fire God reaches the end of his run and sees his bicycle. Who does he expect to be waiting?
2. What happened to Hu-tu-tu when he stumbled on the causeway over the Zuni Wash?
3. In Chapter 3, Leaphorn makes the observation that days that begin badly end badly. What happens to make him think this?
4. In Chapter 5, approximately how many sheep does Leaphorn see at the commune?
5. By the end of Chapter 8, who arrives at the hogan?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)