|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he is released from the police station in Chapter 23, the writer thinks of whom and wonders if she too will be killed?
2. Who does Yuki say has killed Kiki in Chapter 38?
3. In Chapter 29, Yuki and the writer make a trip to visit Amé where they meet her newest conquest, a one-armed poet named what?
4. In Chapter 36, Yuki says that who is just sitting around kind of spacing out?
5. In Chapter 35, the writer runs into what cop at a local store?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the protagonist encounter Bookish in Chapter 35? What does Bookish say?
2. What is the protagonist's emotional state in Chapter 20? What does Yuki tell him about it?
3. What is the protagonist's impression of the police in Chapter 21? What takes place?
4. What is the protagonist's emotional state in Chapter 36? Why does he go to visit Yuki?
5. Describe the continued dialogue between the police and the protagonist in Chapter 21. How does the narrator feel about his treatment?
6. Why does the protagonist agree to go on a trip with Yuki in Chapter 27? Whom does he invite to come along?
7. What does Yuki reveal about the hotel receptionist in Chapter 27? What does the writer learn when he contacts her?
8. How does the relationship between the protagonist and Dick progress in Chapter 30?
9. How is the protagonist's interrogation described in Chapter 22?
10. What do the police ask the protagonist at the station in Chapter 21? What is his response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the characters of Fisherman and Bookish in the novel. How do these characters indicate the rising action of the narrative?
Essay Topic 2
Define and identify the setting of the novel and the novel's protagonist. In what country and time period is the novel set?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the relationship that Yuki has with her parents. How does this neglect affect the narrator and why?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)