|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, the Little Fire God spies a light on in a camper below him. He guesses that Ted Isaacs is doing what?
(a) Cooking supper.
(b) Cleaning the camper.
(c) Digging at the anthropological site.
2. What are Belacani?
(a) Non-Navajo people.
(b) White people.
(d) Bad spirits.
3. What is the Navajo way to release a ghost for its infinite wandering?
(b) A quick burial.
(c) Break a hole in the hogan wall.
(d) Burn the hogan.
4. Leaphorn recognizes Agent Baker as what?
(a) A State Bureau of Investigation agent.
(b) An agent with the Justice Department's Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs.
(c) An FBI agent.
(d) A BIA official.
5. What is Halona Itawana?
(a) A Zuni elder.
(b) A Zuni ritual.
(c) A Zuni village.
(d) A Navajo location.
6. By the end of Chapter 8, who arrives at the hogan?
(a) Cecil Bowlegs.
(b) Ted Isaacs.
(c) Father Ingles.
(d) J.D. Hightower.
7. About what time did George leave the commune?
(a) Almost eleven in the morning.
(b) Three or three-fifteen.
(c) Around noon.
(d) Four forty-five or five.
8. In Chapter 1, the Little Fire God reaches the end of his run and sees his bicycle. Who does he expect to be waiting?
(a) His brother.
(b) A Zuni elder.
(c) The Doctor.
9. What grade in school are the two boys, Ernesto Cata and George Bowlegs?
(a) 8th grade.
(b) They are in different grades.
(c) 6th grade.
(d) 7th grade.
10. According to Cecil, why is a kachina after his brother and Ernesto?
(a) Both boys ignored kachina warnings.
(b) George did something against the Zuni religion.
(c) Both boys committed sacrilege.
(d) Ernesto told something taboo to George.
11. In Chapter 5, Leaphorn talks to Young Husband, a neighbor to the commune. Where has Young Husband spent 12 months?
(d) New York.
12. What does Dr. Reynolds drive?
(a) A yellow Jeep.
(b) A green GMC pickup.
(c) A white Chevy pickup.
(d) A black SUV.
13. What does "dinee" mean?
(b) Anglo or white people.
(c) Navajo police.
(d) The people.
14. At the end of Chapter 1, what does the Little Fire God see?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A kachina.
(c) A Zuni sorcerer.
(d) A figure with a mask of the Mole Salamobia.
15. Where is Leaphorn at 7:22 a.m. on December 2?
(a) At Shorty Bowleg's hogan.
(b) At the Ramah chapter house.
(c) At Ernesto Cata's burial site.
(d) On the road to the Zuni village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these men is the McKinley County Deputy Sheriff?
2. According to Susanne in Chapter 6, what had George asked her about the day before?
3. In Chapter 10, to what job is Naranjo assigned?
4. In Chapter 6, where is Leaphorn planning to sleep?
5. Whom does Leaphorn leave Cecil with after the death of Shorty Bowlegs?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)