|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Leaphorn's observations, how many men and women live at the commune?
(a) Four men and three women.
(b) Three men and five women.
(c) Six men and four women.
(d) Five men and two women.
2. What distance does Leaphorn stop his truck from the roped-off dig site?
(a) 15 feet.
(b) 75 feet.
(c) 50 feet.
(d) 25 feet.
3. In Chapter 9, why is Cecil worried about removing anything from the hogan?
(a) He doesn't want ghost sickness.
(b) Cecil has nothing.
(c) Cecil is grief-stricken.
(d) He thinks George will return.
4. What is Pasquaanti's job?
(a) Chief of Zuni Police.
(b) State Policeman.
(c) Navajo Policeman.
(d) Federal Agent.
5. About what time did George leave the commune?
(a) Four forty-five or five.
(b) Almost eleven in the morning.
(c) Three or three-fifteen.
(d) Around noon.
6. On what road is Leaphorn traveling in the last scene of Chapter 6?
(a) The wagon trail.
(b) Interstate 40.
(c) N.M. 53.
(d) The Ramah-Ojo Caliente Road.
7. In Chapter 3, Leaphorn makes the observation that days that begin badly end badly. What happens to make him think this?
(a) He has a flat tire.
(b) He gets lost going to Shorty Bowleg's hogan.
(c) He can't locate George.
(d) Shorty Bowlegs is too drunk to talk.
8. What is Leaphorn's clan?
(a) Speaks-Wisely Clan.
(b) Slow-Talking People Clan.
(c) Always-Running Clan.
(d) Red-Faced Clan.
9. Isaacs shows Leaphorn a rectangular pink stone from the butt-end of a lance point. What is it made of?
(a) Flaked flint.
(b) Silicified bamboo.
(c) Petrified granite.
(d) Parallet quartz.
10. What did Susanne make George take from her the last time she saw him?
(a) Some venison.
(b) Her old blue quilted jacket.
(d) A charm to protect him.
11. In Chapter 2, where is George Bowlegs last reportedly seen?
(a) With Cata.
(b) With Cata's bike.
12. Where do the hippies in the commune sometimes give rides to Young Husband and Young Wife?
(a) Albuquerque and Farmington.
(b) Ramah and Gallup.
(c) Gallup and Farmington.
(d) Shiprock and Ramah.
13. According to Cecil, why is a kachina after his brother and Ernesto?
(a) Both boys ignored kachina warnings.
(b) Ernesto told something taboo to George.
(c) Both boys committed sacrilege.
(d) George did something against the Zuni religion.
14. What does Leaphorn bring out of the hogan that belongs to George?
(a) A ragged shirt.
(b) Odds and ends.
(c) A fetish.
15. In Chapter 8, who does Leaphorn consider the last untapped possibility?
(a) George Bowlegs.
(c) Ted Isaacs.
(d) Shorty Bowlegs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, approximately how many sheep does Leaphorn see at the commune?
2. Who is in charge of the investigation introduced in Chapter 2?
3. Who considers the hippies as generous, ignorant, friendly, bad mannered but well intentioned?
4. In Chapter 10, why is O'Malley angry with Leaphorn?
5. In Chapter 8, Leaphorn hears the sound of a bell. What does it come from?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)