|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a kachina?
(a) Evil spirit.
(b) Navajo ancestor spirit or mask.
(c) Zuni ancestor spirit, mask, or wooden doll.
(d) A toy doll.
2. According to Cecil, who stole something from the anthropologists at the dig site?
(a) George Bowlegs.
(b) The hippies at the commune.
(c) A kachina.
(d) Ernesto Cata.
3. In Chapter 5, Leaphorn talks to Young Husband, a neighbor to the commune. Where has Young Husband spent 12 months?
(a) New York.
4. When does Dance Hall of the Dead begin?
(a) December 5.
(b) October 15.
(c) November 30.
(d) September 25.
5. In Chapter 1, what is stenciled on the back of the Little Fire God's sweatshirt?
(a) Property of the Little Fire God.
(b) Property of St. Anthony's Mission Church.
(c) Property of Zuni Consolidated Schools.
(d) Property of the Zuni Pueblo.
6. Who is in charge of the investigation introduced in Chapter 2?
(a) Cipriano Naranjo.
(b) J.D. Hightower.
(c) Joe Leaphorn.
(d) Ed Pasquaanti.
7. What was the secret name given to Nashibitti at the Night Way Ceremonial?
(a) She Who is Wise.
(b) He Who Asks Questions.
(c) He Who Gives Answers.
(d) She Who Remains Silent.
8. In Chapter 9, why is Cecil worried about removing anything from the hogan?
(a) He doesn't want ghost sickness.
(b) He thinks George will return.
(c) Cecil has nothing.
(d) Cecil is grief-stricken.
9. In Chapter 10, who is described as a baptized Christian and Catholic communicant?
(b) John O' Malley.
(c) George Bowlegs.
(d) Ernesto Cata.
10. In Chapter 8, Leaphorn hears the sound of a bell. What does it come from?
(b) A dog.
(c) A goat.
(d) A horse.
11. In Chapter 6, where is Leaphorn planning to sleep?
(a) In his truck.
(b) At home.
(c) At the Ramah chapter house.
(d) In Window Rock.
12. Which of these men is the McKinley County Deputy Sheriff?
(a) J.D. Highsmith.
(b) James Naranjo.
(c) Howard Highsmith.
(d) Cipriano Naranjo.
13. What does Cecil's lunchbox say on it?
(a) Cecil Bowlegs.
(b) Happiness is a strong kite string.
(c) It says nothing.
(d) St. Anthony School.
14. According to a neighbor, where is the owner of the commune land believed to live?
(b) Window Rock.
(d) Santa Fe.
15. According to Susanne in Chapter 6, what had George asked her about the day before?
(a) Converting to Zuni religion.
(b) Where to find a kachina.
(c) Kachina forgiveness or absolution.
(d) How to become a shaman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Navajo way to release a ghost for its infinite wandering?
2. In Chapter 3, who says that George ran away from the kachina?
3. In Chapter 10, the death of someone by a heroin overdose is mentioned. Who died?
4. What mark is found on both Leaphorn's carryall and his shirt?
5. In Chapter 6, for whom does Leaphorn feel an amused attraction?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)