|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Reynolds drive?
(a) A black SUV.
(b) A yellow Jeep.
(c) A white Chevy pickup.
(d) A green GMC pickup.
2. In Chapter 9, to what culture does the fetish most likely belong?
3. What is a kachina?
(a) Zuni ancestor spirit, mask, or wooden doll.
(b) Navajo ancestor spirit or mask.
(c) Evil spirit.
(d) A toy doll.
4. In Chapter 6, who is wearing good, but dirty boots?
5. In Chapter 1, the Little Fire God reaches the end of his run and sees his bicycle. Who does he expect to be waiting?
(a) A Zuni elder.
(c) His brother.
(d) The Doctor.
6. In Chapter 10, the death of someone by a heroin overdose is mentioned. Who died?
(a) A kid at the Catholic school.
(b) Someone on the Navajo tribal council.
(c) A Navajo rodeo performer.
(d) A white teen on Navajo land.
7. In Chapter 2, what road does Leaphorn take from Shiprock to Zuni?
(a) N.M. 53.
(b) Interstate 40.
(c) S.H. 52.
(d) The name of the road isn't mentioned.
8. What language do words like Shulawitsi and Shalako come from?
9. What is the proper cure for any who have been touched by Shorty's death?
(a) Closing the smoke hole in the top.
(b) Tearing down the hogan.
(c) Bringing out a shaman.
(d) Arranging for the proper Singer and Sing.
10. What does Leaphorn bring out of the hogan that belongs to George?
(a) A fetish.
(b) A ragged shirt.
(c) Odds and ends.
11. In Chapter 7, what type of bird is startled from the junipers?
(d) Pinon jay.
12. When does <i>Dance Hall of the Dead</i> begin?
(a) September 25.
(b) October 15.
(c) December 5.
(d) November 30.
13. In Chapter 10, why is O'Malley angry with Leaphorn?
(a) For being insolent.
(b) For investigating the Bowlegs hogan.
(c) For not finding George Bowlegs.
(d) For being Navajo.
14. According to Cecil, who stole something from the anthropologists at the dig site?
(a) A kachina.
(b) George Bowlegs.
(c) Ernesto Cata.
(d) The hippies at the commune.
15. In Chapter 7, who turns down Leaphorn's offer to help dig?
(a) Cata's uncle.
(b) Cata's father's friend.
(c) Ed Pasquaanti.
(d) Cata's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Leaphorn think is significant that O'Malley doesn't?
2. What is Jason's Fleece, as used in <i>Dance Hall of the Dead</i>?
3. What is Leaphorn's clan?
4. In Chapter 4, what does Isaacs write on the envelope?
5. Who mentions a treaty between the Zuni and the Turks?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)