|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Leaphorn at 7:22 a.m. on December 2?
(a) At Shorty Bowleg's hogan.
(b) At the Ramah chapter house.
(c) On the road to the Zuni village.
(d) At Ernesto Cata's burial site.
2. Who is the Navajo friend of the Little Fire God?
(a) Ted Isaacs.
(b) Father Ingles.
(d) George Bowlegs.
3. How many people originally settled the commune?
4. How many spikes does Leaphorn spy on Cata's right shoe?
5. Who owns the land where the commune sheep graze?
(a) Alice Madman.
(b) Frank Bob Madman.
(c) The Zuni tribe.
(d) The Navajo tribe.
6. In Chapter 9, what is the fetish that Leaphorn finds?
(a) A badger.
(b) An antelope.
(c) A carved kachina.
(d) A bone mole.
7. In Chapter 10, why is O'Malley angry with Leaphorn?
(a) For not finding George Bowlegs.
(b) For being insolent.
(c) For being Navajo.
(d) For investigating the Bowlegs hogan.
8. In Chapter 6, where is Leaphorn planning to sleep?
(a) At home.
(b) In his truck.
(c) At the Ramah chapter house.
(d) In Window Rock.
9. What mark is found on both Leaphorn's carryall and his shirt?
(a) A round seal with a picture of a buffalo.
(b) A square patch with a picture of an arrow.
(c) A square patch with the state seal.
(d) A round seal saying Navajo.
10. Who is John O' Malley?
(a) FBI agent.
(b) A member of the Arizona State Bureau of Investigation.
(c) Leaphorn's superior in the Navajo Tribe.
(d) An officer of the Highway Patrol.
11. On what road is Leaphorn traveling in the last scene of Chapter 6?
(a) The Ramah-Ojo Caliente Road.
(b) N.M. 53.
(c) The wagon trail.
(d) Interstate 40.
12. What is the Navajo way to release a ghost for its infinite wandering?
(b) A quick burial.
(c) Break a hole in the hogan wall.
(d) Burn the hogan.
13. In gathering up Cecil's clothing in Chapter 9, what does Leaphorn pack in a grocery sack?
(a) Underwear and two pairs of socks.
(b) A pair of pants and a shirt.
(c) A single shirt.
(d) A shirt, underwear, and three pairs of socks.
14. In Chapter 3, who says that George ran away from the kachina?
(a) Joe Leaphorn.
(b) Ed Pasquaanti.
(c) Cecil Bowlegs.
(d) Shorty Bowlegs.
15. In Chapter 5, approximately how many sheep does Leaphorn see at the commune?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, where does Leaphorn drive to after the meeting?
2. Where did Leaphorn attend college?
3. What grade in school are the two boys, Ernesto Cata and George Bowlegs?
4. According to Susanne in Chapter 6, what had George asked her about the day before?
5. What happened to Hu-tu-tu when he stumbled on the causeway over the Zuni Wash?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)