* A Zuni boy runs along a trail to get in shape.
* He has been selected by his people to play the role of the Little Fire God during the upcoming Shalako celebration.
* In eight days, the Shalako will come from the Dance Hall of the Dead to bless the Zuni people.
* The Fire God must be in shape and avoid anger for the celebration.
* Thinking about anger makes him think of his Navajo friend, George.
* George has asked questions about sacred Zuni spiritual practices.
* By telling George things, the Zuni boy fears he has broken a taboo.
* George also encouraged the Fire God to steal arrowheads from an anthropological dig site.
* Now the boys aren't allowed to hang around the dig site anymore.
* The boy expects his friend to be waiting for him at the end of the trail with his bicycle.
* Instead, the Zuni boy finds...
This section contains 2,477 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)