|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language do words like Shulawitsi and Shalako come from?
2. What is the Navajo way to release a ghost for its infinite wandering?
(b) A quick burial.
(c) Burn the hogan.
(d) Break a hole in the hogan wall.
3. How did Cata die?
(a) From an ax or machete to the neck.
(b) From a gunshot in the back.
(c) From a blow to the head.
(d) From a knife into the chest.
4. According to Leaphorn's observations, how many men and women live at the commune?
(a) Six men and four women.
(b) Five men and two women.
(c) Three men and five women.
(d) Four men and three women.
5. Who is the Navajo friend of the Little Fire God?
(a) George Bowlegs.
(c) Ted Isaacs.
(d) Father Ingles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Halona Itawana?
2. What mark is found on both Leaphorn's carryall and his shirt?
3. What does "dinee" mean?
4. When was the last time Isaacs saw George Bowlegs and Ernesto Cata?
5. Where did Leaphorn attend college?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)