|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The receptionist at the Dolphin Hotel tells the writer that she is now afraid to do what in Chapter 27?
2. In Chapter 38, the writer takes Yuki where?
3. In Chapter 37, the writer recommends that Yuki return where for a few days?
4. In Chapter 39, the writer spends how many days in his apartment, not eating, drinking or sleeping?
5. Where does Yuki suggest she and the writer take a trip in Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yuki reveal after seeing the film "Unrequited Love" in Chapter 38?
2. What does the protagonist find when he visits Yuki in Chapter 37?
3. Where does Yuki suggest she and the protagonist go on a trip in Chapter 27? Why?
4. What is the protagonist's emotional state in Chapter 20? What does Yuki tell him about it?
5. What conversation takes place between the protagonist and Yuki's mother in Chapter 29? How does the writer feel upon leaving?
6. What do the police ask the protagonist at the station in Chapter 21? What is his response?
7. What do the police present to the protagonist as the cause of his interrogation in Chapter 21? How does the protagonist respond?
8. Where does the protagonist encounter Bookish in Chapter 35? What does Bookish say?
9. What encounter does the protagonist attempt to hide from Yuki in Chapter 29? What is her reaction?
10. What conversation does the protagonist have with Yuki regarding their communication in Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the relationship that Yuki has with her parents. How does this neglect affect the narrator and why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the objectives and emotional state of the protagonist in Chapters 12 and 13. How has the appearance of the Sheep Man changed the protagonist and his objectives?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the settings of Haneda, Tokyo and Akasaka in the narrative. What leads the writer to each of these locales?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)