|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, where is Leaphorn planning to sleep?
(a) At home.
(b) In Window Rock.
(c) At the Ramah chapter house.
(d) In his truck.
2. Ernesto Cata is one of the missing boys. What other name or role does the reader know Cata by?
(a) Zuni Kachina.
(b) The Little Sun God.
(c) The Little Fire God.
(d) Badger Spirit.
3. In Chapter 3, what does Leaphorn offer Cecil in an effort to get him to open up?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A candy car.
(c) A ride into town.
(d) A cola.
4. What is taboo in the eight days leading to Shalako?
(b) Eating before sundown.
(d) Associating with non-Zuni people.
5. In Chapter 4, what is described as the trademark of the Folsom culture?
(b) Cooking pot.
(c) Lance points.
6. In Chapter 10, who is described as a baptized Christian and Catholic communicant?
(a) John O' Malley.
(b) George Bowlegs.
(d) Ernesto Cata.
7. Who is the young person with the shaved head at the commune?
8. What kind of lunchbox does Cecil have?
(a) A Snoopy lunchbox.
(b) A school bus lunchbox.
(c) A beat-up gray lunchbox.
(d) A scuffed Beatles lunchbox.
9. In Chapter 7, what type of bird is startled from the junipers?
(d) Pinon jay.
10. According to Leaphorn, what are the colors of dry country autumn where he lives?
(a) Red, orange, and gold.
(b) Gold, gray, and green.
(c) Crimson, blue, and orange.
(d) Blue, gold, and gray.
11. Leaphorn recognizes Agent Baker as what?
(a) An agent with the Justice Department's Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs.
(b) A BIA official.
(c) A State Bureau of Investigation agent.
(d) An FBI agent.
12. What is Jason's Fleece, as used in Dance Hall of the Dead?
(a) A legend.
(b) A store on the reservation.
(c) A place where the hippies live.
(d) An anthropological discovery.
13. Leaphorn estimates Isaacs' age as what?
(a) Early twenties.
(b) Mid twenties.
(c) Late twenties.
(d) Early thirties.
14. What does "dinee" mean?
(a) Anglo or white people.
(b) Navajo police.
(c) The people.
15. In Chapter 10, where does Leaphorn drive to after the meeting?
(a) St. Anthony's.
(b) The anthropological site.
(c) The Zuni River.
(d) The commune.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Leaphorn comes up with another explanation for the blood found where Ernesto Cata was last found?
2. What is Halona Itawana?
3. Who owns the land where the commune sheep graze?
4. In Chapter 2, what road does Leaphorn take from Shiprock to Zuni?
5. What is Pasquaanti's job?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)