|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the film been playing when the writer decides to watch it in Chapter 14?
2. The assignment the protagonist goes on in Chapter 2 involves writing about what?
3. In the stead where the Dolphin Hotel once stood is a building that is how many stories tall in Chapter 4?
4. What is the young girl doing whom the narrator spots in the hotel bar in Chapter 6?
5. What kind of car does the protagonist drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator compare the old Dolphin Hotel to its replacement in Chapter 6?
2. What events take place when the protagonist awakens in Chapter 14?
3. Where does the protagonist arrive in Chapter 16? Where does he decide to stay?
4. Where does the protagonist decide to go after his assignment ends in Chapter 4? What does he find upon arrival?
5. How does the hotel receptionist describe her experience on the sixteenth floor in Chapter 7?
6. How does the protagonist describe Ryoichi Gotanda in Chapter 8?
7. What does the protagonist ask of his former business partner in Chapter 8?
8. How does the protagonist describe his entrance into his profession in Chapter 3?
9. On what assignment does the protagonist go in Chapter 2? How does he describe his job?
10. How does Yuki describe her relationship with her parents in Chapter 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of Kiki in the narrative. How has Kiki's role in the protagonist's life changed up until this point?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Gotanda and the actions and objectives of the protagonist in Chapter 26. What does the narrator hope to learn from Gotanda?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss objective in the reading. What does the protagonist want? How does he go about achieving his goals? How do these objectives change?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)