|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, the writer offers to drive Gotanda where?
2. In Chapter 34, the writer explains to Yuki that you can't just say mean things why?
3. When the police question the writer, they ask what he was doing when in Chapter 21?
4. In Chapter 29, Yuki and the writer make a trip to visit Amé where they meet her newest conquest, a one-armed poet named what?
5. Where does Yuki suggest she and the writer take a trip in Chapter 27?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Gotanda and the actions and objectives of the protagonist in Chapter 26. What does the narrator hope to learn from Gotanda?
Essay Topic 2
Define and identify the setting of the novel and the novel's protagonist. In what country and time period is the novel set?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting of Hawaii and discuss the new information learned from Miss Yumiyoshi in Chapters 27 and 28. How does this information affect the protagonist's objectives?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)