|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what does Yuki say Kiki's body was transported in, in Chapter 38?
2. In Chapter 24, the writer is intrigued by Hiraku Makimura's opulent lifestyle, including __________.
3. In Chapter 29, Yuki and the writer make a trip to visit Amé where they meet her newest conquest, a one-armed poet named what?
4. The call girl who has been sent to the writer's room in Chapter 29 tells him that she has been paid for how many nights?
5. Dick dies while he is out doing what in Chapter 34?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting of Sapporo and the new Dolphin Hotel, as well as the foreshadowing in Chapter 6. What is foreshadowed in the young girl spotted by the narrator?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the characters of Fisherman and Bookish in the novel. How do these characters indicate the rising action of the narrative?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the narrator's treatment by the police and the events in Chapters 22 and 23. Why did the narrator not summon a lawyer?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)