|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Leaphorn that kachinas are invisible unless you're about to die?
(a) Ed Pasquaanti.
(b) A college roommate.
(c) The commune neighbors.
(d) Father Ingles.
2. In gathering up Cecil's clothing in Chapter 9, what does Leaphorn pack in a grocery sack?
(a) A pair of pants and a shirt.
(b) A shirt, underwear, and three pairs of socks.
(c) Underwear and two pairs of socks.
(d) A single shirt.
3. What is Naranjo's hat made of?
(d) He doesn't wear a hat.
4. In Chapter 1, the Little Fire God reaches the end of his run and sees his bicycle. Who does he expect to be waiting?
(a) The Doctor.
(b) His brother.
(c) A Zuni elder.
5. In Chapter 2, where is George Bowlegs last reportedly seen?
(a) With Cata's bike.
(b) With Cata.
6. In Chapter 4, what does Isaacs write on the envelope?
(a) Grid 5 south, 7 east.
(b) Grid 3 north, 6 east.
(c) Grid 4 north, 7 west.
(d) Grid 2 south, 6 west.
7. In Chapter 7, what type of bird is startled from the junipers?
(b) Pinon jay.
8. In Chapter 5, approximately how many sheep does Leaphorn see at the commune?
9. Ernesto Cata is one of the missing boys. What other name or role does the reader know Cata by?
(a) The Little Fire God.
(b) The Little Sun God.
(c) Zuni Kachina.
(d) Badger Spirit.
10. In Chapter 5, what face turns to scarred white ice?
(a) Shorty Bowlegs.
(b) A Zuni elder.
(c) Corn Mountain.
(d) The moon.
11. Who wrote "Paleo-Indian Cultures in North America"?
(a) Mortimer McClanahan
(b) Chester Reynolds.
(c) Ted Isaacs.
(d) Gerard Livingston.
12. In Chapter 9, to what culture does the fetish most likely belong?
13. Who says, "Somebody should have warned Custer"?
14. What was the secret name given to Nashibitti at the Night Way Ceremonial?
(a) She Who is Wise.
(b) She Who Remains Silent.
(c) He Who Gives Answers.
(d) He Who Asks Questions.
15. In Chapter 8, who is the man in the blue shirt that Leaphorn sees at the door?
(a) Ed Pasquaanti.
(b) George Bowlegs.
(c) The killer.
(d) Shorty Bowlegs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Reynolds drive?
2. By a white man's standards, what is Shorty Bowlegs net worth?
3. Up to how many people live in a Zuni home?
4. By the end of Chapter 8, who arrives at the hogan?
5. What is the Navajo way to release a ghost for its infinite wandering?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)