|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Susanne in Chapter 6, what had George asked her about the day before?
(a) How to become a shaman.
(b) Kachina forgiveness or absolution.
(c) Where to find a kachina.
(d) Converting to Zuni religion.
2. Who lives in the old hogans behind Hoski Butte?
3. Isaacs shows Leaphorn a rectangular pink stone from the butt-end of a lance point. What is it made of?
(a) Petrified granite.
(b) Silicified bamboo.
(c) Parallet quartz.
(d) Flaked flint.
4. What happened to Hu-tu-tu when he stumbled on the causeway over the Zuni Wash?
(a) The people yelled at Hu-tu-tu.
(b) Hu-tu-tu was killed for sacrilege.
(c) Salamobia struck him with their yucca wands.
(d) Hu-tu-tu was asked to leave his clan.
5. In Chapter 2, where is George Bowlegs last reportedly seen?
(b) With Cata's bike.
(d) With Cata.
6. In Chapter 5, Leaphorn talks to Young Husband, a neighbor to the commune. Where has Young Husband spent 12 months?
(a) New York.
7. How has Isaacs identified the anthropological site where he's digging?
(a) A Paleo-Indian burial site.
(b) A Clovis trash site.
(c) A Folsom hunting camp.
(d) An Anasazi village.
8. How many people originally settled the commune?
9. In Chapter 6, what is the last message that Leaphorn receives from the Window Rock operator?
(a) His supervisor wants to know about an embezzlement case.
(b) Ernesto Cata's body has been found.
(c) George Bowlegs has been sighted.
(d) He has a dentist appointment the next day.
10. Where is Leaphorn at 7:22 a.m. on December 2?
(a) At the Ramah chapter house.
(b) At Shorty Bowleg's hogan.
(c) At Ernesto Cata's burial site.
(d) On the road to the Zuni village.
11. When was the last time Isaacs saw George Bowlegs and Ernesto Cata?
(c) Over a week ago.
12. Who is in charge of the investigation introduced in Chapter 2?
(a) Ed Pasquaanti.
(b) Cipriano Naranjo.
(c) Joe Leaphorn.
(d) J.D. Hightower.
13. In Chapter 10, where does Leaphorn drive to after the meeting?
(a) The Zuni River.
(b) The commune.
(c) The anthropological site.
(d) St. Anthony's.
14. According to Cecil, who stole something from the anthropologists at the dig site?
(a) The hippies at the commune.
(b) George Bowlegs.
(c) Ernesto Cata.
(d) A kachina.
15. How many spikes does Leaphorn spy on Cata's right shoe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Naranjo's hat made of?
2. Who are Bacobi and Atarque?
3. What clan does the Little Fire God belong to?
4. In Chapter 8, why does Leaphorn wait before entering the hogan?
5. In Chapter 7, what type of bird is startled from the junipers?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)