|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to a neighbor, where is the owner of the commune land believed to live?
(c) Santa Fe.
(d) Window Rock.
2. According to Susanne in Chapter 6, what had George asked her about the day before?
(a) How to become a shaman.
(b) Converting to Zuni religion.
(c) Where to find a kachina.
(d) Kachina forgiveness or absolution.
3. In Chapter 4, what is described as the trademark of the Folsom culture?
(a) Cooking pot.
(c) Lance points.
4. What distance does Leaphorn stop his truck from the roped-off dig site?
(a) 15 feet.
(b) 75 feet.
(c) 25 feet.
(d) 50 feet.
5. Where did Leaphorn attend college?
(a) University of New Mexico.
(b) Arizona State.
(c) University of Arizona.
(d) New Mexico State.
6. In Chapter 8, what does Leaphorn find hanging from the hogan blanket rope?
(c) Shorty Bowlegs.
7. By the end of Chapter 8, who arrives at the hogan?
(a) Father Ingles.
(b) Cecil Bowlegs.
(c) J.D. Hightower.
(d) Ted Isaacs.
8. In Chapter 9, what is the fetish that Leaphorn finds?
(a) A carved kachina.
(b) A bone mole.
(c) A badger.
(d) An antelope.
9. Who owns the land where the commune sheep graze?
(a) The Zuni tribe.
(b) Alice Madman.
(c) The Navajo tribe.
(d) Frank Bob Madman.
10. What is a kachina?
(a) Evil spirit.
(b) Navajo ancestor spirit or mask.
(c) Zuni ancestor spirit, mask, or wooden doll.
(d) A toy doll.
11. In Chapter 10, who is described as a baptized Christian and Catholic communicant?
(a) John O' Malley.
(b) George Bowlegs.
(c) Ernesto Cata.
12. What is Naranjo's hat made of?
(d) He doesn't wear a hat.
13. Who lives in the old hogans behind Hoski Butte?
14. Leaphorn estimates Isaacs' age as what?
(a) Late twenties.
(b) Early thirties.
(c) Early twenties.
(d) Mid twenties.
15. In Chapter 3, Leaphorn makes the observation that days that begin badly end badly. What happens to make him think this?
(a) Shorty Bowlegs is too drunk to talk.
(b) He has a flat tire.
(c) He gets lost going to Shorty Bowleg's hogan.
(d) He can't locate George.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what road does Leaphorn take from Shiprock to Zuni?
2. In Chapter 1, the Little Fire God spies a light on in a camper below him. He guesses that Ted Isaacs is doing what?
3. In Chapter 9, why is Cecil worried about removing anything from the hogan?
4. What does Leaphorn bring out of the hogan that belongs to George?
5. Leaphorn estimates that Short Bowlegs was killed when?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)