|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Naranjo's hat made of?
(b) He doesn't wear a hat.
2. At the end of Chapter 1, what does the Little Fire God see?
(a) A figure with a mask of the Mole Salamobia.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A kachina.
(d) A Zuni sorcerer.
3. Whose nickname is "Orange"?
(a) J.D. Highsmith.
(b) Joe Leaphorn.
(c) Ed Pasquaanti.
(d) Cipriano Naranjo.
4. In Chapter 1, the Little Fire God is running. What is to the west of where he is?
(a) The Painted Desert.
(b) The Petrified Forest.
(d) Chaco Canyon.
5. Who helps Leaphorn change his flat tire?
(b) Father Ingles.
(c) Shorty Bowlegs.
(d) Cecil Bowlegs.
6. In Chapter 6, Leaphorn comes up with another explanation for the blood found where Ernesto Cata was last found?
(a) Deer blood.
(b) George Bowleg's blood.
(c) The blood of an unknown person.
(d) Sheep blood.
7. According to Leaphorn's observations, how many men and women live at the commune?
(a) Six men and four women.
(b) Three men and five women.
(c) Four men and three women.
(d) Five men and two women.
8. What clan does the Little Fire God belong to?
(a) Eagle Clan.
(b) Badger Clan.
(c) Antelope Clan.
(d) Wolf Clan.
9. In Chapter 8, what does Leaphorn find hanging from the hogan blanket rope?
(b) Shorty Bowlegs.
10. According to Cecil, why is a kachina after his brother and Ernesto?
(a) Both boys ignored kachina warnings.
(b) Both boys committed sacrilege.
(c) George did something against the Zuni religion.
(d) Ernesto told something taboo to George.
11. According to Cecil, who stole something from the anthropologists at the dig site?
(a) George Bowlegs.
(b) The hippies at the commune.
(c) A kachina.
(d) Ernesto Cata.
12. Who says, "When the dung beetle moves, know that something has moved it"?
(a) Joe Leaphorn.
(b) Ed Pasquaanti.
(c) Cata's uncle.
(d) Hosteen Nashibitti.
13. In Chapter 6, for whom does Leaphorn feel an amused attraction?
(a) Young Wife.
(c) Alice Madman.
(d) Dr. Reynolds.
14. In Chapter 8, what is being whipped into a frantic thrashing?
(a) Juniper limbs.
(b) The wind.
(d) The door to the hogan.
15. Leaphorn recognizes Agent Baker as what?
(a) An FBI agent.
(b) A BIA official.
(c) A State Bureau of Investigation agent.
(d) An agent with the Justice Department's Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cecil in Chapter 9, George said he was going to look for some kachinas at a place he couldn't pronounce. What letter does the place start with?
2. Where did Leaphorn attend college?
3. Leaphorn estimates Isaacs' age as what?
4. In Chapter 9, why is Cecil worried about removing anything from the hogan?
5. On what road is Leaphorn traveling in the last scene of Chapter 6?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)