|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does Leaphorn offer Cecil in an effort to get him to open up?
(a) A cola.
(b) A candy car.
(c) A ride into town.
(d) A cigarette.
2. In Chapter 4, who is Ted Isaac's only companion for two days?
(b) Dr. Reynolds.
(c) A female horned lark.
(d) A scorpion.
3. When does <i>Dance Hall of the Dead</i> begin?
(a) December 5.
(b) September 25.
(c) October 15.
(d) November 30.
4. Who is having a birthday in a few days and turning 13?
(a) Cecil Bowlegs.
(b) Pasquaanti's son.
(c) Ernesto Cata.
(d) George Bowlegs.
5. How many spikes does Leaphorn spy on Cata's right shoe?
6. What distance does Leaphorn stop his truck from the roped-off dig site?
(a) 15 feet.
(b) 50 feet.
(c) 25 feet.
(d) 75 feet.
7. Where is Leaphorn at 7:22 a.m. on December 2?
(a) At Ernesto Cata's burial site.
(b) At the Ramah chapter house.
(c) At Shorty Bowleg's hogan.
(d) On the road to the Zuni village.
8. Who wrote "Paleo-Indian Cultures in North America"?
(a) Ted Isaacs.
(b) Chester Reynolds.
(c) Mortimer McClanahan
(d) Gerard Livingston.
9. In Chapter 1, the Little Fire God reaches the end of his run and sees his bicycle. Who does he expect to be waiting?
(b) His brother.
(c) The Doctor.
(d) A Zuni elder.
10. In Chapter 8, who is the man in the blue shirt that Leaphorn sees at the door?
(a) The killer.
(b) George Bowlegs.
(c) Shorty Bowlegs.
(d) Ed Pasquaanti.
11. In Chapter 1, the Little Fire God spies a light on in a camper below him. He guesses that Ted Isaacs is doing what?
(a) Cleaning the camper.
(c) Digging at the anthropological site.
(d) Cooking supper.
12. In Chapter 8, who does Leaphorn consider the last untapped possibility?
(a) George Bowlegs.
(b) Shorty Bowlegs.
(d) Ted Isaacs.
13. In Chapter 10, who is described as a baptized Christian and Catholic communicant?
(a) Ernesto Cata.
(c) George Bowlegs.
(d) John O' Malley.
14. Which of these men is the McKinley County Deputy Sheriff?
(a) Cipriano Naranjo.
(b) Howard Highsmith.
(c) J.D. Highsmith.
(d) James Naranjo.
15. Who considers the hippies as generous, ignorant, friendly, bad mannered but well intentioned?
(a) Joe Leaphorn.
(b) Ted Isaacs.
(c) Young Husband.
(d) Young Wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, Leaphorn deduces that a horse is missing. Who has it?
2. Who are Bacobi and Atarque?
3. Who mentions a treaty between the Zuni and the Turks?
4. In Chapter 4, what is described as the trademark of the Folsom culture?
5. According to Cecil, who stole something from the anthropologists at the dig site?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)