|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Leaphorn find hanging from the hogan blanket rope?
(a) Shorty Bowlegs.
2. In Chapter 1, the Little Fire God reaches the end of his run and sees his bicycle. Who does he expect to be waiting?
(a) His brother.
(b) A Zuni elder.
(d) The Doctor.
3. What is the Navajo way to release a ghost for its infinite wandering?
(b) Break a hole in the hogan wall.
(c) Burn the hogan.
(d) A quick burial.
4. In Chapter 3, what does Leaphorn offer Cecil in an effort to get him to open up?
(a) A candy car.
(b) A ride into town.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A cola.
5. Where is Leaphorn at 7:22 a.m. on December 2?
(a) On the road to the Zuni village.
(b) At the Ramah chapter house.
(c) At Ernesto Cata's burial site.
(d) At Shorty Bowleg's hogan.
6. In Chapter 5, Leaphorn talks to Young Husband, a neighbor to the commune. Where has Young Husband spent 12 months?
(b) New York.
7. What does Leaphorn find in the Bowleg's stables?
(a) Cecil Bowlegs.
(b) One horse.
(c) Two horses.
(d) Tracks of two horses.
8. Who are Bacobi and Atarque?
(a) Navajo herders.
(b) Zuni police.
(c) Ernesto Cata's uncles.
(d) Bureau of Indian Affairs employees.
9. What is Leaphorn's clan?
(a) Always-Running Clan.
(b) Red-Faced Clan.
(c) Slow-Talking People Clan.
(d) Speaks-Wisely Clan.
10. What is Pasquaanti's job?
(a) Chief of Zuni Police.
(b) Navajo Policeman.
(c) Federal Agent.
(d) State Policeman.
11. In Chapter 10, to what job is Naranjo assigned?
(a) Escorting the federal agents around.
(b) Monitoring the highways.
(c) Interviewing the Zuni.
(d) Covering non-Navajo periphery of the Zuni reservation.
12. Where do the hippies in the commune sometimes give rides to Young Husband and Young Wife?
(a) Albuquerque and Farmington.
(b) Gallup and Farmington.
(c) Ramah and Gallup.
(d) Shiprock and Ramah.
13. On what road is Leaphorn traveling in the last scene of Chapter 6?
(a) Interstate 40.
(b) The Ramah-Ojo Caliente Road.
(c) The wagon trail.
(d) N.M. 53.
14. Who lives in the old hogans behind Hoski Butte?
15. Which of these men is the McKinley County Deputy Sheriff?
(a) James Naranjo.
(b) J.D. Highsmith.
(c) Howard Highsmith.
(d) Cipriano Naranjo.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what does Isaacs write on the envelope?
2. In Chapter 2, what road does Leaphorn take from Shiprock to Zuni?
3. In Chapter 4, what is described as the trademark of the Folsom culture?
4. What kind of lunchbox does Cecil have?
5. Who refers to Leaphorn as Navajo fuzz?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)