|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Bacobi and Atarque?
(a) Bureau of Indian Affairs employees.
(b) Zuni police.
(c) Navajo herders.
(d) Ernesto Cata's uncles.
2. What is Naranjo's hat made of?
(d) He doesn't wear a hat.
3. What is a kachina?
(a) Evil spirit.
(b) Navajo ancestor spirit or mask.
(c) Zuni ancestor spirit, mask, or wooden doll.
(d) A toy doll.
4. In Chapter 6, where is Leaphorn planning to sleep?
(a) In his truck.
(b) In Window Rock.
(c) At home.
(d) At the Ramah chapter house.
5. As Chapter 15 ends, Leaphorn is only able to take how many steps?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how many sets of tracks does Leaphorn find?
2. In Zuni mythology, what is the penalty for sacrilege?
3. What was the secret name given to Nashibitti at the Night Way Ceremonial?
4. In Chapter 14, Leaphorn is traveling on N.M. 53 until it turns into what road at the state line?
5. In Chapter 5, approximately how many sheep does Leaphorn see at the commune?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)