|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The call girl who has been sent to the writer's room in Chapter 29 tells him that she has been paid for how many nights?
2. In Chapter 35, the writer runs into what cop at a local store?
3. In Chapter 23, the writer tells Yuki about the Sheep Man and how he sort of works as ____________.
4. When the police question the writer, they ask what he was doing when in Chapter 21?
5. What is Dick's last name in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the protagonist spots Kiki in Chapter 30? Where does this encounter lead him?
2. What do the police ask the protagonist at the station in Chapter 21? What is his response?
3. What new character is introduced in Chapter 29? Where are they?
4. What is the protagonist's emotional state in Chapter 20? What does Yuki tell him about it?
5. What does Yuki reveal after seeing the film "Unrequited Love" in Chapter 38?
6. How is the protagonist's interrogation described in Chapter 22?
7. Where does the protagonist encounter Bookish in Chapter 35? What does Bookish say?
8. Why does the protagonist agree to go on a trip with Yuki in Chapter 27? Whom does he invite to come along?
9. What is the protagonist's emotional state in Chapter 36? Why does he go to visit Yuki?
10. What does the protagonist find when he visits Yuki in Chapter 37?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the biography and works of author Haruki Murakami. What are common themes and stylistic elements in the author's works?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss objective in the reading. What does the protagonist want? How does he go about achieving his goals? How do these objectives change?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the narrator's treatment by the police and the events in Chapters 22 and 23. Why did the narrator not summon a lawyer?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)