|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leaphorn bring out of the hogan that belongs to George?
(a) A ragged shirt.
(b) Odds and ends.
(c) A fetish.
2. In Chapter 10, where does Leaphorn drive to after the meeting?
(a) St. Anthony's.
(b) The Zuni River.
(c) The anthropological site.
(d) The commune.
3. In Chapter 6, for whom does Leaphorn feel an amused attraction?
(a) Alice Madman.
(b) Dr. Reynolds.
(d) Young Wife.
4. Who wrote "Paleo-Indian Cultures in North America"?
(a) Chester Reynolds.
(b) Mortimer McClanahan
(c) Gerard Livingston.
(d) Ted Isaacs.
5. Who was Nashibitti?
(a) Leaphorn's grandmother.
(b) A mythological spirit of the Zuni.
(c) Ernesto Cata's grandfather.
(d) A great singer.
6. Whose nickname is "Orange"?
(a) J.D. Highsmith.
(b) Joe Leaphorn.
(c) Ed Pasquaanti.
(d) Cipriano Naranjo.
7. What happened to Hu-tu-tu when he stumbled on the causeway over the Zuni Wash?
(a) Hu-tu-tu was asked to leave his clan.
(b) Salamobia struck him with their yucca wands.
(c) Hu-tu-tu was killed for sacrilege.
(d) The people yelled at Hu-tu-tu.
8. Whom does Leaphorn leave Cecil with after the death of Shorty Bowlegs?
(a) The Cata family.
(b) A Franciscan brother at St. Anthony's.
(c) Navajo Social Services.
(d) Jason's Fleece.
9. What are Belacani?
(b) Bad spirits.
(c) White people.
(d) Non-Navajo people.
10. Who lives in the old hogans behind Hoski Butte?
11. In gathering up Cecil's clothing in Chapter 9, what does Leaphorn pack in a grocery sack?
(a) Underwear and two pairs of socks.
(b) A single shirt.
(c) A pair of pants and a shirt.
(d) A shirt, underwear, and three pairs of socks.
12. In Chapter 5, what surprise does Leaphorn see emerging from the arbor?
(a) A human with a deer head.
(b) A human with a bird head.
(c) Ted Isaacs.
(d) George Bowlegs.
13. What kind of lunchbox does Cecil have?
(a) A beat-up gray lunchbox.
(b) A school bus lunchbox.
(c) A scuffed Beatles lunchbox.
(d) A Snoopy lunchbox.
14. In Chapter 5, Leaphorn talks to Young Husband, a neighbor to the commune. Where has Young Husband spent 12 months?
(c) New York.
15. Leaphorn estimates that Short Bowlegs was killed when?
(a) The day before.
(b) Several hours.
(c) 30 minutes before Leaphorn's arrival.
(d) Early that morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, why is Cecil worried about removing anything from the hogan?
2. Who are Bacobi and Atarque?
3. Which of these men is the McKinley County Deputy Sheriff?
4. By a white man's standards, what is Shorty Bowlegs net worth?
5. What is the proper cure for any who have been touched by Shorty's death?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)