|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, Yuki tells the writer that he is how far behind the times?
2. What object did the police find to tie the writer to the murder victim in Chapter 21?
3. In Chapter 32, Gotanda asks if the writer will trade cars with him and leaves the writer with what?
4. Whom does the writer call to explain his situation from the police precinct in Chapter 21?
5. In Chapter 21, the police arrive at the writer's apartment and ask him to go where with them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting of Sapporo and the new Dolphin Hotel, as well as the foreshadowing in Chapter 6. What is foreshadowed in the young girl spotted by the narrator?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Kiki in the narrative. How has Kiki's role in the protagonist's life changed up until this point?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting of Hawaii and discuss the new information learned from Miss Yumiyoshi in Chapters 27 and 28. How does this information affect the protagonist's objectives?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)