|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Navajo way to release a ghost for its infinite wandering?
(b) A quick burial.
(c) Burn the hogan.
(d) Break a hole in the hogan wall.
2. On what road is Leaphorn traveling in the last scene of Chapter 6?
(a) Interstate 40.
(b) The Ramah-Ojo Caliente Road.
(c) N.M. 53.
(d) The wagon trail.
3. In Chapter 3, Leaphorn makes the observation that days that begin badly end badly. What happens to make him think this?
(a) Shorty Bowlegs is too drunk to talk.
(b) He gets lost going to Shorty Bowleg's hogan.
(c) He has a flat tire.
(d) He can't locate George.
4. Who lives in the old hogans behind Hoski Butte?
5. Who helps Leaphorn change his flat tire?
(a) Shorty Bowlegs.
(b) Father Ingles.
(d) Cecil Bowlegs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the last time that Father Ingles spoke with Ernesto Cata?
2. In Chapter 5, who does Leaphorn witness driving away from the commune?
3. According to Cecil, why is a kachina after his brother and Ernesto?
4. By the end of Chapter 8, who arrives at the hogan?
5. In Chapter 14, where is the sky-diving exhibition that Leaphorn hears about on the radio?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)