|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the police question the writer, they ask what he was doing when in Chapter 21?
2. Who does Yuki say has killed Kiki in Chapter 38?
3. What does the writer find inside an apartment after following Kiki in Chapter 30?
4. In Chapter 33, the writer's life is relatively normal although he does not what?
5. At the movies, Yuki doubles over in pain when whose scene comes on in Chapter 37?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yuki reveal after seeing the film "Unrequited Love" in Chapter 38?
2. How is the protagonist's interrogation described in Chapter 22?
3. Describe the continued dialogue between the police and the protagonist in Chapter 21. How does the narrator feel about his treatment?
4. Who has died in Chapter 34? What conversation takes place between the protagonist and Yuki regarding the death?
5. What is the protagonist's emotional state in Chapter 20? What does Yuki tell him about it?
6. Where does Yuki suggest she and the protagonist go on a trip in Chapter 27? Why?
7. What first encounter does the protagonist relate to Gotanda in Chapter 34?
8. What does Yuki reveal about the hotel receptionist in Chapter 27? What does the writer learn when he contacts her?
9. How does the relationship between the protagonist and Dick progress in Chapter 30?
10. What happens when the protagonist spots Kiki in Chapter 30? Where does this encounter lead him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss objective in the reading. What does the protagonist want? How does he go about achieving his goals? How do these objectives change?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the narrator's treatment by the police and the events in Chapters 22 and 23. Why did the narrator not summon a lawyer?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the characters of Fisherman and Bookish in the novel. How do these characters indicate the rising action of the narrative?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)