|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leaphorn recognizes Agent Baker as what?
(a) An agent with the Justice Department's Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs.
(b) A BIA official.
(c) A State Bureau of Investigation agent.
(d) An FBI agent.
2. In Chapter 5, approximately how many sheep does Leaphorn see at the commune?
3. In Chapter 6, Leaphorn comes up with another explanation for the blood found where Ernesto Cata was last found?
(a) George Bowleg's blood.
(b) The blood of an unknown person.
(c) Sheep blood.
(d) Deer blood.
4. In Chapter 8, what is being whipped into a frantic thrashing?
(a) Juniper limbs.
(c) The door to the hogan.
(d) The wind.
5. How many spikes does Leaphorn spy on Cata's right shoe?
6. Who mentions a treaty between the Zuni and the Turks?
7. Who refers to Leaphorn as Navajo fuzz?
(a) Young Husband.
8. Who says, "Somebody should have warned Custer"?
9. In Chapter 10, what does Leaphorn think is significant that O'Malley doesn't?
(a) The appearance of the bird man kachina.
(b) The missing Bowlegs horse.
(c) Shorty Bowleg's death.
(d) The note George left for Cecil.
10. What drug does Leaphorn ask if Otis took?
11. In gathering up Cecil's clothing in Chapter 9, what does Leaphorn pack in a grocery sack?
(a) A single shirt.
(b) A shirt, underwear, and three pairs of socks.
(c) A pair of pants and a shirt.
(d) Underwear and two pairs of socks.
12. What does Leaphorn bring out of the hogan that belongs to George?
(a) A ragged shirt.
(b) A fetish.
(d) Odds and ends.
13. When Chapter 2 opens, what is Lieutenant Joe Leaphorn doing?
(a) Talked with the deputy sheriff.
(b) Driving to Zuni.
(c) Watching a fly.
(d) Listening to Ed Pasquaanti.
14. In Chapter 1, the Little Fire God spies a light on in a camper below him. He guesses that Ted Isaacs is doing what?
(a) Cleaning the camper.
(b) Digging at the anthropological site.
(c) Cooking supper.
15. What clan does the Little Fire God belong to?
(a) Antelope Clan.
(b) Eagle Clan.
(c) Wolf Clan.
(d) Badger Clan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language do words like Shulawitsi and Shalako come from?
2. According to Susanne in Chapter 6, what had George asked her about the day before?
3. Where is Leaphorn at 7:22 a.m. on December 2?
4. Who lives in the old hogans behind Hoski Butte?
5. Who considers the hippies as generous, ignorant, friendly, bad mannered but well intentioned?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)