|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how does Leaphorn think of the Zuni village?
2. When does Dance Hall of the Dead begin?
(a) November 30.
(b) December 5.
(c) September 25.
(d) October 15.
3. What is the proper cure for any who have been touched by Shorty's death?
(a) Arranging for the proper Singer and Sing.
(b) Bringing out a shaman.
(c) Tearing down the hogan.
(d) Closing the smoke hole in the top.
4. At the end of Chapter 1, what does the Little Fire God see?
(a) A Zuni sorcerer.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A figure with a mask of the Mole Salamobia.
(d) A kachina.
5. In Chapter 14, what passenger does Leaphorn pick up on the way to the Zuni Lake?
(a) Cecil Bowlegs.
(d) A Zuni boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leaphorn estimates that Short Bowlegs was killed when?
2. Who is the Navajo friend of the Little Fire God?
3. Who mentions a treaty between the Zuni and the Turks?
4. In Chapter 10, the death of someone by a heroin overdose is mentioned. Who died?
5. In Chapter 3, Leaphorn makes the observation that days that begin badly end badly. What happens to make him think this?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)