|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Leaphorn, what are the colors of dry country autumn where he lives?
(a) Crimson, blue, and orange.
(b) Red, orange, and gold.
(c) Gold, gray, and green.
(d) Blue, gold, and gray.
2. In Chapter 8, what does Leaphorn find hanging from the hogan blanket rope?
(b) Shorty Bowlegs.
3. What does Dr. Reynolds drive?
(a) A green GMC pickup.
(b) A white Chevy pickup.
(c) A yellow Jeep.
(d) A black SUV.
4. Who wrote "Paleo-Indian Cultures in North America"?
(a) Gerard Livingston.
(b) Ted Isaacs.
(c) Mortimer McClanahan
(d) Chester Reynolds.
5. Who is having a birthday in a few days and turning 13?
(a) Cecil Bowlegs.
(b) George Bowlegs.
(c) Pasquaanti's son.
(d) Ernesto Cata.
6. In Dance Hall of the Dead, what does Shulawitsi mean?
(a) Little Fire God.
(b) Little Sun God.
(c) Deputy to the Sun.
(d) Dance Hall of the Dead.
7. In Chapter 10, who is described as a baptized Christian and Catholic communicant?
(a) Ernesto Cata.
(c) John O' Malley.
(d) George Bowlegs.
8. Who tells Leaphorn that kachinas are invisible unless you're about to die?
(a) The commune neighbors.
(b) A college roommate.
(c) Father Ingles.
(d) Ed Pasquaanti.
9. Who refers to Leaphorn as Navajo fuzz?
(d) Young Husband.
10. In Chapter 5, approximately how many sheep does Leaphorn see at the commune?
11. What happened to Hu-tu-tu when he stumbled on the causeway over the Zuni Wash?
(a) The people yelled at Hu-tu-tu.
(b) Hu-tu-tu was asked to leave his clan.
(c) Salamobia struck him with their yucca wands.
(d) Hu-tu-tu was killed for sacrilege.
12. In Chapter 9, why is Cecil worried about removing anything from the hogan?
(a) He doesn't want ghost sickness.
(b) Cecil has nothing.
(c) Cecil is grief-stricken.
(d) He thinks George will return.
13. In Chapter 7, how many sets of tracks does Leaphorn find?
14. In Chapter 4, what is described as the trademark of the Folsom culture?
(c) Lance points.
(d) Cooking pot.
15. Who says, "When the dung beetle moves, know that something has moved it"?
(a) Ed Pasquaanti.
(b) Cata's uncle.
(c) Hosteen Nashibitti.
(d) Joe Leaphorn.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, why is O'Malley angry with Leaphorn?
2. Ernesto Cata is one of the missing boys. What other name or role does the reader know Cata by?
3. What drug does Leaphorn ask if Otis took?
4. In Chapter 1, the Little Fire God spies a light on in a camper below him. He guesses that Ted Isaacs is doing what?
5. Who is John O' Malley?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)