|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who is the man in the blue shirt that Leaphorn sees at the door?
(a) Ed Pasquaanti.
(b) Shorty Bowlegs.
(c) The killer.
(d) George Bowlegs.
2. In Chapter 10, who is described as a baptized Christian and Catholic communicant?
(a) George Bowlegs.
(b) Ernesto Cata.
(d) John O' Malley.
3. What is Jason's Fleece, as used in <i>Dance Hall of the Dead</i>?
(a) A place where the hippies live.
(b) A legend.
(c) An anthropological discovery.
(d) A store on the reservation.
4. What does Dr. Reynolds drive?
(a) A green GMC pickup.
(b) A yellow Jeep.
(c) A white Chevy pickup.
(d) A black SUV.
5. In Chapter 2, where is George Bowlegs last reportedly seen?
(a) With Cata's bike.
(b) With Cata.
6. By a white man's standards, what is Shorty Bowlegs net worth?
7. Who tells Leaphorn that kachinas are invisible unless you're about to die?
(a) Ed Pasquaanti.
(b) The commune neighbors.
(c) Father Ingles.
(d) A college roommate.
8. Where is Leaphorn at 7:22 a.m. on December 2?
(a) At the Ramah chapter house.
(b) At Ernesto Cata's burial site.
(c) On the road to the Zuni village.
(d) At Shorty Bowleg's hogan.
9. In Chapter 7, who turns down Leaphorn's offer to help dig?
(a) Cata's uncle.
(b) Ed Pasquaanti.
(c) Cata's father.
(d) Cata's father's friend.
10. In Chapter 8, why does Leaphorn wait before entering the hogan?
(a) Navajo custom and manners.
(b) He wants time to think.
(c) He doesn't think anyone's at home.
(d) He wants to observe.
11. In Chapter 4, who is Ted Isaac's only companion for two days?
(a) A female horned lark.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) Dr. Reynolds.
12. In <i>Dance Hall of the Dead,</i> what does Shulawitsi mean?
(a) Little Fire God.
(b) Dance Hall of the Dead.
(c) Little Sun God.
(d) Deputy to the Sun.
13. In Chapter 10, what does Leaphorn think is significant that O'Malley doesn't?
(a) The note George left for Cecil.
(b) The missing Bowlegs horse.
(c) The appearance of the bird man kachina.
(d) Shorty Bowleg's death.
14. Ernesto Cata is one of the missing boys. What other name or role does the reader know Cata by?
(a) The Little Sun God.
(b) The Little Fire God.
(c) Zuni Kachina.
(d) Badger Spirit.
15. How has Isaacs identified the anthropological site where he's digging?
(a) A Clovis trash site.
(b) A Paleo-Indian burial site.
(c) An Anasazi village.
(d) A Folsom hunting camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the last time Isaacs saw George Bowlegs and Ernesto Cata?
2. Who owns the land where the commune sheep graze?
3. In Chapter 5, what surprise does Leaphorn see emerging from the arbor?
4. Leaphorn estimates that Short Bowlegs was killed when?
5. In Chapter 10, where does Leaphorn drive to after the meeting?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)