|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 28, Yuki and the writer go where?
2. In Chapter 38, the writer takes Yuki where?
3. In Chapter 30, who reads poetry to the writer?
4. In what does Yuki say Kiki's body was transported in, in Chapter 38?
5. In Chapter 35, the cop reveals to the writer that it is a mystery why Mei worked as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Yuki suggest she and the protagonist go on a trip in Chapter 27? Why?
2. What new character is introduced in Chapter 29? Where are they?
3. What is the protagonist's emotional state in Chapter 20? What does Yuki tell him about it?
4. How is the protagonist's interrogation described in Chapter 22?
5. What first encounter does the protagonist relate to Gotanda in Chapter 34?
6. What conversation takes place between the protagonist and Yuki's mother in Chapter 29? How does the writer feel upon leaving?
7. Where does the protagonist encounter Bookish in Chapter 35? What does Bookish say?
8. What leads up to the protagonist's eventual release in Chapter 22?
9. What leads up to the protagonist's encounter with Gotanda in Chapter 39?
10. What happens when the protagonist spots Kiki in Chapter 30? Where does this encounter lead him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss objective in the reading. What does the protagonist want? How does he go about achieving his goals? How do these objectives change?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the author's style and use of suspense and foreboding in the narrative. What builds up to the presence of the Sheep Man?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Gotanda and the actions and objectives of the protagonist in Chapter 26. What does the narrator hope to learn from Gotanda?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)