|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 37, the writer visits Yuki where?
2. In Chapter 35, the writer runs into what cop at a local store?
3. Yuki returns where in Chapter 33?
4. After he is released from the police station in Chapter 23, the writer thinks of whom and wonders if she too will be killed?
5. Hiraku Makimura offers to pay the writer if he will __________ in Chapter 24.
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting of Hawaii and discuss the new information learned from Miss Yumiyoshi in Chapters 27 and 28. How does this information affect the protagonist's objectives?
Essay Topic 2
Define and identify the setting of the novel and the novel's protagonist. In what country and time period is the novel set?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Yuki in the novel. How does the protagonist relate to this young girl? What does Yuki symbolize to the narrator?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)