• A Zuni boy runs along a trail to get in shape.
• He has been selected by his people to play the role of the Little Fire God during the upcoming Shalako celebration.
• In eight days, the Shalako will come from the Dance Hall of the Dead to bless the Zuni people.
• The Fire God must be in shape and avoid anger for the celebration.
• Thinking about anger makes him think of his Navajo friend, George.
• George has asked questions about sacred Zuni spiritual practices.
• By telling George things, the Zuni boy fears he has broken a taboo.
• George also encouraged the Fire God to steal arrowheads from an anthropological dig site.
• Now the boys aren't allowed to hang around the dig site anymore.
• The boy expects his friend to be waiting for him at the end of the trail with his bicycle.
• Instead, the Zuni boy finds...
This section contains 2,718 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)