|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what is the fetish that Leaphorn finds?
(a) An antelope.
(b) A bone mole.
(c) A carved kachina.
(d) A badger.
2. Who is the young person with the shaved head at the commune?
3. Who refers to Leaphorn as Navajo fuzz?
(a) Young Husband.
4. What is the proper cure for any who have been touched by Shorty's death?
(a) Arranging for the proper Singer and Sing.
(b) Tearing down the hogan.
(c) Closing the smoke hole in the top.
(d) Bringing out a shaman.
5. What is taboo in the eight days leading to Shalako?
(b) Eating before sundown.
(d) Associating with non-Zuni people.
6. What clan does the Little Fire God belong to?
(a) Eagle Clan.
(b) Wolf Clan.
(c) Antelope Clan.
(d) Badger Clan.
7. In Chapter 4, what is described as the trademark of the Folsom culture?
(c) Cooking pot.
(d) Lance points.
8. Where do the hippies in the commune sometimes give rides to Young Husband and Young Wife?
(a) Shiprock and Ramah.
(b) Albuquerque and Farmington.
(c) Gallup and Farmington.
(d) Ramah and Gallup.
9. In Chapter 3, what does Leaphorn offer Cecil in an effort to get him to open up?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A candy car.
(c) A cola.
(d) A ride into town.
10. In Chapter 9, Leaphorn deduces that a horse is missing. Who has it?
(b) Dr. Reynolds.
(c) George Bowlegs.
11. In Chapter 8, who is the man in the blue shirt that Leaphorn sees at the door?
(a) The killer.
(b) Shorty Bowlegs.
(c) Ed Pasquaanti.
(d) George Bowlegs.
12. In Dance Hall of the Dead, what does Shulawitsi mean?
(a) Little Fire God.
(b) Little Sun God.
(c) Deputy to the Sun.
(d) Dance Hall of the Dead.
13. In Chapter 5, what surprise does Leaphorn see emerging from the arbor?
(a) George Bowlegs.
(b) A human with a bird head.
(c) A human with a deer head.
(d) Ted Isaacs.
14. What is Naranjo's hat made of?
(d) He doesn't wear a hat.
15. In Chapter 5, approximately how many sheep does Leaphorn see at the commune?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what face turns to scarred white ice?
2. Who are Bacobi and Atarque?
3. In Chapter 6, for whom does Leaphorn feel an amused attraction?
4. What does Leaphorn bring out of the hogan that belongs to George?
5. What are Belacani?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)